• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Satomi Tadashi is a hideous loser freak with absolutely no redeeming qualities who pervs on other women and is somehow the one true love of Tamaki even though she's the protagonist of a game and kinda is always disgusted by him.

Otherwise I don't know.

Satomi Tadashi self-inserted himself in P2 Innocent Sin as Tadashi, a detective working in the Kuzunoha Detective alongside his girlfriend Tamaki (the MC of SMT If...)

The situation was so fanfic-ish and BAD (alongside with the fact that Tamaki is inspired after an idol Satomi Tadashi was a fan of, that Tadashi never appeared in Eternal Punishment, supposedly chased by hired assassins.

In conclusions, fans didn't want the writer hog a waifu for himself.

EDIT: Well, Tadashi also appeared in P1, forgot about that. But it wasn't until P2 that the situation became cringeworthy.

Thanks for the answers guys! I actually read about that the first time I played through Innocent Sin, but I had totally forgotten.

Sophia

I did preorder (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KBD4SJA/?tag=neogaf0e-20).

However, there's nothing on the site that suggests it comes with those extras.

AtlusPrime, any chance you could let me know for certain before Monday? I think that's when they plan on shipping it.

I dunno what you're seeing, but it says it right there.

Inflatable Teddie Bop Bag with Pre-order
Pre-order Persona 4 Arena Ultimax for PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 and receive an inflatable Teddie in bop bag form and Part 1 of the Persona Tarot Card Collection. Teddie bop bag and tarot cards will be packaged with the game. Also get two new DLC characters: <spoilerman> and Marie are FREE to download* during the first week after launch. *Download for FREE from PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE from 9/30/14 to 10/6/14. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all pre-orders. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. See Terms and Conditions.

Proof. (Note that the DLC character is mentioned in the info.)

Xenoflare

Just to confirm, aside from the two DLC characters being free on the first week of release for Ultimax, the original P4A story mode DLC is also free during the first week right?

Xeteh

P4AU cannot release fast enough. I've been counting the days for that game. Any clue on how much the DLC characters will cost?

Despite the fact that I'm going to have to have someone talk me through the DLC side of things (getting a US copy but live in UK), I am super hyped for Ultimax.

Especially since it's shipping a day early too :p Hopefully should have it by friday or saturday.

Lemstar

Despite the fact that I'm going to have to have someone talk me through the DLC side of things (getting a US copy but live in UK), I am super hyped for Ultimax.

Especially since it's shipping a day early too :p Hopefully should have it by friday or saturday.
1. make a PSN account and set your country to United States
2. On Tuesday after the store updates (~9PM where you live?), log onto the web store and "buy" the DLC

You can make the account ahead of time, so you might as well get it out of the way.

FluxWaveZ

Heh, even Ultimax is being affected by the PSN issues. Everyone got booted out of a full 32 player lobby, and connection issues are wonky all around right now.

Well, you still need to make a US account at some point.

If you're planning on buying non-free DLC, you won't be able to fund a US account with a foreign PayPal account. You'll need to buy PSN codes.

Really? Ugh, such a pain! How would I go about doing that? For all the DLC I want, I'm going to need about $36, or $40 if its easier to round up.

Lemstar

Really? Ugh, such a pain! How would I go about doing that? For all the DLC I want, I'm going to need about $36, or $40 if its easier to round up.

You should be able to buy them from Amazon's US store with your credit card.

If you want a bit of a discount, I can sell some for below face value.

You should be able to buy them from Amazon's US store with your credit card.

If you want a bit of a discount, I can sell some for below face value.

That would be very much appreciated, this game is costing me quite a bit as it is, what with importing it and all. PM me the details if you can please.

That bad huh? I only watched episode 1,6 and 7. I may watch the rest of it at some point.

My main problem is that, particularly in the last episode, this show rewrites important plot points, so it can't even be viewed as a complement to the original anime and a straight anime adaptation of P4G's new content, it just can't coexist with those which makes it its own thing. The problem is that in the end I don't get what the purpose of this show is anymore. I could deal with it being a half-assed attempt at animating the Golden scenes and even pushing Marie into some scenes where it was harmless, but now I don't get where this stands.
It's a short, half-assed show that barely bothered with the main plot up until now and in the end completely rewrites the climax and Yu's most important moment in the game.
I just don't get it and that's way I'm saying it's better to ignore it, thoug there are a couple of episodes focused on Adachi that are definitely worth watching.

First time posting. Hi Persona Gaf.

