• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

LX_Theo

Banned
image.php

*Snrk*

Y'know I'm starting to get why people felt she was a bad character.

Eh? I liked Marie just fine, found her charming but didn't romance her though again, I maxed out her S.Link. But I won't say that she's not actually polarizing within the world of P4. Still, I thought she was a nice addition.

Her dungeon though? Mehhhh... due to the forced mechanic but was easy to get around it actually. Oh and the music for the dungeon is quite nice, as it's one of my favorite tracks of the P4G OST.

Looks like Marie fits into Arena pretty well, from what we've seen. Makes me sad that her implementation in Golden was so haphazard. If they'd fleshed her out more, this would be a pretty cool addition.

I think we have a different opinion of what constitutes as stylish. :p

She is "anime stylish" meaning that it looks cute for an anime character, but would look kind of weird/off in real life, that's how I think of it at least.
When you think about it though in general, that "anime style" thing is pretty much what 90% of female anime character designs are like anyway, flashy.

PK Gaming

Outside of those characters, Soejima feels most strongly about the protagonists from Persona 3 and 4. He said it's because they don't show much personality and the player reflects their own image onto them. Creating the protagonists was also a challenge for him as a designer; he didn't want to give a character too strong of a look, but at the same, he wanted to make sure people actually had fun playing as the character. Soejima spent a lot of time thinking up ideas for the main protagonists and it makes him happiest when people tell him they really enjoyed playing as the protagonist; this is his favorite praise to hear from fans.

HUH?!? BUT HOW?!? HOW CAN ANYONE POSSIBLY LIKE THE PROTAGONISTS? AREN'T THEY LIKE...YOURSELF?!?

Dantis

She is "anime stylish" meaning that it looks cute for an anime character, but would look kind of weird/off in real life, that's how I think of it at least.
When you think about it though in general, that "anime stylish" this is pretty much what 90% of female anime character designs are like anyway.

Her outfit is vaguely realistically stylish in that there is a kind of fashion that looks like that (Scene). Her pose is pretty typical animu though

When you think about it though in general, that "anime stylish" this is pretty much what 90% of female anime character designs are like anyway.

Kind of works the same way when you see some of the male characters' outfits.

For instance, I think both Yu/Souji and Akihiko rocking all white for their winter outfits is cool, but at the same time, in the real world, the look doesn't look that great if you have silver hair and are super-pale.

Teddie's outfit in the P4G epilogue falls into this as well - it's a nice look that works well in game but odd-looking if I saw some dude wearing on the street.

Her outfit is vaguely realistically stylish in that there is a kind of fashion that looks like that (Scene). Her pose is pretty typical animu though

Yes what I meant though is that her style is definitely not something that you would see on the streets on a regular basis, and it would stand out :p

Kind of works the same way when you see some of the male characters' outfits.

For instance, I think both Yu/Souji and Akihiko rocking all white for their winter outfits is cool, but at the same time, in the real world, the look doesn't look that great if you have silver hair and are super-pale.

Teddie's outfit in the P4G epilogue falls into this as well - it's a nice look that works well in game but odd-looking if I saw some dude wearing on the street.

Absolutely. Anime is general has flashy designs that just work. In your own head when you are watching you actually don't even think twice, but if you saw a person that even remotely resembled Teddie on the street,I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't be able to take your eyes off of him because of how odd that person looked lol.

"Soejima's favorite game is Persona 3; his all-time favorite characters are also from this entry. He said android Aigis is his number-one favorite, followed by Yukari"

Well ill be damned, i always thought his favorite character was Narukami since he closely resembles Soejima.

"He does believe it's important to keep the fans happy, but he finds it more important that he and Atlus always present something new and original."

And this is why ATLUS are one of the very few company's that stand out from the flock. I wish other developers had this mentality.

LX_Theo

Banned
Yep, just like that Persona 5 info we were going to have in early 2014 (though, the more time goes on, the more I think that might have been some kind of mistranslation).

Soon could mean anything for them, as we should be well aware.

Yeah, yeah. I suppose its just feels like its been so long since they even acknowledged the game it gave a bit more impact for me.

Among those you also have Naughty dog, don't forget them, brilliant people.
But come on we can't forget the top two publishers that keep on pushing for that mentality, Activision and EA!
LOL.

Yes what I meant though is that her style is definitely not something that you would see on the streets on a regular basis, and it would stand out :p

Even when I'm out in say JapanTown in San Francisco or am just in downtown in general, I do see the style on the streets, but I admit I always do a double-take before pushing it aside. Nothing wrong with it but yes, it's still uncommon to see it regularly on display.

Absolutely. Anime is general has flashy designs that just work. In your own head when you are watching you actually don't even think twice, but if you saw a person that even remotely resembled Teddie on the street,I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't be able to take your eyes off of him because of how odd that person looked lol.

Basically. I've seen great styles that work for certain people - whether in real life or in a celluloid fashion - but it certainly doesn't translate well for everyone. Cosplay works a bit like this too as if you are cosplaying as a certain character because you share a similar build/look, then regardless of how the outfit looks, it will look great. Cosplaying as your favorite character but not completely looking like them is often a crapshoot as it can go either way.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, yeah. I suppose its just feels like its been so long since they even acknowledged the game it gave a bit more impact for me.

