• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Yo man Mitsuru/Yukari are probably the most good looking females of the Persona series. More so than the female cast of Persona 4. As for male cast Makoto and Akihiko are extraordinary stylish and good looking.

kirijo_mitsuru_persona_3_persona_series_takeba_yukari_simple_background_wallpaper-8914.jpg

Persona_3_Protagonist_4.jpg

I know it's a matter of opinion, but I just can't comprehend this.

This man speaks the truth. P3 cast have so much more style than the P4 crew.

Hey we may get senpai's in our crew in this one.

The more I look at this image the more the middle screen bothers me, the background colour is similar to the cut ins on the side and there is room for five separate cut ins on the side (though I believe we only see four) and there is five different characters on that middle screen so I'm under the impression it's the same image.

It's hard to really confirm this as the image in the middle is far to blurry to compare the cut ins and try to match them up on top of that I can't find a character on the screen who matches glasses kun which would throw the idea that there only 5 party members out the window. I was ready to just write it off as a generic advert but the more I look at it the more the characters stand out as having more detail than the people on the street and the idol advert.

And now the point I'm at is that those characters may very well have some importance, the main things stopping me from thinking that they might be party members is that they look similar to each other in terms of design whereas I feel like the last two games each character has had their own distinct style and on top of this they don't really look like high school students. So I guess what I'm saying is I may have gone insane.

Why are people assuming there are five party members?

Because there are five chairs?

I can't help but feel that there might be five chairs because the number five may have some sort of symbolical purpose to the game, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

Jachaos

I can't help but feel that the number five may have some sort of symbolical purpose to the game, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

5 persons, 5 chairs, 5 phones - Persona 5. 2015. Play the quinary game.

The more I look at this image the more the middle screen bothers me, the background colour is similar to the cut ins on the side and there is room for five separate cut ins on the side (though I believe we only see four) and there is five different characters on that middle screen so I'm under the impression it's the same image.

It's hard to really confirm this as the image in the middle is far to blurry to compare the cut ins and try to match them up on top of that I can't find a character on the screen who matches glasses kun which would throw the idea that there only 5 party members out the window. I was ready to just write it off as a generic advert but the more I look at it the more the characters stand out as having more detail than the people on the street and the idol advert.

And now the point I'm at is that those characters may very well have some importance, the main things stopping me from thinking that they might be party members is that they look similar to each other in terms of design whereas I feel like the last two games each character has had their own distinct style and on top of this they don't really look like high school students. So I guess what I'm saying is I may have gone insane.

Someone else posted an image that shows the first few frames of that part have the same cut-ins for the middle screen.

Edit: Here it is. Look at the middle screen.

BweZJN0CUAAWG4B.jpg:large

Middle cut-in mentioned earlier. Sorry if old.

Nap1400

I don't think there will be only 5 party members, but I think they'll make up the core of the group. sort of like how MC, Junpei, and Yukari made a core group in Persona 3 and MC, Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko made a core group in Persona 4.

Huh. 3 members, 4 members, 5 members.

Trigger

I don't see P5 having such a small amount of party members. I wouldn't be upset if it did though. I'd have more reason to use everyone in combat if it did.

I can't help but feel that there might be five chairs because the number five may have some sort of symbolical purpose to the game, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

I think the idea came from the fact that after this trailer one of the chairs on the P5 website had it's shackles break so some people think that each chair represents a character.

Jachaos

I don't think there will be only 5 party members, but I think they'll make up the core of the group. sort of like how MC, Junpei, and Yukari made a core group in Persona 3 and MC, Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko made a core group in Persona 4.

Huh. 3 members, 4 members, 5 members.

Hm, I get what you mean, but I feel like P3 didn't have a defined core in that way. Or maybe it's because I've played P4A's story mode recently and see Mitsuru, Aigis and Akihiko as just as important as, say, Junpei, if not more.

I just hope the American release is still 2015 after this delay. I'm going to backtrack on my original position and say that the PS4 port was likely because of the delay, instead of what originated it.
Still waiting on the worst-cook-ever Priestess character, headband character, non-human character.
Don't forget about the Magician who loses their love interest.

Truly is the Final Fantasy XV of Persona.

So far from this thread it's only been Dantis and mine I believe. I would love to see other's posting their take on Glasses-kun. PGAF is full of talented folks.

wmlk

I don't see it either. His character designs are getting better but I wouldn't say the newer ones are more 'attractive'.

Thank you. He's definitely gotten better but I don't always see it as more 'attractive'. Maybe he's better at making attractive characters look attractive, but I don't think everyone's just beautiful now.

FluxWaveZ

I was told that they are using old lines from when he was alive.
But you own the game so you could actually confirm that for me

Whoever told you that was mostly wrong. Minor spoiler:

Igor is in the story, with new lines and both a new English and Japanese voice actor.

I wonder if P5 female cast can be as great or even surpass Mitsuru's and Yukari's character design. That's unless the cast is an all boys group like Final Fantasy 15, which would be so hilarious.

Yeah, it became pretty obvious that it was going to be 2015 a while back. If Persona 5's actually been delayed, I do hope it's not something like late Q3/Q4 2015, which could potentially mean we'd have to wait until 2016 to get it.

I don't think Persona 4 Dancing's delayed. Still think it's going to launch this fall, so before December.

well siliconera specifically stated that p5 is coming out 2015, not "early 2015". if it was still within the "winter 2014" time frame, then wouldnt they have saod "early 2015"?

so the game HAS been delayed. i know u compared this to catherine, u know, the whole "winter 2010" thing and then tgs then BOOM release date "2011" then "feb 2011"

hope this doesnt become a smtiv and p5 gets delayed to june 2015

i dont think p5protag has a shy or reserved personality, sure hes got that more elegancemanly look than swagyu but im pretty sure the personality is shaped by the player. he can be as manly as u want in your own game

Whoever told you that was mostly wrong. Minor spoiler:

Igor is in the story, with new lines and both a new English and Japanese voice actor.

Well then he can still definitely be the Velvet Room host. Personally I'd like to see him in there still. Inside an app or something LOL.

Top Bottom