• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Bx9TScwCMAIHBx5.jpg:large

FluxWaveZ

That stage show was pretty much what I expected, right down to Devil Survivor 2: Break Record. Catherine 2 was (unfortunately) too outlandish with a new Persona 5 trailer being unlikely because of what they said they would do with the older one. They never outright canceled DeSu2, so I was kind of expecting it, though I was a bit surprised.

What was way more surprising to me was the P4D delay. Some had seen it coming due to the lack of coverage it was getting, but I had never thought that would occur. Someone in another thread stated that the P5, P4D, DeSu2, SMTxFE... troubles might have been residual effects from the Index stuff last year, which is possible. Hope everything goes smoothly for Atlus from now on.

MSMrRound

Persona 4 Dancing was probably affected when Dingo ran into problems with the Love Live: School Idol Project rhythm games. Thanks Love Live!

i remember venting about lacking new info on desu2br a while ago etc but glad now release date is set

but atlus still lied twice though, first confirming ("index no affect us!") all good for fall 2013 release, then delayed to 2014. cant believe a simple enhanced port got delayed nearly 19months

either the sprites are now in HD or there is a TON of story content to make up for this

Nachos

i remember venting about lacking new info on desu2br a while ago etc but glad now release date is set

but atlus still lied twice though, first confirming ("index no affect us!") all good for fall 2013 release, then delayed to 2014. cant believe a simple enhanced port got delayed nearly 19months

either the sprites are now in HD or there is a TON of story content to make up for this

Apparently the new content is just as long as the original game, but I think they were mostly done with it all around the time they debuted the first trailer. Still, for all we know, the delay might've been motivated by something unrelated to Index (possibly distancing the game from the poorly-received anime).

Um, you sure? I'm seeing it.

Original:

New (After TGS):

Apparently, the game is being composed by Ryota Koduka, too.

Original Japanese Text said:
Chief Producer: Katsura Hashino
Producer: Yosuke Uda
Original Character Designer: Shigenori Soejima
Series Sound Director: Shoji Meguro

Post-TGS Japanese Text said:
Producer & Director: Kazuhisa Wada
Original Character Designer: Shigenori Soejima
Series Sound Director: Shoji Meguro
Sound Composer: Ryota Koduka

Search engine and site description have also changed according to the HTML file.

Original Site Description said:
ATLUS×DINGOが贈るPサウンドアクション「ペルソナ4 ダンシング・オールナイト」公式サイト.

Post-TGS Site Description said:
ATLUSが贈るPサウンドアクション「ペルソナ4 ダンシング・オールナイト」公式サイト

Product description on the Persona Channel website has also been changed.

Original p-ch Product Info said:

Post-TGS p-ch Product Info said:

Notice no mentions of DINGO at all in the product info. Only ATLUS news page that mentions DINGO as the developers of P4D is this: http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=36

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, I think I was seeing an older version of that website due to cookie issues. You're right; it just says "Atlus" now and not "Atlus X Dingo." That's crazy.

Can you please just watch the new trailer before claiming that Atlus lied, or that Index ruined them/Sega corrupted them?

Here's a link.

Apparently the new content is just as long as the original game, but I think they were mostly done with it all around the time they debuted the first trailer. Still, for all we know, the delay might've been motivated by something unrelated to Index (possibly distancing the game from the poorly-received anime).

But how is the new story going to tack on to desu2's original endings? this doesnt make sense unless one of the endings in the original game is considered canon

you remember atlus said players can choose to play the "new" scenario as soon as the game starts? this is just incredibly confusing, the original endings were defined by choice, but now that choice is taking away UNLESS you go for a certain canon route, if not, then you cannot even play the game

Can you please just watch the new trailer before claiming that Atlus lied, or that Index ruined them/Sega corrupted them?

Here's a link.

what....? it says 2015.. right?

Yeah, I think I was seeing an older version of that website due to cookie issues. You're right; it just says "Atlus" now and not "Atlus X Dingo." That's crazy.

