• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Flux or anyone else, is it still possible to pre-order P4U2 on the JP PSN? I keep seeing a promotion for it, but the pages aren't working. I'm guessing that at this point I'm too late, but I thought I'd check with folks here who are getting the download version when it comes out on Thursday.

Spoiler watch 2014 update:
Looks like the preload won't start until the JP PSN updates, so we're clear for another ~8 hours.
Flux or anyone else, is it still possible to pre-order P4U2 on the JP PSN? I keep seeing a promotion for it, but the pages aren't working. I'm guessing that at this point I'm too late, but I thought I'd check with folks here who are getting the download version when it comes out on Thursday.
No, it's too late. The preorder page was taken down a couple of hours ago.

Sophia

I'm actually not sure what you mean?

Basically, the song appears to be the P4 cast talking to the P3 cast in a way. There's a lot of references to Persona 3 in it. I'll quote the chorus from that message board, because it seems pretty complete and accurate. The parentheses are Lotus Juice.

break out of the door
time to take a step up
no more cruising along
(justice no open word, could act before you stole this bruise)
all that I could,
(move the wall back, focus the world, over gain every time I could)
break out of your shell
deep down inside you'll feel
life's love in your heart
(what you got left, for myself, stop the lies)
no need to fear, (no need to fear)
it's time you (it's time you)
burn that dread (burn that dread)

Setsu00

Apparently, it's no longer possible to pre-order P4U2 digitally, sorry.

FluxWaveZ

Basically, the song appears to be the P4 cast talking to the P3 cast in a way. There's a lot of references to Persona 3 in it. I'll quote the chorus from that message board, because it seems pretty complete and accurate. The parentheses are Lotus Juice.

I can't help but hear it more as "Break out of the dome" (which would relate to shell), but it's possible I'm just hearing it wrong.

I love the last line. Feels like it brings everything together.

Interesting...
Still waiting for the part where they
grapple down with the god of fear and throw him into hell's fire.

Sophia

I can't help but hear it more as "Break out of the dome" (which would relate to shell), but it's possible I'm just hearing it wrong.

I love the last line. Feels like it brings everything together.

My favorite line is actually right before the chorus:
"...but this time, you give up nothing."

I'd try to complete the lyrics myself (Besides the aforementioned dome, I'm pretty sure "Affinity" is wrong too. As is virtually all of the second verse.) but I'm currently having difficulty hearing out of my right ear. Which makes it hard to understand without turning the volume up significantly.

Dantis

Pretty sure it's 'Break out of the dome', not door. Otherwise it sounds right, though.

That last line is very cool. Hadn't realised it said that at all.

Snowflake

Neo Member
There was the question of whether or not he would appear in the game at all, and yet he's in the opening when characters like Marie or even Theodore could have replaced him for the Velvet Room factor.

(Little late to the party here, but oh well)

I don't know if I'm being a complete idiot here or not, but I think Vox has mentioned before that there's still another slot for another DLC character. I doubt that Igor is gonna be playable though XD

The Fortune-Breaking Nose, IGOR. Those nose-tech combos though.

Tamanon

Banned
It is really weird that Igor is in the intro. Like super weird. He's the only non-playable one shown, not even Theo is shown I think.

Odd, but Igor is still el hombre.

FluxWaveZ

Spoilers in an RPG vs. a fighting game are two opposites. For me anyway :p

But the narratives are probably similar in length, and the scope of the narrative is possibly larger in the latter. Doesn't matter that it's a fighting game if the story is a straight up visual novel.

I wonder if Igor being shown means that he actually has new lines and a greater inclusion than in arena.

I, along with a few others, assumed that since his JP VA died, that he would be phased out and replaced by P5.

I wonder if they've just replaced his VA or if it's recycled lines like in the P3 movie.

FluxWaveZ

I wonder if Igor being shown means that he actually has new lines and a greater inclusion than in arena.

I, along with a few others, assumed that since his JP VA died, that he would be phased out and replaced by P5.

I wonder if they've just replaced his VA or if it's recycled lines like in the P3 movie.

In the story, they wouldn't be able to recycle much in this case without it feeling extremely meaningless compared to all of the other times, because at least in the other cases like P3M, P4G or P4tA, it made sense because those are the lines he said in the original games. Unless someone were to become a new guest or Igor was struck with amnesia, going for another "welcome to the Velvet Room" or "Social Links" speech would be awful.

Might just be some kind of joke with Marie's attack, but it'd be a real weird way to represent that instead of just showing Marie. P4AU seems to revolve a lot around the nature of the Velvet Room and its members, so maybe Igor was just a way to represent that since he was an core part of it. Maybe the game will explain his fate.

Spoilers in an RPG vs. a fighting game are two opposites. For me anyway :p

PQ can be pretty much ignored in terms of canon story form what I've heard whereas P4U seems to be much more important.

This is probably the last time we will see P3 and P4 characters and their story develop in a meaningful way (I don't think P4D is going to have much plot).

Tamanon

Banned
I got it, Igor has been kidnapped by the evil Sho!

That's why all the velvet room attendants are getting involved(sans Theo who barely counts).

