• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Guys seriously when are they revealing P5?

I don't think they've even said anything about P4D yet? lol.

In about a month, guaranteed. Maybe next week or the week after if they try and pull a SMT4 by releasing an edited trailer first while leaving the full trailer for TGS.

FluxWaveZ

P4 Spoilers https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvoVKvaCMAA_tN6.jpg

The DLC cards that come with Ultimax.

Almost makes it seem that people get all of the cards in a single package, but I think it's supposed to only be one? Still don't really get the point of these; not sure how one is supposed to collect them all if they actually only receive one.

Here's a physical version of the PNP (via Twitter). I still don't get how they managed to have two different versions of box arts: one that's been displayed through retailers and another "real" one that will be the actual box art.

Wonder if Atlus JP would ever do unboxings. Sounds like more of s PSC thing.

Almost makes it seem that people get all of the cards in a single package, but I think it's supposed to only be one? Still don't really get the point of these; not sure how one is supposed to collect them all if they actually only receive one.

If you got more than one, like a booster pack or something, then I would understand a little bit, but it is going to bug me. Gotta have 'em all etc..

FluxWaveZ

Atlus having a P4AU stream on the 26th at 8pm JST (7am EDT), with Minazuki's, [redacted]'s, Nanako's, and Teddie's actors. Showing DLC character gameplay as well.

Ah, this is where they finally reveal Nanako as a playable character. Neat.

Edit: It's not on the main page yet, but according to this promo page (spoilers) and other pages on the site itself like, the upcoming stream is one of the added rectangles at the bottom of the website.

If you got more than one, like a booster pack or something, then I would understand a little bit, but it is going to bug me. Gotta have 'em all etc..

Unless other people are willing to sacrifice their cards, one would literally have to buy multiple copies of the game to get them all. It's weird stuff. Maybe the purpose isn't to collect them all, but to just feel unique as different people will have different cards.

Mdesilva

Basically, to tell us that there were two more characters after [Redacted].
Ah okay.

Idk if anyone noticed or mentioned this already, but Shadow Labrys (Asterius) has a blue background once again here. All of the villains have red backgrounds… this goes for the shadows as well. I'm starting to believe the theory that she could become good.

Unless it was a joke theory…

FluxWaveZ

Is this this month's PSC?

Not at all. We might not be getting a PSC episode this month.

Ah okay.

Idk if anyone noticed or mentioned this already, but Shadow Labrys (Asterius) has a blue background once again here. All of the villains have red backgrounds… this goes for the shadows as well. I'm starting to believe the theory that she could become good.

Unless it was a joke theory…

It was a theory that we had discussed back when we discovered she would have an active role in the story, and I think we had dismissed it for lack of information, but it does seem that things are leaning that way. She's not an ordinary Shadow anymore (even though she wasn't really before, anyways) and Asterius is now her Persona. All kind of like
Teddie

Doesn't seem that her taste for destruction has abated, though. I do love the concept of a "traitor" to the Shadow army Minazuki's running.

Mdesilva

It was a theory that we had discussed back when we discovered she would have an active role in the story, and I think we had dismissed it for lack of information, but it does seem that things are leaning that way. She's not an ordinary Shadow anymore (even though she wasn't really before, anyways) and Asterius is now her Persona. All kind of like
Teddie

Doesn't seem that her taste for destruction has abated, though. I do love the concept of a "traitor" to the Shadow army Minazuki's running.
If she retains her badass personality and doesn't really act like the characters from the IT/Shadow Operatives (and just works with them and interacts with them), then I'll be fine with it.

Her voice (in both languages) is also amazing omg

FluxWaveZ

If she retains her badass personality and doesn't really act like the characters from the IT/Shadow Operatives (and just works with them and interacts with them), then I'll be fine with it.

Heh, if this actually happened, it'd be interesting to see Labrys and Shadow Labrys interactions in a context where the Shadow's not trying to kill the other and the other isn't trying to deny the Shadow's existence. Very reminiscent of
Aigis and Metis
. (P3FES spoiler)

Aigis didn't know Metis was a shadow until the end (or did she know and just not say anything?), and Metis wasn't going to/couldn't tell her. In this case they both know.

Sure,
Aigis didn't know. I just meant in terms of two robot girls who are actually one and the same, talking to each other as though they're their own person.
Labrys and Shadow Labrys knowing what they represent to each other would add an even more interesting dynamic. More of an antagonistic one as opposed to the other.

We'll see if this happens. Labrys' dungeon hasn't disappeared (with the bloody, hanging robot body boss area still there), plus there's that scene where Labrys has human skin again.

Mdesilva

Heh, if this actually happened, it'd be interesting to see Labrys and Shadow Labrys interactions in a context where the Shadow's not trying to kill the other and the other isn't trying to deny the Shadow's existence. Very reminiscent of
Aigis and Metis
. (P3FES spoiler)
I dunno about that, lol.
Aigis didn't know Metis was a shadow until the end (or did she know and just not say anything?), and Metis wasn't going to/couldn't tell her. In this case they both know.

I do hope that even if she doesn't try to kill her, S.Lab just trash talks everyone in her dialogue. Probably going to swear a good bit too :p

PK Gaming

It'll be amusing to see her interact with the IT, that's for sure.

Chie: Just because you're a psychotic robot killing machine bent on causing rampant destruction and chaos, doesn't mean you can't have any friends!

Shadow Labrys: It doesn't?

