• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
ATLUS just shot themselves in the foot.

I don’t know how much the rest of you know about Japanese fighting games culture (I’m an expert), but alternate colour swaps are a huge part of it. It’s not like it is in First Person Shooters where you can become successful by selling weapon DLC. If you release region-exclusive palette swap DLC, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the fighting game community, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase P4AU, nor will they purchase any of ATLUS’s other games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but ATLUS has alienated an entire market with this move.

ATLUS, publicly apologize and release this DLC for everyone (or alternatively a Lisa Silverman swap for everyone) or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Heh. That reference.

Andrefpvs

image.php

image.php

FluxWaveZ

Well spotted Flux, damn.

Man, I should have stated it initially, but all the credit goes to DL user Will of Fortune for spotting it. I'm just the one spreading the word here, heh.

#atlusbasedchaos

I seriously just busted out laughing. Fucking well spotted. I guess GAM pulls from all color palettes? Either way, you just made a lot more work for our QA department and they all currently hate me (and by proxy, you.) :D

Working in QA myself, I hope they have a lot of fun with test runs or whatever else they'll be getting.

...Maybe if the word wasn't spread this could have passed cert. and we would have gotten some Famitsu alt. colors appearing during GAM and other modes.

Nachos

You & I, we're both sick. The only time we feel alive is when we put our lives on the line. It's a sad reality, but we people are never satisfied. We'll always seek a higher rush.

PK-boy, look at you: you've changed considerably – into a badass, if I may.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Working in QA myself, I hope they have a lot of fun with test runs or whatever else they'll be getting.

...Maybe if the word wasn't spread this could have passed cert. and we would have gotten some Famitsu alt. colors appearing during GAM and other modes.

We'll see what happens.

ATLUS, publicly apologize and release this DLC for everyone (or alternatively a Lisa Silverman swap for everyone) or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Bullying. Sound strategy.

will the level up stream of p4au be archived? It starts at 4am over here. :(

I sure hope so! https://twitter.com/JohnLHardin/status/502247665691013121

Sophia

That bad, huh?

<CorvoSol> WHAT THE FUCK WHERE DID THE BABY PERSONA EVEN GO
<CorvoSol> The FUCK was that SHIT about the BABY Persona if nobody is even talking about it now?

<PK_Gaming> "I think I understand why adults aren't able to summon this Persona"
<CorvoSol> OH MY FUCK
<CorvoSol> Sophia wasn't lying
<PK_Gaming> Because this show is fucking hot garbage
<PK_Gaming> your explanation is shit
<CorvoSol> BIO NOIDS ARE FUCKING REALLY A THING

<CorvoSol> SHE HAD FUSES AND SHIT IN HER HAND
<buddha0991> pay attention guys
<CorvoSol> SHE HAD METAL
<CorvoSol> IN HER HAND
<CorvoSol> WHAT IS A BIO NOID?

<buddha0991> WAT
<buddha0991> HIS FACE
<buddha0991> IS SO LONG
<CorvoSol> i know, rite?
<buddha0991> AAGAGAAA
<buddha0991> HE REALLY WAS LIKE
<buddha0991> NOPE
<buddha0991> NOT DEALING WITH THIS SHIT
<buddha0991> wat
<buddha0991> why is he there
<PK_Gaming> [This is a bad show]
<PK_Gaming> Quite possibly the worst anime i've ever seen
<CorvoSol> I just love Aki being like "God fucking damn. I can't deal with this. With all of this."

Yeah, it's pretty bad. These are just the ones I handpicked that didn't have any spoilers.

<CorvoSol> WHAT THE FUCK WHERE DID THE BABY PERSONA EVEN GO
<CorvoSol> The FUCK was that SHIT about the BABY Persona if nobody is even talking about it now?

<PK_Gaming> "I think I understand why adults aren't able to summon this Persona"
<CorvoSol> OH MY FUCK
<CorvoSol> Sophia wasn't lying
<PK_Gaming> Because this show is fucking hot garbage
<PK_Gaming> your explanation is shit
<CorvoSol> BIO NOIDS ARE FUCKING REALLY A THING

<CorvoSol> SHE HAD FUSES AND SHIT IN HER HAND
<buddha0991> pay attention guys
<CorvoSol> SHE HAD METAL
<CorvoSol> IN HER HAND
<CorvoSol> WHAT IS A BIO NOID?