FluxWaveZ

http://i.imgur.com/tIPIgyM.jpg

the most minor of spoilers, but not displaying it just in case, its how the story mode works.

Alright, clicked on it because of the disclaimer. Not a spoiler at all because we saw what was pretty much this in PV#3, but cool.

It was said there is no character unlocked for 100% progression, so that's all I needed to know. Pretty much going to stop looking out for things now.

There might be some other condition to unlock another character that is not tied to 100% progression, though.

Nah, that'd be insane. I tend to be neutral, but that's too far-fetched for me to consider it.

Setsu00

Alright, clicked on it because of the disclaimer. Not a spoiler at all because we saw what was pretty much this in PV#3, but cool.

It was said there is no character unlocked for 100% progression, so that's all I needed to know. Pretty much going to stop looking out for things now.

There might be some other condition to unlock another character that is not tied to 100% progression, though.

I'm curious. What indicates there's no new character for 100% completion?

FluxWaveZ

Just seen it and he says it specifically doesn't unlock
Margaret
or
Marie
, which doesn't surprise me at all.

That's true, he did specifically say that. And, of course, DLC characters wouldn't have been unlocked like that, especially not Marie or Margaret. But when a game starts leaking like this, I don't think something as big and easy to convey as a playable character would be kept hidden for some reason. I guess we'll know for "sure" once assets start hitting online, but yeah.

That's true, he did specifically say that. And, of course, DLC characters wouldn't have been unlocked like that, especially not Marie or Margaret. But when a game starts leaking like this, I don't think something as big and easy to convey as a playable character would be kept hidden for some reason. I guess we'll know for "sure" once assets start hitting online, but yeah.

Honestly, IF there's any further characters, I'm betting on them being DLC. If all the other DLC characters are already involved in the story, I don't see it playing out differently in the future.

Mdesilva

Grasping at straws here, but I'd say getting the True End =/= 100%, if BBCP was any indication. But that's only if that was intentionally worded that way lol

PK Gaming

tumblr_navhf2Paru1se98vvo1_500.jpg

tumblr_navhf2Paru1se98vvo2_500.jpg

tumblr_navhf2Paru1se98vvo3_500.jpg

They played hide & seek together

They played hide & seek

hide & seek

GOD, THESE KIDS

FluxWaveZ

Honestly, IF there's any further characters, I'm betting on them being DLC. If all the other DLC characters are already involved in the story, I don't see it playing out differently in the future.

Even with future DLC characters, the ASW/Atlus way is to have those characters be relevant to the stories they pertain to. If anything like that happens, I couldn't see an announcement being made earlier than 6 months from now, and it'd be analogous to the BBCP update.

CorvoSol

I'm so amped for the improved story mode in this game. No more boring overlaps!

If there's one thing not related to the new playable characters I'm excited about, it's this. Kinda wish they'd go back and fix Arena's story-mode to boot.

They played hide & seek together

They played hide & seek

hide & seek

GOD, THESE KIDS

Six of them probably played hide and seek while Senpai and one other did a "Let's split up gang!" maneuver.

P4G spoilers

This is something I just realized but when P4MC goes to visit Adachi in the TV world solo, how does he come back to the real world without Teddie?

FluxWaveZ

Oh? I'd heard they were releasing P4A as DLC, but I didn't know they'd consolidated/edited/fixed it. I thought it'd just be a straight up dump of P4A's story modes. That's good to hear.

You're right in that they haven't actually said anything about it other than it conveys the P4A story and that it's packed in with the PNP, but it's probably safe to assume that it has the same format as the other episodes; I believe that's how BlazBlue handled its recap story as well.

Dugna

You're right in that they haven't actually said anything about it other than it conveys the P4A story and that it's packed in with the PNP, but it's probably safe to assume that it has the same format as the other episodes; I believe that's how BlazBlue handled its recap story as well.

and the recap of Calamity Trigger in BBCS Extend was great made it all pretty simple to understand. So if they're doing that with P4A story even better.

The website for Persona 5 was last updated on August 22, 2014. Not the WHOIS, which counts for the domain renewal and server updates, which was on July 1, 2014, I mean the site itself, index.html, etc.
Sadly, the changes are not present on the site, but at least we know the site has been changed recently, in some way.

b7Ezw.png

TGS seems very likely now.

CorvoSol

Ah, well that's good. I'd actually buy the DLC if it did something like that. I wonder how they'll break it down, though.

FluxWaveZ

The website for Persona 5 was last updated on August 22, 2014. Not the WHOIS, which counts for the domain renewal and server updates, which was on July 1, 2014, I mean the site itself, index.html, etc.
Sadly, the changes are not present on the site, but at least we know the site has been changed recently, in some way.

b7Ezw.png

Sure, I'll buy it. My prediction was that they would unveil it surrounding the event—since TGS seems to be a pretty sad place of late which Atlus themselves don't attend—so I was expecting something in September.

Edit: Oh yeah, this might be related to what Tamanon had pointed out. Same date.

Dantis

b7Ezw.png

Tamanon said that they updated it the other day to update the search engine info or something.

Would this be that?

PK Gaming

b7Ezw.png

I9pKvXx.png

Top Bottom