• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

LX_Theo

Banned
Well, that was the P1 and P2 style. Seeing how P3 and P4 strayed from that, they could probably bend the rules however they wanted based on the situation, especially in regards to the newer slate that is P5.

P3 implied people had certain affinities to being able to summon them. At least, affinities to summon them in the real world. P4 implied anyone could if they face themselves. At least, anyone could in a world like the TV world.

The ability to do it sort of plays along with whatever they want to do for the story, honestly. They very well could decided genetics is a thing in the future, but nothing suggests as much so far.

Well, that was the P1 and P2 style. Seeing how P3 and P4 strayed from that, they could probably bend the rules however they wanted based on the situation, especially in regards to the newer slate that is P5.

But isn't Philemon Igor's master? The butterfly that appears in P3 and P4 was supposed to represent him, no?

FluxWaveZ

But isn't Philemon Igor's master? The butterfly that appears in P3 and P4 was supposed to represent him, no?

That's just speculation, though even if it's true, it's not as though Igor has a direct hand in one's awakening in any of the games. It's as LX_Theo said; one's awakening to their Persona was due to external factors past Persona 1 and Persona 2 (where a Persona was gained by literally playing a playground game and Philemon giving you one).

The ability to do it sort of plays along with whatever they want to do for the story, honestly. They very well could decided genetics is a thing in the future, but nothing suggests as much so far.

teddie comes to mind,
he is a shadow isn't he? but he got same desires as any normal human being. he keeps being perverting, making fuss, wanting to date yukiko.

is teddie considered
immortal? or does he also age?

if margaret and p4mc really marry, then maybe future generations will get their own spinoff games or media and become more persona users

Sophia

Elizabeth/Margaret/Theodore are probably beings that were similar to shadows, but came to develop an ego through some manner. In this sense, they're likely not all that different from Aigis, Labrys, or
Teddie
. In another sense, they're not really immortal in that they can never die, but in that age is no factor to them. How they came to be Igor's assistance in the Velvet Room or what it is meant by them being siblings are sadly still unanswered questions entirely.

teddie comes to mind,
he is a shadow isn't he? but he got same desires as any normal human being. he keeps being perverting, making fuss, wanting to date yukiko.

is teddie considered
immortal? or does he also age?

if margaret and p4mc really marry, then maybe future generations will get their own spinoff games or media and become more persona users

P4 spoiler time:
These questions really depends on how you define what a Shadow is. And by extension, what a Shadow Self is. We can presume that Teddie is more than a mere Shadow, as he can enter the Velvet Room/summon a Persona. Which means he has a heart and an ego. His existence is similar to that of Aigis and Labrys, as well as the various gods and demons(except Nyx) in the series. He probably doesn't age either, although I doubt he's any more immortal than Aigis or Labrys is.

Also whens Persona Q? My 3DS XL wants some dungeon crawling Persona action. ;_;

i finding interesting discussion on gamefaq. imagine if p4mc is in relationship or marries Margaret or marie, they are inhuman, so wouldnt that meaning there will be many future generations of powerful persona users in society? has atlus said anything about Margaret or marie aging similarly to humans? because
marie looks older during the epilogue

We're reaching Bioware Forums level here.

PK Gaming

vNBKEmX.png

NSnsaom.png

35d3FrA.png

eldA0Dk.png

C6omIJG.png

Sophia

We're reaching Bioware Forums level here.

Not hardly. Although I do find GamingBird's slight obsession with Narukami marrying or having a relationship with Margaret to be... unusual. :p

That said, if comments made by Theodore and Elizabeth in Persona 3 are any implication, they probably cannot start such a relationship as long as they're members of the Velvet Room.

Elizabeth/Margaret/Theodore are probably beings that were similar to shadows, but came to develop an ego through some manner. In this sense, they're likely not all that different from Aigis, Labrys, or
Teddie
. In another sense, they're not really immortal in that they can never die, but in that age is no factor to them. How they came to be Igor's assistance in the Velvet Room or what it is meant by them being siblings are sadly still unanswered questions entirely.

P4 spoiler time:
These questions really depends on how you define what a Shadow is. And by extension, what a Shadow Self is. We can presume that Teddie is more than a mere Shadow, as he can enter the Velvet Room/summon a Persona. Which means he has a heart and an ego. His existence is similar to that of Aigis and Labrys, as well as the various gods and demons(except Nyx) in the series. He probably doesn't age either, although I doubt he's any more immortal than Aigis or Labrys is.

