• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

I liked this episode but just because of
Adachi
. I really enjoyed
the confrontations between Yu and Adachi
. However, as much as I liked Marie in P4G, shoving her literally in every way they can is not helping her character. In fact, this episode had an example of that that really threw me off:

When Yu comes back from facing Adachi by himself, Yosuke is there and they talk a little bit. In the game, that talk they had really made me feel like "Oh, Yosuke is my bro".
However (and this is my opinion), shoving Marie in this scene (as well as in many other scenes) was a mistake because the other characters feel pointless. Some of the new Golden scenes had really interesting moments with these characters, but now Marie is in the spotlight. Sometimes it even feels like she is the protagonist of this anime.

I like Marie. I don't like what this anime is doing with her character.

Also, the battle against
Ameno-Sagiri
was even worse than in the first anime.

All these years and I just realized that "A New World Fool" is some sort of distorted remix of "I'll Face Myself -Battle-".

I wouldn't call it a remix (though the term "remix" is a little bit confusing and has a lot of different interpretations). However, there are some similarities that may be intentional, especially regarding the main structure of both songs. I haven't noticed it before, but now that you mention it, it's a pretty interesting thing.

CorvoSol

To everyone who hates Marie in the anime, at least she won't be around for a while (maybe).

See, it's funny because while I loathe Marie in the anime, I'm pretty okay with her being in Ultimax. I don't like her "I AM THE QUEEN OF THE SHOW" treatment, but if she's just another element in the mix, I'm fine.

I would love this
it's a good closure, I would actually be extremely disappointed if he got revived and "lived happily ever after with the whole p3 gang", if that really did happen it's a disservice to P3's main theme. "Remembering your mortality and letting go of the past"

To be fair,
he's still going to die eventually. If a full-blown revival happened, he just gets to live his life to the fullest, then die like any other mortal man.

kewlmyc

See, it's funny because while I loathe Marie in the anime, I'm pretty okay with her being in Ultimax. I don't like her "I AM THE QUEEN OF THE SHOW" treatment, but if she's just another element in the mix, I'm fine.

The show shouldn't have her in focus for a while, at least until the end of the ski trip. I also agree, I thought she was mediocre in the game, but didn't find her loathsome that the anime is making me feel. Oh well, I only really watch any episode you guys recommend on here, which has been the Adachi episodes and the beach episode.

Shifting gears, I just want to say that, given the choice between the two:

I will choose the latter any day. Because at least he punches shit.

I didn't watch Trinity Soul but you can tell by that picture on the left that Akihiko became a loser in that adaptation.

Zareka

All these years and I just realized that "A New World Fool" is some sort of distorted remix of "I'll Face Myself -Battle-".

vRR1clY.gif

Woah, what.

Tamanon

Banned
So, Margaret, Theo and Elizabeth aren't humans I guess.

I'm just noticing that they all have yellow eyes. Are they actually shadows?

Zareka

I think it is. Or at least I've been told this by so many people with a short time span that I'm starting to hear it myself.

I'm listening to them both right now and I think I'm hearing it. They both follow the same type of pattern, at least in the beginning (that's all I've listened to, quick check).

How did I never notice this before.

Marche90

The
Adachi
hate is fine, but....

It would be cool if you could elaborate on it.

For the record I kind of liked him
as the culprit, and the added scenes in Golden were some of the best additions that that game made. In my eyes he's enjoyable both as a goof and as a maniacal psychopath and he works quite well as a polar opposite to the protagonist.

I think that I rushed, and used the word without thinking. It's not hate, as hate is a strong word, but I dislike him somewhat, especially after seeing how egoistical his motivation is.

And I was the weird one not liking the episode. I think that P4GA pushing Marie to my face it's taking its toll, since tbh, I did liked how Yu ended up using Magatsu Izanagi, for example, but what caused the biggest (and a negative) impression for me this episode was everything about Marie plus how short and how easily Yu dealt with
Ameno-sagiri

That plus I was extremely tired when watching the episode, haha. I'll try to rewatch the episode now that I'm rested to see if that changes my views on it.

arue

This episode is no better than 6, but it's pretty okay. It has its good moments and bad moments.

Good:
-I liked Yu and Adachi's confrontation and how Adachi's past is revealed. I like Adachi more now because the anime explored his personality and past more than the game did.
-The music playing during Yu vs. Adachi in Magatsu Inaba. Does that song play in the game or does it only appear in the anime?

Bad:
-Yu vs. Adachi (physical fight edition). Yu seems out of character for beating up Adachi like that. I know Yu was mad, but he seemed like the bad guy there, especially when Adachi didn't even try to avoid the punches.
-The talk with Marie. It felt forced (how else would it be?) and I almost cringed when she grabbed Yu's arms.

