• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Setsu00

Seeing as this group has a lot of people who like drawing, and we can all spare five minutes at some point, how about we try a five minute drawing challenge?

As the name suggests, you have five minutes to draw something Persona related (we could either pick a subject or just have people do whatever they want).

There wouldn’t be anything to stop you cheating and going over the time limit, but it’s only a bit of fun, so there wouldn’t really be any point to it.

Thoughts?

I'd be in, but I don't have time for this until tomorrow.

1T4XkuQ.gif
Gorgeous.
Better yet, stay away from any persona videos at all- I was listening to one of the Persona game's songs on YT, and in the related videos were spoilers (in the titles/preview pics) for P3 and P4. Wound up spoiling a bit of both for me at the time
Yeah, and even if the videos are not spoilery at all, don't look into the comments. There will always that one dude.
This just confirms that Margaret is the most beautiful female in P4 imo. *-*
While I won't say if she's the most beautiful, but imo Yukiko has the best design in Persona 4.

arue

Seeing as this group has a lot of people who like drawing, and we can all spare five minutes at some point, how about we try a five minute drawing challenge?

As the name suggests, you have five minutes to draw something Persona related (we could either pick a subject or just have people do whatever they want).

There wouldn’t be anything to stop you cheating and going over the time limit, but it’s only a bit of fun, so there wouldn’t really be any point to it.

Thoughts?
I'm in. Is there a specific theme for it besides being Persona-related?

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Good to see a few people are in.

I'm not going to decide unanimously what exactly we're drawing. Would people prefer it if we set a theme/character or if we just gave people choice to draw whatever they want?

Mdesilva

Good to see a few people are in.

I'm not going to decide unanimously what exactly we're drawing. Would people prefer it if we set a theme/character or if we just gave people choice to draw whatever they want?
Oh, I thought we were just supposed to draw whatever. I actually did it already, lol

DISCLAIMER: I didn't get to time myself, but I was checking my watch so it was somewhere around five minutes
and I also didn't use a reference :p

It uhh… well, it definitely looks like it was done in five minutes :S

Hey GAF, quick question regarding Persona 4: Golden. When you max a social link with certain people,
like Yukiko, you get a key object needed for fusing a pretty powerful persona
. My question is, I got it because I chose de dating path with her, will I still get those from other people if I choose not to cheat on her? Do they give it to you if you choose the "just friends" path with them?

Hey GAF, quick question regarding Persona 4: Golden. When you max a social link with certain people,
. My question is, I got it because I chose de dating path with her, will I still get those from other people if I choose not to cheat on her? Do they give it to you if you choose the "just friends" path with them?

Yup, so long as you reach rank 10, you get the item, regardless of which path you take. Also, there is no downside to dating EVERYONE, unlike P3.

Valentines day rejection scenes excluded. God I hated to watch those, made me feel like a piece of shit, well done writers.

MSMrRound

Do they give it to you if you choose the "just friends" path with them?

As long as it's max level, they will pass you the item needed to fuse the most powerful Persona of that Arcana. Also, don't worry about cheating all that much. There's no dire consequences...except
for a particular event happening near the end game...

Yeah, friends or dating doesn't matter, you'll get access to the ultimate persona so long as you max the social link. All dating does is change a couple scenes in the social link and unlock a few date only scenes.

MSMrRound

What is the consequence in P3 FES if you try to date more then 1 girl?

Reverse social links can occur I think...

There was even a system in which...after you approach one girl for S Link, if you approach another girl afterwards, you MUST approach girl one within a certain amount of days or else her mood will sour and she might reverse s link with you.

Copy-paste:

how the system worked:
"This will happen to any of your s.links that you haven't spoken to in over 60 days, or 45 days if it's with one of your romance options and they're past a certain rank (usually between ranks 5-7). It gets even shorter if you're dating multiple girls and none of their links have been maxed. "
I like to see that coming back to play as a meta thing in Persona 5.

Sophia

What is the consequence in P3 FES if you try to date more then 1 girl?

