• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Xenoflare

I still remember saying something along the lines about how awfully Marie was integrated into the storyline and cast. I think if my past self had seen how the Golden anime handled it, she would regret saying it. >_>;

I actually forgot about her existence when I first played P4G, what I'm saying is that I never even unlocked the Aeon S.link.

One of the reasons I'm mad at Marie is that she's playable (DLC) in Ultimax when she didn't even have a Persona to begin with, and has not businnes in the Arena storyline.
She just doesn't show up. And some altered lines.
Ohh interesting. I'll try to find them sometime.

CorvoSol

I still remember saying something along the lines about how awfully Marie was integrated into the storyline and cast. I think if my past self had seen how the Golden anime handled it, she would regret saying it. >_>;

The truth is that Marie is handled badly, coupled with being a subpar character in a game of great characters. The fact that anime Marie is a demon lord hell-bent upon sucking the life out of Persona 4 doesn't really change that in-game Marie was kinda crummy to begin with.

Now Labrys, there is an upstandin' indaviduah if evah I sahw one.

Xenoflare

Yeah, Labrys is a fantastic addition to the plot. She seems a lot more thought out than Marie.

Labrys is kind of the centerpiece of Arena's story, there is a difference between an actual relevant character and a shoved down girl that no one asked for.

CorvoSol

Yeah, Labrys is a fantastic addition to the plot. She seems a lot more thought out than Marie.

It's sort of sad and impressive that a girl whose character sheet reads "Another robot girl" and "also a tragic past" can come off so well.

But hey, at least Labrys didn't miraculously solve a murder and temporarily dispel evil magical fog with her smile, so I'm cool with it.

gNkSC7W.jpg

has this been posted i don't want to go back through twenty pages to see

gNkSC7W.jpg

I'm always weirded out by the Yu and Labrys pics together (like in the boxart or that P4U2 animation). Like, I know Yu is the protagonist of the series and Labrys is the main feature of Arena, but I don't remember well if Labrys formed a bond with Yu like the other IT members or if both interacted that much in the first place. But eh, that's just me.
"I don't think you're a jerk at all."

"THAT'S NOT TRUE THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"
lmao

CorvoSol

Shadow Marie: My poems are trash. They lack in substance and rigidity. Absolute trash.

Marie: That's not true, my poems... are great! YOU CAN'T BE ME.

Then the entire Investigation Team shows up by pure coincidence to tell Marie about how her poems are the most moving thing in the entire universe and Shadow Marie admits she really was lying because she was jealous of how good her own poetry was, then Philemon explains that Marie's poetry is the third force that breaks the chains of him and Nyarlatothep and they all go to 7-11 for some slurpees.

THE END.

Then the entire Investigation Team shows up by pure coincidence to tell Marie about how her poems are the most moving thing in the entire universe and Shadow Marie admits she really was lying because she was jealous of how good her own poetry was, then Philemon explains that Marie's poetry is the third force that breaks the chains of him and Nyarlatothep and they all go to 7-11 for some slurpees.

THE END.

Fuck it. That's the new Ultimax story.

THE END.

Now I'd like to watch that.

Snowflake

Neo Member

THE END.

tumblr_mgkdqzt5Xb1r9u4pwo1_400.jpg

PK Gaming

THE END.

fuB00uG.jpg

THE END.

ibgcbw7P9gq5t.gif

One of the reasons I'm mad at Marie is that she's playable (DLC) in Ultimax when she didn't even have a Persona to begin with, and has not businnes in the Arena storyline.

P4GA prediction/P4 true ending spoilers
Marie has green eyes in Ultimax which indicates this is influenced from P4GA. So she's probably going to gain Kaguya as a persona in the anime after the hollow forest arc concludes, and she'll fight Izanami with the rest of the IT

For those who haven't played P4G… Marie is very forced. She also is a tsundere, a trope that none of the other characters really fall into, that they probably wanted to fill (listen to Episode 39 of S.Link- they go into this in further detail). Her addition just doesn't feel natural… she doesn't really fit.

idk I'm sorta spouting bullshit forgive me if I offend anyone who likes this character

Marie is as if they took Liz from Persona 3, made her the second most glorified member of SEES outside of the main character, and made her individual subplot of discovering the world more important than anything else.

Mdesilva

Seven hours (not straight) later, and I'm still listening to Margaret's theme. This song really is a masterpiece, and I'd already say it's up there with my very favorite tracks from the series like Battle Hymn of the Soul. Easily the best original song in P4A/U. They really nailed this one. It's the perfect hype song while waiting for the game later today, lol.

Gonna suck not having it in the game until end of September :(

hao chi

Seven hours (not straight) later, and I'm still listening to Margaret's theme. This song really is a masterpiece, and I'd already say it's up there with my very favorite tracks from the series like Battle Hymn of the Soul. Easily the best original song in P4A/U. They really nailed this one. It's the perfect hype song while waiting for the game later today, lol.

You know you're never going to hear it when you're playing with me, right? Level up theme all day e'rry day.

CorvoSol

Is that a harpsichord at the start of her theme?

So you mean if they made her Aigis?

Aigis' existence isn't nearly as overbearing and forced. She's like Teddie. Aigis was the main character for an epilogue yes, but that is different than modifying the main storyline of P4 for legitimacy purposes.

I mention Liz because given what happens in Persona 3 and what we know about her, would it make sense that she would be a part of SEES? Not really. P4G Spoilers
In a similar way, Marie is put into the group even though she has no involvement with the murder mystery plot of 4. It is through those trials why the original IT was brought together in the first place and why Marie feels so tacked on.

Dantis

Shipped out from Amazon Japan. Now waiting on DHL to get it to me in a timely manner.

Have both the concert blu and the live CD coming. I'm very excited for Snowflakes as well - was one of my favorite tracks off P4G, despite the cheesy lyrics lol. It's quite fitting to listen to the song during wintertime though.

Mmm. I haven't ordered it yet, because I'm concerned that the audio will just a be a straight rip of the DVD audio. I really hope they've put some actual effort in.

gNkSC7W.jpg

This is excellent.

Rhapsody

Banned
Margaret's theme is definitely my favorite out of the new themes, but I think most of the new themes are just okay.

I sort of expected more out of them. Margaret's is good, but didn't wow me as just as I'd like it to.

I love the full OP though

Shadow Marie: My poems are trash. They lack in substance and rigidity. Absolute trash.

Marie: That's not true, my poems... are great! YOU CAN'T BE ME.

Does Marie actually like her poems? She acts aggressively embarrassed of them all. I haven't beaten P4G yet, though.

---

So, having started playing the game recently, I was hit with waves of nostalgia. I'm aware that the original game was not even from a decade ago, but I am reminded of how I really love this cast. Yosuke called Chie "Satonaka" near the beginning and I was like "omigosh they still didn't know each other that well AAaaAAaaAaAa".

And seriously, I was preparing for the worst, but so far Marie's poems are hilarious.

Sophia

I really really like the main theme to Ultimax, but the other songs are a hit and a miss. Not sure what's up with the discrepancy in quality.

Top Bottom