I'd like to think that "soon" meant something cool. Last time an Atlus Japan person said "soon" about upcoming projects, we got announcements precisely one month later.

Wonder if it's worth posting the article in gaming for that. Seeing that Soejima preferred Persona 3 to Persona 4 is interesting.

I think most of the good ones do. I know for a fact that Bungie feels this way. They've talked about it a lot.

Good to hear. I haven't really been following Destiny, so im please to hear this. Im a massive Halo fan, so ill be sure to pick up bungie's next title in September.

I think alot of 3rd party developers have lost their way in the last few years. This is probably why im more inclined to purchase a Wiiu over a ps4 and xbone.

But come on we can't forget the top two publishers that keep on pushing for that mentality, Activision and EA!
LOL.

Hahaaa

The thing that actually shocked me the most at the end of the day wasn't actually Soejima's opinions on his favorite game or even his favorite waifus. It was the fact that this was a featured interview with him by Gameinformer.

That's just how she is. She'll react strongly to being embarrassed, but she doesn't know how to act when hanging out with people.
Hmmm so that's the reason. Oh well, the Adachi S. Link episode will be worth it.
Oh maaaan are those PQ avatars? YEEEES! And even the P3 cast got updated and Labrys and Sho have models!
Game Informer article on Soejima's process, from an interview they had with him.
He said android Aigis is his number-one favorite, followed by Yukari. Outside of those characters, Soejima feels most strongly about the protagonists from Persona 3 and 4
My man.

Oh maaaan are those PQ avatars? YEEEES! And even the P3 cast got updated and Labrys and Sho have models!

I just took that in! Future PQ DLC? I mean since this is already a game that
plays with time and space by putting both P3 and P4 character together...
We are on to something here guys. You heard it first here LOL.

FluxWaveZ

I just took that in! Future PQ DLC? I mean since this is already a game that
plays with time and space by putting both P3 and P4 character together...
We are on to something here guys. You heard it first here LOL.

It's a joke and all, but there's obviously a hint of sincerity in it and I'm just going to say that Atlus already said there will be no more PQ DLC.

It's a joke and all, but there's obviously a hint of sincerity in it and I'm just going to say that Atlus already said there will be no more PQ DLC.

Jokes aside it'd be pretty neat no lie aha! But it is a cool touch not only the models being based off PQ, but also having the P3 gang updated to their present age in P4AU's storyline.

Listening to the PQ soundtrack while on my commute and knowing I still have to wait until the fall to play... Ugh.

The music is so good though I haven't even gotten to the P4 side yet.

Dantis

Jokes aside it'd be pretty neat no lie aha! But it is a cool touch not only the models being based off PQ, but also having the P3 gang updated to their present age in P4AU's storyline.

Those models aren't based on the PQ art. They're just chibi versions of the characters.

FluxWaveZ

Those models aren't based on the PQ art. They're just chibi versions of the characters.

Kazuhisa Wada said those models are based on PQ art himself.
Q.
ロビーで使えるアバターやワールドで
こだわったところを教えてください。

A.
 アバターをやるとなった時、まず『ペルソナQ』ディレクターの金田に、3Dモデルを使わせてくれとお願いしました。じつはアレ、ベースは『ペルソナQ』の3Dキャラで、その頭身バランスを調整して、モーション撮影してドット化しているんです。元々かわいく出来ていたモデルなので、思った通りピタッとはまりました!
 背景はどうしてもクォータービューにしたくて(個人的に好きで)、アークシステムワークスさんに無理を言って仕様変更でねじ込んでもらいました。イメージは、対戦可能なコミュニティースペースとしてゲームセンター風にしようと、実際の『P4U2』のアーケード筺体(viewlix)をモチーフにしたものを、タイトーさんにご許可をいただいて並べました!
 ワールドも、ペルソナの世界観に没入できるように、『ペルソナ3』『ペルソナ4』の大マップから選べるような趣向に!
 各方面にご協力いただき、イメージ通りに仕上がってくれたと思います。ロビーはユーザー間のコミュニケーションに最適な場なので、どんどん活用してほしいです!

……あ、『ペルソナQ』のモデルを使わせてもらったということで、
 善と玲のアバターも準備中です。
 後日無料配信予定ですので、お楽しみに!
Rei's even going to be in it at a later date.

Persona 4 was more lighthearted and had livelier characters, and every time he envisioned its rural setting he kept thinking of the color yellow, "like the wildflower you see along the streets," he said. But he also liked yellow because it was a color of warning, so he felt that worked well for the murder-mystery premise.

So what does the color red bring to mind?

Caladrius

Persona 4 was more lighthearted and had livelier characters, and every time he envisioned its rural setting he kept thinking of the color yellow, "like the wildflower you see along the streets," he said. But he also liked yellow because it was a color of warning, so he felt that worked well for the murder-mystery premise.

Anger, anxiety and distrust.

Blood

Blood...

and despair....

tumblr_static_tumblr_mptvz4oifo1rnbh24o1_500.gif

Aigis confirmed for bestest character by Word of God himself!

And that's why I'm thankful this series has a pantheon.

Aigis is a great character indeed. But since my childhood, androids scares me. If she become human like Pinocchio it would be great. lol

My two favorite characters in fiction are robots
(Legion from ME2 and Bladewolf from Revengeance)
. I felt Aigis was pushed too hard as a love interest, but aside from that, she was very well done.

Top Bottom