• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Snowflake

Neo Member
looool source.....if its not hentai.

Surely there are Persona doujins that aren't?

Sadly, I don't remember where the heck I found this the first time, I just know that you can find it fairly easily if you google "persona 3 comic fellatio."

... I should probably have found a better picture to be my first real post on PersonaGAF, but that's what regrets are for.

Snowflake

Neo Member
It's hentai.

Yes, I know this for fact.

Funnily enough, I just forced myself out of bed in the fear that it was. I quickly hopped on my laptop to say that I have no idea the exact source of it, just that I came across this particular image (Facebook I think), blew some air through my nostrils, and decided to save it for laughing at again at a later date. I probably should of thought of that before posting it.

I apologize if this is a no-no and I'm a complete idiot and oh dear lord I should probably just stop talking and fade into the background again.

Rhapsody

Banned
Funnily enough, I just forced myself out of bed in the fear that it was. I quickly hopped on my laptop to say that I have no idea the exact source of it, just that I came across this particular image (Facebook I think), blew some air through my nostrils, and decided to save it for laughing at again at a later date. I probably should of thought of that before posting it.

I apologize if this is a no-no and I'm a complete idiot and oh dear lord I should probably just stop talking and fade into the background again.

Don't worry. I actually think someone else posted this pic way back anyway.

Meia

Yeah, there's a few pics from those types of things that get posted here and there. As long as there's nothing, well, wrong with the pic itself I think it's fine. /shrug

MSMrRound

Got my vinyl 3ds XL skin today, now I don't have to worry about any shell importing or w/e.
a68b8972c9.jpg

Nice! Might see myself picking one up in the future.

Definitely not this month though...it's burning a hole in my pocket.

Brought Tales of Xillia 2 last week and got a call from my local store today...apparently this is already available...

Still undecided between P4U2 (JP/HK) or the NA version next month (that Bop bag and Tarot cards! UURRRRGGGHH so enticing! Darn you!)

AtlusUSA PQ A Maze of Life video..identity of a certain someone:
Oh...and apparently I think the kneesocks girl that caught the eyes of some due Chie shirt from their PQ video is someone under the Twitter handle of Jamuko. Give her a shout out if you appreciated her dancing!

Sophia

Still undecided between P4U2 (JP/HK) or the NA version next month (that Bop bag and Tarot cards! UURRRRGGGHH so enticing! Darn you!)

Unless you're really into competitive play or you're deathly worried about spoilers, I'd just wait for the NA version. Free DLC is worth it.

Man, I really like Rise's pose in that opening, probably more than her portrait art. It looks great :D

I really want a MadHouse animated Persona 4 Arena anime now. I really like the style of animation there. And yeah, Rise's pose is excellent.

MSMrRound

Unless you're really into competitive play

I'm really bad (the-type-that-rely-on-auto-combo-kind) ._.

Anyone that have played me should know (hao-chi, Rockder etc). Still up for some matches if you guys don't mind my level =X

Pretty tempted by that P4U2 arcade stick by Madcat but I have a feeling it might be wasted on me...

Anyone still think it's worth going for a stick even though one might not be into competitive fighting?

Sophia

Pretty tempted by that P4U2 arcade stick by Madcat but I have a feeling it might be wasted on me...

Anyone still think it's worth going for a stick even though one might not be into competitive fighting?

If you play any sort of arcade games at all, or you play PC gaming at all (especially indie gaming) then an arcade stick is not a bad investment. If possible, I'd recommend finding a friend who has one you can try first before you buy. They take a bit of getting used to.

Got my vinyl 3ds XL skin today, now I don't have to worry about any shell importing or w/e.

a68b8972c9.jpg

d76ade1f4a.jpg

893e21f3c5.jpg

Could have done a slightly better job on the bottom side (shifted a bit too much to the left), but It'll be fine
Awesome man!
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax opening is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NStVCQIDdU
Holy cow that was awesome!
Too bad only the Arena 1 characters are the only one who got their names shown and stuff (with Rise and without Elizabeth), but still, pretty awesome.
Someone make me a profile picture of Yosuke or Yukari pls!

Rhapsody

Banned

Anyone that have played me should know (hao-chi, Rockder etc). Still up for some matches if you guys don't mind my level =X

If money isn't an issue, you can still get some use out of it. Either keep it as a type of P4 souvenir or you can use it for classic arcade games for fun. The price is high if you don't care for any of that though.

