• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Meia

Edited my post from earlier to cover up any major P4G spoilers. Sorry about that.

Ohhhh I guess I'm not the only one that noticed in the 1st episode when Narukami basically leveled a whole portion of the TV World leaving him, Teddie and Yosuke as the only survivors?

That's also one of my favorite moments in the anime, even if it doesn't make any sense and erases Chie from existence.

Nah, on the extremely panned out shot showing them on the untouched ground in the middle of a crater you clearly see Yosuke holding Chie, but it's flat out stupid that you have to strain to even see it. :p

Persona 4 overall deserves better, and it's embarrassing they allowed this to even exist, especially considering how wonderful the P3 movies have been.

Squire

Banned
That P5 ad bodes well for them talking about the game, eh?

I remember some people expected that after the teaser from November, but it never happened.

Anyway, TGS hype is real!

The thirst for Persona 5 is real.

In my madness, I made another thing.

h45CUGT.png

Nah, on the extremely panned out shot showing them on the untouched ground in the middle of a crater you clearly see Yosuke holding Chie, but it's flat out stupid that you have to strain to even see it. :p

Persona 4 overall deserves better, and it's embarrassing they allowed this to even exist, especially considering how wonderful the P3 movies have been.

I am honestly burnt out on Persona 4. They just milked it so damn much... I agree the P3 movie was brilliant (still waiting on the subs for part 2, but word of mouth is that it's also great). Everything, from the scenarios, to the characterization of Makoto, and the rest of the SEES peeps, the animation, everything is top notch. I may be very biased since I loved the 3rd game, but it is a great way of revisiting the P3 world.

Never watched the DeSu 2 anime
Does it follow the game in some way or is it complete shit? Might watch it

I tried watching it when it aired. I did not finish it. All I could tell from the episodes I watched is that saying the DeSu 2 anime is complete shit is actually quite the insult to complete shit. But that's just my opinion (overstated for comedic effect).

I feel like all of these anime adaptations are just all crappy compared the the actual videogames. Either play the games or just watch and... suffer. A lot.

P3M is the only one that I would actually encourage both Persona fans and non-fans to watch. All others, P4A, P4GA, DeSu2? Avoid like the plague.

Let's put it this way, the game is basically SMT: Evangelion. The anime on the other hand is basically a very awful attempt at doing the same thing, the characters are awful which are either complete dicks or basically throwaway characters that are just there to be killed, The animation is pretty meh, along with some pretty bad CGI used for the Septentriones. The only nice things I can say are that the demon do translate well to animation and look nice, and the Opening and Ending Theme are good.

CorvoSol

I'll say this about P4GA, it's nothing compared to awfulness that is Trinity Soul or Devil Survivor 2 anime.

This is a fair point. Although character designs all look to have been handled by the same art team, P4GA's fight scenes, brief as they are, are much better to watch, and much easier to follow than TS'. P4GA's plot, such as it is, is likewise much easier to follow (provided you've played P4, which the show assumes you have) than TS'. P4GA is also more or less consistent with canon whereas TS was like "YO NOBODY OVAH 18 CAN PERSONIFY."

Stuart444

Those recent posts make me want to check out Trinity Souls now. Just to see how awful it is.

I like P4/P4G animes but TS looks horrible and sounds horrible.

I do look forward to seeing the second P3 movie, the first one was great.

Still no P4D news? You're running out of week Atlus.

Haven't watched Trinity Soul (probably never will), but I agree with you on DeSu2. It was the one of worst anime adaptations I've ever seen.

Watch it. I guarantee you will love it. You will be a different person by the end.

Style

Banned
Those recent posts make me want to check out Trinity Souls now. Just to see how awful it is.

I like P4/P4G animes but TS looks horrible and sounds horrible.

I do look forward to seeing the second P3 movie, the first one was great.
It's not even awful. Just very slow paced, nonsensical and anticlimactic.
Watch it. I guarantee you will love it. You will be a different person by the end.
Don't listen to Dave!

Dalius

Sup PersonaGAF.

Just finished P4G a few days ago. It my first Persona game and I loved every moment of it! I just bought Persona 3 FES off of PSN. I'm just wondering if there are any 'IMPORTANT SAVE ON THIS DATE OR ELSE" dates I should know about? P4G pretty much told you straight up when that day comes and explicitly tells you to make another save. Anything like this in P3 I should know about?