Yep. I was right, something has changed. The search engine and site description also now states:

ATLUSが贈るPサウンドアクション「ペルソナ4 ダンシング・オールナイト」公式サイト

Not:

ATLUS×DINGOが贈るPサウンドアクション「ペルソナ4 ダンシング・オールナイト」公式サイト.

Dingo must've built the framework and then bailed on them.

There's a reason it was delayed. That may as well be it.

Also note that the original producer, Yosuke Uda, left. Same with Katsura Hashino as chief producer. Now it's all Kazuhisa Wada as producer and director. Something definitely went on with this game's development.

If you search for P4D, it'll still say "ATLUSxDINGO" on the Google description, but that's just because the Google listing hasn't been updated yet. The HTML file just lists "ATLUS" now, as you can see in my above posts.

Dingo probably developed the game the same way Lancarse developed Strange Journey: They help out with the grunt work while Atlus did all the creative aspects.

FluxWaveZ

Dingo probably developed the game the same way Lancarse developed Strange Journey: They help out with the grunt work while Atlus did all the creative aspects.

No, that's not the situation here, because that's exactly how the Persona 4 Arena series was made and it's not like ASW's name was ever dropped like this during development.

Also note that the original producer, Yosuke Uda, left. Same with Katsura Hashino as chief producer. Now it's all Kazuhisa Wada as producer and director. Something definitely went on with this game's development.

If you search for P4D, it'll still say "ATLUSxDINGO" on the Google description, but that's just because the Google listing hasn't been updated yet. The HTML file just lists "ATLUS" now, as you can see in my above posts.

if even katsura hashino left, then basically quality control is gone? hope this doesnt mean p4dancing will be a shallow crappy game. really what is UP with all these atlus problems! i hope they can handle p5 right after seeing all these trouble they have with mere spinoffs

No, that's not the situation here, because that's exactly how the Persona 4 Arena series was made and it's not like ASW's name was ever dropped like this during development.

Yep. You're right. This is indeed something a bit different.

Dingo's site never updated with this new P4D news, either. The only thing they modified was the home page slider and banner image for P4D. They changed it from "©Index Corporation 1996,2013 Produced by ATLUS" to "©ATLUS ©SEGA All rights reserved." on September 12, 2014.

Here are the sliders:

Before September 12 said:

Post September 12 said:

All they changed was the copyrights. Nothing else about P4D on the DINGO corporate site has been changed. This change was made on September 12.

Here are the banners:

Before September 12 said:

Post September 12 said:

So, what is going on, exactly, is a mystery.

Also, you know on p-ch.jp when you view news for a title, the banner of the game and some product info appears below? It also no longer mentions DINGO. Just ATLUS. The only evidence that DINGO ever helped make this game left on ATLUS site is the P4D reveal post on p-ch.jp

So then Atlus themselves are making it now? I guess that would explain why P5 and this game both got delayed.

MSMrRound

if even katsura hashino left, then basically quality control is gone?

You do know that this is almost like saying, if Tetsuya Nomura left Final Fantasy XV for Kingdom Hearts 3, the project is gonna be crappy and doomed to fail?

No, I don't think so. Atlus is going to have their eye on the project. It's not on the kusoge level of the Love Live games on the Vita at least.

I'm also not sure if you noticed it, but you might be unintentionally offending some of the PersonaGAF members with some of your words.

Please try to give more balanced views, instead of itching for the chance to slam Atlus again and again. There are some circumstances that they are not able to control. Try to be more understanding if you can. Thank you.

FluxWaveZ

Hope that Dingo didn't screw up their end of the bargain or something. I like Atlus' collaboration strategy as a way of varying their projects and increasing their potential output and I'm not sure I'd want to see them become much more hesitant or outright abandon ideas because a single circumstance bit them in the ass.

Dingo Social Link reversed.

Acid08

Banned
if even katsura hashino left, then basically quality control is gone? hope this doesnt mean p4dancing will be a shallow crappy game. really what is UP with all these atlus problems! i hope they can handle p5 right after seeing all these trouble they have with mere spinoffs
They had zero probems releasing PQ and Ultimax. Maybe have a little faith, we have no idea what the actual situation here is. Sucks that the game got delayed but hopefully they'll iron out whatever issues it's having and the game becomes better for it.

