• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Setsu00

So...next Thursday then?

Considering that TGS is next week and that Atlus announced that they would be on stage in the last PSC, I think it's safe to assume that we get at least some news during the next two weeks.

Edit: I love that special mix of Dazzling Smile. The lyrics are beautiful, even if they are about Marie's and Yu's relationship.

That particular picture took just over an hour.

I'm always curious about stuff like this. But it makes sense, when it comes to anime drawings and such, usually 1-3hrs does it. It depends on how elaborate the piece is, if I have a lot to draw/shade, etc.

Considering that TGS is next week and that Atlus announced that they would be on stage in the last PSC, I think it's safe to assume that we get at least some news during the next two weeks.

Edit: I love that special mix of Dazzling Smile. The lyrics are beautiful, even if they are about Marie's and Yu's relationship.

I sure hope we see something new from P4D, or P5. Or why not both :p

Dantis

I'm always curious about stuff like this. But it makes sense, when it comes to anime drawings and such, usually 1-3hrs does it. It depends on how elaborate the piece is, if I have a lot to draw/shade, etc.

If I'd have done proper lines for it, it would have taken a lot longer. Because my lines are fairly fine, it requires a lot more precision.

Setsu00

The piece I'm currently working on (I originally planned to finish it as part of Junpei week) is incredibly time consuming and I'm not even sure whether it pays off in the end. Only getting the perspective right took me about three hours.

The piece I'm currently working on (I originally planned to finish it as part of Junpei week) is incredibly time consuming and I'm not even sure whether it pays off in the end. Only getting the perspective right took me about three hours.

Yeah it really depends on what you are doing. You guys have seen my drawings, I stick mostly to character portraits with no background. The part that takes me the longest is filling the lines and shadows with ink.

Rhapsody

Banned
I haven't been keeping up with PQ in awhile, but how well was the game received in Japan or among importers?

I'm kind of looking forward to it again.

Tamanon

Banned
Today's P4GA episode was pretty good. I didn't play that part in P4G(stopped at the first new ending), so it's all new to me, but I like a lot of the ideas involved. Next week Yu busts out the Talk no Jutsu I bet.

I'll add my voice to yours. I assume come launch we won't be using it as much anymore, though?

I was under the assumption that [redacted] was more to prevent spoiling P4 than to prevent spoiling Ultimax, so Ultimax's launch wouldn't really matter anyway. So if someone just starting P4 comes here, who knows nothing about Ultimax, they won't get spoiled on P4 due to an Ultimax discussion.

I was under the assumption that [redacted] was more to prevent spoiling P4 than to prevent spoiling Ultimax, so Ultimax's launch wouldn't really matter anyway. So if someone just starting P4 comes here, who knows nothing about Ultimax, they won't get spoiled on P4 due to an Ultimax discussion.

It is to avoid spoiling P4 but I think the idea is that when ultimax comes out [Redacted] will be less of a secret, not only just due to the exposure from the game but also because a lot of people will see no need to continue dancing around the subject.

Setsu00

Here's some Yu for you guys:

tumblr_nbra16qHeP1ry8an7o1_1280.png

Marche90

Today's P4GA episode was pretty good. I didn't play that part in P4G(stopped at the first new ending), so it's all new to me, but I like a lot of the ideas involved. Next week Yu busts out the Talk no Jutsu I bet.

So today's episode is good enough to watch?

last episode was so bad that I couldn't even finish watching it :(

CorvoSol

Aside from one scene I wouldn't call this episode good. The "dumped in different parts of the dungeon" serves no real purpose beyond showcasing the dungeon, and feels too much like a rehash of Magatsu Inaba. They completely rush through the exposition leading into the boss fight, which kind of alters the entire meaning of the fight, I think. I guess it's still "Yeah let's do this to save Marie!" but the execution is just really different. And it still contains some things I feel are major foibles, like Teddie pointing out that he knows exactly how Marie's feeling and her basically pretending like those ten seconds didn't just happen. Nevermind that the Hollow Forest has lost a part of its meaning since the show didn't bother setting it up during the Ameno Sagiri scene.

I would pay money to see someone watch this show as their first Persona 4 experience, because I'm dying to know what it is like to experience the galactic sized gaps of information in every single episode.

Tamanon

Banned

It's super Marie focused of course, since it's that part of the game. But I thought it was pretty good. A few short fight scenes at least, and Margaret was pretty great.

cj_iwakura

It is to avoid spoiling P4 but I think the idea is that when ultimax comes out [Redacted] will be less of a secret, not only just due to the exposure from the game but also because a lot of people will see no need to continue dancing around the subject.

You'd have to be living in a cave to not know about it.

Mdesilva

I hope [Redacted] ends up in EVO GFs or something else with lots of exposure, lol. Anything to let us stop saying that stupid name.

Atlus clearly doesn't think it's a big deal, so I don't think there's much of a reason to hide it. But whatever, I guess.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
I hope [Redacted] ends up in EVO GFs or something else with lots of exposure, lol. Anything to let us stop saying that stupid name.

Atlus clearly doesn't think it's a big deal, so I don't think there's much of a reason to hide it. But whatever, I guess.

Got a better name?

kewlmyc

While I didn't agree at first, we do have quite a bit of people in here that come in here saying that it's their first time playing P4 and asking for advice. The Ultimax OT is fair game though.

Though mentioning he's in a new Persona game doesn't mean much to someone just starting P4 unless you're being specific about his role in the new game.

My favourite moment of the most recent episode of the Golden anime was this.

Outside of that, the only other enjoyable aspect for me was the use of the Memories dungeon music. Love that song.

Doesn't this defeat the entire purpose of not using the character's name in the first place?

Dantis said:
The normal version is miles better than the special mix. Kitajoh makes the songs sound so busy. Time To Make History is very mediocre, but I didn't like the original song all that much, so it's not surprising that I don't think much to the remix.

You weren't kidding. Damn.

I thought I had seen a Persona community thread, perfect!

Ok ok, here's my deal...

I just finished P4G not too long ago, it's the first Persona game I've played through. Loved it. So I got P3FES on PSN and while I'm only about 5 hours in, I'm really digging it too....so now I've been toying with the idea of getting the older games.

So what I'm asking you guys is this:

Do Persona 1, P2:IS and P2:EP hold up still? From what I understand, those three games are all directly linked...so I'd have to commit to going through each of them...

I adapt fine to older mechanics in general...but considering the time sink that'd be (on top of finishing P3FES)...is it worth it?

Eh, I don't think we need drop the whole "[Redacted]" thing. When I first saw the Persona Q trailer back in November most comments in sites were really spoilerific (not in regards to P4 but you get the point), so I don't want the same to happen to a guy who's playing P4 for the first time and looks for advice for the game here.

I mean, if you wanna discuss freely about him that much just go the Ultimax OT where his name isn't [Redacted].

Top Bottom