• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Sophia

One thing in the trailer caught my eye though. In the shot with the tarot cards it's the Fool, the World and for some reason the Wheel of Fortune. Now there is a certain dude who is of this arcana and even has an attack named after it, he crawls a lot too I heard.

Coincidence or is there a deeper meaning here?

There absolutely is a deeper meaning here, because they've always been very consistent about the tarot motifs. However, it has nothing to do with what you're suggesting; The Wheel of Fortune arcana belongs to Labrys.

I'm going to spoiler tag this for potential spoilers, in case my analyst is right in some manner:
In the image, The World is reversed, which typically implies a failure to complete something, or a failure to bring something to a closure. Another card, The Wheel of Fortune, is upright and suggests a plot twist. Something that'll change the nature of the story entirely. The Fool is obviously a reference to Narukami and Elizabeth, and represents The Fool's Journey, and the final card that can barely be seen is the Devil. The Devil usually represents negative aspects of a person that are controlling or ruining one's life. The two cards on the right are sideways, and thus hard to determine the nature of them.

FluxWaveZ

One thing in the trailer caught my eye though. In the shot with the tarot cards it's the Fool, the World and for some reason the Wheel of Fortune. Now there is a certain dude who is of this arcana and even has an attack named after it, he crawls a lot too I heard.

There's probably a deeper meaning to that shot, but I'm not too sure it's what you're referring to. For characters we actually know are in the game, The Fool is Narukami and
Elizabeth's
arcana, while the Wheel of Fortune is Labrys' arcana and The World is, er, someone's.

Tamanon

Banned
Opening and song is awesome, as expected.

And that reversible cover (I'm guessing) looks fantastic.

Could just be for Labrys or
Takaya
Both have been hinted at to have a big part in the story, Labrys is more likely, IMO.

Opening and song is awesome, as expected.

And that reversible cover (I'm guessing) looks fantastic.

My guess:

Wheel of Fortune - Labrys
Fool - Yu,
Elizabeth
World - A repeat in the endings of P3 and P4, where
the power of bonds is used to create this arcana and save the world.

Swedesu

There absolutely is a deeper meaning here, because they've always been very consistent about the tarot motifs. However, it has nothing to do with what you're suggesting; The Wheel of Fortune arcana belongs to Labrys.

I'm going to spoiler tag this for potential spoilers, in case my analyst is right in some manner:
In the image, The World is reversed, which typically implies a failure to complete something, or a failure to bring something to a closure. Another card, The Wheel of Fortune, is upright and suggests a plot twist. Something that'll change the nature of the story entirely. The Fool is obviously a reference to Narukami and Elizabeth, and represents The Fool's Journey, and the final card that can barely be seen is the Devil. The Devil usually represents negative aspects of a person that are controlling or ruining one's life. The two cards on the right are sideways, and thus hard to determine the nature of them.

Huh, that's a pretty cool way to interpret it and it actually seems pretty plausible given what we've seen so far.

And yeah, the fortune refering to Labrys is actually a no brainer now that I think about it, but it might also be something else since we still don't know that much about what happens in the story.

Also it's pretty funny to me that nobody mentioned Naoto who is also of that Arcana.

Sophia

Huh, that's a pretty cool way to interpret it and it actually seems pretty plausible given what we've seen so far.

And yeah, the fortune refering to Labrys is actually a no brainer now that I think about it, but it might also be something else since we still don't know that much about what happens in the story.

Also it's pretty funny to me that nobody mentioned Naoto who is also of that Arcana.

Naoto does indeed belong to the Wheel of Fortune arcana, and in the context of the original storyline to Persona 4, this associate is absolutely appropriate. However, in regards to the Arena games, I feel Labrys more accurately fits the meaning of the tarot card.
The Wheel of Fortune is a card of unexpected events and twists of fate. It can also represent one's destiny. Seeing as the Arena games have had Labrys as a central character, and she is the source of a noticeable turning point for both the P3 and P4 cast members, the arcana association fits her better in this case.

Atlus has been very consistent about the tarot associations ever since Persona 3 launched. I have every reason to believe that the showing of those four specific cards in the intro is intentional.

FluxWaveZ

Atlus USA could make a limited edition release that was just the game with that cover and I'd get it. Need a higher resolution version of that pic without that ugly "sample" text asap.

PK Gaming

YES

Bv4ED2hCIAAPyta.png

YESSS, practically called it.

Edit: Also, I believe that the interview here suggests that one who had relevant DLC from P4A (such as a Nanako navigator or Yosuke glasses) will be able to have it transferred to P4AU. It also talks about dual language options, but I'm not sure what it means.

You know what the best part of that image is?
Adachi's
expression is unchanged.

Transferable DLC? Fuck yes.

Sophia

Excelllent. As a resident spoiler hound, unleash the spoilers I say!

Well, for those of us who want them anyhow. Don't unleash them on people who don't want to hear them. That'd be rude. :<

You know a lot about tarot cards, Hitomi Sophia!

Ahahaha, you realizes who voices Hitomi right? :p

Dugna

Where did you see said spoilers? I must know for research purposes.

This I don't care about spoiling myself so if you know legit ones it'd be cool. Also that new OP song is freaking great have it on repeat listen to it close to 30 times now.

