• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Dantis

Is there any you've heard so far that you like? The new ones that is. I think Sho's is the stand out right now.

Sho's is okay. sounds the most like the first game's OST to me.

Maybe Kitajoh was deliberately going in a different direction as this is like a half sequel or something. I maintain what I've always said though, that he's a lot better at slow paced tracks. They really should have gotten Konishi to do Arena's OST imo.

Setsu00

Sweet, here's hoping it has dual text/audio and is region free. I wanna get my hands on this game asap. I think im gonna take Ultimax seriously. I haven't done that with a fighting game since Marvel 3 and SF4AE. Time to go overboard on the frame data, match ups and hitboxes, etc. Its been too long.

With regards to Makoto, I really hope Liz doesn't go through all of this trouble only to find that he can't be revived. At the very least, Atlus should give us the Shadow Makoto that was featured in The Answer.

I'm don't think Elizabeth wants to revive Makoto, actually. I believe she said that she wanted to release the burden of seal from him, and this is something she could do without reviving him as well - Elizabeth herself could become the seal.

http://i.imgur.com/cBKySzD.png

Isn't that the same place where Makoto got sealed?

[P3 & P4A SPOILERS, INCLUDING LINK]

The door that we keep seeing in Ultimax is completely different from the Great Seal door (for reference: https://mlpchan.net/rp/src/1363747072601.jpg) The Ultimax door is black with green lines pulsing through it, and is MUCH smaller than the door to which Makoto is bound. I mean yes, the existence of a strange door certainly recalls the Great Seal and Makoto, but I'm still not convinced that it's directly related.

FluxWaveZ

I mean yes, the existence of a strange door certainly recalls the Great Seal and Makoto, but I'm still not convinced that it's directly related.

Maybe it's
some kind of Velvet Room entrance. How the door looks has reminded me of how the Velvet Room doors normally look, and Liz and Margaret are standing in front of it as though they're welcoming someone to it.

Isn't that just the top of the new tower that's shown up in Inaba? Could be wrong.

Don't think so. There's already a stage that looks like the top that's surrounded by columns.
That and the floor that has all of those crosses still up.

EDIT:
Spoilers

Turns out that new door is a seal, Unfortunetly,
Makoto
isn't the one behind it. It's

I will never be clean again...

Maybe it's
some kind of Velvet Room entrance. How the door looks has reminded me of how the Velvet Room doors normally look, and Liz and Margaret are standing in front of it as though they're welcoming someone to it.

That's an interesting theory, actually. I mean it seems to be an obvious implication for something to do with Makoto and the Great Seal, but I wonder if that's just a red herring, and it's something unrelated to that all along. Though if it is a Velvet Room entrance, why isn't it the trademark blue color? What might that signify?

The door that we keep seeing in Ultimax is completely different from the Great Seal door (for reference: https://mlpchan.net/rp/src/1363747072601.jpg) The Ultimax door is black with green lines pulsing through it, and is MUCH smaller than the door to which Makoto is bound. I mean yes, the existence of a strange door certainly recalls the Great Seal and Makoto, but I'm still not convinced that it's directly related.

Yeah, they are completely different. I don't know what to believe anymore. I guess we're gonna have to wait and see. I just really hope the story isn't solely focused on Sho. Im certain he's gonna be a typical "SHOnen" villain.(hates everyone, wants destroy everything, eventually realizes the power of friendship and set's off on a new enlighten journey) This story is suppose to tie up every loose end. In my mind, that means
Makoto and Takaya
need to be addressed.

Spoilers

Makoto

Meia

Yeah, dashing is still a concept that's unfamiliar to me, still love that old jumping in thing. Been playing Ultra SF4 a lot with a friend to try and knock that crap out of me though. :p

I can't wait to get bodied online because I can barely airdash correctly let alone do combos.

Practice makes perfect.

Confidence man, channel your inner Anderson Silva and teach hespect to all, is normal.

That P4 PS3/PS4 fightstick still isn't on Amazon.ca. >_<

Oh crap, its PS3 and 4???? I swore not to buy another stick, but this is intriguing.

Does anyone who is also terrible at Arena want to play later?

#NoGudPlayersPlz

Sure, im crap at Arena, so i'll give you a few matches later on. What's your psn?

Levito

Banned
So is there any word on whether or not NA is getting that whole deal where we can play Arena's story mode in Ultimax? It's been a while since I went through it and wouldn't mind trying it again.

