• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

FireSol

Hmm...after playing Etrian Odyssey Untold demo im exited to play PQ more now, not just because its Persona game, but because i really enjoyed EO style of gameplay with this map drawing stuff

Nachos

Hmm...after playing Etrian Odyssey Untold demo im exited to play PQ more now, not just because its Persona game, but because i really enjoyed EO style of gameplay with this map drawing stuff

If you haven't already, you should try the EO4 demo, too. Its story isn't in your face as much (which might be good or bad, as dictated by personal preference), but I think the gameplay is much, much better. Plus, you have more freedom in how you can tailor your party to your needs, which is going to be more like how Q will handle things.

Welcome to Cartographers Anonymous.

Meia

To be fair, I've never really been able to beat most SMT games since they bore me enough part way through without a strong narrative/characters to keep me going(barring SMT1, funnily enough), but didn't really have this problem with EO4. There's just enough of an overarching story and characters(some of which can join your guild/party) to keep me playing through to the end. That and map drawing I found to be somewhat addictive. :p

But yeah, definitely fire up the EO4 demo.

MSMrRound

Was it really that poorly-received? Looking at the Wikipedia entry for Dingo, it looks like they released three volumes of it.

The three volumes were actually released at the same time.

Love Live features 9 members in this "school idol" group. Love Live game had it such as each volume is dedicated to 3 of the girls, or the "sub-group" that they are in. Way to gouge the money of the fans.

The Love Live games faced quite a bit of trouble during development, and were pushed back a few times. In the end though, the games still seem rather crappy and only gullible (or really) faithful Love Live fans would spring for it. Plenty of one star reviews via Amazon customer feedback.

While it's good to see Dingo is still involved in some way, it sounded to me like Atlus felt like they were going to be affected by Dingo's trouble/delay with the Love Live games and decided to take some measures on their own.

I don't mind the delay if it's for them to polish up the game. Would rather have them release a decent than one hastily rushed out game.

It's good to hear that Dingo is still involved in DAN and that Atlus is just taking more control, hopefully this means Dingo has put the foundations in place for the mechanics and such while Atlus handles the rest from there. I have to say that these past few days have put my thoughts on DAN all over the place.

redhairedking

The three volumes were actually released at the same time.

Love Live features 9 members in this "school idol" group. Love Live game had it such as each volume is dedicated to 3 of the girls, or the "sub-group" that they are in. Way to gouge the money of the fans.

The Love Live games faced quite a bit of trouble during development, and were pushed back a few times. In the end though, the games still seem rather crappy and only gullible (or really) faithful Love Live fans would spring for it. Plenty of one star reviews via Amazon customer feedback.

While it's good to see Dingo is still involved in some way, it sounded to me like Atlus felt like they were going to be affected by Dingo's trouble/delay with the Love Live games and decided to take some measures on their own.

I don't mind the delay if it's for them to polish up the game. Would rather have them release a decent than one hastily rushed out game.

As long as DAN looks nicer than LL SIP I'll be fine

Levito

Banned
Good Sunday to you all, here's the latest episode of the podcast:

(click image for episode link)

Was tons of fun. Time to start working on getting all of PGAF cosplaying as every Persona character ever for EVO 2015.

biodude

Neo Member
Hey pgaf, I've got my updated Junpei cosplay ready for AWA con next week! Just have to shave my beard a bit to look like his, adjust my necklace chain (too long, cant see it atm), and wear the little chain on the pants. Going to adjust white belt down a bit as well.

b581894477.jpg

Any other Persona cosplayers here going to AWA?

Hey pgaf, I've got my updated Junpei cosplay ready for AWA con next week! Just have to shave my beard a bit to look like his, adjust my necklace chain (too long, cant see it atm), and wear the little chain on the pants. Going to adjust white belt down a bit as well.

That is a very good cosplay! Well done!

Also, hi Persona GAF. I never come in here because this thread moves crazy fast and I don't want to spend all my time on it. :(

PK Gaming

b581894477.jpg

76454_1255999098.jpg

Zareka

b581894477.jpg

Wow, that's really awesome dude. Spot on cosplay! Definitely one of the better ones I've seen.

