• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Sophia

The things I think they could show during that stage show other than EOIIU are: P4D, P5, DSII:BR, SMTxFE, Devilizer and Asraga Adventure Chronicle.

What I think will be shown: EOIIU (~25 min) and P4D (~25 min), with 10 min of nonsense and other stuff.

My guess is: Etrian Odyssey Untold 2, Persona 4 Dancing, and the first gameplay of Persona 5
Online.

cj_iwakura

I have a very hard time thinking they'll devote 25 minutes to EO2. They've already shown plenty of the game off. I think 5-10 minutes of EO2, and the rest on new stuff.

MSMrRound

E3UQb3j.jpg

About that Persona Music Box, does anyone know how one could go about getting tickets? I'll be visiting Japan in October and it would be fun to go to that show.

Xenoflare

Jeebus I don't know if this counts as a P4AU gameplay spoiler but Liz boss mode is crazy.

Basically it's her score attack boss version, instant Mahammon/Mamudoon, and ACTUAL Diarahan

PK Gaming

When the teaser site for 2 Untold went live, all that was shown was a background and three orbs, each containing the characters "2," "D," and "X." When the official site for 2U went live, so did two separate sites corresponding to the other two characters. Supposedly these are all for different projects, but Atlus has kind of been vague about the relationship ever since the first trailer for the remake got uploaded.

I'm going to laugh (and probably be the only one cheering) if this somehow turns into the Etrian Odyssey Power Hour.
Then again, I was on board with Persona Q the moment I realized it was a reskinned Etrian game, and this was before we had any idea Persona 5 would be shown in November.

Nah i'll be cheering right with you

I loooooooove EO. (Still gotta play Untold)

Nachos

Nah i'll be cheering right with you

I loooooooove EO. (Still gotta play Untold)

Get it. Even if it's seemingly hampered by awful design decisions at every turn, it's still a great game at its core and is still the best version of the first game. Though, I'd suggest skipping story mode altogether, playing classic, and praying that 2 Untold's story mode is better (which already seems to be the case, but you especially should try classic if you've never played the original).

mdubs

Banned
Dantis (on Twitter) said:
The new tracks in Ultimax are so, so bad. Especially next to Meguro's stuff.

Still very positive on the actual game though.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know where I can find a listing anywhere to look up which tracks are Meguro's and which are Kitajoh's? I had previously thought Meguro was composing all of them

Setsu00

Out of curiosity, does anyone know where I can find a listing anywhere to look up which tracks are Meguro's and which are Kitajoh's? I had previously thought Meguro was composing all of them

I'm pretty sure that the entire Ultimax soundtrack was written by Kitajoh, but I might be wrong.

Dantis

Meguro's are the ones that are good, ho hum.

He's done none of Ultimax (that I'm aware of) and did Best Friends, Wandering Wolf, Junes Hero, Spirited Girl and Shadows of The Labyrinth in the original Arena.

mdubs

Banned

He's done none of Ultimax (that I'm aware of) and did Best Friends, Wandering Wolf, Junes Hero, Spirited Girl and Shadows of The Labyrinth in the original Arena.

Hmmm, good to know. I wish there was somewhere this was all listed, Meguro's stuff is always the bomb

PK Gaming

BxV4RoVCMAACtXe.jpg

Incoming P4GA OVA...?

Get it. Even if it's seemingly hampered by awful design decisions at every turn, it's still a great game at its core and is still the best version of the first game. Though, I'd suggest skipping story mode altogether, playing classic, and praying that 2 Untold's story mode is better (which already seems to be the case, but you especially should try classic if you've never played the original).

Will do! What's the difference between Story Mode and Classic?

cj_iwakura

They should get Ryota Kozuka to contribute, but if he's SMT style, it might not suit Arena much.

Nachos

Will do! What's the difference between Story Mode and Classic?

Basically, beyond its emphasis on story, story mode tries to make everything as un-Etrian as possible. You're saddled with the same five characters for the entire game, and unfortunately, even though you can technically reclass them, they're stuck with their original stats (so a physical attacker with a magic class would basically be useless).