Hope that Dingo didn't screw up their end of the bargain or something. I like Atlus' collaboration strategy as a way of varying their projects and increasing their potential output and I'm not sure I'd want to see them become much more hesitant or outright abandon ideas because a single circumstance bit them in the ass.

Dingo Social Link reversed.

Dingo being removed from development is quite disappointing but at the same time I am intrigued to see what Atlus come up with on their own and how different it might possibly be.

I'm also not sure if you noticed it, but you might be unintentionally offending some of the PersonaGAF members with some of your words.

Gotta Be careful around those Wada fanboys.

Xenoflare

Kanji just retconned his salaryman outfit.

I'm glad, I like his sporty look

Chie looking fine, although it doesn't really differ from her original design though.

Yosuke is kind of meh.......... I don't know, something about his character model seems off.

Uhh... why does the trailer look like it's lower than 10fps?

You do know that this is almost like saying, if Tetsuya Nomura left Final Fantasy XV for Kingdom Hearts 3, the project is gonna be crappy and doomed to fail?

No, I don't think so. Atlus is going to have their eye on the project. It's not on the kusoge level of the Love Live games on the Vita at least.

Please try to give more balanced views, instead of itching for the chance to slam Atlus again and again. There are some circumstances that they are not able to control. Try to be more understanding if you can. Thank you.

but this is very concerning, it is very stranging to have a game that has been in producing for so long time, then suddenly, producer and director sudden change and swap in completely new ones

how is this now concerning? i think this is legitimate concern

Looks like I didn't miss anything by not getting up early, bummer that DAN is delayed but not exactly surprising at this point I just wonder when it was delayed until. I also wonder how much input Dingo had on DAN as it's kind of disappointing they're gone considering it seem's like they would know how to make a solid rhythm game but I'm also interested to see what Atlus can do.

Acid08

Banned
I wonder if any part if P4D's development got passed to Sega's Miku team. Not sure if they're working on anything right now, f 2nd came out months ago.

I wonder if any part if P4D's development got passed to Sega's Miku team. Not sure if they're working on anything right now, f 2nd came out months ago.

If something happened with Dingo it makes sense that Atlus would go to the Miku team, it would be odd for them not to include that in the trailer but then again they might wait to put that information in a press release explaining that Dingo is gone and the Miku team is in.

Meia

If something happened with Dingo it makes sense that Atlus would go to the Miku team, it would be odd for them not to include that in the trailer but then again they might wait to put that information in a press release explaining that Dingo is gone and the Miku team is in.

They'll wait for it when it's revealed when the game comes out that Kanamin's persona she'll earn through the story is Miku.

I'm not very surprised that DAN is using the old designs as the basis for the defaults however I'll be really disappointed if the epilogue designs aren't in there as costumes.

I am so upset that I woke up to a P4D delay. I didn't even care about P5's delay. :(

What happened to Kanji? And every other character? Does the P4G prologue not exist any more or something? Or is this set before that or something?

Fake edit: WHAT?!?!?! BREAK RECORD GOT A RELEASE DATE?!

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgOMG

you mean epilogue right? the dyed hair thing

Zareka

you mean epilogue right? the dyed hair thing

Yeah, whoops, meant the epilogue. Fixed!

P4G spoilers, I guess?
Yeah, I meant Kanji's dyed hair, Yosuke's hair cut, Chie's longer hair etc. If this is set after the epilogue then they seem to have just completely forgotten the design changes.

Andrefpvs

Yeah, whoops, meant the epilogue. Fixed!

P4G spoilers, I guess?
Yeah, I might Kanji's dyed hair, Yosuke's hair cut, Chie's longer hair etc. If this is set after the epilogue then they seem to have just completely forgotten the design changes.

Kanji has his natural hair colour in the epilogue.

Top Bottom