• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Caladrius

tumblr_static_9v1gpuawlcg84o0kw0g8sc884.jpg

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Wasn't sure how I felt about the Teddie bop bag pre-order bonus going in. However, after getting it and inflating it I have decided it is the best pre-order bonus I have ever gotten.

Legit happy to hear that. It was a hell of a thing to bring that bop bag into existence, but it was too good an idea to pass up on. Really glad that you dig it.

Wii Tank

Boy am I glad I decided to fire up the PS3 today to preload Ultimax. I didn't even know that preloading it was a thing until I read some of the other posts, but now I find out that it comes with free color dlc apparently. Tomorrow can't come soon enough

Firestar

Legit happy to hear that. It was a hell of a thing to bring that bop bag into existence, but it was too good an idea to pass up on. Really glad that you dig it.

Yeah, props to you guys for making it look so good. His facial expression is what does it for me I think. The pre-order bonuses are much appreciated!

Xenoflare

For people who pre-ordered Ultimax from EB in Canada.

I just got a call from them and appreantly the games are delayed at the border, so if you preordered from them you probably won't get it tomorrow.

I'm not sure about the scale of this thing, I hope it's only EB cause if that's the case I'll just pick it up from another store and transfer my pre-order to something else.

I posted this in the Canadian deals thread as well, so just a heads up for my fellow Canadians.

For people who pre-ordered Ultimax from EB in Canada.

I just got a call from them and appreantly the games are delayed at the border, so if you preordered from them you probably won't get it tomorrow.

I'm not sure about the scale of this thing, I hope it's only EB cause if that's the case I'll just pick it up from another store and transfer my pre-order to something else.

I posted this in the Canadian deals thread as well, so just a heads up for my fellow Canadians.

Hmm. I ordered both this and Natural Doctrine from Amazon.ca, and usually the stuff gets sent from their HQ here in Toronto that isn't too far from my house, so I always get my stuff on it's release date. Both items are "shipping now" so I guess this is an EB problem.

Xenoflare

Hmm. I ordered both this and Natural Doctrine from Amazon.ca, and usually the stuff gets sent from their HQ here in Toronto that isn't too far from my house, so I always get my stuff on it's release date. Both items are "shipping now" so I guess this is an EB problem.

I think what I'm going to do is that I'll try to "hold on" to an copy from Best Buy during midnight. I did it with FE Awakening and it actually worked. I had terrible experiences with pre-ordering stuff from FS (since they are pretty much the same)

Hopefully this will work, I'm in Vancouver by the way, so I don't know if this is a city problem yet....

I think what I'm going to do is that I'll try to "hold on" to an copy from Best Buy during midnight. I did it with FE Awakening and it actually worked. I had terrible experiences with pre-ordering stuff from FS (since they are pretty much the same)

Hopefully this will work, I'm in Vancouver by the way, so I don't know if this is a city problem yet....

Out of all retailers that I've tried, Amazon always comes through for me. I have 110% trust in them. EB and other physical stores never get the more niche stuff on time either.

Those shipping wizards of theirs always get the stuff to me on time, no matter when they ship it to me. Normally I'd be freaking out right now, since it's still shipping, but no matter what it always gets to me on time, I know tomorrow I'll be coming home from my lectures and I'll have two of their packages waiting for me :p

Xenoflare

Out of all retailers that I've tried, Amazon always comes through for me. I have 110% trust in them. EB and other physical stores never get the more niche stuff on time either.

Those shipping wizards of theirs always get the stuff to me on time, no matter when they ship it to me. Normally I'd be freaking out right now, since it's still shipping, but no matter what it always gets to me on time, I know tomorrow I'll be coming home from my lectures and I'll have two of their packages waiting for me :p

This is actually the first time I ever had problems with EB, despite of it's public image my local branch had all my pre-orders fulfilled and the staff are mostly good. Though the people who made it great are slowly departing, and probably for good reasons.

