• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Xenoflare

He only does that in his Social Link because that's what his Shadow was also about, and also sometimes while confronting the culprit.

I'm pretty sure it's mostly his homophobia which annoys people.

That's just how teens would react to issues regarding sexuality, especially in the east it's easier to make fun of them without any repercussions.

Or Yosuke is secretly in the closet too I dunno

Xenoflare

Are you guys expecting a mascot character like Teddie or Koromaru/Aigis in the game?

I think this would pretty much be a given at this point, personally I would like something like a dog or a cat, or even maybe a talking Jack Frost. I mean, P1/2 had demons roaming around the world. The trailer almost made me thought of it.

That's just how teens would react to issues regarding sexuality, especially in the east it's easier to make fun of them without any repercussions.

Or Yosuke is secretly in the closet too I dunno
I agree. I think it bring realism to his character. I really enjoy those Kanji-Yosuke interactions. But he's the only who acts like that around him, so people still hate Yosuke for that.

And yeah, if anything, Yosuke is way more gay than Kanji, haha. :p
or even maybe a talking Jack Frost.
A somehow independent Persona or something
HOLY CRAP NOW I WANT THIS

swag, swagtagonist, broswagtagnonist, SWAG

5%28152%29.png

If I see those words again I think i'm gonna lose it. SERIOUSLY GONNA LOSE iT

nothing is stopping p5protag from being a bigger swatagonist, another silent protag for fans to shape as they please

Xenoflare

I agree. I think it bring realism to his character. I really enjoy those Kanji-Yosuke interactions. But he's the only who acts like that around him, so people still hate Yosuke for that.

And yeah, if anything, Yosuke is way more gay than Kanji, haha. :p

HOLY CRAP NOW I WANT THIS

I do recall in one of the PQ trailers that Yosuke
drops onto Kanji's face

Yosuke is also the
second most popular character after Yu in one of the rankings, OTP LOL

Yeah, I would love a talking Jack Frost, I really miss that little fella. Hee-Ho!

Xenoflare

It's realistic, but he's still an asshole.

I found his character to be the most realistic out of the bunch, and I find him to be one of the most relatable characters, (for guys anyways)

The camping scene itself can get stuffed, the entire trip was lame and not funny.

Mdesilva

Guys, apparently there are people who think Yukari is "a bitch" throughout Persona 3. PLEASE tell me you guys don't agree with that D:

(And if you do think this… I'd actually be really interested in hearing your argument.)

To be fair, everyone in the group cept for maybe Naoto is an asshole to other members. :p
I do recall in one of the PQ trailers that Yosuke
drops onto Kanji's face

Yosuke is also the
second most popular character after Yu in one of the rankings, OTP LOL

Yeah, I would love a talking Jack Frost, I really miss that little fella. Hee-Ho!
Oh yeah lmao I now wanna find the gif about it.

Japanese people are automatically superior than us.

Pls Atlus, DO IT.
Guys, apparently there are people who think Yukari is "a bitch" throughout Persona 3. PLEASE tell me you guys don't agree with that D:

(And if you do think this… I'd actually be really interested in hearing your argument.)
It's really annoying watching those comments in YouTube. :/ Don't worry highschool Yukari buddy, PersonaGAF has good taste so no one would agree with those.

Eh, Yosuke is a very introspective fellow. If somebody actually had a serious talk with him and told him to stop, he'd most likely stop. It's just that the culture in general doesn't lend to such a thing to happen.

Edit:
That buying-swimsuit thing is just too creepy and I was rather disappointed the girls didn't just shut him down.

Xenoflare

An acquaintance I know IRL calls her a moody bitch, because he thinks that she willingly joined SEES and yet trash talks Mitsuru, said person is a Mitsuru fanboy so take what you will.

Personally I like Yukari.

Ahahaha this hipster doesn't have Yukari :) She'll always have Makoto in her heart as her first and last love.

Lucky enough, there was no Yuka-tan sprite on P4A. lol

You have to max his stats first

True, that's the spirit.

swag, swagtagonist, broswagtagnonist, SWAG

5%28152%29.png

If I see those words again I think i'm gonna lose it. SERIOUSLY GONNA LOSE iT

I like to repeat it for myself everyday. It sounds beautiful. lol

JNA

Banned
…ehh? Only one that stands out is how Chie's mean to Yosuke, and even then it's in a playful way.

Yeah I don't remember my Waif-I MEAN Yukiko being mean to any of the members. Even her shadow form loved Chie.

probably even more...in a sexual way...

PK Gaming

Dude, people have been saying awful things about Yukari from day 1. Just gotta learn to take it in stride; the world still turns.

For what it's worth, i'm sure most of the people in this thread like her.

An entire country hates my favourite character. Some things just can't be understood or explained.

I think the reason is because she treats Mitsuru badly throughout the first part of the game talking on her back. I like her, but the part when she says to Makoto that would be better if Takeharu was dead instead of her dad was kinda harsh. But everything turned out okay since they become great friends.People tend to hate characters due to fanatism. There are people who hates Makoto because they prefer Yu, there are people who hate Yu because they prefer Makoto, etc. Don't stress about it.

