• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Persona Trinity Soul Ending:
All was dis bear:
tumblr_inline_mtj5onwNtK1r1f66r.gif

PERSONA: TRINITY SOUL: FINAL THOUGHTS

FINAL EPISODE SPOILERS

jW1363b.jpg

You guys survived Trinity Soul, now you can go on to watch......
Good luck with that

PK Gaming

Make no mistake about it, Trinity Soul is aggressively mediocre.

I feel bad for the Persona fans that had to sit through this monument to stupidity when it first aired. This is what they had to look forward to? This vile, worthless, irrelevant piece of garbage? Jesus, this anime has the appeal of an ulcer. A complete and train wreck if I ever saw one.

RIP Aika. At least you were reincarnated and now exist in the Persona 4 universe.

Make no mistake about it, Trinity Soul is aggressively mediocre.

I feel bad for the Persona fans that had to sit through this monument to stupidity when it first aired. This is what they had to look forward to? This vile, worthless, irrelevant piece of garbage? Jesus, this anime has the appeal of an ulcer. A complete and train wreck if I ever saw one.

RIP Aika. At least you were reincarnated and now live in Persona 4 universe.

That sounds like what most people thought about PQ when it was announced.

as bad as that show is, its leagues better than this tripe.

I'll at least agree with you on that, though most of the SMT adaptations tend to be either bad or so bad it's good. Though Trinity Soul is a whole new level of bad beyond the other SMT adaptations I'll give you that.

P-Day was certainly something to behold. I'm actually kinda glad that I slept through it so that I didn't make a fool of myself :p
Oh man that night was a sight to behold.
266327-zz.jpg

ATLUS: The King of Trolls

Same. I woke up and was OH SHIT ALL THESE GAMES LOOK AWESOME then went back to sleep.

I remember that morning well: I was visiting family in Columbus, and the first thing I saw upon checking my phone after waking up was that [REDACTED] was in the console version of Ultimax, which would've been awesome on its own. I then saw the announcements of PQ and P5, before finally discovering the P4D trailer almost an hour later due to it being buried by most news sites in favour of the more mainline games.

Then I went back and read the announcement threads, which supplied an ample amount of the daily sodium that my body needs to function.

FluxWaveZ

That fucking theme, man. It's honestly giving me chills. Amazing and very fitting for Margaret.

And I'm glad they realized it would have been a tragedy if at least one character in the game didn't have an actual suplex. They gave it to the game's true champion, of course.

Sophia

Also, on the subject of Trinity Soul, the second ending song is pretty amazing. At least outside the context of the show. I like hearing Yumi Kawamura sing in Japanese. Live performance from the 2009 concert.

The show as a whole is incredibly disappointing to me tho. Both because it was a huge cop-out for not having an actual Persona 3 anime at the time, and because it's amazing premise, character designs, and music do not live up to the written plot and script.

arue

My god. Margaret's theme is so awesome. It's one of my favorite themes along with Battle for Everyone's Souls and Heartful Cry.

Her suplex is so unexpected. I was thinking that Aigis would have it because of the promo art.

kewlmyc

Wow, Margaret looks fun. Hopefully she's better than Elizabeth. Also, I like her theme.

Does that make Elizabeth the only character in the game without her own theme made especially for the Arena series?

Dantis

Man, after all these comments about Margaret's theme, I expected a lot more than a dance remix of Battle For Everyone's Souls.

DISAPPOINTING.

EDIT: Also, great picture, Setsu!

Setsu00

Wow, Margaret looks fun. Hopefully she's better than Elizabeth. Also, I like her theme.

Does that make Elizabeth the only character in the game without her own theme made especially for the Arena series?

I think Elizabeth now has her own theme.

Also, thanks for the kind words everyone!

Dantis

So hard to please, this one.

Well, I'm just not into dance remixes.

I actually feel like Ultimax's OST so far is significantly worse than the first game's. I've just watched the two new English trailers and both of their themes are reeeeeeally bad.

Marie looks pretty cool though.

Great drawing, Setsu!