I don't have access to my PS3 (won't for a few months) and probably won't get Ultimax for a while (maybe closer to Christmas). Is there still a way to get the DLC this week or no? Thanks

Levito

Banned
So I finally got around to watching the Persona Music FES 2014 bluray...

God damn what a show, completely floored. Didn't watch it live last year and only watched really low res YT videos of couple songs, certainly didn't do the show justice. Set list was damn near perfect, think my favorite performances were Heaven, Burn My Dread and Never More.

Real talk, the performers and band deserve huge props. Not only did they all perform live perfectly, they had a TON of energy. Always really admire when bands/musicians look like they really care about what they're playing and want to get the crowd going. Favorite moment was when Shihoko made the crowd sing a whole verse from Never More.

Was soooo worth the import!!!

I want to go to one of these concerts.;_;

Sophia

Thank you very much. I tried going on and couldn't find it. I realize now that it wasnt technically Sept 30 yet in the region of Canada I live in lol. For some reason I thought that with the time zones it would have been released the time I checked.

Check back tomorrow night when the store updates. :p

Check back tomorrow night when the store updates. :p

Yeah I haven't really used Playstation Store before to get anything before, so I wasn't sure how that worked. Kind of tempted to get it later on when I have more time and can access my PS3 more regularly. Game looks fun, though I've been crap at the few fighting games I've played and never really took seriously (uMvC3, SSF4, MK9).

LX_Theo

Banned
Yeah I haven't really used Playstation Store before to get anything before, so I wasn't sure how that worked. Kind of tempted to get it later on when I have more time and can access my PS3 more regularly. Game looks fun, though I've been crap at the few fighting games I've played and never really took seriously (uMvC3, SSF4, MK9).

Anything you buy on there will show up on your downloads list on your system (even for systems its not available for). Then, you simply download it when you can.

Mdesilva

Ultimax color palette situation is CONFUSING.

What we knew: P4A Color DLC "carries to this game. Six palettes, and two more that are offline usable only." (This applies only to the returning characters since they're the ones that DLC was bought for).
What we didn't know: What the hell that meant

See, thing is- all 6 of the DLC colors (9-14) in P4A, minus the 2 offline only ones (15-16, black and gold respectively) were free for the arcade and JP console versions of the game, and a couple more freebies (JP magazine colors from Arena 1, but why we have them in this game isn't relevant) were even added. The new DLC colors for JP Ultimax were 19-24, with some others. 30-31 were black and gold, offline only again, and came in that same pack. Then it gets complicated. 25/26 are Famitsu and Dengeki magazine colors, and we were told they weren't coming to the states.

So. In the English version of the game, you would assume that the color DLC that also happens to be free if you bought the Arena shit would be:
19-24 and 30-31, assuming Atlus is just giving us the new colors for free. Six new palettes, two offline only. It adds up.

Then the game hit... and it all was true- mostly. Because instead of black and gold... we got magazine colors...

what

atlus PLEASE don't let this be a mistake you patch out, PLEASE

because the magazine colors are objectively better than the black and gold and I want to keep them. PLEASE!

Xenoflare

Are the tarot cards and the Teddie bop bag in the same box with the game for Ultimax? Since the unboxing video showed that they are separate. I thought all first print will have these like the book for SMT IV.

I'm asking this because I want to try my luck grabbing a copy from Best Buy since EB told me that their shipment with my preorder is delayed like I said earlier. Or is this an EB exclusive/preorder only thing?

Edit: BB is offering the bonuses in Canada too. Tho they explicitly advertised them as preorder bonuses.........

Squire

Banned
So I finally got around to watching the Persona Music FES 2014 bluray...

God damn what a show, completely floored. Didn't watch it live last year and only watched really low res YT videos of couple songs, certainly didn't do the show justice. Set list was damn near perfect, think my favorite performances were Heaven, Burn My Dread and Never More.

Real talk, the performers and band deserve huge props. Not only did they all perform live perfectly, they had a TON of energy. Always really admire when bands/musicians look like they really care about what they're playing and want to get the crowd going. Favorite moment was when Shihoko made the crowd sing a whole verse from Never More.