Dantis

So I discovered that a Stella Deus art book exists, and subsequently ordered it, and it arrived yesterday.

It's pretty interesting in general, but one of the most interesting parts to me is that it contains a lot of Soejima's much rougher drawings, whereas the Persona art books generally just use his more polished stuff.

Still no P4D news? You're running out of week Atlus.

Hope has faded, Dave. :(

Guess Who

Banned
Sup PersonaGAF.

Just finished P4G a few days ago. It my first Persona game and I loved every moment of it! I just bought Persona 3 FES off of PSN. I'm just wondering if there are any 'IMPORTANT SAVE ON THIS DATE OR ELSE" dates I should know about? P4G pretty much told you straight up when that day comes and explicitly tells you to make another save. Anything like this in P3 I should know about?

There's only one game-changing decision in P3 and, while it's not broadcast that it's coming like P4G does, it's really obvious what choice you should make (also unlike P4G).

Setsu00

So I discovered that a Stella Deus art book exists, and subsequently ordered it, and it arrived yesterday.

It's pretty interesting in general, but one of the most interesting parts to me is that it contains a lot of Soejima's much rougher drawings, whereas the Persona art books generally just use his more polished stuff.

Did you buy it at ebay? That's the only place where I could find it so far.

Also, most of PQ's Soejima stuff seems to be really rough. It's fascinating to see how he approached the designs for Zen and Rei.

Dantis

Did you buy it at ebay? That's the only place where I could find it so far.

Also, most of PQ's Soejima stuff seems to be really rough. It's fascinating to see how he approached the designs for Zen and Rei.

Yep. Got it from some Japanese guy.

Is it worth buying the PQ art book, do you think?

Setsu00

Yep. Got it from some Japanese guy.

Is it worth buying the PQ art book, do you think?

I haven't seen a lot of it so far, but I plan on buying it. I'm not sure though whether I'll wait for the English version that should come out sooner or later as well.

Tamanon

Banned
Altus stage show is 1 hour long. There's no possible way that's an hour of Etrian Odyssey, so I expect some Persona 4 Dancing at a minimum there!

Tiu Neo

Altus stage show is 1 hour long. There's no possible way that's an hour of Etrian Odyssey, so I expect some Persona 4 Dancing at a minimum there!

Well, if they don't show P4D, we know it's pretty much vaporware.
Please, don't be vaporware.

Well, if they don't show P4D, we know it's pretty much vaporware.
Please, don't be vaporware.

Nah, won't be. They even had that piece of art of Kanamin from P4D in the P4GA musical band episode, a poster for her on the school walls. Why use that in the anime if not to advertise? And plus, I thought people said Rise in P4AU was wearing the uniform that she wears in P4D, or something like that?

The game was slated for fall, fall hasn't arrived yet. And with P5s definitive delay to "sometime in 2015" rather than early that year, they now have a bigger window to release that game.

Arizato

Maybe something on Persona 5 or Dancing all Night as well as Devil Survivor 2 Break Record? They haven't said anything about that game for a very long time now.

Sophia

Sup PersonaGAF.

There are no such dates in Persona 3, so don't worry about it. There's a major choice of sorts near the end of the game, but the obvious choice is blatant and you can't get it by accident.

Watch Atlus troll us and it really is an hour of Etrian Odyssey. :p

There are no such dates in Persona 3, so don't worry about it. There's a major choice of sorts near the end of the game, but the obvious choice is blatant and you can't get it by accident.

Watch Atlus troll us and it really is an hour of Etrian Odyssey. :p

As wonderful as EO is I can't see it getting an hour just to itself, there has to be more stuff in there. Would be awesome to see some P4D and P5 gameplay, or another character/characters reveal from the latter?

arue

An hour of Atlus stuff eh?

I don't expect any Persona game to be shown there; gotta keep my expectation low.

Who am I kidding? I want more P5 and P4D news!

Watch them build up to P5 and instead show a 10 minute demo of SMTxFE.
Would that be awesome or a disappointment?

Disappointment.

I would certainly buy SMTxFE and think it'll probably be really good, but P4 is one of my absolute favorite games of all time and the series as a whole is probably my favorite. My anticipation for P5 is even above that of Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFXV

jzbluz

But SMTxFe, P5, Break Record, and P4DAN are all announced games, why wouldn't they just mention it if they were planning on showing off something. Maybe they'll show the new game that they mentioned before?

Top Bottom