Also, Marg getting a suplex is amazing.

Channel your inner Anderson Silva and snap your shin in half on another man's leg.

That's non-canon.

Andrefpvs

So is there any word on whether or not NA is getting that whole deal where we can play Arena's story mode in Ultimax? It's been a while since I went through it and wouldn't mind trying it again.

It appears nothing has been confirmed for NA yet. I would also be very interested in it.

kewlmyc

Also, Marg getting a suplex is amazing.

We're getting it most likely, but other that that, we don't know when. There's a "coming soon" section for it on the main English site. No official word I guess.

http://www.atlus.com/p4au/story/

PK Gaming

I can't wait to get bodied online because I can barely airdash correctly let alone do combos.

You gotta start from somewhere! A year ago, I couldn't even string a simple 5A > 5B > 5C combo together, but now, I think I've gotten decent at the game.

It's all about the practice.

kewlmyc

Confidence man, channel your inner Anderson Silva and teach hespect to all, is normal.

Practice makes perfect.

You gotta start from somewhere! A year ago, I couldn't even string a simple 5A > 5B > 5C combo together, but now, I think I've gotten decent at the game.

It's all about the practice.

I plan on having Ultimax be the first fighting game I take seriously. I've been reading this guide on fighting games that Lemstar recommended, but with Xillia 2, DanganRonpa 2, and Destiny coming out soon, I probably won't have much time to practice before the game comes out.

Margaret looks so much fun to play as. That suplex, man. And her theme is like a classier version of Battle for Everyone's Souls. I'm probably going to main her.

Makoto

I feel like I just went somewhere I can never come back from.
BPcZkgQ.jpg

Levito

Banned
I plan on having Ultimax be the first fighting game I take seriously. I've been reading this guide on fighting games that Lemstar recommended, but with Xillia 2, DanganRonpa 2, and Destiny coming out soon, I probably won't have much time to practice before the game comes out.

Yeah, I decided to not buy Alien: Isolation and just focus on Ultimax around that period of time. Would be fun to get half decent at a fighting game.(wont happen)

Playing DR2 for review right now, can't say much about it other than it's a videogame.

Margaret's trailer was awesome, that suplex man.

The amount of teasing is killing me for
Makoto
. Like seriously since Ultimax pretty much finishes up the series you might as well leave it off with a bang. I swear they better not backtrack on Elizabeth's quest
we fuckin need Makoto.
Sorry if I'm acting a bit desperate but I really want to play as him so much and even if not please have him in the story mode.

PK Gaming

All you guys need to get decent at Ultimax is some passion for your designated character choice (ie: pick someone you like over someone that's "better") and the willpower to keep practicing, no matter. That's it.

Remember: It's never too late to learn!

Dantis

Sure, im crap at Arena, so i'll give you a few matches later on. What's your psn?

I'm actually not sure. I think it's PsychoDantis.

All you guys need to get decent at Ultimax is passion for your designated character choice (ie: pick someone you like over someone that's "better") and the willpower to keep practicing, no matter.

Remember: It's never too late to learn!

It is if the game seems completely foreign to you.

FluxWaveZ

Yup. Is Margaret going to convince Elizabeth to stop her quest? That would be a disappointing end to that questline but ultimately its for the better.

No way is it that simple unless they really messed up. P4A spoilers:
The significance of Liz's arcana becoming The Fool is pretty profound. Even if her journey doesn't follow the path she was expecting it to, it can't end with just giving up.

That's an interesting theory, actually. I mean it seems to be an obvious implication for something to do with Makoto and the Great Seal, but I wonder if that's just a red herring, and it's something unrelated to that all along. Though if it is a Velvet Room entrance, why isn't it the trademark blue color? What might that signify?

This also reminds me of the crystal that can be seen floating in front of that door in one of the three stage environments of that location. Wonder what that's about...

I need dual text so bad; I don't wanna have to wait a month to experience this!

PK Gaming

It is if the game seems completely foreign to you.
Bullshit

I got into competitive arena about a year after it was released. It took some time to get acquainted with the game mechanics, but I got the hang of it eventually. As long as you put put in a concerted effort to learn the game (instead of half-assing it) it's absolutely possible to get decent at the game.

I'll say it again:

It's never too late to learn how to play a fighting game.

Dantis

No way is it that simple unless they really messed up. P4A spoilers:
The significance of Liz's arcana becoming The Fool is pretty profound. Even if her journey doesn't follow the path she was expecting it to, it can't end with just giving up.