I like her, but the part when she says to Makoto that would be better if Takeharu was dead instead of her dad was kinda harsh.
But after that she admits being a horrible person, besides the fact that she was emotionally unstable,
Teddie's clothes
I would counter that by talking about the Miss Yasogami contest or the camp trip or how he broke her DVD, but he got hit by karma in all of those (and suffered way more) and even eventually bought a new DVD.

Mdesilva

Dude, people have been saying awful things about Yukari from day 1. Just gotta learn to take it in stride; the world still turns.

For what it's worth, i'm sure most of the people in this thread like her.
I didn't ever play through Persona 3 until this January :V

Didn't know where else to ask, so I am asking here...Persona 4 Golden related

About to get to the festival (20th of August) scene in the game. Am I halfway through the game already or is there a lot left?

Pretty excited to see where the game goes from here.

I would counter that by talking about the Miss Yasogami contest or the camp trip or how he broke her DVD, but he got hit by karma in all of those (and suffered way more) and even eventually bought a new DVD.

Chie blew the former WAY out of proportion when she got the other guys involved out of spite. The latter was an accident. That's no excuse to put someone in debt.

Man, my OTP has serious issues...

Didn't know where else to ask, so I am asking here...Persona 4 Golden related

About to get to the festival (20th of August) scene in the game. Am I halfway through the game already or is there a lot left?

Pretty excited to see where the game goes from here.
I'd say both.
Chie blew the former WAY out of proportion when she got the other guys involved out of spite. The latter was an accident. That's no excuse to put someone in debt.

Man, my OTP has serious issues...
Wasn't it said that Rise was the one behind it? And she just did it for fun? And yeah, I know, I was just saying those arguments before any Yosuke hater appeared.

What a great day to get activated :)

I just have got to say that I love the new protag design like many others on the site, but after seeing his design, will we see more "practical" character designs similar to the new protag or do we expect to see P4-esque designs again. Either way the atmosphere of this trailer seems great and I can not wait to see a full party and OST reveal. All aboard the hype train. In Atlus we trust.

I just have got to say that I love the new protag design like many others on the site, but after seeing his design, will we see more "practical" character designs similar to the new protag or do we expect to see P4-esque designs again. Either way the atmosphere of this trailer seems great and I can not wait to see a full party and OST reveal. All aboard the hype train. In Atlus we trust.

Woah lots of new folks getting activated and coming here today! Welcome!

Did you just come here to bark at us?

CorvoSol

I thought she was pretty bitchy for much of the early parts of the game, but that's because Yukari's Social Link doesn't even get to start until late in the game, so her nagging Junpei (who was getting oodles of sympathy points for his SLink) and her constant sort of seeking to undermine or try to turn people against Mitsuru made her look like a really bad person to be around. She was always "HEY ITS U AND ME. MITSURU A BITCH. STUPEI STUPEI STUPEI."

However, Persona 3 is kind of a back-loaded game, and as time went on her SLinks kicked in, that scene on the beach happened, and eventually she had some actual development between her and Mitsuru and those things really turned her around in my eyes. It'd be unfair to say she was a bitch for the entire game, but I can absolutely understand why people would have a negative first impression of Yukari.

Compare her to her predecessor and successor in Lisa and Chie, and Yukari's negatives sort of get accentuated early on. Like, the worst you can lay at Lisa's feet early on is that she's clingy, and Chie's negatives are dealt with fairly early on. So Yukari kinda gets stiffed in that way, I think.

Now she's Pink Ranger Ms. Toriumi, though, so who knows.

Awesome avatar. Welcome!
I don't think Rise had anything to do with it.
Re-watched the scene. Chie says: "Rise-chan started saying, "Let's all have fun with this!" so I didn't really have a choice."

PK Gaming

Re: Chie & Yosuke

In spite of their um, history together, it's worth considering that they refer to each other without honorifics, which implies some degree of intimacy (ie: not romantic). There's definitely some bickering, but I don't think either side outright dislikes the other.

Frolow

Banned
Newcomer here: What's the best way to get into the series?

People seem pretty down about the first two games and recommend starting with 3 or 4, at least from what I've seen. And I was considering starting up 4, but I don't own a Vita yet so that'll have to wait. Not to mention I already know the big twist so I'm a bit hesitant. So how's 3 as a starting point? I know there's a few versions of the game so I wouldn't know which one's the best.

CorvoSol

People seem pretty down about the first two games and recommend starting with 3 or 4, at least from what I've seen. And I was considering starting up 4, but I don't own a Vita yet so that'll have to wait. Not to mention I already know the big twist so I'm a bit hesitant. So how's 3 as a starting point? I know there's a few versions of the game so I wouldn't know which one's the best.

3 and 4 are a good way to get started because 1 and 2 are a little dated in the gameplay department. I personally like P3P, but P3FES is better graphically. The problem with P3 is it sorta doesn't have a definitive version.

After you've checked out 3 and 4, though, you should definitely check out at least P1.

You should begin with P3, since P4 is better in all aspects, so the transition of P3 to P4 will go smoothly and you will enjoy it more that way. And there's a certain P3 reference in P4 that will bring you a smile to your face.

Meia

Re: Chie & Yosuke

In spite of their um, history together, it's worth considering that they refer to each other without honorifics, which implies some degree of intimacy (ie: not romantic). There's definitely some bickering, but I don't think either side outright dislikes the other.

Also worth noting that he calls her in the middle of night to tell her dirty jokes apparently, so they're definitely friends.

Top Bottom