Was soooo worth the import!!!

I want to go to one of these concerts.;_;

That show was fucking amazing, dude. I was seriously getting emotional watching that at 3AM.

Damn PGAF, I was looking at my phone, and saw the tattoo that I have on my wrist. On it there's a date, the 5th of October of 2008, that's when I moved to Canada. That's right, that's going to be 6 years this Friday, that is also around the same time when I began lurking on GAF.

Totally unrelated to Persona I know, but since this is one the communities I post/visit the most I just had to share this little persona-l (ehe) detail about myself. After all we are all a family here right?

Ultimax color palette situation is CONFUSING.

What we knew: P4A Color DLC "carries to this game. Six palettes, and two more that are offline usable only." (This applies only to the returning characters since they're the ones that DLC was bought for).
What we didn't know: What the hell that meant

See, thing is- all 6 of the DLC colors (9-14) in P4A, minus the 2 offline only ones (15-16, black and gold respectively) were free for the arcade and JP console versions of the game, and a couple more freebies (JP magazine colors from Arena 1, but why we have them in this game isn't relevant) were even added. The new DLC colors for JP Ultimax were 19-24, with some others. 30-31 were black and gold, offline only again, and came in that same pack. Then it gets complicated. 25/26 are Famitsu and Dengeki magazine colors, and we were told they weren't coming to the states.

So. In the English version of the game, you would assume that the color DLC that also happens to be free if you bought the Arena shit would be:
19-24 and 30-31, assuming Atlus is just giving us the new colors for free. Six new palettes, two offline only. It adds up.

Then the game hit... and it all was true- mostly. Because instead of black and gold... we got magazine colors...
what

atlus PLEASE don't let this be a mistake you patch out, PLEASE

because the magazine colors are objectively better than the black and gold and I want to keep them. PLEASE!
Yeah it was seriously odd yesterday morning when I looked and saw Famitsu colors on my character select, then even odder when I saw later in the afternoon when I had no black or gold. I'm not complaining since I do like the Dengeki color with Mitsuru and I never cared for the offline only colors, but I don't have a good feeling about them sticking around :(

Mdesilva

Yeah it was seriously odd yesterday morning when I looked and saw Famitsu colors on my character select, then even odder when I saw later in the afternoon when I had no black or gold. I'm not complaining since I do like the Dengeki color with Mitsuru and I never cared for the offline only colors, but I don't have a good feeling about them sticking around :(
It all reeks of a mistake, sadly :(

Soulflarz

Banned
Damn PGAF, I was looking at my phone, and saw the tattoo that I have on my wrist. On it there's a date, the 5th of October of 2008, that's when I moved to Canada. That's right, that's going to be 6 years this Friday, that is also around the same time when I began lurking on GAF.

Totally unrelated to Persona I know, but since this is one the communities I post/visit the most I just had to share this little persona-l (ehe) detail about myself. After all we are all a family here right?

Happy 6 years!

You're here forever

Damn PGAF, I was looking at my phone, and saw the tattoo that I have on my wrist. Onde it there's a date, the 5th of October of 2008, that's when I moved to Canada. That's right, that's going to be 6 years this Friday, that is also around the same time when I began lurking on GAF.

Congrats, dude! Canada always looked like a great country to me.

Can anyone help me with some basic understanding?

At start of p3p, is p3protag in his 1st year or 2nd year? Is Mitsuru in her 2nd or 3rd year?

p3protag transfers to gekkoukan during April, isn't right in the middle of the school year?

both p3 and p4 games run for 1 year, so both protags never actually enter the school year at the "start" and both never leave at the "end" of each school year?

Setsu00

Can anyone help me with some basic understanding?

At start of p3p, is p3protag in his 1st year or 2nd year? Is Mitsuru in her 2nd or 3rd year?

p3protag transfers to gekkoukan during April, isn't right in the middle of the school year?

both p3 and p4 games run for 1 year, so both protags never actually enter the school year at the "start" and both never leave at the "end" of each school year?

