• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

arue

At the very least, the OP is not by Meguro. Lotus Juice confirmed via Twitter that it was composed by Kitajoh.
Really? I'm surprised that Kitajoh composed that because I really like the main theme but none of his other works in P4A and P4AU.

Does anyone know if Margaret's theme was composed/remixed by Meguro or not?

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
P4GA prediction/P4 true ending spoilers
Marie has green eyes in Ultimax which indicates this is influenced from P4GA. So she's probably going to gain Kaguya as a persona in the anime after the hollow forest arc concludes, and she'll fight Izanami with the rest of the IT

I think this will happen too. ;_;

Dantis

Really? I'm surprised that Kitajoh composed that because I really like the main theme but none of his other works in P4A and P4AU.

Does anyone know if Margaret's theme was composed/remixed by Meguro or not?

Honestly, it's probably just because it's a vocal track, and that's why you like it. It really does make a big difference. The instrumental version is pretty bleh.

Also Margaret's theme sounds nothing like Meguro. That is presumably Kitajoh also.

So, this feels pleasantly nice to say, who's up for Ultimax this evening :p

I think you mean tomorrow.

arue

Honestly, it's probably just because it's a vocal track, and that's why you like it. It really does make a big difference. The instrumental version is pretty bleh.

Also Margaret's theme sounds nothing like Meguro. That is presumably Kitajoh also.
Heh I didn't care about the instrumental version, so you're right about me liking it because it's a vocal track.

Kitajoh would be redeemed if he really made Margaret's theme because that track is on a waay different level from his other works. I think he did a better job on it because it's a remix.

Dantis

Heh I didn't care about the instrumental version, so you're right about me liking it because it's a vocal track.

Kitajoh would be redeemed if he really made Margaret's theme because that track is on a waay different level from his other works. I think he did a better job on it because it's a remix.

Generally Kitajoh's remixes are his best pieces of music. He did the violin remix of I'll Face Myself, if you're familiar with that. He also did a dynamite remix of Maya's Theme for the P2EP Arrange album.

Sophia

Generally Kitajoh's remixes are his best pieces of music. He did the violin remix of I'll Face Myself, if you're familiar with that. He also did a dynamite remix of Maya's Theme for the P2EP Arrange album.

I definitely feel like Kitajoh is really good once he has a basic melody or motif to work with, but he has difficulty actually coming up with one. This is really noticeable with the character themes in Arena. Especially the new characters from Ultimax.

Kazzy

Can someone fill me in on the dub/sub situation for the Japanese release of Ultimax? I may be tempted to venture into Akihabara sometime this week...

Dantis

Can someone fill me in on the dub/sub situation for the Japanese release of Ultimax? I may be tempted to venture into Akihabara sometime this week...

Japanese one only has Japanese text, but also has English voices.

I definitely feel like Kitajoh is really good once he has a basic melody or motif to work with, but he has difficulty actually coming up with one. This is really noticeable with the character themes in Arena. Especially the new characters from Ultimax.

Mhmm. I dislike the new character themes a lot. Margaret's is good, but that's all.

Sophia

Mhmm. I dislike the new character themes a lot. Margaret's is good, but that's all.

From what I've heard I'm fond of Margaret's theme, both Sho themes, the final boss theme, the main theme, and
's theme. I couldn't care much for the others, and Marie's theme is just awful.

A lot of them tend to reuse the same sequence, which makes them sound same-y.

Dantis

Is there English voices in the story portion of the game though, or is it just battle voices?

I'm inclined to think that there's English voices for the story, also?

I hope so, at least.

EDIT: I hadn't heard Marie's theme until now. It is shiiiiiit. It really does sound like a Sonic song.

Keep this man away from Persona 5, please.

Sweeeet!

I just listened to Margaret's theme. While its definitely a good tune, im just not a fan of it. Its yet another remix of the velvetroom song. Even though she is an attendant, It would have been cool if she had something completely original .

biodude

Neo Member
I'm inclined to think that there's English voices for the story, also?

I hope so, at least.

EDIT: I hadn't heard Marie's theme until now. It is shiiiiiit. It really does sound like a Sonic song.

Keep this man away from Persona 5, please.

It sounds similar to Chie's theme in a way, its alright I suppose. What would have been nice is a remix of the hollow forest theme

PK Gaming

God. god. god.

proxy.jpg

So Dantis drew this for the kissing challenge and it's the greatest thing.

From what I've heard I'm fond of Margaret's theme, both Sho themes, the final boss theme, the main theme, and
's theme. I couldn't care much for the others, and Marie's theme is just awful.

A lot of them tend to reuse the same sequence, which makes them sound same-y.
Indeed. Like I've said before, I even found a song he composed for Catherine that sounds like Kanji's theme in Arena.

It's weird, because I think his PQ songs are way better than the ones he composed for Arena.

You mean Chie's theme 2.0, right?

Damn, so much things to keep up...

Amazing art, Dantis! 10/10

Speaking of which, I saw this lovely Mitsuru cosplay on tumblr:
10576910_10154529588165554_549655003463084344_n.png

Source

And that Ultimax cover looks awesome.

Setsu00

I'm a little surprised by all the Soejima art for P4U2. For some reason, I don't remember this many for the first game.

For P4A:
- Yu vs. Aigis
- Elizabeth vs. Teddie
- Yu vs. Labrys (Cover)
- Yu with Izanagi (Arcade ver. key illustration)
- Yu (Artbook cover)

For P4A2:
- Yu vs. Aigis
- Entire cast (Cover) + Shadow ver.
- Yu with Labrys
- Yu with Sho
- Yu with Shadow Yu
- Yu crushing card (LHP promo)
(- most likely an artbook cover)

Those are the ones I can think of without any research, so you're probably right.

Got a link to that?

gNkSC7W.jpg

has this been posted i don't want to go back through twenty pages to see

Dantis

Famitsu definitely drew the short straw. The discrepancy in quality is actually really weird.

I thought the Famitsu one was cool. The Dengeki one is my favourite Soejima image in years.

Top Bottom