• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

So, I mean, the answer should be obvious, but it's a little odd that Atlus USA hasn't announced it yet. Are we absolutely positive the PS4 version of Persona 5 is coming out in the US also?

Well, considering they made versions of Arena and Ultimax for other consoles, I don't really see why they'd take one away.

So, I mean, the answer should be obvious, but it's a little odd that Atlus USA hasn't announced it yet. Are we absolutely positive the PS4 version of Persona 5 is coming out in the US also?

There was a huge delay between the Japanese release (Nov. 2013) and English release (Feb. 2014) of the original teaser, so I'd expect the same here. Plus, considering how big the PS4 is in the West, they'd lose out on millions of potential sales. So we should get the announcement at some point.

So is it safe to assume now, that desubr2 is not going to happen 2014

so delayed from july 2013, to fall 2013, to 2014, and now delayed to 2015?

or just assume the game is scrapped altogether and buy the original ds game?

im just really confused

Meia

im just really confused

Definitely at a point where I wouldn't hold my breath.

Sophia

I'm surprised it's having such a hard time. I figured that would be an easy project after Overclocked's success.

They tied it to the Devil Survivor 2 anime and obviously wanted to do a big campaign with it, but that bombed because they didn't realize Seiji Kishi is a hack of a director. Who can't do anything but comedy. Wouldn't be surprised if they shelved it for that reason.

They tied it to the Devil Survivor 2 anime and obviously wanted to do a big campaign with it, but that bombed because they didn't realize Seiji Kishi is a hack of a director. Who can't do anything but comedy. Wouldn't be surprised if they shelved it for that reason.

how does that have to do with the delays?

so what is really happening? its not like desu2br is a BIG BUDGET TITLE from atlus anyway, so they expected this enhanced port to sell really well and decided that since the anime sucked, the game will automtically be disliked too?

ok, maybe they actually remake the entire game in full 3d models and release it in 2015

I know Ultimax hype has reached it's peak status considering the Japanese version is out, but Atlus USA posted three more character trailers today: Naoto, Kanji, and Akihiko!

There is also another Play with the Pros installment featuring Aigis.

I honestly think that Matthew Mercer sounds more like OG Kanji here than Troy Baker did in the new stuff for P4G. All of Kanji's new lines in Golden sound very different to me.

Personally, this is what I'd think is more likely than a remake of 2.

are persona fans also fans of other atlus games?

like will a persona fan buy desu automatically?

or is it more like persona fans, smt fans, desu fans, eo fans and then atlus fans

Squire

Banned
are persona fans also fans of other atlus games?

like will a persona fan buy desu automatically?

or is it more like persona fans, smt fans, desu fans, eo fans and then atlus fans

post-33537-Jim-Carrey-Truman-Show-gif-wha-cIrC.gif

cj_iwakura

Well I enjoyed the show a lot.

Sophia

Well I enjoyed the show a lot.

How much you enjoyed the show is irrelevant. It failed spectacularly in Japan. The first volume didn't even sell 2000 copies. I'm sure that gave the marketers some hesitation on top of whatever development issues the game itself had.

cj_iwakura

How much you enjoyed the show is irrelevant. It failed spectacularly in Japan. The first volume didn't even sell 2000 copies. I'm sure that gave the marketers some hesitation on top of whatever development issues the game itself had.

I wouldn't think that would influence Atlus' development, but who knows what Index pulled.

I wouldn't think that would influence Atlus' development, but who knows what Index pulled.
Well, the game needed the anime to sell it. Devil survivor isn't exactly popular and it was likey going to be a "meh" remake. The game probably wouldn't be good enough to make fans of the franchise buy it again when the 3ds is already backwards compatible with the original but that's okay because with the anime, it was meant to bring in new consumers. The anime bombed..... so now they have to either

1. Scrap it

2. Add enough content so that it can stand out on it's own.

Atlus said they delayed it for "quality" purposes so I assume that they know it has to be a legitimately good remake instead of a shitty cash grab for a anime.