April marks the beginning of the school year in Japan. Also, P3MC should be in his 2nd year while Mitsuru should be in her 3rd year.

April marks the beginning of the school year in Japan. Also, P3MC should be in his 2nd year while Mitsuru should be in her 3rd year.

thanking heaps

so april is the start of the school year, now makes much more sense. :D

actually, wait, remember the KAzushi guy from p3p swim club? he said
"just because you joined mid-season doesn't mean i will go easy on you"

why does he say mid-season if april is start of new school year?

FluxWaveZ

Just listening to P4AU's sound test for any interesting clips. In addition to the new P3 characters calling out their devolved Personas, there's also the narrator announcing something by the name of "Mephistopheles" (130ch, clip 68).

Sho's got some interesting ones, too. He calls out what seem to be elemental attacks I don't think he actually has (it seems like he's a Zio user, with clips like "One... Two... thunder!" + he calls out "Virus Wave"), as well as clips calling out a Persona (which are obviously not used), including one where he calls out their name, which sounds something like "Kokuri" (127ch, clip 81)? Maybe it's kind of like Shadow Labrys' unused voice clips in P4A, which ended up having significance in P4AU.

LX_Theo

Banned
thanking heaps

so april is the start of the school year, now makes much more sense. :D

actually, wait, remember the KAzushi guy from p3p swim club? he said
"just because you joined mid-season doesn't mean i will go easy on you"

why does he say mid-season if april is start of new school year?
Because you don't join the club at the beginning of the school year.

LX_Theo

Banned
beginning of the school year is april yes? I joined april, how is that problem though?

This isn't complicated. You join weeks after the school year starts. And that's assuming the season started along with the school year and not earlier. How do you not get this?

Nice, congrats. May I ask where you were beforehand? I lived in Canada all my life, and people come from many places around the world.

Also, I can't see DLC for Ultimax but I can see DLC for other old games, so it might not have been updated to the store yet?
I really want to play as Adachi if/when I get the game, though I think he may be harder to use than other characters and have less damaging combos, but that's only based off of the limited gameplay I looked at

Nice, congrats. May I ask where you were beforehand? I lived in Canada all my life, and people come from many places around the world.

Also, I can't see DLC for Ultimax but I can see DLC for other old games, so it might not have been updated to the store yet?
I really want to play as Adachi if/when I get the game, though I think he may be harder to use than other characters and have less damaging combos, but that's only based off of the limited gameplay I looked at

If you're playing the PS3 version, you'll probably have to wait until later this afternoon for the store to update. Not sure about Xbox.

As an aside, the number of Canadians on PGaf is pretty cool.

MSMrRound

Ultimax's supposedly releasing here on Thursday instead of today. Oh well. Might not even be able to snag those launch edition bonuses as well (since we might be apparently be getting Asian release discs only...and the few gameshops that imported are fast running out of copies...gonna try my luck in the morning...

Oh...and congrats to John for officially launching his first Persona game as Atlus PR manager!

(At least you are not known as "Not-Aram" anymore=))

Happy 6 years!

You're here forever

Congrats, dude! Canada always looked like a great country to me.

Nice, congrats. May I ask where you were beforehand? I lived in Canada all my life, and people come from many places around the world.[/SPOILER]

Thanks guys, time just flew right by, this is an amazing country, opportunities are handed to you unlike where I am from.

I am from Portugal, we have a pretty big community here, in Toronto at least which was specially nice in the beginning when I was still adjusting. But I actually like how diverse this country is in terms of ethnicity, I have friends from all kinds of countries and backgrounds, I've learned lots here thanks to them.

Walshy

I am finally playing my second Persona game with P3:FES. While the combat is a bit of a come down from P4G, I'm really liking the darker story and atmosphere so far.

Should I play P3P afterwards or just move straight to P4A?

Top Bottom