• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

I'm the same with P4, but it's still nice to go back and say "Huh, my memory wasn't wrong, it actually IS very good.".

My last playthrough of P4G was supposed to be a rush through in order to platinum the game.

I spent a further 80 hours playing it, watched and listened the entire way through, skipped NOTHING! That game is just too damn good.

Dantis

I drew a picture.

tumblr_ncs66cghUa1s602ggo1_r3_1280.png

My last playthrough of P4G was supposed to be a rush through in order to platinum the game.

I spent a further 80 hours playing it, watched and listened the entire way through, skipped NOTHING! That game is just too damn good.

Yep. I agree completely.

I drew a picture.

Fantastic work as always, but is her uniform based on anything or an original creation? I feel like I recognize it but I have no idea where from...

So far, I've been really enjoying my limited time with Ultimax. My favourite was when I started a training session with Yukari and Junpei, and the random music just happened to be Muscle Blues. Funny little bit of fanservice convergence there.

Dantis

Fantastic work as always, but is her uniform based on anything or an original creation? I feel like I recognize it but I have no idea where from...

So far, I've been really enjoying my limited time with Ultimax. My favourite was when I started a training session with Yukari and Junpei, and the random music just happened to be Muscle Blues. Funny little bit of fanservice convergence there.

Persona X Detective. For whatever reason, Naoto dresses up in a new school uniform.

Persona X Detective. For whatever reason, Naoto dresses up in a new school uniform.

Right, don't know why I didn't think of that. From what I understand of Persona x Detective, logic isn't that book's strong suit, so the new uniform is understandable, haha. Especially when it looks so good.

Sophia

Right, don't know why I didn't think of that. From what I understand of Persona x Detective, logic isn't that book's strong suit, so the new uniform is understandable, haha. Especially when it looks so good.

Basically that picture is one of the only good things to ever come from that awful novel.

Speaking of which, that is a fantastic picture Dantis.

Lunar15

I think it's more that Ultimax's tone is different from P3 and P4. I find a lot of it cringey, but when I go back and play P3 and P4 (Particularly P4), I'm always surprised to find that the writing is genuinely as good as I remember.

Same. I keep thinking it's going to be really awful when I go back, but I'm always pretty happy with it.

Setsu00

If you are interested:
Naoto meets up with a suspect in the case she's currently investigating. For some reason, the suspect refuses to talk with Naoto unless she's dressed like a girl if I remember correctly.
The scene is probably among the worst in the entire book... I still believe that the novel isn't as bad as most make it out to be. It certainly has redeeming qualities - Touko, for example, is a rather interesting character.

PxD ending spoilers:
I also really like the fact that no deities are involved in the case.

Sophia

If you are interested:
Naoto meets up with a suspect in the case she's currently investigating. For some reason, the suspect refuses to talk with Naoto unless she's dressed like a girl if I remember correctly.
The scene is probably among the worst in the entire book... I still believe that the novel isn't as bad as most make it out to be. It certainly has redeeming qualities - Touko, for example, is a rather interesting character.

PxD ending spoilers:
I also really like the fact that no deities are involved in the case.

If by interesting, you mean a complete ripoff of another character to the point of plagiarism, then sure. :p

Traded in Destiny for Ultimax. Felt like I've made a very smart decision. I also didn't realize that the Teddie thing and tarot cards came with first prints which was nice.

kewlmyc

Traded in Destiny for Ultimax. Felt like I've made a very smart decision. I also didn't realize that the Teddie thing and tarot cards came with first prints which was nice.

I'm trading it in for Bayonetta 2.

And yeah the Teddie bag/Tarot cards come with every first print game.

Mdesilva

May I ask what's so annoying/bad about him? The things that come to mind are 3500 damage awakening super in addition to overall pretty good damage, and teleport attack that has advantage on block.
His pressure is just extreme. To be fair, I expect it's just going to be hard to deal with him in the early stages and he'll become easier to handle later, but he is hard to fight.

Do they? Hopefully Amazon sends me those then.
When I went to GameStop, I saw a ton of them lying around. Unless everyone in my town suddenly decided to hop on anime fighters, they aren't just for preorders and aren't hard to get.

His pressure is just extreme. To be fair, I expect it's just going to be hard to deal with him in the early stages and he'll become easier to handle later, but he is hard to fight..

Ok thanks for the clarification. I'm guessing that your main, Yukari, doesn't have the best tools to counter against him either, which makes pressure harder to deal with.

Mdesilva

Ok thanks for the clarification. I'm guessing that your main, Yukari, doesn't have the best tools to counter against him either, which makes pressure harder to deal with.
Yeah, her moves are generally slow. And her 5A doesn't really have any vertical hitbox, so she doesn't have any options for anti airing stuff close-up. Just gotta block forever.

Junpei is the best. Love that dude. This is the first we've heard Rei, right? Or maybe it's just my first time hearing her. She sounds a little different than what I imagined, but it appears like her voice range bounces around/within my expectations. Really looking forward to more!
She spoke a line in the P4 Story Trailer. I'm gonna wait to see her full video to see if I like her voice as Rei or not.

Im only 34% into the Ultimax story and im LOVING every second of it. This is SHO much better than Arena's single player. I cnt stop myself from playing. Great stuff Atlus.

Its 3AM, must go to sleeeeeeeep.

I guess I needed to be at the next tier in academics to ace the first test. Blah I was afraid this would happen the more I play and learn how P3 works the more I realized how inefficient I was being lol spent WAAAY too many nights singing karaoke :p

I guess I needed to be at the next tier in academics to ace the first test. Blah I was afraid this would happen the more I play and learn how P3 works the more I realized how inefficient I was being lol spent WAAAY too many nights singing karaoke :p

Did you max your courage? Because if you did (or came close) then it's not really inefficient. Just... unbalanced, haha

Bass going for that perfect first playthrough on hard mode I see

Clearly not as I didn't ace the first exam :p also the worst thing about hard mode is when all enemies in a battle "randomly" decide to attack the MC, killing him, GAME OVER even if no one else has any damage

Edit: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I forgot to save after the exam and about a week of various activies :'[

Last save is before exams...

Damn it I'm almost tempted to just say F' it and start over and really do a max social link first run hard mode. I really won't have time to replay Persona 3 FES until after I beat Persona 4 lol

Trailers for PQ are awesome. Game is out at the end of next month already, time flies when you are busy in school lol.

Dantis that drawing is awesome, and those colors are just awesome, those skills of yours just get better and better. Reading week is coming in 3 or so weeks, and I guess it's kind of a tradition now for me to draw something when I am on break. I'll see what I can cook up then :p

Soulflarz

Banned
Clearly not as I didn't ace the first exam :p also the worst thing about hard mode is when all enemies in a battle "randomly" decide to attack the MC, killing him, GAME OVER even if no one else has any damage

Edit: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I forgot to save after the exam and about a week of various activies :'[

Last save is before exams...

Damn it I'm almost tempted to just say F' it and start over and really do a max social link first run hard mode. I really won't have time to replay Persona 3 FES until after I beat Persona 4 lol

DO NOT
If you really care about slinks, just do normal to waste less time in the dungeons. But really, dont do a 100% run the first time. A lot of the joy of persona 3/4 is doing stuff with your time as you see fit!

Also the slink runs require absurd specifics so itll ruin half the game for you. I mean then the only interactivity in the game for you is in battles, when it should be in social time.

Top Bottom