• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

How does that actually work?

Unfortunately I haven't seen enough to tell how you can change the weather, but it appears Snow let's her recover SP similar to Elizabeth's SP generation, while Rain allows her to gradually recover health. Depending on how you can change the weather it could be an interesting thing to use. I'm unfortunately just going by her JP and US trailers on that ground, if any other footage came out at some point showing how she can change the weather I haven't seen it yet.

We're hours away from Ultimax.....hopefully anyway.

QUESTION? Who are you going to main. Top 3 choices

For me

1)
Adachi
(even though i doubt i could can get him with the digital version)
2) Yukari
3) Junpei

Might also try out PerSHOna.

PK Gaming

Unfortunately I haven't seen enough to tell how you can change the weather, but it appears Snow let's her recover SP similar to Elizabeth's SP generation, while Rain allows her to gradually recover health. Depending on how you can change the weather it could be an interesting thing to use. I'm unfortunately just going by her JP and US trailers on that ground, if any other footage came out at some point showing how she can change the weather I haven't seen it yet.

It seems like the weather randomly changes per round

That seems like it could be a dealbreaker

FluxWaveZ

It seems like the weather randomly changes per round

That seems like it could be a dealbreaker

I don't think it would be random. In that video, it might be random based on Training Mode, but it might also be a sign that sun is the default, going to cloudy, rain and then snow.

For me

1)
Adachi
2) Yukari
3) Junpei

1) DA MAN (Was there ever any doubt?)
2) MARRRRRRRRRRRRRie (Because pirates are in this year)
3) The PUNisher (Dual swords is my favourite fighting style ever, and I'm very partial to wordplay)

PK Gaming

For me

1)
Adachi
2) Yukari
3) Junpei

1) Yu. The character I mained in the past. The character I will main in Ultimax. The character I will main in the future.

2) Margaret. Stylish and Beautiful. Margaret's "selection" of Personas makes her my absolute favorite newcomer. I super duper ultra regret EVER questioning inclusion; I bought into the idea that a proper moveset would be *too difficult* to implement, but Margaret is living proof that anything is possible, baby.

3) Sho Time (Minazuki). Definitely the character I was most interested in trying after Large Marge. His moveset is seriously cool.

http://youtu.be/SV9CC9mAOx8

From yesterday's Atlus launch stream. She was also played during today's ASW developer tournament stream.

Ok, Marie looks fun, but Margaret? She looks amazing.

For me

1)
Adachi
2) Yukari
3) Junpei

I'm not sure yet. I really want to try all the new characters, especially Minazuki, Rise and the DLC characters. And, of course, Shadow Naoto.

QUESTION Who are you going to main. Top 3 choices
WHY WOULD YOU ASK THIS QUESTION. :(

Ever since Ultimax was announced, I was planning to main Yukari (best P3 character) because I already mained Yosuke in P4A (best P4 character), and that was, like the best plan ever. BUT then they announced freakin' awesome [Redacted] (second best P4 character) and now Yosuke is freakin' top tier! I'll surely play as those three, but I can't choose which one to main main.

Also I was looking forward Koro, but too bad they paired him up with Ken and his annoying voice.
P4GA prediction/P4 true ending spoilers
Marie has green eyes in Ultimax which indicates this is influenced from P4GA. So she's probably going to gain Kaguya as a persona in the anime after the hollow forest arc concludes, and she'll fight Izanami with the rest of the IT
Man, I can already see this happening.
So you mean if they made her Aigis?
Hahaha soooo true.
Yu's shirt just cannot stay buttoned. Talk about 'wardrobe malfunction'
I like to think that the older and more powerful Yu becomes, the less his clothing stays buttoned. Like, in P4 it was just his collar, now his whole shirt, and some day, when he reaches his final, ultimate, super, wonderful form, his pants will unbutton and his shoes untie.
Damn.

Marie sucks and I HOPE YOU'RE READY for Persona 5 in 4 DAYS.
Man, I've given up hope for anything involving Persona 5 at TGS. I doubt Sony would show it (I doubt Sony would show anything substantial but I grown too cynical towards the Japanese games industry).

EDIT: Meant to quote Wmlk:
Marie sucks and I HOPE YOU'RE READY for Persona 5 in 4 DAYS.

The September 1 event certainly seems like an ideal opportunity to show off P5, but I can't help but be skeptical. I really hope it shows up, but somehow I don't see it happening. I hope I'm wrong.

Either way, even if they decide not to show it there, they'll have to reveal it sooner rather than later. That release window is fast approaching after all.

Squire

Banned
Sony's last few Japanese conferences have featured lots of stuff from Marvelous AQL and other games on that level. That's just the support they're getting. So P5 is the right size. Onus is on Atlus.

Personally, I can still wait for some P5 info. Ultimax is all I need for now.

That being said, the other day I started playing Catherine again. The first time I played it was a year before playing my first Persona game (P4G). In fact, I bought P4G because I loved Catherine. Now that I've played P3 and P4, going back to Catherine is a different experience for me. Now I know who Hashino is. I know who Soejima is. And I know who Meguro is. I know what they're capable of, and by playing Catherine, I can already imagine what they could do with Persona on a PS3. I'm even more excited for P5 now, but still, I don't really need info so badly, I can wait.