Also, did anyone else realized that in the first part of the intro [Redacted], Margaret and even Igor and Koro in his separate spot from Ken appear but not Marie? Heh.

Sophia

Also, did anyone else realized that in the first part of the intro [Redacted], Margaret and even Igor and Koro in his separate spot from Ken appear but not Marie? Heh.

Marie is not in the intro at all, and it is glorious. GLORIOUS~!

Sho still looks like a dork in animation tho. Seriously. >_>;

Brought Tales of Xillia 2 last week and got a call from my local store today...apparently this is already available...
I so want it right now. But no, it will come out after school starts again ç_ç
Why do they always wait for school to start again before publishing games D:

Video has got me sufficiently hyped. Love it. Song is super fun, Lotus Juice is Da Man in real life. Great to see Rise's art redeemed. Wish they woulda given the entire roster the close up treatment thing— seems strange not doing it for both core casts.

Also, lol at no Marie. Probably because DLC but it's still funny to me. (Oh wait Margaret and [Redacted] are both in there. Even more LOL.)
Ninja edit: ...and Igor too. I can't snrk any more.

Sophia

I implore someone else to try and write down the lyrics. I'd do it myself, but my hearing is currently impaired in one ear due to technical issues.

JNA

Banned

a68b8972c9.jpg

d76ade1f4a.jpg

893e21f3c5.jpg

Could have done a slightly better job on the bottom side (shifted a bit too much to the left), but It'll be fine

Holy crap! I want that 3DS!

Please tell me there is a localized (NA) version for this? I currently have a regular 3DS but no XL. If I were to get one however, it would be that!

FluxWaveZ

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax opening is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NStVCQIDdU

Awesome, thought we'd have to wait until Wednesday, like PQ.

Why would Igor appear, though. Wouldn't think it's as silly as Marie's Igor In-A-Box. There was the question of whether or not he would appear in the game at all, and yet he's in the opening when characters like Marie or even Theodore could have replaced him for the Velvet Room factor.

Sophia

Awesome, thought we'd have to wait until Wednesday, like PQ.

Why would Igor appear, though. Wouldn't think it's as silly as Marie's Igor In-A-Box. There was the question of whether or not he would appear in the game at all, and yet he's in the opening when characters like Marie or even Theodore could have replaced him for the Velvet Room factor.

He's iconic, and this was probably finished long before Marie was decided to be playable. I mean this opening video was finished before June, seeing as it was in the IGN preview. Marie was announced (as DLC, key point) in July.

FluxWaveZ

He's iconic, and this was probably finished long before Marie was decided to be playable. I mean this opening video was finished before June, seeing as it was in the IGN preview. Marie was announced (as DLC, key point) in July.

But Marie will be available before Margaret as DLC, so she would have to have been decided upon and designed before Margaret, or at least at the same time.

But maybe if we consider the iconic part, Elizabeth, Margaret and Igor are more representative of the Velvet Room than Marie or Theodore. Kinda weird, that everyone that appears in that intro is playable, except for him, though. It reminds me of when Margaret and Marie appeared on the A5 poster with every other character being playable on it, which basically confirmed Margaret.

Sophia

But Marie will be available before Margaret as DLC, so she would have to have been decided upon and designed before Margaret, or at least at the same time.

But maybe if we consider the iconic part, Elizabeth, Margaret and Igor are more representative of the Velvet Room than Marie or Theodore. Kinda weird, that everyone that appears in that intro is playable, except for him, though. It reminds me of when Margaret and Marie appeared on the A5 poster with every other character being playable on it, which basically confirmed Margaret.

I would quite my glee at Marie not being in the opening, again, but I don't want to end up on a certain someone's twitter. Again.

I really like the art of everyone in the opening glass, however.

FluxWaveZ

YES

Bv4ED2hCIAAPyta.png

YESSS, practically called it.

Edit: Also, I believe that the interview here suggests that one who had relevant DLC from P4A (such as a Nanako navigator or Yosuke glasses) will be able to have it transferred to P4AU. It also talks about dual language options, but I'm not sure what it means.

JNA

Banned
YES

Bv4ED2hCIAAPyta.png

YESSS, practically called it.