Basically, don't schedule two events on the same day by accident while trying to keep in contact with them all in the timeframe MSMrRound noted. Or they'll reverse/break and you won't get that precious bonus XP any more.

FluxWaveZ

So I don't really follow animation studios or the differences between them, but is there any indication as to which one might be working on Persona 5, based on the recent trailer?

Sophia

It's hard to say. I want to say it's A-1 Productions again, seeing as they did work for vanilla Persona 4, and the style and quality are most consistent with theirs. I don't think it's Madhouse (Arena/Ultimax), Satelight (Persona 2 PSP) or Studio 4°C (Catherine) however. It doesn't have that shiny clean look that Madhouse does, or the stylized look that Studio 4°C has.

Yup, so long as you reach rank 10, you get the item, regardless of which path you take. Also, there is no downside to dating EVERYONE, unlike P3.

Valentines day rejection scenes excluded. God I hated to watch those, made me feel like a piece of shit, well done writers.

As long as it's max level, they will pass you the item needed to fuse the most powerful Persona of that Arcana. Also, don't worry about cheating all that much. There's no dire consequences...except
for a particular event happening near the end game...

Yeah, friends or dating doesn't matter, you'll get access to the ultimate persona so long as you max the social link. All dating does is change a couple scenes in the social link and unlock a few date only scenes.

Thanks to all! I guess I'll leave the Don Juan attitude for the NG+ if at all. I haven't read your spoilers but I'm guessing that there are some consequences after all for pursuing all the girls.

I'm really enjoying the game, and I'm only in mid August.

Meia

Thanks to all! I guess I'll leave the Don Juan attitude for the NG+ if at all. I haven't read your spoilers but I'm guessing that there are some consequences after all for pursuing all the girls.

I'm really enjoying the game, and I'm only in mid August.

Well, in persona 3 you don't have a choice to be romantic with the female characters or not, all routes are romantic only. Your best bet is to start one then fully finish it before you start another. You can max all links in one run, but you have to follow a guide that's pretty much to the day(with maybe 2 or 3 days left free), so not much wiggle room.

Basically, just have fun playing it the first time. :D

FluxWaveZ

A-1 Pictures seems to be the predominant thought. I'm fine with whatever, as long as the cutscenes look good. I can't say Persona 5's trailer looked "amazing", but it looked alright.

To he honest the OG P4 cutscenes were nothing special. If all the P5 ones look like that trailer, I'll be happy, not astounded, but happy.

That P5 trailer was certainly better than the original P4 cutscenes. Perhaps on par with Catherine's (that one was a weird case, though, because oftentimes I felt I'd rather see the 3D models than the animated cutscenes). I'll be just fine if P5's scenes are of the trailer's quality.

A-1 Pictures seems to be the predominant thought. I'm fine with whatever, as long as the cutscenes look good. I can't say Persona 5's trailer looked "amazing", but it looked alright.

To he honest the OG P4 cutscenes were nothing special. If all the P5 ones look like that trailer, I'll be happy, not astounded, but happy.

Xenoflare

Liz and Marge looked quite awful in the Ultimax cutscenes, evident in the Japanese Marge trailer.... uhh....

I remember Yukari's hair looking completely different from her in game model/art in the end of FES.

However if Catherine is any indication, P5 will be fine. It looked great, be it the "in engine" cutscenes or the animations

The cutscene used for the P5 trailer looked fine, nothing fantastic but not distracting like P3's cutscenes, I do wish it was more like the Catherine stuff though as I seem to remember that looking great. I would also love to know how much this stuff tends to cost.

Kinsei

Banned
The cutscene used for the P5 trailer looked fine, nothing fantastic but not distracting like P3's cutscenes, I do wish it was more like the Catherine stuff though as I seem to remember that looking great. I would also love to know how much this stuff tends to cost.

I like the style of the P3 cutscenes more than the one used in P4G. They were really unsettling, and I thought that it fit the game really well.