Also whens Persona Q? My 3DS XL wants some dungeon crawling Persona action. ;_;

then what you saying is even more clear, they are clearly nonhuman, but they are closer to human than to shadows. they are larger than human in way due to their powers, but they also share human traits such as desires, wants and have a human body

i have not playing p1 or p2 but seeing comments, i can see someone like phil as being the laidback creator, after spreading the seeds, persona users maybe able to be passed down by genetics due to maragret x p4mc or marie x p4mc. this way, more persona users will be in society to protect against shadows

Sophia

then what you saying is even more clear, they are clearly nonhuman, but they are closer to human than to shadows. they are larger than human in way due to their powers, but they also share human traits such as desires, wants and have a human body

i have not playing p1 or p2 but seeing comments, i can see someone like phil as being the laidback creator, after spreading the seeds, persona users maybe able to be passed down by genetics due to maragret x p4mc or marie x p4mc. this way, more persona users will be in society to protect against shadows

Remember: Shadows are born from living beings (such as humans) to start with. The distinction is almost unnecessary, and largely boils down to one of physical body and not much more. This applies to Philemon himself too. To quote from Persona 2: "I am Philemon, a dweller in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls... I am you. You are me... I shall always watch over you from within."

He doesn't really "create" anything, or spread anything. Merely awakens that which already exists.

Remember: Shadows are born from living beings (such as humans) to start with. The distinction is almost unnecessary, and largely boils down to one of physical body and not much more. This applies to Philemon himself too. To quote from Persona 2: "I am Philemon, a dweller in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls... I am you. You are me... I shall always watch over you from within."

He doesn't really "create" anything, or spread anything. Merely awakens that which already exists.

so... margaret and marie are born form human beings? you mean figuratively right? because i wondering how teddie got his human body. did he see a random human who just looked him and molded his way to be like him? or is it one of those questions that leaves imagining?

Not hardly. Although I do find GamingBird's slight obsession with Narukami marrying or having a relationship with Margaret to be... unusual. :p

its not unusual intending, i say this because keeper of velvet rooms are really proper and all mighty type. so i just thought of scenario where they marry and future gens of persona users will pass this persona ability down

i was thinking about oreshika 2 a lot and ive been thinking if this is possible in persona universe. it seems its at least not impossible as noone has actual evidence to disprove...

But then you would have to take into fact that Igor would also be able to reproduce, which begs the question why he hasn't done so already.

Unless the velvet room attendants are his children, of course.

Sophia

so... margaret and marie are born form human beings? you mean figuratively right? because i wondering how teddie got his human body. did he see a random human who just looked him and molded his way to be like him? or is it one of those questions that leaves imagining?

We don't know about Margaret. But she seems to know a lot about the "other side", which is implied to be the collective unconsciousness where Shadows and other supernatural beings come from. *shrugs*

There's also Igor's assistants from Persona 1 and Persona 2 to take into account. I still presume that they're all similar to Shadows in some manner.

As for Marie... P2EP & P4G spoiler time:
She is another aspect of Izanami, and such beings likely have their origins in human myth and legends. They come from the "other side" as well

But then you would have to take into fact that Igor would also be able to reproduce, which begs the question why he hasn't done so already.

Unless the velvet room attendants are his children, of course.

Igor's just a doll given life, if I recall correctly. He even comments on the similarities between himself and Aigis during the events of The Answer. I doubt he can reproduce in the physical sense, and he's probably so powerful he doesn't need to. :p

We don't know about Margaret. But she seems to know a lot about the "other side", which is implied to be the collective unconsciousness where Shadows and other supernatural beings come from. *shrugs*

There's also Igor's assistants from Persona 1 and Persona 2 to take into account. I still presume that they're all similar to Shadows in some manner.

As for Marie... P2EP & P4G spoiler time:
She is another aspect of Izanami, and such beings likely have their origins in human myth and legends. They come from the "other side" as well

Igor's just a doll given life, if I recall correctly. He even comments on the similarities between himself and Aigis during the events of The Answer. I doubt he can reproduce in the physical sense, and he's probably so powerful he doesn't need to. :p

good explanation, it fit logical well. remember Margaret considered a kiss at the end to be really sinful for the residents? this proves that velvet room culture is based some human society traits, so even if they are from the "other side", they are somehow more human than ppl imagine - both in thought and in body

elizabeth is probably the odd one out? she is oddly energetic with lots of desire

NichM

Banned
i finding interesting discussion on gamefaq. imagine if p4mc is in relationship or marries Margaret or marie, they are inhuman, so wouldnt that meaning there will be many future generations of powerful persona users in society?

As Rumiko Takahashi said when asked a question along similar lines regarding Ranma, "I don't think about that, and neither should you."

Sophia

good explanation, it fit logical well. remember Margaret considered a kiss at the end to be really sinful for the residents? this proves that velvet room culture is based some human society traits, so even if they are from the "other side", they are somehow more human than ppl imagine - both in thought and in body

elizabeth is probably the odd one out? she is oddly energetic with lots of desire

It's.... not nearly as complex as you make it out to be. The answer is a lot simpler than "velvet room culture" and being based off human society traits.

Unfortunately, the answer is in Ultimax. Which makes it a spoiler however minor it may be. So I'll stop there. :p

As Rumiko Takahashi said when asked a question along similar lines regarding Ranma, "I don't think about that, and neither should you."

This is really good advice. >_>;

Top Bottom