• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Sophia

Is the Ultimax single player story supposed to be difficult? As someone who is terrible at fighting games, I appreciated the easy Persona 4 Arena story gameplay.

No it's not. Only the final boss has anything resembling difficultly. Essentially the same as the original Arena.

And if you find that too hard you can turn on auto mode and have the game fight it for you.

No it's not. Only the final boss has anything resembling difficultly. Essentially the same as the original Arena.

And if you find that too hard you can turn on auto mode and have the game fight it for you.

its much more difficult than the original Arena...meaning Ultimax is pretty damn easy where as Arena is the easiest thing of all time

its much more difficult than the original Arena...meaning Ultimax is pretty damn easy where as Arena is the easiest thing of all time
I don't remember if it was story mode or arcade mode, but Shadow Labrys most of the times kicked my ass and I always got very mad. lol And wow, I didn't know there is an auto mode.
Well, today is my birthday. I'm 17 now. Next year, I'll be too old to be a main character in a Persona game.
Happy birthday!
-----------------------------------
Being Rise and dealing with "true self" situations must be easy compared to this:
They're also the best example of how awful idol culture in Japan is. People become obsessed with them. The more popular ones are not allowed to have any social lives. One was seen with a man once in public and had to issue a crying video apology where she shaved her head as penance because so much of the audience was angry.
The condition for being part of such a successful act is that the girls must not date boys, so as not to shatter their fans' illusions.

AKB48's management office said Minegishi had been demoted to a trainee team as punishment "for causing a nuisance to the fans".
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-21299324
I said wow.

Well at least it's harder than P4A. Some of the story matches I played through lasted for less time than the loading screen.

MSMrRound

Bw3oK_PCMAA0BXh.jpg:large

Just in: AtlusUSA confirmed to be giving Persona 5 the Persona 1 treatment by making the characters American.

Edit: Happy Birthday Mystic, PGaf's very own Internet Detective!

Andrefpvs

Nah, they showed her saying it in her pre-fight intro. The fact that it's her DP quote (which means we're sure to hear it a ton) is definitely new, and it's hilarious.

Ah, sorry, I thought "DP" was the intro! I know almost nothing about fighting game terminology, lol

Also. Thank you for the compliments, everyone. I'm glad I was able to help people throughout this year and last year. I'll continue to do so. Sadly, my birthweek hasn't been good so far, but this definitely has made me feel a little better so far.

Mdesilva

Ah, sorry, I thought "DP" was the intro! I know almost nothing about fighting game terminology, lol
DP is what is called a Dragon Punch (aka Shoryuken), which is usually an attack that has invincible frames on it, allowing it to be used as a reversal move when you're blocking or something. In this game, it's what you get when you press the B and D buttons, and is referred to as a Furious Action/R-Action. DP is just commonly used as a name since it's universal for all games and it's short/easy to say quickly,

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Re-draw my P5 MC sketch using a needlessly complex system of layers in PS. It's rough as hell, which I why I shrank it so much. Anyway, hope people like it.

rapi2RR.gif

Squire

Banned
Happy birthday, Mystic! I hope things start to look up soon.

Where are we at with P5 MC named? Anyone got anything good?

I wonder if they'll establish a canon name off the bat, like with Tatsuya...

Re-watching the PQ trailers, Yu sounds way more like Adachi than in Arena or the anime. lol Can't unhear. And P3MC kinda sounds like Ryoji when he's serious

So you can't name your character in P2?

I'd be shocked if they didn't at this point I mean especially when a name would be needed for any spin offs putting a default name that could be changed would be a good way of establishing a cannon name without removing the option for people to put a personal touch on the protagonist.

Yasushi Atsuhiro, look up what each new means and you'll see why I chose them.

Style

Banned
People that know Japanese should come up with more names like it.

Yeah I like it because you end up with an interesting genuine name. If I had to try making one I'd probably end up with Japanese for "I like chicken" or "cupped noodles" by accident.

Top Bottom