I like the style of the P3 cutscenes more than the one used in P4G. They were really unsettling, and I thought that it fit the game really well.

I'll second liking the P3 cutscenes. Technically, they were pretty bad in that character proportions never seemed quite right, they were a couple inaccuracies, and Yukari never really looked like her actual design, but they had a lot of style. This one is my favourite

Late-game P3 spoilers: h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoM-3qQ3tOM&list=PL3FA7B970DA1DF83E&index=48

Sorry for the URL, but I thought the thumbnail would be a pretty bad spoiler for those just starting P3.

Meia

Is there any word on when the second Persona 3 movie will be released on bluray?

No, if history holds true it'll be in December with the 3rd movie released in January(first movie blu-ray came out 6 months after theater release, with the new movie a month after).

Only thing that worries me about this idea is we don't have a release date for the third movie yet, and I think we had a date for the second movie before the date for the first blu-ray...

I'll admit that P3 at least had some more memorable animated cutscenes like the awakening scene whereas with P4 nothing really stands out apart from the intro, but overall I just don't find most of it appealing to look it

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yep. And i found exp from the card was a much more effective way of getting exp than from actually fighting (IIRC?)

When you get the higher leveled ones? Yeah, totally.

Rank 1: Multiplies EXP by 1.2
Rank 2: Multiplies EXP by 1.4
Rank 3: Multiplies EXP by 1.6
Rank 4: Multiplies EXP by 1.8
Rank 5: Multiplies EXP by 2.0
Rank 6: Multiplies EXP by 2.2
Rank 7: Multiplies EXP by 2.4
Rank 8: Multiplies EXP by 2.6
Rank 9: Multiplies EXP by 2.8
Rank 10: Multiplies EXP by 3.0

So, if you see the Wand cards. Get those first.

Reverse social links can occur I think...

There was even a system in which...after you approach one girl for S Link, if you approach another girl afterwards, you MUST approach girl one within a certain amount of days or else her mood will sour and she might reverse s link with you.

Or you can max out one girl at a time and not get close to any consequences.
God, I love P4 for giving us platonic routes.

Not to mention that a lot of the platonic routes are more interesting than the romance ones, at least to me.

Yeah. It's a shame I can't find any of them on Youtube.
Unless my worst nightmare has come true and Marie is a forced romance.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Oh, I thought we were just supposed to draw whatever. I actually did it already, lol

DISCLAIMER: I didn't get to time myself, but I was checking my watch so it was somewhere around five minutes
and I also didn't use a reference :p

It uhh… well, it definitely looks like it was done in five minutes :S

Boom. Good to get the ball rolling. Democracy in action!

Everyone draw what they want.

*Bang* ORPHEUS

CuhFPas.jpg

I used the Persona illustration for reference because my detail recall isn;t that good. I expected to get a lot more drawn in 5 mins than I did. It's a real challenge.

arue

Not counting the time to change the color of the lines (from black to blue), this took me exactly 5 minutes.

No reference because I drew him a bunch of times that I already memorized his features~

Mdesilva

I drew Margaret! Really excited for this character's release today. Tell me what you think of it- I always want feedback! :)

(Note: this has absolutely nothing to do with the five-minute drawing challenge, lol)

Thoughts?

...Sure, why not.

EDIT: Oh god, I just saw this:

Not counting the time to change the color of the lines (from black to blue), this took me exactly 5 minutes.

No reference because I drew him a bunch of times that I already memorized his features~

I swear I wasn't copying you! D:

arue

EDIT: Oh god, I just saw this:

I swear I wasn't copying you! D:
It's okay, I know a lot of people likes P3MC and portrait drawings are the easiest to draw. Nice drawing by the way!

I drew Margaret! Really excited for this character's release today. Tell me what you think of it- I always want feedback! :)

(Note: this has absolutely nothing to do with the five-minute drawing challenge, lol)

I think her mouth is kind of crooked. Maybe you can tilt it to the right a little?
I think you're improving; keep up the good work.

Top Bottom