• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

This was my contribution to Junpei week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0cwlFYL80U

Also, the preload for Ultimax still isn't available. I figure I'm just going to spoil myself. No way I'm gonna last a month for the English version to come out when I'll be playing the import.

EDIT: Always wondered about this, guess this is as good a time as any to ask. Is calling Asterius a 'Persona' a mistranslation?
fV6NSS1.jpg

CorvoSol

It doesn't?

That Rise. And Chie. And Naoto.

Goddamn, I really love the epilogue designs.

Me too! I really loved the epilogue looks. Even Yosuke and Teddie's matching wardrobe. It was kinda nice to see a Persona cast not in uniform look relatively sane.

As opposed to P2EP and P3 characters in Arena, who fervently believe in adhering to the series' roots in wacky as hell outfits. (Not that I have a problem with that!)

Arue, your Junpei looks heeeeeeeeeella slick ♪

EDIT:

Favorite Junpei line: "Ha! Take this! HOME RUN!!!"

HOME RUN!! is also my favorite Junpei line.

This was my contribution to Junpei week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0cwlFYL80U

Also, the preload for Ultimax still isn't available. I figure I'm just going to spoil myself. No way I'm gonna last a month for the English version to come out when I'll be playing the import.

EDIT: Always wondered about this, guess this is as good a time as any to ask. Is calling Asterius a 'Persona' a mistranslation?

I assumed that Asterius was referred to as a Persona out of convenience. Although from what I remember of Labrys' story-mode, her Persona did look like it was Asterius during her escape from the Ergonomics Lab.

Speaking of Labrys, inasmuch as I intend to ever get into Arena, I'm thinking of maining her. Put in some practice as her today. I really like that she has attacks that can reel the enemy in, like the chain arm and her Persona's long distance infinity shaped attack. I just sort of suck at using them. I only managed to even trigger the chain-arm like, once every five tries or so. Probably because my only experience with fighting games is Smash and fiddling around in UMvC3. Nobody at home ever wants to play against me to help me get better, so I'm kinda just stuck noodlin'.

FluxWaveZ

Just a UI quirk. I guess in QA, we could label that as a bug, but it would probably come back as "As Designed." It'd probably be needless work to have to label it differently just for that one character. It'll work out in P4AU, though.

hao chi

Speaking of Labrys, inasmuch as I intend to ever get into Arena, I'm thinking of maining her. Put in some practice as her today. I really like that she has attacks that can reel the enemy in, like the chain arm and her Persona's long distance infinity shaped attack. I just sort of suck at using them. I only managed to even trigger the chain-arm like, once every five tries or so. Probably because my only experience with fighting games is Smash and fiddling around in UMvC3. Nobody at home ever wants to play against me to help me get better, so I'm kinda just stuck noodlin'.

You can usually find lobbies online that are for beginners, just look for the green leaf icon. There's also a group of beginners on Dustloop that make a lobby pretty much every night, and there seems to be a good amount of beginner level players here that would probably play with you.

Sophia

Just a UI quirk. I guess in QA, we could label that as a bug, but it would probably come back as "As Designed." It'd probably be needless work to have to label it differently just for that one character. It'll work out in P4AU, though.

For what it's worth, Asterius is listed as a Shadow on the versus screen.

However the official design works apparently refers to the relationship between Shadow Labrys and Asterius as closer to a Persona and it's user, so.... *shrugs*

CorvoSol

You can usually find lobbies online that are for beginners, just look for the green leaf icon. There's also a group of beginners on Dustloop that make a lobby pretty much every night, and there seems to be a good amount of beginner level players here that would probably play with you.

The real problem is I'm going back to school next month and the PS3 will not come with me, so my time to play after that'll be fairly restricted.

FluxWaveZ

For what it's worth, Asterius is listed as a Shadow on the versus screen.

Yeah, I did remember that, but the one on the versus screen is also not an interactible element. Either way, that is an inconsistency. Kinda like how the narrator says that "Kuma" wins when Teddie wins; I'm sure those kind of things aren't missed by the team as actual oversights.

Not to fussed about his part in the story tbh. Im just dying to know if he'll be playable. I reckon we'll know for certain by tomorrow.

Personally, I don't think he will be playable. If he is, Atlus are the best at keeping secrets.