FluxWaveZ

You know what the best part of that image is?
Adachi's
expression is unchanged.

That's wrong, actually; their expression is quite clearly changed into a grimace. The only characters there whose expressions are the same are Margaret's (maybe) and Marie's.

Edit: Oh wow, people are actually getting their copies already. Man... Yeah, now paying close attention to the game's going to be dangerous. I'll have to stop looking out for P4U2 info if the game in fact does not have dual audio for the story mode.

That opening is great. The song is much better with vocals (I need a full version), and the animation looks really good.

Also, I may be crazy, but to me it feels shorter than P4A's opening. I don't know why... Maybe it's the pacing of the song? Or maybe it's the fact that I've already listened to the instrumental version hundreds of times? I don't know.

In any case, I can't wait to watch the opening on my TV with my Dualshock in hand. I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS GAME.

I can't wait to try out Sho, Minazuki and Rise.

PK Gaming

That's wrong, actually; their expression is quite clearly changed into a grimace. The only characters there whose expressions are the same are Margaret's (maybe) and Marie's.

Edit: Oh wow, people are actually getting their copies already. Man... Yeah, now paying close attention to the game's going to be dangerous. I'll have to stop looking out for P4U2 info if the game in fact does not have dual audio for the story mode.

fUCK, I need glasses

Yup, looks like we'll have the whole game revealed today if some posts I'm seeing are to be believed. A few people are claiming they'll datamine the preload, that apparently releases in an hour.

Meia

So now I'm in January in P3 FES. God, it's so tense. I feel like if I don't finish it in a month (real time)
the world will end.

Yeah, the setup time where you have to think about stuff that's happening in the story makes the end stretch of that game really intense. Music changes help a lot in that regard too.

FluxWaveZ

This is what happens when Atlus doesn't warn people about spoilers with threats.

Though, I was expecting the pre-load to be data mined if it was possible. That stuff tends to happen.

Only thing I need to know, is "The Door" being brought back or not LOL. I'm too scared to go on twitter and other social media places now because I might get spoiled on the whole story.

Sophia

For those of you who don't like spoilers, prepare to go on blackout. I wouldn't be surprised if a significant amount of spoilers are out there on the internet by the end of the day.

There shouldn't be any spoilers in this thread, as the topic title notes, but you can never be too careful.

FluxWaveZ

For those of you who don't like spoilers, prepare to go on blackout. I wouldn't be surprised if a significant amount of spoilers are out there on the internet by the end of the day.

There shouldn't be any spoilers in this thread, as the topic title notes, but you can never be too careful.

I don't know about Spectra, but I'm not worried. This isn't the first time I've had to dodge spoilers, and I tend to be good at it.

It was a general warning for everyone who doesn't like spoilers.

I embrace them, so I'm eagerly awaiting to find out everything. But I don't want to see people get spoiled if they don't want to.

Ah, I see. All I need to know is whether or not there'll be another playable character and I'm good.

Sophia

I don't know about Spectra, but I'm not worried. This isn't the first time I've had to dodge spoilers, and I tend to be good at it.

It was a general warning for everyone who doesn't like spoilers.

I embrace them, so I'm eagerly awaiting to find out everything. But I don't want to see people get spoiled if they don't want to.

Yup, looks like we'll have the whole game revealed today if some posts I'm seeing are to be believed. A few people are claiming they'll datamine the preload, that apparently releases in an hour.

Where are you seeing all this stuff? PM me if you can, I'm on tumblr but I can't find anything relevant, I won't be able to play because of reasons so I want spoilers :p

Zareka

Yeah, the setup time where you have to think about stuff that's happening in the story makes the end stretch of that game really intense. Music changes help a lot in that regard too.

Oh man, those music changes really hammered it home for me. First hearing the dorm music, then how much Paulownia Mall changed. P3 endgame is so good.

I'm avoiding any info on the game like the plague. But if just like Sophia, you don't mind spoilers and you find out if Makoto is in or not, do PM me. Otherwise, keep me in the dark about the whole game lol. It would suck to have the whole thing spoiled with the game releasing in about a month...

Tamanon

Banned
I think it's funny that a lot of people are itching for spoilers for P4AU. I think that's mainly because we all know the characters so well, and the game itself is built around fighting with a plot added on.

Persona 5 I imagine will be quite a different group of spoiler-hunters, much smaller IMO.

And yeah, I'm interested in P4AU spoilers too!

Dantis

I guess I'm the minority, but I kinda prefer the stylized visuals of the first opening.

I don't like either of the openings, visually.

Best Friends crushes the new song though.

I think it's funny that a lot of people are itching for spoilers for P4AU. I think that's mainly because we all know the characters so well, and the game itself is built around fighting with a plot added on.

Persona 5 I imagine will be quite a different group of spoiler-hunters, much smaller IMO.

And yeah, I'm interested in P4AU spoilers too!

Yep. I'm planning on spoiling it too.

Sophia

I don't like either of the openings, visually.

Best Friends crushes the new song though.

Having partial lyrics at my disposal thanks to a certain image board, my opinion of the new song is pretty high right now. I now understand why Shihoko Hirata sings it.

Top Bottom