Yukiko: Of course not! Why [insert overly sappy friendship speech here] that's why I [insert continuation of overly sappy friendship here] and because of [insert the end of overly sappy friendship here] i'm the person you see standing here today.

Yu: You wanted to be the strongest right?

(outstretches hand)

Yu: Friends give you strength. Let's be friends, Shadow Labrys.

Shadow Labrys: You guys...

Mdesilva

Chie: Just because you're a psychotic robot killing machine bent on causing rampant destruction and chaos, doesn't mean you can't have any friends!

Yukiko: Of course not! Why [insert overly sappy friendship speech here] that's why I [insert continuation of overly sappy friendship here] and because of [insert the end of overly sappy friendship here] i'm the person you see standing here today.

(outstretches hand)

Shadow Labrys: You guys...
If that happens, I hope she just tells them to fuck off, lol.

It'd be in character!

(outstretches hand)

Shadow Labrys:
BvhrQ5WCMAAdd9v.png:large

There you go. Fixed.

FluxWaveZ

There you go. Fixed.

Seeing this picture reminds me of how S. Lab says "Hahaha, run on home, bitch!" to Mitsuru when she wins. Both S. Lab and Minazuki share a mutual hatred of Kirijo, so if it's happening, I wonder what would cause her to at least act in the good guys' favour.

Setsu00

Seeing this picture reminds me of how S. Lab says "Hahaha, run on home, bitch!" to Mitsuru when she wins. Both S. Lab and Minazuki share a mutual hatred of Kirijo, so if it's happening, I wonder what would cause her to at least act in the good guys' favour.

Stellar writing, of course!

Mdesilva

Anything to keep it canon while still keeping all the characters from Arena.
Oh, hi. I guess I should stop lurking. : (
Hey dude!

FluxWaveZ

SKINNY metal ass?

Nicki Minaj confirmed for Shadow-Shadow Labrys.

Seems that common thought is that it's a Futurama reference. Close enough for it.

Stellar writing, of course!

Heh, one would hope. Could be simple: Minazuki wants to destroy everything and Shadow Labrys isn't too into the idea of being destroyed (or act for anyone else but herself).

So what you guys are saying is thus:

Shadow Labrys is Vegeta.

I see.

Uh, or put simply: "anti-hero."

Seems that common thought is that it's a Futurama reference. Close enough for it.

Oh, true. I just wanted to be part of the group :(

Seriously, though. I hope she does far more things than "regular" Shadow characters... Which I guess they'll get a couple lines, I suppose.

Still, everything sounds a lot better than P4A's plot. That felt more as an add-on to Persona 4 ( another rescue-the-missing-ones mission and everything). This could be its own "Answer", I guess.

We will still get the "FRIENDSHIP IS FUN" monologues though.

PK Gaming

Heh, one would hope. Could be simple: Minazuki wants to destroy everything and Shadow Labrys isn't too into the idea of being destroyed (or act for anyone else but herself).

Uh, or put simply: "anti-hero."

I've been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer lately, and she's a deadringer for

S618_Spike.png

Especially if the bolded ends up coming true.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah... Persona 4's thing. Heh, at least there'll be a fair amount of "that's dumb, shut up" between [Redacted], Sho, Shadow Labrys and the other Shadows to counteract it.

The opening song isn't "Best Friends" this time, and the focal theme is "to stand tall and proud", so I'm hoping there isn't too much of that or, if there is, it's subverted or handled differently from the usual monologues.

Dantis

Yeah... Persona 4's thing. Heh, at least there'll be a fair amount of "that's dumb, shut up" between [Redacted], Sho, Shadow Labrys and the other Shadows to counteract it.

The opening song isn't "Best Friends" this time, and the focal theme is "to stand tall and proud", so I'm hoping there isn't too much of that or, if there is, it's subverted or handled differently from the usual monologues.

FRIENDSHIP IS DUMB is even worse than FRIENDSHIP IS GUUUUHREAT!

The song that played during the fight between Yu and Redacted in the latest P4GA episode is fantastic, I need that ost.
The anime certainly improved now that it's fleshing out Redacted, even showing us things we didn't see in the game.

Oh, true. I just wanted to be part of the group :(

Seriously, though. I hope she does far more things than "regular" Shadow characters... Which I guess they'll get a couple lines, I suppose.

Still, everything sounds a lot better than P4A's plot. That felt more as an add-on to Persona 4 ( another rescue-the-missing-ones mission and everything). This could be its own "Answer", I guess.

Don't worry about it. Sometimes I say stuff to add to the conversation I've got no clue about.

Also: welcome.

Zalman

So what are everyone's thoughts on P4D? Haven't heard that many people talk about it yet. I'm actually kind of looking forward to it. I like rhythm games, and I love P4 music, so this seems like something I'd enjoy.

kewlmyc

So what are everyone's thoughts on P4D? Haven't heard that many people talk about it yet. I'm actually kind of looking forward to it. I like rhythm games, and I love P4 music, so this seems like something I'd enjoy.

We don't know anything about it yet, so we don't talk about it much.

Interesting concept to say the least. I'll buy it being the Persona fanboy I am.

Zareka

It's made by the people who make Miku, Miku is awesome, Persona music is my favourite music. I am UNBELIEVABLY hyped.

Dantis

I'm interested in it. I really want to see what the characters look like and hear the soundtrack. Definitely plan on buying it, and I'm making the OT too.

Top Bottom