Speaking of classes, story mode is the only way to get the highlander and gunner classes. Honestly, though, they're not that amazing, even though the gunner gets the utterly broken action boost ability (which allows you to use the same attack three times on the next turn with no penalty). There's also an exclusive dungeon you revisit multiple times, but it's so short and uneventful that you won't be missing much.

Everything else is basically the same, but classic has the benefit of rebalancing the original classes and fixing old glitches. I really didn't care for the extra (and pretty generic) story at all, so I'd much rather have the freedom to make a party out of characters that suit my playstyle. It also helps that you no longer need to unlock the hexer or ronin classes, so you have even more freedom in what you can do.

Plus, based on what I've read off Japanese wikis, Persona Q basically does what Untold 1's story mode tried to do for the series, but much better.

Dantis

Let's have a competition, for funsies.

Guess the date and the time (And the time zone) that P4D will next be shown.

My guess is that it will leak in Famitsu this Tuesday. 11:12pm in UK time.

PK Gaming

Basically, beyond its emphasis on story, story mode tries to make everything as un-Etrian as possible. You're saddled with the same five characters for the entire game, and unfortunately, even though you can technically reclass them, they're stuck with their original stats (so a physical attacker with a magic class would basically be useless).

Speaking of classes, story mode is the only way to get the highlander and gunner classes. Honestly, though, they're not that amazing, even though the gunner gets the utterly broken action boost ability (which allows you to use the same attack three times on the next turn with no penalty). There's also an exclusive dungeon you revisit multiple times, but it's so short and uneventful that you won't be missing much.

Everything else is basically the same, but classic has the benefit of rebalancing the original classes and fixing old glitches. I really didn't care for the extra (and pretty generic) story at all, so I'd much rather have the freedom to make a party out of characters that suit my playstyle. It also helps that you no longer need to unlock the hexer or ronin classes, so you have even more freedom in what you can do.

Plus, based on what I've read off Japanese wikis, Persona Q basically does what Untold 1's story mode tried to do for the series, but much better.

Oof that's a dealbreaker. EO is the only game series where I actual prefer coming up with my own characters and giving them their own personality/background. I'll definitely go with Classic, thanks for the heads up.

Nachos

So has anyone brought this up before? Apparently Ashley Burch was Shiina Mayuri in the Steins;Gate dub (it was credited to "Jackie Ross," but that seems like it was an alias). The fact that she never actually said who she would be playing makes me wonder if she's just voicing extras, but I'm actually looking forward to her potentially playing Rei in Persona Q if her SG performance is anything to go by.

So has anyone brought this up before? Apparently Ashley Burch was Shiina Mayuri in the Steins;Gate dub (it was credited to "Jackie Ross," but that seems like it was an alias). The fact that she never actually said who she would be playing makes me wonder if she's just voicing extras, but I'm actually looking forward to her potentially playing Rei in Persona Q if her SG performance is anything to go by.
In one of the previews Destructoid had, they said "So far, all I can really say is that Rei is super cute. And you'll recognize her voice. Though Atlus wouldn't exactly confirm the voice actor's identity, it seems we were on the right track earlier. " and since there's no other girl with a unconfirmed voice, I think we can be sure that she's voicing Rei in the game.
Unless she's voicing the Queen of Hearts

Still need to watch Steins;gate, but that's neat

I've been under the assumption that Ashly Burch would be Rei's VA. She seems like a good fit for Rei. Haven't done much research since that day she tweeted about being in PQ though, so what do I know.

The Twitter account of the artist is right there on the image.

B-b-but it's a wall of Japanese text! I don't know how to process this information.

Let's have a competition, for funsies.

Guess the date and the time (And the time zone) that P4D will next be shown.

My guess is that it will leak in Famitsu this Tuesday. 11:12pm in UK time.

I agree with a Famitsu leak this Tuesday, but I say it'll be 6:25am Mountain Time.

Top Bottom