Edit: Also, I believe that the interview here suggests that one who had relevant DLC from P4A (such as a Nanako navigator or Yosuke glasses) will be able to have it transferred to P4AU. It also talks about dual language options, but I'm not sure what it means.

Shadow Yu is starting into my soul.

...for some reason, I now have the sudden urge to drop my pants and cuddle in a feedle position. Make it stop! 0_0

Setsu00

As I understand it, the game will have the option to change the voices, but you won't be able to switch to English menus or text.

FluxWaveZ

As I understand it, the game will have the option to change the voices, but you won't be able to switch to English menus or text.

Yeah, that's what Zedar90 said on DL. So the new details:

- The game will be region free.
- There will be no dual text, but dual audio because the game is region free.
- P4A DLC can be transferred over to P4U2.

I have a feeling that the dual audio is only for battle VA. If it's for story mode, too, it'll be difficult to decide whether or not to go through with it without understanding inner monologues and stuff.

Marche90

Holy crap! I want that 3DS!

Please tell me there is a localized (NA) version for this? I currently have a regular 3DS but no XL. If I were to get one however, it would be that!

Nope. His is a regular 3DS XL, with a (very good) skin attached. In fact, he posted the link to the skin a few pages algo.

MSMrRound

So JP/HK copies wouldn't have English text!?

Eeeehhhh....

Guess they had to compromise to avoid the issue that happened back in 2012...

So would that mean dual voices but English text for NA? Would be nice if John's able to clarify it (if he's been cleared to do so)

Sophia

So JP/HK copies wouldn't have English text!?

Eeeehhhh....

Guess they had to compromise to avoid the issue that happened back in 2012...

So would that mean dual voices but English text for NA? Would be nice if John's able to clarify it (if he's been cleared to do so)

It is a safe assumption that is what it means.

Dantis

The new opening song is good.

Is that alternate cover image going to be a reversible cover? Or is it just a promo image?

Also, does anyone else find it weird that the opening which most closely emulated Soejima's style is the original P4 opening? Maybe it's because Soejima helped direct it or whatever, but even so, I bet the budget was miles lower.

Style

Banned

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
And it's what it should have been from the beginning. We could have avoided the P4A shenanigans

I mean, why do we want the JP text on an NTSC copy!?

It's a nice thing to have on hand just for posterity's sake —I definitely appreciate it as a translator for research purposes— and while it's not the largest market in the world, there definitely is a segment of Japanese expats, whether they're just students studying abroad or people living long term, who still prefer to consume pop culture stuff in their original language. One of the goals Sony had in mind when implementing Blu-Ray as the standard format on the PS4 was in fact having multi-language options on each game regardless of where one bought it.

And while I'm in the definite minority here, even as a translator, if I'm consuming Japanese media in Japanese, I prefer to have Japanese subtitles or captions on when possible, just to make sure I really am hearing everything 100 percent correctly since I'm a better reader and writer than speaker and listener.

But yeah, the expat market is always a nice thing to cater to when possible since not everyone is going to have the time or money to investigate how to import games. Just one of those things where if it's planned for ahead of time properly during development and won't impact testing too much it's just good to have out of due diligence.

Sophia

Also, does anyone else find it weird that the opening which most closely emulated Soejima's style is the original P4 opening? Maybe it's because Soejima helped direct it or whatever, but even so, I bet the budget was miles lower.

If you mean the characters themselves, it doesn't emulate Soejima's style that well. The original opening to Persona 4 uses quite a few clever tricks to make it look better than it actually is. Kanji in particular looks quite awkward if you actually examine him close up for the few seconds he's on screen.

Swedesu

Opening and song is awesome, as expected.

And that reversible cover (I'm guessing) looks fantastic.

One thing in the trailer caught my eye though. In the shot with the tarot cards it's the Fool, the World and for some reason the Wheel of Fortune. Now there is a certain dude who is of this arcana and even has an attack named after it, he crawls a lot too I heard.

Coincidence or is there a deeper meaning here?

Sadly, I don't remember where the heck I found this the first time, I just know that you can find it fairly easily if you google "persona 3 comic fellatio."

... I should probably have found a better picture to be my first real post on PersonaGAF, but that's what regrets are for.

It's hentai.

Yes, I know this for fact.

Despair.....

I really like the P4U2 opening song....not in the same level as P3 (FES is my all time favourite) and P4's.

Top Bottom