• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

CorvoSol

It just goes to show

(lowers voice to an absolute whisper)

That the default name for the P4 protagonist is Yu Narukami

Before we go down this road again, I noticed last night in the P4AU promo materials that they listed him as Hero(Yu Narukami). Dunno if that's meaningful or anything but I kinda figured they wanted to do both.

PK Gaming

by association does that mean that the P3 protagonist is Sakuya Shiomi

EVZWhdQ.png

FluxWaveZ

Ohhh lol damn nice pic to use for it too :D

Heh, it's close enough to what it says. Standard spoiler warning with Shadow Teddie threatening people who spoil the game with death, and in blue a more formal request to let players enjoy the game by not spoiling them and how Atlus will be removing videos and streams and stuff of the game online.

MSMrRound

Kicking things off with Teddie intro and Rise trailer eh. Already a lot better than the Bravely Default livestream. Still waiting for Datsu Nugu moment.

MSMrRound

Uhhh...I think it's just an announcement that Soejima is providing the illustration to the front and back images of this week's Famitsu.

The illustration in that article is done by another artist (who had worked on some Persona comics) congratulating them on the launch of P4AU. Definitely not Soejima. (correct me if I'm wrong)

FluxWaveZ

The illustration in that article is done by another artist (who had worked on some Persona comics) congratulating them on the launch of P4AU (correct me if I'm wrong)

Illustration's definitely not Soejima's on that page; I believe you're right.

P4AU stream's started, with Sho Minazuki pretty much hosting it right now along with a woman cosplaying as Yukiko (don't think that's Yukiko's VA).

Wonder if we'll see anything of significance. At least there should be Marie and Margaret gameplay. There's also the full version of Break Out Of The Dome playing in the background.

MSMrRound

There's [redacted] and Nanako's voice actors on the panel as well. Yea, that's definitely not Ami Koshimizu.

Kappei Yamaguchi is also offscreen as Teddie yelling stuff at them. It's glorious.

FluxWaveZ

Full select screen:

[removed]

No random selects; might have lost my bet since it looks final, considering everything.

Still think that's so weird. Wonder if there really will be a dedicated random button in arcades for the select screen.

Edit: Beaten.

Lemstar

The goddamned Asian PSN store update blog post finally showed up. Feel free to draw inferences from the provided (presumably partial) list of DLC available on launch.

Gameshare pricing will be $18 per person. PM me.

Sophia

Full select screen:

[removed]

No random selects; might have lost my bet since it looks final, considering everything.

Still think that's so weird. Wonder if there really will be a dedicated random button in arcades for the select screen.

Edit: Beaten.

Note to self: If I ever have to bet, bet against Flux, seeing as he seems to lose. >.>;

FluxWaveZ

Note to self: If I ever have to bet, bet against Flux, seeing as he seems to lose. >.>;

Weird, huh. The two first bets I had were silly and baseless, but all facets of this one seemed backed by logic, and the result is abnormal. I'll use my ability henceforth dubbed Reverse Fortune as a way to improve my predictions in the future.

FluxWaveZ

They're about to talk about and show off the DLC characters. Starting off with showing off Marie gameplay.

Edit: Oh man, Margaret's next up. Marie looked pretty cool.

Haha, they decided on the Margaret vs. Liz MU.

Setsu00

Uhhh...I think it's just an announcement that Soejima is providing the illustration to the front and back images of this week's Famitsu.

The illustration in that article is done by another artist (who had worked on some Persona comics) congratulating them on the launch of P4AU. Definitely not Soejima. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Correct. I assumed that Soejima's style was recognizable enough that I didn't point out that this does not refer to the illustration in the actual article.

FluxWaveZ

Margaret definitely floats as she moves around.

Edit: Heh, the dev. actually called her DP the "Ultra Suplex." Of course.

Edit 2: Yep, [Redacted] is definitely kind of a grappler. Cool.

Expect Ultimax tracks to be uploaded to YouTube real soon. Finally get to listen to the whole main theme.

We've had (most of?) the frame data for months now, so obviously we just need it for Rise through Margaret.
Yeah, and it looks one we'll get those too. I posted that a bit too early.

From what ive unfortunately come across of in the last 24 hours, it looks like this is 100% the final roster

...Not playable.

EDIT:

Stay the hell away from Gamefaqs and Twitter.

And 4chan. It's strange how a new Persona game always seems to make the trolls come out in full force.
I hope the PAL release of P5 isn't too far behind the Japanese one. As soon as it's out over there, I'll have to become an Internet hermit to try and avoid any Spoilers.

Top Bottom