• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

arue

Now that FFXV is revealed with a longer trailer and a gameplay demo, do you guys think that Persona 5 will lose its spot as Famitsu's #1 most wanted game? Or is it still going to be #1?

How often does Famitsu do the pool for its most wanted games anyway?

Atlus' TGS stage show was a bummer. I even changed my avatar to reflect that feeling.

arue

Persona 5 isn't Famitsu's most wanted.

And it's either done on a bi-weekly or monthly basis.

I remember it was #1 back then; I don't know when. Or maybe I mistook the information from other magazines (hopefully not).

If it's done bi-weekly or monthly then no wonder it's not most wanted anymore.

LX_Theo

Banned
She sounded exactly the same to me when I was playing P4AU's story, and in that trailer as well.

I went back to listen to some of Arena's dialogue of her's... I'd say its definitely the same voice actress. But it still sounds to me like she's not delivering it the line in the same voice she used before. Its like its just noticeably a bit lower pitch and a tad less nasally (for lack of a better term). Less exaggerated maybe?

Holy Christ that S.Mitsuru combo! That's fucking terrifying!

Also, its probably just Tara Platt delivering Liz's lines differently (for whatever reason).
Let's face it, if she's doing Mitsuru, there's literally no reason why she wouldn't also do Liz.

Xenoflare

Holy Christ that S.Mitsuru combo! That's fucking terrifying!

Also, its probably just Tara Platt delivering Liz's lines differently (for whatever reason).
Let's face it, if she's doing Mitsuru, there's literally no reason why she wouldn't also do Liz.

I don't think she sounds much different from the orginal P4A, but her pitch indeed sounds lower compared to P3. I like her new direction.

Most of the P3 cast sounds a bit different compared to the original game, but I like them for the most part.

I'm actually glad that English Liz did not try to match up her Japanese counterpart, Liz almost sounds like two different characters between versions but I love both.

Seems like I was way behind the news. I didn't know it's updated bi-weekly or monthly. Nevermind that I asked anything about P5 :p

It will still be interesting to see where FFXV and P5 end up, it seems like in the most recent vote P5 was almost 400 votes ahead of FFXV which was before TGS, so it'll be interesting to see how big the gap is between the two now that TGS has come and gone.

Windam

Scaley member
Arena Ultimax pre-ordered. Yay for Tarot cards and inflatable Teddie!

Now I just need to pre-order Q. I really want the LE but can't justify spending $80 CAD on it. :(

PK Gaming

The cute laminated keychain I bought from creylune just came in.

2014%2B-%2B1

Her stuff's not limited to Persona either. She's got Kill la Kill, Madoka Magica and Free keychains as well. You guys should definitely check it out.

misterF

Neo Member
So I finished Persona 4 Golden yesterday (not really spoilers):

Despite him being a permanent member of my party, it took me until the final boss fight to realise that Teddie shouts "Bearsona" instead of "Persona"

My mind was blown.

So I finished Persona 4 Golden yesterday (not really spoilers):

Despite him being a permanent member of my party, it took me until the final boss fight to realise that Teddie shouts "Bearsona" instead of "Persona"

My mind was blown.

Welcome to the PUNgle. We've got fun and games.

Edit: God damn you, Caladrius. You mad genius.

Only just finished P4G w/True Ending for the first time. Awesome game and really does seriously enhance the base PS2 game. Never finished the original but went back to where I left off and am already missing the costume changes for one.

Add: now paying attention to see what the fighters are about, maybe pick up the first for 360 cheap

QuadOpto

You should just wait to pick up the second one, as it'll sooner or later include a DLC that literally is the exact story mode from the 1st. Also, with free character DLC coming out within a first week of launch, and the fact that the 1st one's story is really messy anyway, the 1st Arena is just completely obsolete in every way.

Kinsei

Banned
I figure I'll ask here. How the hell are you supposed to deal with Gigadyne in the Shadow Mitsuo fight in P4G?

I searched online, but it seems like everyone gives tips on how to deal with the baby and not how to deal with the second shell.

I figure I'll ask here. How the hell are you supposed to deal with Gigadyne in the Shadow Mitsuo fight in P4G?

I searched online, but it seems like everyone gives tips on how to deal with the baby and not how to deal with the second shell.

Gigadyne is a pain, but there's nothing you can really DO about it. My plan always was, attack with 3 heal with 1 and just take the hit.

It's the bombs you have to worry about, enervation is a bitch!

Kinsei

Banned
Gigadyne is a pain, but there's nothing you can really DO about it. My plan always was, attack with 3 heal with 1 and just take the hit.

It's the bombs you have to worry about, enervation is a bitch!

Then I guess I need to grind since Yukiko's strongest group healing spell is still Media.

This sucks, especially since I managed to make it through P3 without grinding.

Caladrius

The Great Kujikawa Tofu Run

Needs Twintails, no car owned by Rise wouldn't have them.

I figure I'll ask here. How the hell are you supposed to deal with Gigadyne in the Shadow ______ fight in P4G?

Unfortunately the best you can do with Gigadyne is to keep up Tarunda and Rakukaja and revive any party members if they get killed. Really the only way to counter it completely is to destroy the shell before it can get in an attack by pummeling it with Fire Amp+MindCharge+Agidyne-equipped Black Frost, Yukiko, Kanji and someone else with not-crap offense. (and this may or may not require buffs to work, I don't quite remember.)

