• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

BxV4RoVCMAACtXe.jpg

P5 anime announced?

Dantis

If I lived in the US, I'd absolutely go to that.

As it is, I'll wait and hope that they get a venue dedicated to just them. And that Meguro comes along too.

Nachos

I've been under the assumption that Ashly Burch would be Rei's VA. She seems like a good fit for Rei. Haven't done much research since that day she tweeted about being in PQ though, so what do I know.
Yeah, I always thought it was a possibility, but as far as I know, it was only recently that someone who follows voice actors put two and two together by figuring out "Jackie Ross" never even existed. I was definitely surprised myself.

In one of the previews Destructoid had, they said "So far, all I can really say is that Rei is super cute. And you'll recognize her voice. Though Atlus wouldn't exactly confirm the voice actor's identity, it seems we were on the right track earlier. " and since there's no other girl with a unconfirmed voice, I think we can be sure that she's voicing Rei in the game.
Unless she's voicing the Queen of Hearts

Yeah, that was the only character I could think of that wouldn't necessarily be notable to self-credit by name. Then again, considering she's done stuff with Valve and is going to be in Feep's new game with Wil Wheaton, I'm wondering if there might be some weird union/ficore stuff keeping her mum.

Let's have a competition, for funsies.

Guess the date and the time (And the time zone) that P4D will next be shown.

My guess is that it will leak in Famitsu this Tuesday. 11:12pm in UK time.

Where is the exact time of the Atlus exhibition on TGS? I could't find it: http://expo.nikkeibp.co.jp/tgs/2014/en/visitor/list/index.html

Well if it's not defined or not revealed yet, my bet is:

TGS, 19th september, 3:30pm Korean time

Meia

Arizona for me may as well be overseas anyway, dammit. :\

Ah well, still good to see an actual Persona concert on US soil. Another one to strike off the list of things I'd thought I'd never see happen. :p

Hey, um, since Persona 5 is going to be on the PS4 too, does this mean that it has to support Remote Play, or is that up to the developer? Cause, portable Persona 5.... :D

Hey, um, since Persona 5 is going to be on the PS4 too, does this mean that it has to support Remote Play, or is that up to the developer? Cause, portable Persona 5.... :D
I'm pretty sure all PS4 games have to have remote play, so that will be pretty nice. I don't know if I'll own a PS4 by the time P5 comes out. Probably not.

I'm pretty sure all PS4 games have to have remote play, so that will be pretty nice. I don't know if I'll own a PS4 by the time P5 comes out. Probably not.

I don't use remote play too often, maybe now with destiny I do, for some PvE farming, but man I feel like for Persona 5 I will be using it most of the time. I'm the kind of guy that likes RPGs on a handheld, sitting through boxes of dialogue in front of a tv screen, even with my glasses on, just gives me a headache.

MSMrRound

By the way, when is the Persona Music Live 2014 happening? I haven't heard anything about it.

So far there's only a Persona Music Box concert thing announced for October. It only features Shihoko, Yumi, Lotus Juice and DJ Waka without any of the Atlus band members.

There's also a performance by S, Y and LJ next year at a con in Arizona sometime next year.

I don't use remote play too often, maybe now with destiny I do, for some PvE farming, but man I feel like for Persona 5 I will be using it most of the time. I'm the kind of guy that likes RPGs on a handheld, sitting through boxes of dialogue in front of a tv screen, even with my glasses on, just gives me a headache.
Feel the same, that's the reason why I enjoyed P4G so much. I tend to enjoy games way more on handhelds than on home consoles.

Meia

Well, you also have to figure that if Persona 5 isn't an action RPG, things like input lag and the like won't matter anyway, so you'd probably be able to play it even on a meh wi-fi connection. :D

Exactly my thoughts, and in my experience I have no input lag whatsoever, or at least lag that's very noticeable. It'll be glorious, running the game on the OLED

Tamanon

Banned
I hope Persona 5's dungeons are more exciting. I would love if there was more of a puzzle element personally. Other thing I would like is at least a rudimentary crafting system added.

Dantis

I hope Persona 5's dungeons are more exciting. I would love if there was more of a puzzle element personally. Other thing I would like is at least a rudimentary crafting system added.

You are killing me.

This is exactly what I don't want to see, haha!

MSMrRound

I'll love it if we are somehow allowed to switch party members on the fly...or would that make it too easy? (FFX/Tales of Xillia pulled off that aspect nicely)

I'll love it if we are somehow allowed to switch party members on the fly...or would that make it too easy? (FFX/Tales of Xillia pulled off that aspect nicely)

If P5 were able to emulate FFX's battle system, I would be so happy!

FFX has possibly my favourite battle system in any game ever. Would be interesting how they switch up the 'one more' system into something like that.

Sophia

P4 had one, sort of, with bringing materials to Daidara to unlock new items.

