• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Holy crap, re-watching the Ken and Koro trailer, I realized that the area in which both of them are together in that cutscene is the dorm from P3

(sorry for bad quality and if I'm a mega slowpoke)
CB85An3.png

Uff duh

Banned
Just started P4. About 6 hours in is there any place you guys know of that will help me understand how to fuse persona properly? If you have any general tips for a first time persona player that would be very much welcome!

I give to you the gift of high res!
Thanks Atlus-senpai! It also doesn't have the "ATLUS" logo from Youtube!
Did some thumbnail work for my Youtube channel to prepare for Ultimax, and these avatars came out of it. Thought I'd share for anyone to use:

satM93N.png
55jNs2b.png
XGx2aUK.png
5QDU9OS.png
f3Q3a8I.png
r6qTPof.png
vLqc0v2.png
nmkE9GA.png
NZ6foec.png
ERzaret.png
S4mwg40.png
qvL7FpE.png
vp87tBX.png
dQ4U5vS.png
8srVat8.png
ioNtXyv.png
QOa5tGD.png
V0mrRCB.png
bThwwzP.png
bgWqiEG.png
blijyfw.png
IIqgpPY.png
K7xoVTX.png
m3uLEw1.png
fWwF1dI.png
IdKA2jq.png
IblsXa4.png
mU8wyjW.png
vOnDYXq.png
z3JdSPE.png
ugLeq8R.png
OdEkiIZ.png
09z139m.png
XyTmOrd.png
2LDBk1t.png
Vw2ogIg.png
Great job! But I dunno, I still don't like any one of them (excepto for both Teddies). The characters look.....off I think? I don't know how to put it.

Just started P4. About 6 hours in is there any place you guys know of that will help me understand how to fuse persona properly? If you have any general tips for a first time persona player that would be very much welcome!

Try to fuse personas that will compliment the ones used by your party (ie different strengths and weaknesses than you have).

Fuse Black Frost as soon as you can (once you get five-way fusions). I had a Black Frost that I was able to give a move from each element and it also drains fire and ice. It took me quite a bit through the game.

Swedesu

You're probably the only one who said something positive relating to her.

Hey I like her theme fine as well.

Marge is the obvious winner with Sho and Rise as the runner ups.

Don't really dislike any of the themes actually, [Redacted] might be the weakest though.

EDIT* Labrys still has the best one.

Xenoflare

Ha, I got no beef with Marie, but that's probably because I haven't played Golden. Ask me again once I finish Ultimax.

To be honest, most people didn't really have much beef with Marie until the P4G anime (I'm guilty of that)

She's completely fine in P4G, though the game makes no effort in covering the fact that she's an extra character.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening

Sophia

To be honest, most people didn't really have much beef with Marie until the P4G anime (I'm guilty of that)

She's completely fine in P4G, though the game makes no effort in covering the fact that she's an extra character.

Ahahaha. That's what you think. I still remember the glorious conversations where we discussed how much Marie sucked. >_>;

LX_Theo

Banned
For those who haven't played P4G… Marie is very forced. She also is a tsundere, a trope that none of the other characters really fall into, that they probably wanted to fill (listen to Episode 39 of S.Link- they go into this in further detail). Her addition just doesn't feel natural… she doesn't really fit.

idk I'm sorta spouting bullshit forgive me if I offend anyone who likes this character

I will say, as a person who played Golden first, her addition never felt forced. The argument s describing her misuse in the game are generally pretty solid, but she never felt forced to me.

I know some say otherwise who also played Golden first, but I can't help but think it can make a notable difference.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
I will say, as a person who played Golden first, her addition never felt forced. The argument s describing her misuse in the game are generally pretty solid, but she never felt forced to me.

I know some say otherwise who also played Golden first, but I can't help but think it can make a notable difference.

I've played Golden first. it never felt that way to me either. Nobody here like Tsundere's?

Ahahaha. That's what you think. I still remember the glorious conversations where we discussed how much Marie sucked. >_>;

>_>

Mdesilva

I mean, she's not really forced on you a lot, but all the interactions with her just feel forced. It's hard to explain, sorry. Having all your friends be included in her social link sorta just doesn't feel right for one.

Her design tho… her design is pretty nice

I still find it funny that Nanako appears in like one rank of every of your party members' social links (not including Dojima's and Adachi's) and saves the day. lol

Oh, that got me thinking, (P4 spoilers)
what happens if you try to do one of the ranks featuring Nanako when she's in the hospital? Are you not able to continue with the Social Link?

Xenoflare

I must have been out of the loop.

I don't think I joined PGAF until OT5, I lurked around a bit in OT3/4 back when my account is still pending.

I'll speak for myself then, I never hated Marie until P4GA, Atlus is doing too much of this Marie business.

LX_Theo

Banned
I mean, she's not really forced on you a lot, but all the interactions with her just feel forced. It's hard to explain, sorry. Having all your friends be included in her social link sorta just doesn't feel right for one.

Her design tho… her design is pretty nice

See, that never bothered me (like it does with the Golden Animation). She felt like she was just some person who ran into your friends every so often while you were doing stuff. I never got the impression they were trying to force her into the main cast, just introduce her to them. For the later parts of her story arch,
her addition to the group felt more like they were saving any other person who got stuck with complications from the murder case. Afterwards, because of her connection to protagonist and the main plot, she stuck around and the cast never struck me as doing much more than acknowledging she was there to stay.

The complaints about her (I don't mind tsundere archetypes) are ones that never connected with me (bar the P4GA complaints about how they incorporate her into the plot).

Xenoflare

I still find it funny that Nanako appears in like one rank of every of your party members' social links (not including Dojima's and Adachi's) and saves the day. lol

what happens if you try to do one of the ranks featuring Nanako when she's in the hospital? Are you not able to continue with the Social Link?

That's actually a really good question, I'll wait for the answer since I don't have any saves to prove it out cause usually
I max everyone out except Naoto by November.

I still like Marie. Even after P4GA.

P4U2/P4AU OST OFFICIAL TIERLIST APPROVED BY ME

Here's my list. The one I like the most is on the top, the one I like the least is on the bottom . Bear in mind that this is my opinion, and I have weird habits when I listen to new songs... Probably because I tend to analyze them in terms of composition, since that really helps me to improve as a musician.

1) Margaret
2) Minazuki
3) Sho
4) Yukari
5) Junpei
6) Ken
7) Redacted (Tell me I'm not the only one who thinks it sounds way to similar to the main theme)
8) Marie (Chie's theme 2.0)
9) Rise

So you haven't watch the anime?

Also (P4 spoilers)
so now we can talk freely about Adachi? Just when a new P4 player started posting here lol

I only watched episode 6 and 7 for ..........

If P4GA was the only anime of persona 4, then i probably would have an issue with her. However, we still have the original series for other interactions, so its not too bad.

Here's my list.

Ahhhhhhh, not you too. I'll re-listen to the soundtrack in the morning and see if I change my mind.

pan-hime

She just doesn't show up. And some altered lines.

Sophia

I must have been out of the loop.

I don't think I joined PGAF until OT5, I lurked around a bit in OT3/4 back when my account is still pending.

I'll speak for myself then, I never hated Marie until P4GA, Atlus is doing too much of this Marie business.

I still remember saying something along the lines about how awfully Marie was integrated into the storyline and cast. I think if my past self had seen how the Golden anime handled it, she would regret saying it. >_>;

Top Bottom