Mdesilva

If you follow me on Twitter, I've already been spamming you guys with my attempts at drawing over the past few days. But I figured I'd post this one here anyways since it's Persona-related. Not even my favorite out of what I've done so far, and it's sorta unfinished, but… whatever.

>_>

Hey pgaf, I've got my updated Junpei cosplay ready for AWA con next week!
This is amazing, dude! You really look like da man!

If you follow me on Twitter, I've already been spamming you guys with my attempts at drawing over the past few days. But I figured I'd post this one here anyways since it's Persona-related. Not even my favorite out of what I've done so far, and it's sorta unfinished, but… whatever.

>_>

I have been off on twitter so I missed this! I really liked the sketch. I think you have done a great work with her hair and the gaze looks really cool.

FluxWaveZ

Never thought that I would see Flux get rekt. O_O

Wasn't expecting an 0 - 6 loss like that when I had sent the same player to losers earlier in the tourney, but it happens. I'm just glad I made it to 2nd, and a loss like that shows I have a lot more to learn, too.

What was the prize? Bragging rights?

Nothing material for this one, though I'm not sure anyone really tries to win these tourneys to brag, either. I think these regular ones are mostly for fun but, yeah, it also does feel nice to know you got first.

There's gonna be a launch week Giant Bomb tournament with more substantial prizes, like a 2DS.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Wasn't expecting an 0 - 6 loss like that when I had sent the same player to losers earlier in the tourney, but it happens. I'm just glad I made it to 2nd, and a loss like that shows I have a lot more to learn, too.

What was the prize? Bragging rights?

Nothing material for this one, though I'm not sure anyone really tries to win these tourneys to brag, either. I think these regular ones are mostly for fun but, yeah, it also does feel nice to know you got first.

There's gonna be a launch week Giant Bomb tournament with more substantial prizes, like a 2DS.

I'll brag mostly because I hardly win. hehehehe eh?

A 2DS sounds nice. Rather have the 3DS though.

There are two launch week Ultimax tournaments going on in the city where I live. I'm honestly trying to decide which one I have a better chance at winning before I sign up, lol.

KuroNeeko

Aw man,

I hope someone didn't just spoil Persona 4's ending on a Dancing All Night Youtube trailer... :/

Very first comment said - (DON'T READ IF PLAYING PS4!)
Adachi was a bad guy.

I'm still playing through it for the first time, but have managed to stay spoiler-free until now.
Feels bad, mayne. ;.;

Aw man,

I hope someone didn't just spoil Persona 4's ending on a Dancing All Night Youtube trailer... :/

Adachi was a bad guy.

I'm still playing through it for the first time, but have managed to stay spoiler-free until now.
Feels bad, mayne. ;.;

Don't worry. Without going into detail or confirming/denying anything, even if that was true, the final story structure would make it a far smaller piece of the puzzle than you fear.

Nachos

Aw man,

Adachi was a bad guy.

Feels bad, mayne. ;.;

Don't worry about it; Adachi's just become a bit of a meme ever since a certain fancomic took some "interesting" liberties a few years ago. You have nothing to worry about.

Just keep playing, avoid YouTube comments (as you should be anyway, just on principle), and come back here when you get to late November/early December for help getting the true ending. Also, if you're playing Golden, be sure to max all the main character social links (party members/Nanako/Dojima/Adachi/Marie) by late December/early January to ensure you see the most content.

You could've had things a lot worse, so try watching YouTube incognito so that you don't get video recommendations for later parts in the game, either.

P4GA episode 11 is the absolute worst.

Good thing I skipped it. Needed a breather from all of it. Its kind of a shame since there's only another episode to finish it, but I don't regret it one bit. With Ultima releasing next week, missing out on this doesn't affect me too much. Gonna be seeing the P3/P4 gang in it's true glory (somewhat LOL) then.

Which reminds me, of those with the import copy that went through the campaign, what did you think of it? Is it solid? Does it have a good closure?

Style

Banned
Aigis, Teddie, Junpei............Nanako........................

Kashiwagi?

I thought it was something like that at first, but I think that it's Yumi Kawamura, Lotus Juice and Shihoko Hirata in the box.

Top Bottom