• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Blood...

and despair....

tumblr_static_tumblr_mptvz4oifo1rnbh24o1_500.gif

Big DanganRonpa spoilers
Oh yes...sweet despair.

FluxWaveZ

But those chairs and chains... looks more like a desperate tone, to fight against something oppressive. Remember you are slave...

Soejima himself made the observation in the interview that the color can have contradictory meanings, in turn complimenting each other and elevating the themes as a result. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Caladrius

Soejima himself made the observation in the interview that the color can have contradictory meanings, in turn complimenting each other and elevating the themes as a result. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

I agree, actually.

There's probably going to be a strong interplay of optimism and pessimism closer to Persona 3.

Red can only mean one thing.

It'd be kind of sweet if the P5 party got The Fiends for Personas.

Soejima's take on them would be interesting.

Yeah it's red and black, with chains and the slogan "You are slave. Want emancipation?". I mean that screams despair to me. Also associated with red is anger (again fighting society back?), aggressiveness, violence and blood...
Not really related, but look at Sho, a character with red hair, with spunk, aggressive, an evil grin... I imagine Persona 5 to have characters like him (either Sho is fine, they both are twisted in their own way lol). I will probably be wrong in the end, but right now that's the picture that I have in my head when I put what they gave us together with a little bit of imagination lol.
EDIT: Found the perfect image to explain my point lol:
persona-4-the-ultimax-ultra-suplex-hold-38_ORI.jpg

FluxWaveZ

Yeah it's red and black, with chains and the slogan "You are slave. Want emancipation?". I mean that screams despair to me. Also associated with red is anger (again fighting society back?), aggressiveness, violence and blood...
Not really related, but look at Sho, a character with red hair, with spunk, aggressive, an evil grin... I imagine Persona 5 to have characters like him (either Sho is fine, they both are twisted in their own way lol). I will probably be wrong in the end, but right now that's the picture that I have in my head when I put what they gave us together with a little bit of imagination lol.

It could mean some of that, but this is P Studio. They're not as simple-minded as to harp on a single thematic facet over and over again in one of their games, especially in any of their main Persona games. Red can mean a lot of things, and not just negative. If there's one thing every single Persona game has had, it's moments of lightheartedness in-between the drama; even Eternal Punishment was like that. Red could also be related to the game's setting, just like yellow was to rural.

Related: Wada states that P4AU's main theme is to "stand tall and proud" in that Famitsu interview, which relates to the few lyrics we know from "Break Out Of The Dome."

It could mean some of that, but this is P Studio. They're not as simple-minded as to harp on a single thematic facet over and over again in one of their games, especially in any of their main Persona games. Red can mean a lot of things, and not just negative. If there's one thing every single Persona game has had, it's moments of lightheartedness in-between the drama; even Eternal Punishment was like that. Red could also be related to the game's setting, just like yellow was to rural.

Related: Wada states that P4AU's main theme is to "stand tall and proud" in that Famitsu interview, which relates to the few lyrics we know from "Break Out Of The Dome."

Yeah, they are keeping their cards close to their chest and it's killing me. But for some reason I can't help it, I look at Sho and I see Persona 5.

Dantis

Yeah, they are keeping their cards close to their chest and it's killing me. But for some reason I can't help it, I look at Sho and I see Persona 5.

If Sho is representative of anything in Persona 5 (and I don't think he will be), I will probably cry.

You should probably mark that this is a DanganRonpa spoiler. Right now someone could click it and think "Oh, I've finished all the Persona so I'm fine!".

BUT THEY WON'T BE FINE WILL THEY? NO SIR.

Rhapsody

Banned
If Sho is representative of anything in Persona 5 (and I don't think he will be), I will probably cry.

lol Hopefully not. Would love if P5 went towards a Catherine-like atmosphere instead.

I don't necessarily mean make it dark or depressing. But it'd be nice to alternate things a bit after P4's theme.

Sophia

You should probably mark that this is a DanganRonpa spoiler. Right now someone could click it and think "Oh, I've finished all the Persona so I'm fine!".