<buddha0991> WAT
<buddha0991> HIS FACE
<buddha0991> IS SO LONG
<CorvoSol> i know, rite?
<2buddha0991> AAGAGAAA
<buddha0991> HE REALLY WAS LIKE
<buddha0991> NOPE
<buddha0991> NOT DEALING WITH THIS SHIT
<buddha0991> wat
<buddha0991> why is he there
<PK_Gaming> [This is a bad show]
<PK_Gaming> Quite possibly the worst anime i've ever seen
<CorvoSol> I just love Aki being like "God fucking damn. I can't deal with this. With all of this."

Yeah, it's pretty bad.

I wasn't paying all that much attention to that episode, so I STILL don't know what the heck happened.

Nachos

Yeah, it's pretty bad. These are just the ones I handpicked that didn't have any spoilers.

I just remember some account uploaded the series to YouTube back when the series was new. I'm starting to thank my fifteen-year-old self for forgetting to stay up to date with it beyond the first three episodes or so.

FluxWaveZ

Matthew Mercer on the LevelUp Live stream. Just signed a woman's copy of RE6, haha.

Going to be posting the P4AU OT soon. Hope I didn't mess it up.

Edit: Matthew Mercer is pretty good, and that's awesome. Guess those training videos were actually helpful for him, heh.

abrack08

I'm surprised at how good Matthew Mercer is. I've probably played a couple hundred hours at least over the past year or so and he's better than me. It's possible I just naturally suck at fighting games though, haha

Matthew Mercer on the LevelUp Live stream. Just signed a woman's copy of RE6, haha.

Going to be posting the P4AU OT soon. Hope I didn't mess it up.

Edit: Matthew Mercer is pretty good, and that's awesome. Guess those training videos were actually helpful for him, heh.

Yeah, not only he's good, but he also seems to be having so much fun! I'm really liking this stream.

FluxWaveZ

I'm surprised at how good Matthew Mercer is. I've probably played a couple hundred hours at least over the past year or so and he's better than me. It's possible I just naturally suck at fighting games though, haha

Maybe every voice actor has the power to embody who they play... Except for the dude who was featured on PSC playing himself last month.

P4AU Import OT's up.

Maybe every voice actor has the power to embody who they play... Except for the dude who was featured on PSC playing himself last month.

P4AU Import OT's up.

Been busy so I haven't been able to be as active as usual but this OT looks top notch. I liked how the fighting mechanics were explained, even though I'm a complete mess at fighting games, I understood everything that's there. The images with the controls and such are great too, good job!

PS: Nice avi :3

FluxWaveZ

Oh no, Marie has an "OH NOO, don't read my poem!" match intro. [Redacted] and Marie Atlus USA trailers being shown on the LevelUp stream.

Glad people like the P4AU OT!

I really really really enjoyed those trailers. Not only because of the English voices, but because of the combos. Marie looks really fun.

Can someone link to a good Marie or Theodore dub scene? Those are the only two Persona 3&4 characters which I haven't heard their voices in english. (I'm skipping Marie scenes in the game because I want to finish the anime first, but I would like to hear it) I remember that the first time I heard of the new Chie was from some clips ATLUSUSA uploaded for Golden, and honestly, I really thought she was very horrible there. But after playing Arena and watching a P4G's playthrough, I can firmly say that new Chie is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than OG Chie.

The wiki can be edited by anyone and there has been no confirmation to a Marie voice change. She sounds the same in her trailer.

Indeed, she sounds exactly like she sounds in Golden. You can tell just with that "stupidjerk" she says.

I wonder why someone edited the wiki to put that info with no confirmation at all :/

PK Gaming

Her ANGST is FOREVERMORE

That title is genius. Marie's trailer plays out like one of those video documentaries.

Marie: I'm feeling up for this. Let's go.
Marie: Yeah i've been going to gym, doing some cardio. Gotta get my stamina up, you know?
Marie: If you're trying to destroy this town then i'll never forgive you. Never.

It just needs a shaky camera:

PS: MARY

LX_Theo

Banned
Indeed, she sounds exactly like she sounds in Golden. You can tell just with that "stupidjerk" she says.

I wonder why someone edited the wiki to put that info with no confirmation at all :/

It was probably some person trying to be a stupidjerkIhatethemandtheyshouldgodie.

Top Bottom