Love waking up to so many new trailers ~ [Redacted], Marie, and Margaret are all looking great! The last month waiting for this game will be the hardest, methinks, especially once it's out in Japan next week...

Though speaking of that, your OT looks fantastic, Flux!

kewlmyc

Well, I'm just not into dance remixes.

I actually feel like Ultimax's OST so far is significantly worse than the first game's. I've just watched the two new English trailers and both of their themes are reeeeeeally bad.

Marie looks pretty cool though.

Is there any you've heard so far that you like? The new ones that is. I think Sho's is the stand out right now.

Too much teases for
Makoto.
Margret's trailer adds to this.

What are you talking about?

FluxWaveZ

Though speaking of that, your OT looks fantastic, Flux!

Thanks; glad I did alright for my first OT. Not sure if the NA release OT will be completely different since I'm not handling it, though. Might have to talk to armada about that.

P4AU is so close and it's gonna be so awesome. There are still the stand out questions of whether or not the JPN version is gonna be region locked (it won't) and if it'll have dual text/audio (real neutral on this one).

FluxWaveZ

To much teases for
Makoto.
Margret's trailer adds to this.

Ha, you think? My prediction—that I'm not feeling too hot about now—was that if Margaret's trailer hinted towards another character like previous ones did for Marie, Margaret and [Redacted], it would be a strong indication. I'm not too sure what's going on in Margaret's trailer, though; looking forward to what might possibly be Pepsiman's final P4AU trailer translation to find out.

That scene where Margaret is standing with Elizabeth is great, though. Always wanted to see them interact more.

Hm, actually, now that I think about it, I guess the P3 version of the Velvet Room being featured in that trailer is something, with Margaret hanging out with Theodore there for some reason.

What are you talking about?

http://i.imgur.com/cBKySzD.png

Isn't that the same place where Makoto got sealed?

P4AU is so close and it's gonna be so awesome. There are still the stand out questions of whether or not the JPN version is gonna be region locked (it won't) and if it'll have dual text/audio (real neutral on this one).

When are you expecting to receive your jp physical copy of P4AU?

PK Gaming

Two words: Absolute Power.

Look at how she carries herself on the battlefield. With a flick of her finger, she casually assaults the opponent with her Tarot cards. She wields multiple Personas. She teleports. (did you get a look at her IK setup? Jesus christ) and she gets physical; Dive kicks? Tiger Knees? SUPPLEX?!

Margaret proving that she is the superior Velvet Room attendant.

Margaret stepping up the plate after Aigis's blatant lie.

Margaret: Let there be SUPPLEX.

EDIT: And Hassou Tobi is a super. Thank you, Izanagi.

August 27 or August 28. Doesn't really matter because I have the digital version pre-ordered as well.

Sweet, here's hoping it has dual text/audio and is region free. I wanna get my hands on this game asap. I think im gonna take Ultimax seriously. I haven't done that with a fighting game since Marvel 3 and SF4AE. Time to go overboard on the frame data, match ups and hitboxes, etc. Its been too long.

With regards to Makoto, I really hope Liz doesn't go through all of this trouble only to find that he can't be revived. At the very least, Atlus should give us the Shadow Makoto that was featured in The Answer.

Isn't that just the top of the new tower that's shown up in Inaba? Could be wrong.

Could be. Im sure we'll find out for certain in a week. I can imagine the amount of Makoto threads that will erupt across the internet if he is in the game. Saying that though, where would he go on the character select screen? Also, wouldn't it make sense to reveal him before the game comes out to add to the hype? When i think of it from that perspective, I think myself and many others are reading into the Makoto thing to much. Still, he's the one character that is missing that would make this the ultimate roster

FluxWaveZ

Margaret (and apparently, Theo as well) is still trying to persuade Elizabeth to go back to the Velvet Room.

Ah, so is that what it's about. I could see Theodore being an idiot and not caring for Elizabeth's goals, but I thought Margaret had made peace with the fact that Liz was on her journey. Intriguing.

Top Bottom