• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Squire

Banned
Can we talk about Marie's "Burst" pose

7F4RDt4.png

So damn stylish!

I honestly didn't expect this from Marie

If she has any real traits, style is one of them or at least Atlus would have you think so.

abrack08

I also have two extra PS4 Beta codes, none of my IRL friends have a PS4, so if someone here wants one, PM me.

EDIT: One code left. Should probably add, these are PS4 and North America (or Americas?) only

Xenoflare

Please comment on how bad her poems are in Marie's tagline

Poet of the Hollow Forest doesn't cut it :p

I just don't like Marie

Part of me wants them to keep it as Tsundere just to hear how Patrick Seitz says it. Although I think it'll probably be "The hollow forest's irritable poet".

Also yes, that burst pose is epic.

Actually, I was expecting Marie to be that good since she always looked good to me in terms of design. And her backstory and abilities are something that could be very well adapted in a fighting game.

The one who surprised me most was Rise, since she wasn't a fighting Persona user. But I really love the way she plays at least in the videos. She seems really fun to use.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm playing around with this, and I have no idea what's going on. What's the difference between a clanmate and a member? What are followers and how am I following 10 people already?

I believe your following number is just the number of PSN friends that are registered with Bungie.

Actually, I was expecting Marie to be that good since she always looked good to me in terms of design. And her backstory and abilities are something that could be very well adapted in a fighting game.

The one who surprised me most was Rise, since she wasn't a fighting Persona user. But I really love the way she plays at least in the videos. She seems really fun to use.

I think I remember people using Rise at AX with the build, she does look fun to use but I didn't really stick around to watch as I was feeling claustrophobic in the Atlus booth.

I did pick these up while at the booth though:

Levito

Banned
For the PersonaGAF Destiny clan: Please post in here or let us know on twitter who you are when you request to join.

Made the clan motto "Let's positive thinking!" just for buddha.

I instinctively wrote "tsun-dé-ré" but then I edited it since I remembered that not everyone here would read it the way I meant it, I was thinking of it in my own language with our accent lol.
EDIT: Added ^
Where are you from? I always have trouble trying to explain how to pronounce stuff, Italian and English sound completely different.

Where are you from? I always have trouble trying to explain how to pronounce stuff, Italian and English sound completely different.

You are Italian? We could say that we are neighbors, and our languages are pretty similar, I'm Portuguese! Even though I've moved to Canada 6 years ago, and English is already hard-coded into my brain in my own head A, E, I, O, U, will always be (for those who have an English pronunciation): Ah, Eh, E, Oh, Oo, and as such each of these can have accents: Á, É, Í, Ó, Ú . Just a random fact of the day for PGAF lol.

Really wish I could make *this* the avatar for PersonaGAF's Destiny clan.

Don't see your request for whatever reason, send it again if you can.

That my friend, deserves a slow clap. I actually laughed.
EDIT:
Vida longa a Portugal e aos seus filhos! lol
We are going to take over the world with the power of international bonds, and multilingualism bahahaha!
EDIT2:
À conquista do mundo!

Another wild porkchop appears!

Lunar15

I could personally do without the honorifics as well.

I'm all for retaining the spirit of the original game, but as I played through P4 I realized that I never even payed them much attention. They just kind of seem annoying after a while, hearing them spoken out in English just doesn't sit right. Most of the time I was able to parse out how the characters viewed each other through the actual performances. Kanji usually sounded pretty excited when talking to Yu, and you could tell when someone was teasing another character, etc. I didn't need the senpai's and kuns added on there.

I dunno, it's something I expected to be fine with going in, but coming out I realized that they just didn't seem necessary.

We are going to take over the world with the power of international bonds, and multilingualism bahahaha!

Just like we did five hundred years ago when the Portuguese reached Japan. xD

Actually, the pronounce of tsundere reminded me how the Japanese romanization system was originally based in the Portuguese orthography.

Actually, the pronounce of tsundere reminded me how the Japanese romanization system was originally based in the Portuguese orthography.

I still like how 'pan' is immediately understandable actually, though it gets the point across more when you show a bread roll with the word.

Language itself is always fascinating when it comes to borrowed words and such.

I could personally do without the honorifics as well.

I'm all for retaining the spirit of the original game, but as I played through P4 I realized that I never even payed them much attention. They just kind of seem annoying after a while, hearing them spoken out in English just doesn't sit right. Most of the time I was able to parse out how the characters viewed each other through the actual performances. Kanji usually sounded pretty excited when talking to Yu, and you could tell when someone was teasing another character, etc. I didn't need the senpai's and kuns added on there.

I dunno, it's something I expected to be fine with going in, but coming out I realized that they just didn't seem necessary.

Yeah, I don't think they're necessary either. I mean, yeah, I get it, they're Japanese characters who are supposed to be actually speaking Japanese to each other, but we don't need to be consistently reminded that--it's readily obvious without the honorifics and they aren't really needed to convey character relationships in English.

That reminds me of another localized line that kind of threw me in P4--when Rise complains about having to learn English because she could just get a translator if she needed to. This whole line, of course, is spoken by Laura Bailey in English. There's a very weird disconnect there. Like it's drawing attention to itself that it is localized, and it's something that I think should have been written out.

But that's just my feeling on the matter.

I still like how 'pan' is immediately understandable actually, though it gets the point across more when you show a bread roll with the word.

Yes a bunch of our words are actually used daily over there, stuff like the pretty well known "arigato" (thank you) which derives from our "obrigado". There's quite an extensive list, that I'm not going to post here, but yes, we were/are quite the conquerors aha!

Andrefpvs

Yes a bunch of our words are actually used daily over there, stuff like the pretty well known "arigato" (thank you) which derives from our "obrigado". There's quite an extensive list, that I'm not going to post here, but yes, we were/are quite the conquerors aha!

E6RSqxZ.png

True.

It's incredible to realize how such things survived for a long time. It's amazing being able to pronounce Japanese romaji almost as the same way we pronounce Portuguese words.

I still remember this, and how awesome I felt after answering it correctly LOL

True.
It's incredible to realize how such things survived for a long time. It's amazing being able to pronounce Japanese romaji almost as the same way we pronounce Portuguese words.
Yup which is why I'm totally comfortable with listening to japanese because of that principle (again going back to Latin vs English pronunciation of the alphabet).

Dantis

Looks like Marie fits into Arena pretty well, from what we've seen. Makes me sad that her implementation in Golden was so haphazard. If they'd fleshed her out more, this would be a pretty cool addition.

Can we talk about Marie's "Burst" pose

7F4RDt4.png

So damn stylish!

I honestly didn't expect this from Marie

I think we have a different opinion of what constitutes as stylish. :p

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
I thought the exact same thing when I saw that post.

Yes she's polarizing, but again, I didn't mind her S.Link or character at all. The dungeon mechanic though, I hated it due to how that felt shoe-horned.

Y'know I'm starting to get why people felt she was a bad character.

Top Bottom