If you need to grind keep in mind that if you find a golden hand on one floor you can usually find it again if you switch floors and immediately head back.

PK Gaming

Then I guess I need to grind since Yukiko's strongest group healing spell is still Media.

This sucks, especially since I managed to make it through P3 without grinding.

First off, do you have Black Frost? The Mind Charge + Agidyne combo makes this a fight significantly easier. If not, try to fuse it immediately. If you can't, you're underlevelled.

The general set up is Yosuke, Kanji and Teddie.

The proagonist relies on Mind Charge / Agidyne spam to deal heavy damage / prevent the boss from raising it's shield. Yosuke is on support (items, backup offense, etc) due to his natural speed. Kanji should spam Fatal End, and Teddie is on healing duty. (He should have access to Mediarama if i'm not mistaken). If you can get Teddie to level 42, he'll learn Matarukaja (+Atk to the entire party). If you're absolutely desperate, then use this:

EXP trick said:
1) Go through a dungeon and search for a golden hand shadow and kill it
2) Go the the next floor.
3) Return to the previous floor. The golden hand should respawn (most of the time)

For EXP

Remember: Grinding for pure levels won't get you any stronger; you need to overcome the boss with strategy.

Kinsei

Banned
First off, do you have Black Frost? The Mind Charge + Agidyne combo makes this a fight significantly easier. If not, try to fuse it immediately. If you can't, you're underlevelled.

The general set up is Yosuke, Kanji and Teddie.

The proagonist relies on Mind Charge / Agidyne spam to deal heavy damage / prevent the boss from raising it's shield. Yosuke is on support (items, backup offense, etc) due to his natural speed. Kanji should spam Fatal End, and Teddie is on healing duty. (He should have access to Mediarama if i'm not mistaken). If you can get Teddie to level 42, he'll learn Matarukaja (+Atk to the entire party). If you're absolutely desperate, then use this:

For EXP

Remember: Grinding for pure levels won't get you any stronger; you need to overcome the boss with strategy.

I wasn't a high enough level to fuse Black Frost. I leveled up until I could, and then managed to beat him pretty easily. Thanks for the help!

Hey PersonaGAF,

I just cracked open P3 FES and now started playing it.

I'm very new to the series, so I know nothing and haven't learned of any spoilers so far.

Just thought I'd introduce myself.

MSMrRound

Hey PersonaGAF,

I just cracked open P3 FES and now started playing it.

I'm very new to the series, so I know nothing and haven't learned of any spoilers so far.

Just thought I'd introduce myself.

Welcome. Just stay off almost all Persona 3 related Youtube videos and you are good. Hope you'll come to love P3FES. It was my very first Persona game as well.

biodude

Neo Member
Welcome. Just stay off almost all Persona 3 related Youtube videos and you are good. Hope you'll come to love P3FES. It was my very first Persona game as well.

Better yet, stay away from any persona videos at all- I was listening to one of the Persona game's songs on YT, and in the related videos were spoilers (in the titles/preview pics) for P3 and P4. Wound up spoiling a bit of both for me at the time

After an infinite number of people telling me to do so, finally started persona 3 fes. Its my first persona/smt game and I started on hard because I'm crazy lol. Got super unlucky in the first battle the enemy crit me which downed me and I got railed -.- second battle I just went ham with persona skills. Finished the first floor of Tatarus I like the dungeon crawl mechanics though hopefully battles add more depth to them other then hit all enemy weak points to down them -> all out attack -> win

Soulflarz

Banned
After an infinite number of people telling me to do so, finally started persona 3 fes. Its my first persona/smt game and I started on hard because I'm crazy lol. Got super unlucky in the first battle the enemy crit me which downed me and I got railed -.- second battle I just went ham with persona skills. Finished the first floor of Tatarus I like the dungeon crawl mechanics though hopefully battles add more depth to them other then hit all enemy weak points to down them -> all out attack -> win

Welcome to PersonaGAF! (Also heads up- play DR1/2 if you want to understand half this thread :p)

Welcome Bass.

Welcome to PersonaGAF! (Also heads up- play DR1/2 if you want to understand half this thread :p)

I own all the persona games minus the fighting game cross overs thanks to various psn sales lol I do plan to play all 5 games eventually though p3fes and either p4 or p4g if I have a vita are my top priorities

Sophia

Welcome to PersonaGAF.

When you say first battle, do you mean the first battle after the tutorial? Because it's not possible to lose anything in the tutorial unless you're blatantly not paying attention to what Mitsuru is saying. Or you're hitting wait every time.

Welcome to PersonaGAF.

When you say first battle, do you mean the first battle after the tutorial? Because it's not possible to lose anything in the tutorial unless you're blatantly not paying attention to what Mitsuru is saying. Or you're hitting wait every time.

No the very first battle after getting your persona on the roof. I did a regular attack just to see how much damage it would do (and saw my 1 skill drained hp). Enemy hit me with a crit which downed me, got another attack and hit me a second time, second enemy hit me and I died.

The tutorial fights were a joke, cast fire on everything into a all out attack didn't get hit once the whole floor

Top Bottom