• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

I can't believe I'm considering getting a digital copy of ultimax from the us psn store and then double dipping on a physical copy when it comes out it europe.

I can't believe I'm considering getting a digital copy of ultimax from the us psn store and then double dipping on a physical copy when it comes out it europe.

Hell, I'm getting a physical US copy, and then probably a physical EU copy at some point too!

I never know what to feel about gamesharing, yeah its fine getting something cheaper if full price is a bit much, but isnt this just screwing the devs and publishers out of sales?

I suppose if you're using it as a try before you buy sorta thing then that's fine.

Remember, support the release, support the devs.

I've spent ~$275 on the JPN version of Ultimax alone.

This man is my hero!

I've decided to support the EU release since it's a short wait but I'll download the US dlc while it's free just in case we get screwed over.

FluxWaveZ

You've spent more money on Ultimax than I've spent on a subscription based MMO in a year and a half. An MMO with regular and consistent content updates.

Think about that.

MMOs are boring, though.

FluxWaveZ
The Ultimate Persona 4 Arena Fanatic
(Today, 04:49 PM)

It's time you looked into getting accepted into Hope's Peak Academy.

Just Persona. It's likely I would have done close to the same for P4D, even though I'm not too into that game right now.

I have to assume that's a physical and digital copy and most if not all the DLC right?

I feel like I was close to spending somewhere around that amount considering I almost picked up a digital Japanese copy which would have just created a domino effect of getting one copy of each version but I reconsidered for some reason.

I guess I will pickup a US PSN copy and then double dip for physical Europe, considering that October is barren compared to November for video games and considering Ultimax is the first fighting game I actually want to try and learn I probably need a good chunk of time to sink into it. I guess coming to this thread thinking I might be swayed towards waiting for the Europe release was a futile effort.
But I already knew that.

Marche90

My god. You have spent way more in one single videogame than what I have spent all year COMBINED in videogames, and that includes buying a 3DS a few months ago.

You're really, really hardcore regarding this, huh?

And here I am, thinking about not even getting Ultimax (budget's tight as it is, and due to that for the rest of the year I'm only planning to get Smash (next week), Persona Q and Project Diva F 2nd)

Tamanon

Banned
Man, I love Persona, but some of you guys have spent a silly amount of money on a game that's coming out here also. More power to ya if you have the money!

FluxWaveZ

My god. You have spent way more in one single videogame than what I have spent all year COMBINED in videogames, and that includes buying a 3DS a few months ago.

You're really, really hardcore regarding this, huh?

I'd like to say something like "it's not that much" but, sure, I guess I'm pretty into the game. I'm personally more perplexed by the time I've put into Ultimax than the amount I've spent on it; that'll probably only go up as there are even more people to play with upon the NA launch.

cj_iwakura

The most I ever spent on a game was either Catherine JP, Beatmania IIDX Empress(boy was THAT a good investment, game is $300+ now), or Growlanser Generations' LE.

Caladrius

I'll be joining the Ultimax party eventually. I unfortunately had to choose between Ultimax and Smash Bros. for the first half of September and Mac-daddy couldn't wait.

Caladrius

It's all relative. Within the microcosm of NeoGAF (which enables and peddles all sorts of odd behaviour), this is outright sane!

I find it to be much more preferable to buying a game and not[/] playing it.

Then me spending nearly 200$ on Project Diva F 2nd with the purchase of the American release is justified!

i finding interesting discussion on gamefaq. imagine if p4mc is in relationship or marries Margaret or marie, they are inhuman, so wouldnt that meaning there will be many future generations of powerful persona users in society? has atlus said anything about Margaret or marie aging similarly to humans? because
marie looks older during the epilogue

Caladrius

With Project Diva f, it's always justified.

Always.

Huzzah!

pnmyug.gif

i finding interesting discussion on gamefaq. imagine if p4mc is in relationship or marries Margaret or marie, they are inhuman, so wouldnt that meaning there will be many future generations of powerful persona users in society? has atlus said anything about Margaret or marie aging similarly to humans? because
marie looks older during the epilogue

The Velvet room attendants and the like are implied to be immortal, so they wouldn't age. And Persona abilities aren't inherited. .

The Velvet room attendants and the like are implied to be immortal, so they wouldn't age. And Persona abilities aren't inherited. .

implied imortal? what do you meaning? why is elizabeth margaret's sister if no age involving?

persona ability no inheriting? but never b4 has there been marriage between human and a nonhuman like the velvet room right? if that happening, wouldnt possibility of new change to universe?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
implied imortal? what do you meaning? why is elizabeth margaret's sister if no age involving?

persona ability no inheriting? but never b4 has there been marriage between human and a nonhuman like the velvet room right? if that happening, wouldnt possibility of new change to universe?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Caladrius

...That gif is really unnerving.

Mikudayo in general is hilariously disturbing.

Being immortal doesn't mean they couldn't be related. They're all created in the same place

As to the second part, I don't know.

They are sisters because they have the same creator. Someone can age and be immortal at the same time.. immortality means no death. In fantasy, normally the immortals stop aging (getting "old") when they reach adulthood.

And the power of Personas probably isn't inherited by genetics. P1-P2 spoilers
They are granted by Philemon.

FluxWaveZ

And the power of Personas probably isn't inherited by genetics. P1-P2 spoilers
They are granted by Philemon.

Well, that was the P1 and P2 style. Seeing how P3 and P4 strayed from that, they could probably bend the rules however they wanted based on the situation, especially in regards to the newer slate that is P5.

Top Bottom