• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Sophia

No the very first battle after getting your persona on the roof. I did a regular attack just to see how much damage it would do (and saw my 1 skill drained hp). Enemy hit me with a crit which downed me, got another attack and hit me a second time, second enemy hit me and I died.

The tutorial fights were a joke, cast fire on everything into a all out attack didn't get hit once the whole floor

.... you officially have the worst luck ever. I mean, this sequence of events should be almost impossible. Holy crap. o_O;

Kinsei

Banned
No the very first battle after getting your persona on the roof. I did a regular attack just to see how much damage it would do (and saw my 1 skill drained hp). Enemy hit me with a crit which downed me, got another attack and hit me a second time, second enemy hit me and I died.

The tutorial fights were a joke, cast fire on everything into a all out attack didn't get hit once the whole floor

Damn, that's like losing to Blue in Pokemon Red/Blue.

At least everything has been going smoothly since then.

Gawddam breh, that's some X-COM level RNG bullshit.

Sophia

Should be noted hes on hard (unless he chickened out) if that makes a difference

It does slightly. Enemies deal 1.5 times the normal damage on hard. So it makes sense that three consecutive hits before you've gotten any gear would kill. Even then, critical chance doesn't go up, so that's still extraordinary bad luck.

I forsee many cases of getting MegaTen'd in your future, Bass. :p

Caladrius

Finished the first floor of Tatarus I like the dungeon crawl mechanics though hopefully battles add more depth to them other then hit all enemy weak points to down them -> all out attack -> win

Buffs and debuffs are pretty big in the game (though they're fairly basic.) as well as weakness exploitation, and that takes a bit of a backseat with the later bosses.

A large chunk of Persona's strategy is party setup and Persona development. Battles themselves are pretty basic in terms of flow and strategy. (Which is a feature of all SMT games, though Persona 3 and 4 are simplified compared to most of the others. For example you can only apply a single layer of buffs as opposed to 3-4 in the main series. You also have completely fixed party members with predetermined learnsets unlike all other franchise branches, though you do get 6-10 party members to play with.)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Can we all go back to our thread. This is really weird >.<

Nope, too late, you're stuck here with us now.

WpMVhCO.png

Just me nitpicking, but does it seem like she closes her book, then opens it, then closes it again?

Maybe the P4GA anime ending could be good? Just because its the finale, they might make it a lot better in terms of animation quality (hopefully)? At the very least, the extra episode that comes out later should be good.

After an infinite number of people telling me to do so, finally started persona 3 fes. Its my first persona/smt game and I started on hard because I'm crazy lol. Got super unlucky in the first battle the enemy crit me which downed me and I got railed -.- second battle I just went ham with persona skills. Finished the first floor of Tatarus I like the dungeon crawl mechanics though hopefully battles add more depth to them other then hit all enemy weak points to down them -> all out attack -> win

You're a braver man than I. I went with normal to learn the game mechanics.

Now I have to make a choice:

hang out with Kenji or go to athletic team tryouts. I was really interested in going for kendo.

Moonlight

Banned

Now I have to make a choice:

hang out with Kenji or go to athletic team tryouts. I was really interested in going for kendo.
if there's any choice between kenji and literally anything else

go with literally anything else

Maybe the P4GA anime ending could be good? Just because its the finale, they might make it a lot better in terms of animation quality (hopefully)? At the very least, the extra episode that comes out later should be good.

If nothing else, that'll be it over and done with.

if there's any choice between kenji and literally anything else

go with literally anything else
I dunno, man. Surt's kind of useful...

Caladrius

I dunno, man. Surt's kind of useful...

He's good up until you get Odin, who then outclasses him immensely because of Thunder Reign + Elec Amp + Spell master, and to add insult to injury Odin is first available only 5-6 levels later.(Because he's the Ultimate Persona of the Emperor Arcana, he'll automatically learn all three skills as soon as you fuse him, so he's useful immediately.)

If nothing else, that'll be it over and done with.

Well, I personally don't watch TV series/anime much. So, sad as it is, P4GA was (kind of) something I looked forward to each week (admittedly I haven't been watched the last one because of school stuff but I am planning to do so soon). When I watch TV series or anime episodes, usually the whole season or show is already complete when I start, so I can just look up the next episode when I feel like it and not be forced to wait until the next episode is released.

Hey PGaf, I was wondering if you could help me with something. I'm going for the platinum in P4G, and I'm curious about the conditions for one of the later trophies. (P4 Spoilers)
For the Margaret fight, I know you have to max her social link and defeat all of the hidden bosses by a certain point. My question is, is that certain point the opening of Magatsu Inaba or your completion of it? I'm on December 16th, and I have her social link maxed and have beaten all the hidden bosses except for the Heaven one. I had planned to do that the same day I beat Adachi, to minimize the amount of time I spent in the TV. Will I still unlock the fight?