The September 1 event certainly seems like an ideal opportunity to show off P5, but I can't help but be skeptical. I really hope it shows up, but somehow I don't see it happening. I hope I'm wrong.

Either way, even if they decide not to show it there, they'll have to reveal it sooner rather than later. That release window is fast approaching after all.

Yeah, remember the last time we thought we'd get P5 info?

BwFdh_JCYAE4AQn.png

Remember, everyone. SEGA is the one who distributes, markets, and promotes ATLUS titles in Japan. Meaning if SEGA is at Tokyo Game Show 2014, that means they will show ATLUS trailers, too, if ATLUS tells them to.

Since 2012, ATLUS has shown their games at the SEGA Booth. So, if SEGA is at this pre-TGS conference, then there's a chance we'll see Persona 5.

For me

1)
Adachi
2) Yukari
3) Junpei

I'd like to play as much as I can with the new additions! I guess my list would look a little something like this...

1)
Margaret
2)
Adachi
3)
Marie
4) Yukari
5) Chie

Sorry, I don't post here enough to know the difference between which characters' names should and shouldn't be REDACTED! :-D

How about this: Persona 5 won't be unveiled at the SCEJ conference and, by extension, TGS.

*dies*

How about this: Persona 5 won't be unveiled at the SCEJ conference and, by extension, TGS.

That may be true, but remember. SEGA is at TGS, and if SEGA is, that does leave a chance for Persona 5 to be there. I'd say stay tuned to extra.atlusnet.jp, as they revealed SMT4 appearing at TGS in the SEGA Booth a week before TGS began.

FluxWaveZ

Yup, I can see this happening. Especially considering those things you posted once about that "Winter 2014" release window.

Sure, though even with Catherine releasing the following February, we got an actual trailer in late August after the announcement. With March 2015 as the theoretical max. release date for P5, they'd have about <6 months from now to promote the game. It could totally be at the conference considering that, but we're still at the point where it's "maybe."

FluxWaveZ

WHY DOES THE ULTIMAX SPOILERS THREAD ALWAYS POPS OUT IN THE GAMING SECTION

WHY

That thread's blown up. Became a 6+ page thread within 24 hours, so that's pretty crazy. Guess it must be a testament to how many people don't care about seeing spoilers of the game and also whatever crazy ish happens in it. You could just give in to the temptation, heh.

wmlk

How many trailers did P4 have until its release?
If Atlus wants to do the whole 20-minute trailer blowout thing then I don't think a TGS showing is a good idea. Probably Dengeki Playstation or whatever magazine issue coming out soon would be a better idea.

FluxWaveZ

How many trailers did P4 have until its release?
If Atlus wants to do the whole 20-minute trailer blowout thing then I don't think a TGS showing is a good idea. Probably Dengeki Playstation or whatever magazine issue coming out soon would be a better idea.

Persona was in a very different place six years ago. Both situations are not comparable.

Mdesilva

Looking back… P4U2's marketing campaign was so phenomal. Each week they gave us something to be excited about until the game's release, and more.

That thread's blown up. Became a 6+ page thread within 24 hours, so that's pretty crazy. Guess it must be a testament to how many people don't care about seeing spoilers of the game and also whatever crazy ish happens in it. You could just give in to the temptation, heh.
;_;
Looking back… P4U2's marketing campaign was so phenomal. Each week they gave us something to be excited about until the game's release, and more.
They did the same with PQ too.

wmlk

Persona was in a very different place six years ago. Both situations are not comparable.

Yeah, everybody knows that. I just feel like a full on blitz of information is great when the hype is so palpable. They're clearly waiting for a period where there will only be a few months until release.

Just put it up on YouTube with a website update.

FluxWaveZ

Less time that they did it over iirc, and it wasn't nearly as exciting imo.

Nah, PQ had the same amount of time given for weekly updates&#8212;maybe even a bit more&#8212;compared to P4AU. I will agree that P4AU's was more exciting. That might be either because of personal preference or because there was just more for them to work with with P4AU.

I've clicked on it accidentally a couple of times. Luckily I didn't see anything.
I must say, I did the same too (the first time intentional, the second one accidental). The first one was a pic buddha posted but I only saw it for a few seconds didn't understood it so I don't care, and the second one was just a pic of Teddie so nothing spoiler-y so far.
I can see why P4U2's was more exciting, since you can actually import and play all those new modes and stuff without knowing Japanese, and even then for those who wanted to get spoiled to see what's up with the game's story which is more to be concerned of than PQ's.

But still, #PQGOTY
PUnlike PQ, Ultimax has the fortune of being in the HYPE genre.
Speak for yourself. PQ is probably my most hyped game ever. ATLUS USA needs to release those english trailers soon.

Personally, it's harder for me to get too excited over RPG mechanics and that sorta thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally down for some PQ, but I agree that the Ultimax build up was more exciting.

Unlike PQ, Ultimax has the fortune of being in the HYPE genre.

Top Bottom