I wouldn't go in expecting anything profound.

I have a feeling that whatever the outcome is, it will be rooted solely in the Arena narrative arc.

I don't there'll be any far reaching ramifications in either direction.

Mdesilva

It took me like, six to eight months of playing P4A to get to the point where I am now. But now that I've done that, I feel pretty competent in my abilities.

You just gotta play a lot, and play people who can actually help you improve.

Kool, I'll give it a try in about an hour or so.

It took me like, six to eight months of playing P4A to get to the point where I am now. But now that I've done that, I feel pretty competent in my abilities.

You just gotta play a lot, and play people who can actually help you improve.

Your the Aigis or Narukami player right? Time to burn you with my Yukiko flames :p

I wouldn't go in expecting anything profound.

I have a feeling that whatever the outcome is, it will be rooted solely in the Arena narrative arc.

I don't there'll be any far reaching ramifications in either direction.

Why go the length to make
Liz's Arcana become the fool so she can achieve her quest.
There has to be a big reason why unless they backpedal on that. Which I can't find Atlus doing because that would be a bit shitty in my opinion.

FluxWaveZ

It's pretty good that, for how much they've seemingly shown of the story via these trailers and articles, we still presumably know very little about what P4AU's story actually entails. Going into P4A, I was disappointed to realize I knew exactly how the story was going to unfold, for the most part, because I had followed all of their pre-release media. That story was probably smaller in scope compared to P4AU since it was essentially setting up this sequel, so that is probably part of the reason.

Mdesilva

Your the Aigis or Narukami player right? Time to burn you with my Yukiko flames :p
Not even close :p
Main: Chie
Sub: Mitsuru

Tierwhorin' it Kappa

Edit: I kinda wish I had an Aigis, but she takes a lot of time.

I don't think there's a scarier character to play against than Orgia Mode Aigis, actually. Kinda really terrifying.

Dantis

There has to be a big reason why unless they backpedal on that. Which I can't find Atlus doing because that would be a bit shitty in my opinion.

I think if you're going in expecting something more profound than Arena, you will be disappointed.

Mdesilva

I'm just hoping the writing in Ultimax is better this time. It's not just the premise and how there's so much repetition in the first that bother me, but it feels poorly written too.

Bullshit

I got into competitive arena about a year after it was released. It took some time to get acquainted with the game mechanics, but I got the hang of it eventually. As long as you put put in a concerted effort to learn the game (instead of half-assing it) it's absolutely possible to get decent at the game.

I'll say it again:

This. Don't believe Maximilian Dood when he says the only time you can learn a fighting game is during its early life. So long as are willing to learn the mechanics and are not afraid to lose a few times you can definitely get good at a fighting game that's in its late life.

I'm living proof that you can still do decently well at a fighting game if you suck at combos and just play to your personal strengths. Even so, I'm planning on putting a buttload of time into learning Junpei in Ultimax just so that I don't bring shame to my favourite character. I'll become the best Junpei on GAF or die trying!

Setsu00

The
need for the realization that you can't change the past and that you need to learn to move on
is a big enough reason for me to give Elizabeth the
Fool arcana
. It would also tie in nicely with
her previous arcana

Man, Margaret looks amazing. I knew her trailer was going to be good, but it surpassed my expectations. I'm definitely looking forward to her.

Sho's is okay. sounds the most like the first game's OST to me.

Maybe Kitajoh was deliberately going in a different direction as this is like a half sequel or something. I maintain what I've always said though, that he's a lot better at slow paced tracks. They really should have gotten Konishi to do Arena's OST imo.

I completely agree with that. Like I've been saying since forever, Kitajoh is a good composer, but he still has a lot to learn. The other day, I even found a song he composed for Catherine that sounds like Kanji's theme in P4A but slower.

Bullshit

I'll say it again:

You're totally right. I started playing Arena in February, and I think I'm actually decent. However, that's because I put effort and try to learn from every fight. Anyone can be good at a fighting game! It's all about practice and putting effort (like pretty much everything in life :p)

hao chi

The
need for the realization that you can't change the past and that you need to learn to move on
is a big enough reason for me to give Elizabeth the
Fool arcana
. It would also tie in nicely with
her previous arcana

I'll be disappointed if that's all Liz's quest leads up to, because The Answer more or less covered that.

Top Bottom