• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Setsu00

Famitsu definitely drew the short straw. The discrepancy in quality is actually really weird.

I thought the Famitsu one was cool. The Dengeki one is my favourite Soejima image in years.

Yeah, the Dengeki cover is miles better.

The one Famitsu got wasn't bad at all, but I was expecting something a little more ... sophisticated (if that makes any sense), something like the Dengeki cover.

Edit: However, another factor was that I knew about the Soejima Famitsu cover since late July. I was kinda "hyped" for it.

Edit2: High resolution version of the Famitsu cover.

Dantis

I actually think that the Dengeki cover is a lot better than the actual game cover. It's too serious for Ultimax, but if they'd added a few more characters to it then it would have made for a fucking brilliant cover regardless.

Mdesilva

We got pictures of every Famitsu color. I'd link them all directly, but honestly that's 2muchwork4me. So have my tweets instead.

https://twitter.com/mdesilva_/status/504687674540556288
https://twitter.com/mdesilva_/status/504687888785604608
https://twitter.com/mdesilva_/status/504688348582014976
https://twitter.com/mdesilva_/status/504688723418554368
https://twitter.com/mdesilva_/status/504688985856147458

Source: http://www.famitsu.com/cominy/?m=pc&a=page_fh_diary&target_c_diary_id=85824

Edit: For the questionable ones-
Teddie = NOTHING IN PARTICULAR LOL
Naoto = Apparently Rise in some outfit?
Minazuki = It was Chie.
Rise = It's P4A Fuuka

Dantis

Why is Rise's outfit different in that picture? Isn't that her idol outfit?

No, the colors for that one are done in such a way that it looks like it though.

You are mistaken. It's a completely different sprite.

I assume it's what they use for her instant kill or something, and the Famitsu guy messed up?

Setsu00

Yeah, absolutely! Normal Rise:
Rise-Kujikawa-Persona-4-Arena-battle.png

This Rise:
BwEC9TgCUAA5xHH.jpg:large

Edit: Just found the full version of the Famitsu artwork with Rise, Teddie, Sho and [Redacted].

Mdesilva

You are mistaken. It's a completely different sprite.

I assume it's what they use for her instant kill or something, and the Famitsu guy messed up?
No, I guess ArcSys put in the work and made a totally new sprite this time. That's awesome.

CorvoSol

Yu's shirt just cannot stay buttoned. Talk about 'wardrobe malfunction'

I like to think that the older and more powerful Yu becomes, the less his clothing stays buttoned. Like, in P4 it was just his collar, now his whole shirt, and some day, when he reaches his final, ultimate, super, wonderful form, his pants will unbutton and his shoes untie.

Rise with that single glove look. And a new sprite? Noice.

Still not convinced on Naoto's alt reference. Figured it was a Mitsuru ref, but I can't find a corresponding outfit. Closest I got was Yukari's casual summer wear (pink tank top and blue pants) but the colors aren't exact matches. *shrug*

Zalman

For some reason I can't stand alt colors in P4A. I'm fine with them in other games, but it just seems odd here. I'm glad they're there as options, though.

So I hate DHL... But my stuff was still safe inside, despite what they did to the box...

How does that even happen? Did the delivery guys play air hockey with it or something?

Good thing nothing was damaged. Smart move photographing the package before opening it. That way, you at least have a leg to stand on in case of damage.
Not sure if it would have done much good though. Delivery companies tend to be pretty scummy from what I've heard.

The cover images look really nice btw.

How does that even happen? Did the delivery guys play air hockey with it or something?

Good thing nothing was damaged. Smart move photographing the package before opening it. That way, you at least have a leg to stand on in case of damage.
Not sure if it would have done much good though. Delivery companies tend to be pretty scummy from what I've heard.

The cover images look really nice btw.

I shot an email to Amazon Japan about how shoddy DHL has been to my packages but yeah... I doubt much'll happen. I've tried dealing with DHL's customer service before so I won't even bother with them.

The worst part? The torn end felt damp and it smelled like it was soaking in either seawater or waste water - there's a definite stink to it.

I hate that I'm at the mercy of DHL because Amazon Japan uses them for their global priority... ugh.

Dantis

It'll be super weird if Rise actually has an alternate costume.

So I hate DHL... But my stuff was still safe inside, despite what they did to the box...

photo1_zpsfe9eb864.jpg

photo2_zps34068eab.jpg

Contents:
photo2_zps825782d4.jpg

Oh hey, awesome. You'll have to tell me what the live CD is like. I'm still on the fence with it.

Dantis

Ok, let me see if I get this right: Rise is the only one with a different outfit and, on top of that, it's exclusive to Famitsu? Because that's a new sprite.

I very much doubt that if Rise has an alternate outfit, that it is exclusive to that one colour scheme.

I think the implication is that that is an alternate colour scheme for the existing alternate costume, which is normally pink and white.

I wonder if it's something like that's Rise's original sprite, and then they redid it to be her school uniform instead.

PK Gaming

I like to think that the older and more powerful Yu becomes, the less his clothing stays buttoned. Like, in P4 it was just his collar, now his whole shirt, and some day, when he reaches his final, ultimate, super, wonderful form, his pants will unbutton and his shoes untie.

Bpe-eHgIYAAsryG.png:large

Squire

Banned
Ok, let me see if I get this right: Rise is the only one with a different outfit and, on top of that, it's exclusive to Famitsu? Because that's a new sprite.

I very much doubt that if Rise has an alternate outfit, that it is exclusive to that one colour scheme.

I think the implication is that that is an alternate colour scheme for the existing alternate costume, which is normally pink and white.

I wonder if it's something like that's Rise's original sprite, and then they redid it to be her school uniform instead.

We're getting the Famitsu stuff. Flux already noticed some of those alts on that last Atlus stream.

Yeah, I think so too. Still, I find it weird that the first look we have at this costume is through that Famitsu color.

That was a mistake/bug, which is common in unfinished builds. We won't be getting those, which Hardin said Yu Namba pretty much stated.

Yup, and that's part of the reason why I find this weird. They made an alternate costume that we may not get? I'd like to know know if the only thing exclusive to Famitsu is the color... Maybe it's some costume DLC like the one Noel has in BBCP? Though I think you can unlock that one in the game without paying, if I'm not mistaken.

Speaking of unlocking content, the glasses are still DLC? Or you can unlock them with P$?

Meia

Well, that and the fact that the PSN pre-order comes with all extra colors for every character in the game.

I am really getting irritated at this practice...

Hate when companies do retail exclusive DLC, now we have to worry about HOW to get the games too?

Top Bottom