Very bad:
-The Ameno Sagiri battle. Holy shit it was even worse than the one in P4tA. 1HKO are you kidding me? There was even no explanation why Ameno Sagiri even appeared at all. I know this game was supposed to be for people who played P4 and P4G, but the Ameno Sagiri battle looked out of place and destroyed the pace of the episode.

I give this episode a 6/10.

Exactly how I feel.
I mean do we really need a scene where Makoto is walking up some white steps, the P3 cast looking on crying, as he turns around and smiles while being engulfed by white light? :p

Yes, we do! That will be the moment Makoto will explain how Erebus made him realize that he needs to guide the world to a better existence as the Messiah. Then Yu will say: "Let's do this with the power of friendship!". And Makoto willl give him a wry smile and say: "No, friendship would never eradicate the evil from Earth. I'll give mankind what they wished for years later. I'll give them death. I'll start Armageddon (summons Helel and Satan). But I'll save the good ones. I'll save the ones who believe in me. Are you with me?" Then Shin Megami Tensei V would be a war between Yu and Makoto and you will have to choose which path you want to play. lol

Yes, we do! That will be the moment Makoto will explain how Erebus made him realize that he needs to guide the world to a better existence as the Messiah. Then Yu will say: "Let's do this with the power of friendship!". And Makoto willl give him a wry smile and say: "No, friendship would never eradicate the evil from Earth. I'll give mankind what they wished for years later. I'll give them death. I'll start Armageddon (summons Helel and Satan). But I'll save the good ones. I'll save the ones who believe in me. Are you with me?" Then Shin Megami Tensei V would be a war between Yu and Makoto and you will have to choose which path you want to play. lol

Well, if it's about doing what humanity desires,
it'll probably boil down to Makoto vs Marie.
Guess who'll come out on top for that?

Meia

^

CorvoSol

*vomits*

LX_Theo

Banned

Give it to me. Give it to me now.

Wii U exclusive, too.

Tamanon

Banned
Guys, what if Elizabeth's mission can only be accomplished if she beats Rise and Yu in a dance battle for everyone's souls?

Regardless of Elizabeth's mission,
Makoto
is still destined to
grapple down with the god of fear and throw him into Hell's fire.

EDIT:
I'd play that game any day. Though since this is a Shin Megami Tensei game who is gonna be the Chaos, Law, and Neutral route.

Well... as I see it, Heroes tend to be neutral, human villains
(i.e. Strega and Adachi) act like Chaos (The world sucks. Let's change it and damn the consequences), while the gods are Law (Doing what they do out of an extremely misplaced sense of altruism)

I'd play that game any day. Though since this is a Shin Megami Tensei game who is gonna be designated for the Chaos, Law, and Neutral route.

Tamanon

Banned
I'd play that game any day. Though since this is a Shin Megami Tensei game who is gonna be designated for the Chaos, Law, and Neutral route.

Law:
Adachi. Because of his beliefs about the world.
Chaos:
Makoto? It makes sense in my head but can't explain it.
Neutral:
Yu, because he's one who doesn't want rules, but wants everyone to be together

Law:
Adachi. Because of his beliefs about the world.
Chaos:
Makoto? It makes sense in my head but can't explain it.
Neutral:
Yu, because he's one who doesn't want rules, but wants everyone to be together

I would think
Adachi
would be Chaos hmmm.

Margaret trailer: HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE Now I really want to play Margaret. The cutscene in the beginning looked pretty cool, Theodore! P3 Velvet Room!, I loooove the music in the background, and her moveset looks amazing to play as.
Also, just saw some of ENG clips of Marie. She's okay, more enjoyable than the JP one. So now I can see [Redacted] and Marie trailer.
[Redacted] and Marie trailer up on YT! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqaQsA3t0Aw
I gotta admit, Marie looks cool in there too. Still not really sure to buy her. Stopped before her IK. [Redacted]'s voice is pretty spot on.

Man of SEES:

nZdrR3p.jpg
[/SPOILER]
lol

Levito

Banned
To be fair,
he's still going to die eventually. If a full-blown revival happened, he just gets to live his life to the fullest, then die like any other mortal man.

*P3 cast walks off holding hands, laughing, full of joy*

EVENTUALLY THEY ALL DIED THOUGH.

:p

kewlmyc

But I actually want that (and Episode: Margaret)

I wonder how the DLC characters are going to be incorporated into the story. I'm not talking about [Redacted] because he has his own story mode, but I'm talking about Marie and Margaret. Their trailers and trailer dialogue makes it seem as if they'll have their own fights in story mode, but it would seem weird to have them playable in the story mode, but you'll have to pay to play them anywhere else.

How did BlazBlue Chronophantasma handle this with Kokonoe and Terumi?

biodude

Neo Member
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but for the [redacted] and marie dlc, if I download them using one account then play the game on another account on the same xbox, can I still use the dlc characters on that other account? or only when using the original account?

Top Bottom