• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

The website for Persona 5 was last updated on August 22, 2014. Not the WHOIS, which counts for the domain renewal and server updates, which was on July 1, 2014, I mean the site itself, index.html, etc.
Sadly, the changes are not present on the site, but at least we know the site has been changed recently, in some way.

b7Ezw.png

TGS seems very likely now.

They are not attending though. So maybe Sony would unveil at their stream thing?

FluxWaveZ

They are not attending though. So maybe Sony would unveil at their stream thing?

It's either at the SCEJ conference or nothing, I think. I don't believe TGS is the place to outright unveil a game of that caliber. They could stream a previously released trailer of it via the Sega booth or whatever, but I really think that it's either the SCEJ conference, it's Famitsu slightly before or slightly after TGS or it's Atlus doing their own thing because they're good at that.

That isn't true. SEGA is the one who handles distribution for ATLUS games in Japan, as of 2012. Meaning: If SEGA is attending, that means ATLUS could be as well, as they are part of the SEGA and SEGA SAMMY Holdings umbrella.

In the TGS 2012 attendees list, it never listed "ATLUS", as they don't do marketing and distribution for their games at events. SEGA does, so it'd appear at the SEGA booth. If P5 is there, it isn't going to be under an ATLUS booth, but a SEGA booth.

And by distribution, I don't mean publishing. ATLUS publishes their games in Japan and North America. SEGA is the one who handles the distribution, such as marketing, events, packaging, etc. They have been since 2012.

LX_Theo

Banned
The website for Persona 5 was last updated on August 22, 2014. Not the WHOIS, which counts for the domain renewal and server updates, which was on July 1, 2014, I mean the site itself, index.html, etc.
Sadly, the changes are not present on the site, but at least we know the site has been changed recently, in some way.

b7Ezw.png

TGS seems very likely now.

Going to be a debbie downer and note that there are a million other things they could edit the site for.

In fact, wouldn't it make more sense that any possible updates related to an unveil to be at the time of this speculated TGS related unveil? Not like they don't have offline servers to build the website and test it on.

(To note, I wrote this all before I noticed that you noted the info showing it to be a false alarm, whoops, lol)

CorvoSol

Popped in Arena today to play and yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. I still suck balls. I only managed to beat whatever the default setting for the computer was about 2/3 of the time, and I sure as Hell wasn't doing any cool, flashy combos outside of the one you get for mashin' Square.

YES

Bv4ED2hCIAAPyta.png

YESSS, practically called it.

Edit: Also, I believe that the interview here suggests that one who had relevant DLC from P4A (such as a Nanako navigator or Yosuke glasses) will be able to have it transferred to P4AU. It also talks about dual language options, but I'm not sure what it means.
Amazing. I like how Sho's the only not crazy one there haha. But I have bad sight, do [Redacted], Marie and Margaret also are Shadows?
Some stuff about the Persona Q comedy manga being in a latest Dengeki and/or the upcoming Persona Magazine issue.
Looks awesome. Looking forward it.
persona_001_cs1w1_300x.jpg

FluxWaveZ

Amazing. I like how Sho's the only not crazy one there haha. But I have bad sight, do [Redacted], Marie and Margaret also are Shadows?

Well, Sho has the Shadow Teddie cold death stare going on. The cover just oozes malevolence from everyone involved, which I love. [Redacted] isn't a Shadow, but has a suitably different expression. Margaret might be smiling there, though it's hard to tell. Marie seems exactly the same.

arue

They played hide & seek together

They played hide & seek

hide & seek

GOD, THESE KIDS
I reeaally should play P4G. I really want to experience those extra scenes, the ski trip, and the epilogue. But alas, the lack of time and money prevented me from playing it ;_;

YES

Bv4ED2hCIAAPyta.png

YESSS, practically called it.
Whoa I didn't really expect them to make this, so it's kind of a great surprise!
That Shadow Labrys laugh o_o

Well, Sho has the Shadow Teddie cold death stare going on. The cover just oozes malevolence from everyone involved, which I love. [Redacted] isn't a Shadow, but has a suitably different expression. Margaret might be smiling there, though it's hard to tell. Marie seems exactly the same.

I would really want to see what shadow
Makoto
would look like, but atlas it ain't gonna happen.

It's hard being a fan sometimes especially for a specific character :(

FluxWaveZ

Shadow Chie is one of very few viable shadows, sadly.

They all have dumb combos, but they are NOT all good.

Eh, I dunno about that, and I feel that it'll take some experimenting with the console version until people reach a consensus. People thought Shadow Yosuke was bad until just recently when they discovered they could abuse spin state to deal out huge damage during Shadow Frenzy.

For the Shadows that aren't Chie, Naoto, Akihiko, Mitsuru or Yu who have the most currently remarkable Shadow Frenzy combos, there's still the universal 2k+ HP buff, the dramatic SP increase on offense and the SP increase when getting damaged. That's not even taking into account the fact that SP carries over between rounds and that Shadows can use Awakening moves whenever they want (combined with fast SP gain, can make for some crazy stuff). Also, in some cases, some might prefer the old auto-combos to the new ones (though the new ones seem to generally be better).

Then there's the stuff that people haven't fully discovered yet. Shadow Junpei probably has some really optimal routes during Shadow Frenzy where he can go from 0 runs straight to Victory Cry. Shadow Teddie has some goofy, yet effective Shadow Frenzy combos. It'll take some experimenting, but I don't think they're as bad as some make it seem. I think they're just not really in use because people are so scared of not having a Burst (which, to be fair, is a bit scary).

Meia

Favorite line, or group of lines is when the Typhoon's about to hit and he thinks it'd be awesome if the wind would knock a ramen stand into some shadows killing them. Junpei being who he is of course is super serious, as everyone around him just looks at him oddly with "..." as responses, then he also does the "..." look with a panicked look on his face. :p

Argue, like I said on twitter, this drawing of yours is really good. So much quality in there, but really does look like something that belongs to a game's character portrait or something. Keep this up!

Tamanon

Banned
Excellent.

In the spirit of the week, what's everyone's favourite Junpei line? Mine's either the classic "Who's da man?" or "This is going to be a tough case, even for Junpei Iori: Ace Detective."

"Ba-ba-ba-ba I leveled up!"

If only because I always thought he was going to say Puppy Power instead.

Top Bottom