• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

arue

AHAHAH did not see this one sorry! ALRIGHT, 3 so far. Come on PGAF we need more Megane love up in here
Pan, Setsu, and I posted ours some time ago:

I'll join the fun, okay?
tumblr_nb81rbDCq31ry8an7o1_1280.png

5 minutes (aka lazy)
MGYFZWt.png

Just a quick sketch of Glasses-kun~
tumblr_nb87g4Ko311tpb3euo1_r2_1280.jpg

FluxWaveZ

well siliconera specifically stated that p5 is coming out 2015, not "early 2015". if it was still within the "winter 2014" time frame, then wouldnt they have saod "early 2015"?

so the game HAS been delayed. i know u compared this to catherine, u know, the whole "winter 2010" thing and then tgs then BOOM release date "2011" then "feb 2011"

It's not the same situation as Catherine anymore because there has not been a precise date given after the initial reveal, but "2015" doesn't omit "early 2015", which is why I was wondering.

And it's weird that you cite Siliconera specifically. The news came from the new trailer and the SCEJA conference; no need for a third-party as the definitive source.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Did a quick drawing of P5 Mc in PQ style. Might colour it up and sort the proportions out in the next few days, see if I can get something avatar quality out of it.

2w8UwaX.jpg

It's not the same situation as Catherine anymore because there has not been a precise date given after the initial reveal, but "2015" doesn't omit "early 2015", which is why I was wondering.

Same here... Hopefully, it's still released within that early 2015 window, but I'll just be happy to play it - whenever that may be.

And it's weird that you cite Siliconera specifically. The news came from the new trailer and the SCEJA conference; no need for a third-party as the definitive source.

So basically, it really is safe to assume that p5 has been delayed right? i remember you or someone else mentioning that atlus games gets released in japan 6 months after the first trailer with game content

so sep revealed p5protag, if this counts as a content reveal, then march is still within 6 months. any delay is NOT GOOD

but this delay not only adds ps4, with sweet remote play, but also means DeSu2BR has a chance of coming out soon, I really hope so. "2014" is nearly ending. i cannot imagine the blog updating with "2015" as well

Same here... Hopefully, it's still release within that early 2015 window, but I'll just be happy to play it - whenever that may be.

im not sure exactly what happened for catherine. flux was saying catherine's first noncontent teaser showed winter 2010

then if i understand him correctly, the next tease, a content teaser during tgs, said feb 2011 specifically? or just said 2011?

FluxWaveZ

I bet the game got delayed for a simultaneous worldwide release

pls

That'd be amazing. It feels that the game being on the PS4 is more an act for the western market than the Japanese one, so maybe it's kind of a sign that they acknowledge it more? Probably not going to happen, but it'd be great.

So basically, it really is safe to assume that p5 has been delayed right? i remember you or someone else mentioning that atlus games gets released in japan 6 months after the first trailer with game content

so sep revealed p5protag, if this counts as a content reveal, then march is still within 6 months. any delay is NOT GOOD

but this delay not only adds ps4, with sweet remote play, but also means DeSu2BR has a chance of coming out soon, I really hope so. "2014" is nearly ending. i cannot imagine the blog updating with "2015" as well
Not really the same situation, either. Those games' "content reveal" came with full media coverage showing screenshots with details regarding plot, gameplay system, and characters.

What we have now for Persona 5 is merely an animated teaser.

Mohasus

Guys, I've never played P4G and probably never will (I won't buy a vita, don't know anyone with one IRL).

I think I'll watch P4G the animation though, is it good? Will I miss much by not playing the game and just watching this?

Tamanon

Banned
Guys, I've never played P4G and probably never will (I won't buy a vita, don't know anyone with one IRL).

I think I'll watch P4G the animation though, is it good? Will I miss much by not playing the game and just watching this?

It's only going to make any sense if you've at least played the original Persona 4 or watched the original animation. P4G Anime skips around a ton and only focuses on new events.

Sophia

The Persona 4 Golden Animation is what happens when your animation team says "Fuck it. We're getting screwed over. Might as well have some fun with it."

It is not in any way an accurate replacement for playing Persona 4 Golden itself. It is however, a fantastic way to torture yourself. As most of the episodes are awful. :p

wmlk

That's about the worst decision you can make, and I'm entirely serious about this.
Play the original Persona 4 or something. Just find a way to play the game.

Whatever you do, don't do this. I love P4GA, but you should only watch this after playing the game itself.

Even considering that you played the vanilla P4, I think you would be better served not touching the anime. Most of it is awful and not nearly enough as the game's replacement.

If you care about the additional plot, I suggest to just seek them on YouTube.

CorvoSol

Seriously, though, guys, Purse Owner x TWEWY would probably make me cry happy tears.

In the mean time, I know I'm not the only one sad we still have no new Dancin' stuff.

PepperedHam

Thinking about buying the Persona games available on the PS3 PSN.

I don't plan on buying a Vita but I can never predict my future haha so at some point I may find myself owning Golden. What I want to ask is whether or not it's worth playing Persona 4 vanilla with Golden out? Am I missing out on too much?

Thinking about buying the Persona games available on the PS3 PSN.

I don't plan on buying a Vita but I can never predict my future haha so at some point I may find myself owning Golden. What I want to ask is whether or not it's worth playing Persona 4 vanilla with Golden out? Am I missing out on too much?

There's always Vita TV

Whoever told you that was mostly wrong. Minor spoiler:

Igor is in the story, with new lines and both a new English and Japanese voice actor.

Wait really? That makes me mad because I wanted chibi Igor in PQ.
I just got approved a week or so ago. Glad to finally join the crew after a whole lot of lurking.
I first posted here a couple weeks ago and have been lurking ever since. The shining light that is Glasses-kun brought me back.
Haha, that brings back a lot of memories. Welcome!

Top Bottom