I would rather have this.

so whats gonna happen to the characters, scripts and all that new story of the desu2br? surely the 2nd remake will either have to come out before desu3 or be outright scrapped

but it will be a waste... apparently the enhanced port has DOUBLE the story content with a BRAND NEW character

Mdesilva

I wasn't the one who did it nor was it my console, pls

And if I were hacking my PS3, not that I know how or care to, I DEFINITELY wouldn't do it to play as Marie

Andrefpvs

So… in P4AU, Marie says "STUPIDJERKIHATEYOU" during her DP

I'm actually DYING RIGHT NOW

Actually, we knew this from her English video.

But if people are using her, does that mean she's on the disc? If so, what's the point of making her DLC? Is Atlus trying to pull a Capcom here?

jzbluz

Wasn't Atlus USA teasing DS2BR? Although that was for the holidays so plans might have changed in the meantime.

DS2BR, DS3; I would buy either/both.

Mdesilva

Actually, we knew this from her English video.
Nah, they showed her saying it in her pre-fight intro. The fact that it's her DP quote (which means we're sure to hear it a ton) is definitely new, and it's hilarious.

But if people are using her, does that mean she's on the disc? If so, what's the point of making her DLC? Is Atlus trying to pull a Capcom here?
Yes.

im just really confused

I'm guessing Atlus is pulling an Ubisoft and hoping people would just forget about that game.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Wasn't Atlus USA teasing DS2BR? Although that was for the holidays so plans might have changed in the meantime.

DS2BR, DS3; I would buy either/both.

Some of the new artwork for DeSu2 was in that Atlus Christmas Card, but it was never mentioned from any Atlus branch since the reveal.

Freakmonkey

Neo Member
About 5 to 6 hours; and that's after I got the sketch done.

Cool cool, sometimes I get annoyed at the thought of me not spending enough time on work, it's really inconsistent, sometimes I'll work on a drawing for about 4-5 hours, but then I won't do anything for a week, then pick it back up. I'm trying to be more consistent now that I have an art blog and want to upload more, and it's going alright so far.

Dantis

I just realised that the next two episodes of P4GA are going to be dungeon-based.

I literally have no interest. Bring on the Epilogue.

Zareka

I honestly think that Matthew Mercer sounds more like OG Kanji here than Troy Baker did in the new stuff for P4G. All of Kanji's new lines in Golden sound very different to me.

Definitely. Golden Kanji sounded way off compared to how he sounded in the base content.

kewlmyc

I just realised that the next two episodes of P4GA are going to be dungeon-based.

I literally have no interest. Bring on the Epilogue.

The next one, yes. But it isn't confirmed that the one after it will be. There's 3 episodes left and I feel that Valentine's day will get it's own episode most likely and the Epilogue could get it's own episode as well.

I know Ultimax hype has reached it's peak status considering the Japanese version is out, but Atlus USA posted three more character trailers today: Naoto, Kanji, and Akihiko!

There is also another Play with the Pros installment featuring Aigis.
"My clothes? What about my clothes?" lol
New Kanji sounds amazing, New Naoto sounds pretty good too.
Yeah, I'm still watching that Golden Let's Play series and even though Baker does sounds pretty good as Kanji in some of the new events, he sounds way off during his last Social Link ranks and in his 3rd tier Persona scene.

how does that have to do with the delays?

so what is really happening? its not like desu2br is a BIG BUDGET TITLE from atlus anyway, so they expected this enhanced port to sell really well and decided that since the anime sucked, the game will automtically be disliked too?

ok, maybe they actually remake the entire game in full 3d models and release it in 2015

Weren't they talking about adding a whole extra week to the game? That would make it double the size of the original so it would've been a considerable investment. I'm guessing that they felt demand just isn't there to justify it.
I love these games so it's really disappointing that it was canned, which is a pretty safe bet at this point imo.

robotrock

Banned
Is the Ultimax single player story supposed to be difficult? As someone who is terrible at fighting games, I appreciated the easy Persona 4 Arena story gameplay.

Top Bottom