Oh, sorry. I didn't mean how it's labeled "Persona" on the UI (Versus screen, palette change). Since she's a special case I agree it wouldn't be worth the effort. I'm talking about her description on the right side, it specifically says "her giant Persona."

I always thought of it as an extension of her, like how Shadow
Kanji had Cool Guy and Tough Guy

FluxWaveZ

Oh, sorry. I didn't mean how it's labeled "Persona" on the UI (Versus screen, palette change). Since she's a special case I agree it wouldn't be worth the effort. I'm talking about her description on the right side, it specifically uses the word "Persona."

Oh, now that's weird. Yeah, that shouldn't be there and is definitely a mistranslation or something. Shadow Labrys never even calls Asterius a "Persona" (hell, she never even calls him "Asterius" until P4AU).

In related, potential oversights, there was the Shadow Yu portrait used for Yu's Atlus USA trailer and Minazuki's theme used in Sho's trailer. Weird stuff. (Oh, and of course the Famitsu exclusive color being shown in the Atlus USA Golden Arena Mode stream)

FluxWaveZ

I was always on the side that thought that any extra character would already be in the base game—but hidden—and absolutely not DLC, but cool. Still, DLC further down the road could be possible; it just means that there aren't any in the immediate horizon (also don't think there are any additional characters on the disc at all).

FluxWaveZ

No way was there going to be separate story modes for Marie and Margaret. We're already getting a ton of content, regardless.

Edit: Also, I thought people disliked P4A for the separate character story modes? [Redacted] makes sense because of how it serves as a prelude to the actual story and fills in some details, but adding extra, separate episodes for Marie and Margaret instead of them being just part of episode P4 and episode P3 would make things a mess again.

LX_Theo

Banned
Is a "completed" story mode for the trophy count as 100% for it? Maybe they can add in a few Marie and Margaret "episodes"/"chapters" or whatever they call it without effecting anything. Just a little bit of side story for each of them.

I'm currently downloading the preload. Let's see what secrets it holds...

EDIT: Finished, but... encrypted. I'll let someone else figure it out. :/

FluxWaveZ

Might be time to make a P4AU spoiler thread, because I'd rather there be a venue like that instead of people discussing spoilers in the OT or in this thread.

I know we're all in P4AU hype right now, but I just recently finished Innocent Sin and it crushed me, even already knowing what happens at the end. Such a great story and such great characters. It's a shame about some of the dumb dungeons and absolutely ridiculous encounter rate. I'd honestly probably put it as my 2nd favorite behind P4 (I've played all of them, beat 3 and 4, just started EP and am almost at the end of P1) based on how strong the story and characters are alone. Also Maya's Theme might be the best tune in the whole series.

Nimby

Banned
A little P4A help?

My main is Kanji, and I'm getting his combos down pretty good (still a bit iffy about the J. A > Sweep > OMC > 2C, can't get the timing down 100%).

Are there any 50/50 mix-ups with this character. For example, I just finished a combo with 236 B, what can I do while they're still on the ground.

You know I'm looking forward to Yukari's confrontation with her shadow. To see if her shadow mentions
Makoto
and see how she deals with it if that does happen. Considering how she felt during the Answer.

FluxWaveZ

It's Yu Narukami.

Woops, typo.

Additionally, all the show times were made available, not that it matters to us. December 19-23, as announced. Related: Still find it weird that the upcoming P4GA stream will pertain to P4AU somehow.

And I still can't get over why Igor is in the P4AU intro. So out of place.

Ah, my bad. I thought you were poking fun at the alleged typo.

Nah, what amused me is how they announced it. Maybe it was a point of contention because of "Sakuya Shiomi" in the upcoming P3 stage show.

CorvoSol

Shadow Koro is the most important part of the whole deal, guys.

He'll probably admit to liking cats or some other Earth shattering thing.

Ahaha imagine his shadow calling him a little shit.

Still though Yukari's might be the best one depending on what occurs.
Yup, me too!
Woops, typo.

Additionally, all the show times were made available, not that it matters to us. December 19-23, as announced. Related: Still find it weird that the upcoming P4GA stream will pertain to P4AU somehow.

And I still can't get over why Igor is in the P4AU intro. So out of place.
Hey Flux, I've been wondering for a long time, but who are your most liked and disliked characters? From what I've seen, I think you like Adachi, Sho and Shabrys.

Top Bottom