People should just mark spoilers for whatever specific game it's from regardless. No reason not to.

Silky

Banned
Shit another POOSONA thread? When will you people learn....

Anyway. I really want Persona Q and P4GA is pretty ok do far. Surprisingly it's pretty darn funny.

FluxWaveZ

Still from the Famitsu interview with Wada—I don't understand Japanese—but I believe the director admits that P4AU's story will take less time to complete than P4A's, where everyone had their own individual story chapter. He states that they learned lessons from the previous game, and that despite the fact that pure play-time is less, the density of the story will be much higher than in P4A (which, as we all know, suffered a lot from padding and wastes of time) and that there will be more anime cutscenes.

Before I just had the picture out here with nothing covering it. XD

But maybe I will leave it like that...

BECAUSE DESPAIR!

137754577846.png

Xenoflare

Still from the Famitsu interview with Wada—I don't understand Japanese—but I believe the director admits that P4AU's story will take less time to complete than P4A. He states that they learned lessons from the previous game, and that despite the fact that pure play-time is less, the density of the story will be much higher than in P4A (which, as we all know, suffered a lot from padding and wastes of time) and that there will be more anime cutscenes.

Good, most of the P4A's story mode was just trying to force you to fight everyone just for the hell of it.

It's nice to see that they are taking hints from BBCP.

Meia

Can't wait for my OST to come in the mail, first time getting an OST for a game before I actually play the game, going to be weird...

I still love the main battle theme music(Light the Fire Up in the Night), and how it's different based on which route you're going on(p3 version vs p4 version). Same lyrics, almost same music, but it's amazing how a difference in vocal pitch coupled with instrumental choices can really alter how the songs sound. Also cool that they kind of catch the feel of both of the differing games with it too.

Still kind of prefer the P4 version. :D

Mdesilva

Can't wait for my OST to come in the mail, first time getting an OST for a game before I actually play the game, going to be weird...

I still love the main battle theme music(Light the Fire Up in the Night), and how it's different based on which route you're going on(p3 version vs p4 version). Same lyrics, almost same music, but it's amazing how a difference in vocal pitch coupled with instrumental choices can really alter how the songs sound. Also cool that they kind of catch the feel of both of the differing games with it too.

But we all can agree the superior version is actually the Dark Hour arranged track, right?

http://youtu.be/oGG2SimbqNk

Agreed with how strange it is listening to an OST of a game I won't be getting until it hits US shelves this fall, but I will say that Q's version of New Days was gorgeous.

And I stand by that TAKOYAKI and Donut are some freaking adorable songs too.

Lunar15

So guys I saw this persona-ass looking game for vita and I picked it up. Trigger Happy something or other.

I'll be sure to post impressions of how inferior it is to persona so we can all laugh at it.

arue

So guys I saw this persona-ass looking game for vita and I picked it up. Trigger Happy something or other.

I'll be sure to post impressions of how inferior it is to persona so we can all laugh at it.

Is it Danganronpa? If it is, how dare you talk about DR like that :mad:

Joking aside, its Free Time is similar to Persona's S.Link, but it has its own unique story and I find the game quite enjoyable. The sequel, SDR2, is much better though.

I forgot to say: do not ever google the names of the characters... or else you gonna be spoiled.

Soon PersonaGAF and DanganRonpaGAF will merge into one....
or maybe they already have?!

Or better yet, someday...

We get a PERSONA X DANGANRONPA CROSSOVER! Prepare for the biggest, most suspenseful, despair, thriller investigation ever! With Yu and friends as the ace Persona deactivates fighting the evils with Makoto and friends as the ace lawyers to vanquish these foes through the most vicious, life and death trial known to man!

And best of all, DOUBLE THE WAIFUS!

PK Gaming

Hah, no way! I'll be looking forward to your impressions.

Enjoy the show ♪

We all agree that Hina is the best girl in DR1, right?

lol I'm just kidding, before you guys come complaining about off-topic discussion

Top Bottom