Caladrius

Hey PGaf, I was wondering if you could help me with something. I'm going for the platinum in P4G, and I'm curious about the conditions for one of the later trophies. (P4 Spoilers)
For the Margaret fight, I know you have to max her social link and defeat all of the hidden bosses by a certain point. My question is, is that certain point the opening of Magatsu Inaba or your completion of it? I'm on December 16th, and I have her social link maxed and have beaten all the hidden bosses except for the Heaven one. I had planned to do that the same day I beat Adachi, to minimize the amount of time I spent in the TV. Will I still unlock the fight?

By the time you complete the Dungeon, I do believe.

Meia

Haha damn how low is the crit chance of those foes?

Since they're the first enemies in the game, fairly low. Special physical moves at that point would have a higher base crit chance. :p

Of course, this won't be the last time this happens to you, and with a game design that has "if the MC dies ever you instantly get a game over", yeah. I remember getting to the end of a block recently and one of the boss shadows there literally one shot critting the MC, and Mitsuru's line was something like "In only one strike?!" That mirrored my own reaction fairly well. :p

Oh I did want to ask, is there ever a reason to split up the party when exploring the dungeon? Will senpai always tell me when the floor is cleared of enemies? Or is this mostly a way to speed up the lower floors later in the game so you can get further in the tower?

Now I have to make a coices:

Go with Kenji. :O
She is an empress for a reason.

Also, my first post on PersonaGAF, Hello everyone!

Welcome, dude! youarehereforever.jpg

Haha damn how low is the crit chance of those foes?
You should receive a hidden trophy for losing the tutorial battle. lol Just kidding, man. Bad luck happens. XD

Oh I did want to ask, is there ever a reason to split up the party when exploring the dungeon? Will senpai always tell me when the floor is cleared of enemies? Or is this mostly a way to speed up the lower floors later in the game so you can get further in the tower?

Splitting up the party is used to explore the floor faster, find chests, and get each member more exp than if you fought with them together. It's not really effective since you'll get more exp by getting the wand cards during shuffle time and it can even be a nuisance if they are fighting a shadow and you move up the floor since they will get left behind.

Also I believe splitting up the party on a floor that's cleared immediately summons the reaper.

So Margaret may be the greatest thing ever! Holy fuck those sprite animations look fantastic!

And no headband Margaret........... I'm in!

If she's not in the P5 velvet room in some capacity, the new attendant better be something special!

Splitting up the party is used to explore the floor faster, find chests, and get each member more exp than if you fought with them together. It's not really effective since you'll get more exp by getting the wand cards during shuffle time and it can even be a nuisance if they are fighting a shadow and you move up the floor since they will get left behind.

Also I believe splitting up the party on a floor that's cleared immediately summons the reaper.

So don't bother splitting up the party gotcha thanks

Meia

Floors are never really cleared anyway since the enemies infinitely respawn. The Reaper is something that exists just to keep you from staying on one floor more than a specific time period. You can give each individual member more experience, and you can even babysit them if they're in their own battle by healing them outside of it so they still get full EXP, but by and large it's something you're really never better off doing. It was one of the things that was removed from Persona 4, and I wasn't sad by it's passing. :p

I feel like I'm not gonna be posting much with Ultimax coming next week. PersonaGaf is a predominantly fighting game fan community, I wish I could be as excited as you all for the game. I will be playing the story, and that's about it. Then on to waiting for Q to drop :p

Mdesilva

Sweet. How's the Yukari training going silva?
Pretty good, I have 2/3 of her main combo routes nailed down for the most part. The last one involves a lot of wall stick moves (which requires held button inputs) and it's a bit weird. But once I get that down I'll be able to do /most/ of her combos.

Pressure is severely lacking, though- I'm pretty predictable on when I attack/what I use to attack. I need a lot of work there and in defense in general as well. But overall, I really like the character and I'm going to continue to main her. Definitely subbing Margaret, though <3

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Seeing as this group has a lot of people who like drawing, and we can all spare five minutes at some point, how about we try a five minute drawing challenge?

As the name suggests, you have five minutes to draw something Persona related (we could either pick a subject or just have people do whatever they want).

There wouldn’t be anything to stop you cheating and going over the time limit, but it’s only a bit of fun, so there wouldn’t really be any point to it.

Thoughts?

Pretty good, I have 2/3 of her main combo routes nailed down for the most part. The last one involves a lot of wall stick moves (which requires held button inputs) and it's a bit weird. But once I get that down I'll be able to do /most/ of her combos.

Pressure is severely lacking, though- I'm pretty predictable on when I attack/what I use to attack. I need a lot of work there and in defense in general as well. But overall, I really like the character and I'm going to continue to main her. Definitely subbing Margaret, though <3

Sounds like your starting to get the hang of her. I still plan on subbing her eventually. I'll be on ultimax for the next hour, you up for a few games?

Top Bottom