Everything Dantis never wanted is already really there to begin with.

Atlus knows....

I think we're more likely to get what Persona Q has, with Persona switching on the fly instead.

Dantis

If we want to be technical, Persona 3 already had a rudimentary crafting system with the antique store and weapon fusing. :p

P4 had one, sort of, with bringing materials to Daidara to unlock new items.

P3's is kiiiiind of a crafting system, but P4's isn't really one at all.

Either way, something like either of those is fine. Basically, if it's something I can ignore, then it's all good. If it's a core game component, then I don't want it.

Nocturne tier dungeons would be amaaaaziing, 0% chance of that happening though. I doubt Hashino can make another game like that again(did Okada help him the first time?) and the Amala labyrinth was done by the maniax team. Speaking of team maniax, I hope they show deviliser soon.

Sophia

P3's is kiiiiind of a crafting system, but P4's isn't really one at all.

Either way, something like either of those is fine. Basically, if it's something I can ignore, then it's all good. If it's a core game component, then I don't want it.

I'd totally qualify it as a crafting system. Each item that Daidara can make has a specific requirement, if hidden to the player. It's basically no different than Guild Wars 2's crafting system, except you only need to craft it once. :p

Nocturne tier dungeons would be amaaaaziing, 0% chance of that happening though. I doubt Hashino can make another game like that again(did Okada help him the first time?) and the Amala labyrinth was done by the maniax team. Speaking of team maniax, I hope they show deviliser soon.

Let it be known world: According to 9thwonder, the competence level of one man is dictated by a very deliberate design choice instead of the actual skills and planning of an entire team.

This kind of logic is totally asinine and is not really how development teams work.

I'd totally qualify it as a crafting system. Each item that Daidara can make has a specific requirement, if hidden to the player. It's basically no different than Guild Wars 2's crafting system, except you only need to craft it once. :p

Let it be known world: According to 9thwonder, the competence level of one man is dictated by a very deliberate design choice instead of the actual skills and planning of an entire team.

This kind of logic is totally asinine and is not really how development teams work.
So DDS 1 dungeon designs were deliberately shitty? Well alright then.

Sophia

So DDS 1 dungeon designs were deliberately shitty? Well alright then.

I said nothing of Digital Devil Saga. I was talking about how you blasted Hashino for P3/P4's design decisions when it was likely a deliberate choice to do something different. Not an issue of competence, as you implied in the bolded part here:

One person does not usually make a game on their own, you know?

Tamanon

Banned
I suspect there won't be enough characters for a FFX battle switching to work. I think we're getting 5 characters, which will be interesting to change things up.

I loved FFX's system, but hated that I had to swap characters in to keep them leveling.

Speaking of the battle system, I wonder if they're going to change the number of characters you can bring in your party? Like if there really are five characters, could bring them all at once?

arue

I loved FFX's system, but hated that I had to swap characters in to keep them leveling.
That reminds me, the non-fighting party members should get partial EXP in P5. I think P2IS has this system, but I think it was removed from P3 and P4.

Sophia

That reminds me, the non-fighting party members should get partial EXP in P5. I think P2IS has this system, but I think it was removed from P3 and P4.

All party members participate in battle in P1 and in both halves of P2. There's no partial EXP to share because there are no reserved party members.

arue

Hm? Didn't P2IS have all the party members in every battle?
All party members participate in battle in P1 and in both halves of P2. There's no partial EXP to share because there are no reserved party members.

Ah that's true. My memory is getting fuzzy becaise I haven't played P2IS in a long time.

I still think P5 should introduce the system to make leveling easier. It's pretty common in JRPGs.

I said nothing of Digital Devil Saga. I was talking about how you blasted Hashino for P3/P4's design decisions when it was likely a deliberate choice to do something different. Not an issue of competence, as you implied in the bolded part here:

One person does not usually make a game on their own, you know?
Oh I'm absolutely aware, I should have specified that I'm not necessarily just talking about the designs of the dungeons but the entire dungeon crawling experience. There are dedicated level designers, so if Atlus had one of those for Nocturne and somehow didn't have one for persona and a bad one for DDS, that's fine. But if I find the entire dungeon crawling experience subpar, it is absolutely Hashino's fault. I actually just started studying design recently (as in a few weeks ago) and the moment I started learning about good and bad examples of endogenous value in game design, Persona's dungeon crawling came to mind.

MSMrRound

I think we're getting 5 characters

If the multi-protagonists theory plays out (e.g how only the right shackle was removed)...and Persona 5 is told from each of their perspective, that would be interesting to see as well...of course, it's just one of the theory being thrown around.

Hm? Didn't P2IS have all the party members in every battle?

Sophia said:

Right, I forgot about that. In that case, it'd be cool if they went back to doing things that way. All depends on how it would work in the game itself though.

Top Bottom