Here's my question: I'm on 1-14 on P3FES and I beat all the floor bosses in Tartarus about a week ago game-time. Since then I've spent almost every night just grinding up my planned anti-nyx team and now there all level 80 or 79. The constant grinding is dragging me down though; when can I call it quits and zoom ahead towards the nix fight?

I'm planing to bring Yukari, Mitsuru, and Aigis to the fight (mostly because I have the heart items to null their weaknesses).

cj_iwakura

Here's my question: I'm on 1-14 on P3FES and I beat all the floor bosses in Tartarus about a week ago game-time. Since then I've spent almost every night just grinding up my planned anti-nyx team and now there all level 80 or 79. The constant grinding is dragging me down though; when can I call it quits and zoom ahead towards the nix fight?

I'm planing to bring Yukari, Mitsuru, and Aigis to the fight (mostly because I have the heart items to null their weaknesses).

You can win at that level, but you're in for a long fight. If you hit late 80s/early 90s, it'll be a slaughter.

Also, props for the avatar. ABe art is always win.

Best equip anyone who can heal with a null-charm item. (I think you get it from Narcissus)
Also, it might be best to get your MC to a high enough level to summon
Helel and Satan. That should make the second half much easier.

Ok, you need to ignore everyone else's advice so far.

The only true way to do this is to take Junpei, and only Junpei. Yeah, the fight becomes 10x harder, but you get Da Man bonus!

In all seriousness, your levels are fine, it's not levelling that will help you beat the final boss, it's tactics. Everyone has different plans, mine was to bring Yukari, Mitsuru and Junpei and equip myself with a persona with all elementals (Loki carded up to fuck with all-dyne spells).

Hey, is that DLC free even if you haven't bought the game yet? (Was this a stupid question?)

You can download the DLC before you buy the game. I'm importing it so I'll be making sure to get the DLC before the time expires and then waiting for my copy to arrive.

Best equip anyone who can heal with a null-charm item. (I think you get it from Narcissus)
Also, it might be best to get your MC to a high enough level to summon
Helel and Satan. That should make the second half much easier.

Who on my team can heal...? All of them, damn. I actually have Narcisus registered and ready to bring out for the null charm items, but that messes up my nice plan.

Ok, you need to ignore everyone else's advice so far.

The only true way to do this is to take Junpei, and only Junpei. Yeah, the fight becomes 10x harder, but you get Da Man bonus!

In all seriousness, your levels are fine, it's not levelling that will help you beat the final boss, it's tactics. Everyone has different plans, mine was to bring Yukari, Mitsuru and Junpei and equip myself with a persona with all elementals (Loki carded up to fuck with all-dyne spells).
Maybe I'll replace Aigis with Da man. He is a lot of fun and I like his skill set.
You can win at that level, but you're in for a long fight. If you hit late 80s/early 90s, it'll be a slaughter.

Also, props for the avatar. ABe art is always win.
lol I have no idea were I found my avatar I've just had on my hard disk for awhile

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I'm not fussed enough about it to import Ultimax, but does anybody know if the US DLC will work with an EU copy of the game?

I assume that the characters will be free to download when it comes to EU as well, but given that we don't have a set release date yet, nothing has been confirmed as far as I know.

If it'll work across regions I'll set up a US account to grab the content when it's up.

Andrefpvs

I'm not fussed enough about it to import Ultimax, but does anybody know if the US DLC will work with an EU copy of the game?

I assume that the characters will be free to download when it comes to EU as well, but given that we don't have a set release date yet, nothing has been confirmed as far as I know.

If it'll work across regions I'll set up a US account to grab the content when it's up.

It most likely won't. DLC is region-locked on PlayStation (that is, you need to get the DLC from the store that corresponds to your game's version).

The US DLC will not work with an EU copy afaik.

Also, the game has a confirmed November release date in EU, but no word on DLC as of yet.

cj_iwakura

lol I have no idea were I found my avatar I've just had on my hard disk for awhile

It's from ABe's art for Welcome To The N.H.K. .

cELKh.jpg

It's from ABe's art for Welcome To The N.H.K. .
That's the same art used for the Italian version :D
I bought it a while ago after reading good reviews of the anime; I thought it was something completely different, but still enjoyed it quite a lot. It's a shame not that many LN get translated.

Sophia

If anyone is interested in a free Japanese gameshare of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, get ahold of Lem somehow. He's usually in IRC. I'm passing on my gameshare of the Japanese version, as I have the US version pre-loadidng now.

Claimed. Thanks tho.

Top Bottom