• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Firestar

Ken is definitely no longer voiced by Mona Marshall. It sounds like he's voiced by Cindy Robinson (Labrys's VA) but i'm not 100% sure.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought he sounded like Labrys's VA. On a few of his lines I thought it really showed. If true, it's pretty impressive

Xenoflare

I recall that NichM said something about all characters got there old VA's back unless they are mentioned.

Which was Marge, Igor (?) Naoto, Kanji, and Theo.

What's weird is that Travis definitively voiced Theo in Ultimax, and Bryce for Q.

Now that people mentioned it, Ken does sound like Labrys.

I don't mind either way, I like both actresses. Although I'm not a huge fan of P3's Ken, but that has more to do with his character more than anything else.

Sorry, PersonaGAF, I had to choose between Ultimax or Smash 3D, and I chose the latter

15Mvsp1.png

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Guys how does Koro's VA match up to P3? I'm still working through The Answer and Koro gets some really good lines - I'd hate for them to have messed it up in Ultimax.

Xenoflare

It's funny how in Ultimax
people make comments on how Yukari's outfit makes her stand out while we have Akihiko and Mitsuru. (Even the "Unsightly pink sniper) Yes, Akihiko got his share in the last game + some winquotes but Yukari's outfit is rather tame compared to those two.

Guys how does Koro's VA match up to P3? I'm still working through The Answer and Koro gets some really good lines - I'd hate for them to have messed it up in Ultimax.

I'm not sure if its the same VA from P3 or a new one, but either way they deliver the lines perfectly!

Although there is one part where the subtitles say "Arf!" but the VA clearly says "Bark!", this is probably just an error on the localisation team's part though, I haven't compared it to the JP VA yet.

I'm not sure if its the same VA from P3 or a new one, but either way they deliver the lines perfectly!

Although there is one part where the subtitles say "Arf!" but the VA clearly says "Bark!", this is probably just an error on the localisation team's part though, I haven't compared it to the JP VA yet.

the JP seiyuu is much better he delivers the lines much more with emotionalities and really is great he "arf"s reall good.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Because Mona Marshall has a fairly distinct voice (if you watched South Park or Digimon, you'd recognize her immediately)

You only have to compare the voices back to back to note the difference. They sound similar on the surface, but it's definitely two different people.

I just finished up a playthrough of P3P and that's why I think that.

I know Ken should sound older, but doesn't sound like Mona, even though Wiki does say it is Mona, but I am not 100% convinced.

Oh, YHVH damn it!
I've found a plot comparison with Ultimax that I'll never be able to unsee now!
Not sure if I can post a link to it, even with spoiler warnings.

Kanra

So, I kind of suck at fighters and would like to know if anyone is interested in playing with me some persona every now and then. My psn is kanra12.

I hope it's not Sonic Adventure.

LOL
wasn't a joke prediction like that posted?

Unrelated, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was one of my favourite GC games, in addition to a few others I remember like Smash, Tales of Symphonia, Kirby Air Ride. Never beat the story because I got stuck on one mission for the Hero Side (Crazy Gadget). Maybe its because I never actually beat the story, or because you are referring to the original, or because I was a kid and don't remember the story, but I don't really see any connection?

PG 105? (I'm getting used to this and don't really know how to use this well) I've spoiled the plot for myself though, so this doesn't actually happen and was a joke prediction from a while ago. Just in case anyone took it seriously.

Bad Guy™: Muhaha! Tremble before my mighty powers, puny mortals.
Yu: It's no good... I can't do it... Sorry guys.
Everyone: YU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mitsuru: Is there no hope... for the future?
???: Hmph, giving up already?
Everyone: HUH?!?
Yu: Sho?!?
Sho: Miss me? I thought you were better than that katana-boy.
Bad Guy™: You're still alive? Whatever. It is of no importance. You won't change the outcome. Not one bit.
Sho: We'll see about that! (You play as Sho here btw, and bring the boss down to 40% life)
Bad Guy™: It's just as I thought. You puny humans cannot hope to stop me. This is the end.
Sho: I hate to say it, but he's right. He's way too strong for me.
Yu: I have an idea. What if we...
Sho: ...Combined our powers? Yeah, that just might work.
(Cutscene where Yu and Sho defeat the boss)
Everyone: We saved the world!
Yu: Wait, Sho! Where are you going?
Sho: Like I said earlier; you live by your own way, I live by my own way.
Yu: Sho... You taught me something. Isolation makes you powerful... but so does Companionship! There's no reason to completely reject the bonds of others!
Sho: Walking a path between Isolation and Companionship huh... Yeah, that sounds interesting.
(Sho walks off into the sunset.)

THE END

Egg Man™: Muhaha! Tremble before my mighty powers, puny hedgehog.
Sonic: It's no good... I can't do it... Sorry guys.
Everyone: SANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Knuckles: Is there no hope... for the future?
???: Hmph, giving up already?
Everyone: HUH?!?
Sonic: Shadow?!?
Shadow: Miss me? I thought you were better than that, needlemouse.
Egg Man™: You're still alive? Whatever. It is of no importance. You won't change the outcome. Not one bit.
Shadow: We'll see about that! (You play as Shadow here btw, and you homing attack him 3 times)
Egg Man™: It's just as I thought. You puny rodents cannot hope to stop me. This is the end.
Shadow: I hate to say it, but he's right. He's way too strong for me, the ultimate lifeform.
Sonic: I have an idea. What if we...
Shadow: ...Combined our powers? Yeah, that just might work.
(Cutscene where Sonic and Shadow use the power of the Chaos Emeralds together)
Everyone: We saved Mobius!
Sonic: Wait, Shadow! Where are you going?
Shadow: Like I said earlier; you live by your own way, I live by my own way.
Sonic: Shadow... You taught me something. Chaos Emeralds makes you powerful... but so do shitty friends! There's no reason to completely reject the bonds of others!
Shadow: Walking a path between Chaos Emeralds and shitty friends huh... Yeah, that sounds interesting.
(Shadow skates off into the sunset.)

THE END

Tamanon

Banned
Was Narukami really an outcast before going to Inaba? I saw it being discussed in an ultimax lobby.

I don't think he was. It wasn't really ever implied that I saw. Maybe someone is just misinterpreting his backstory(what little there is).

His parents move around a lot, they went overseas. That's basically all we have on the guy.

I remember trying out Sonic Adventure DX but never getting past the second mission lol. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was good though. Chao garden was awesome, but I kind of stopped doing that after my chao died/resurrected back with crummy stats.

Is it step it up senpai an anime thing? I see it on this forum and that one yosuke cosplay picture but other than that I have idea where it comes from. I just assume its an anime thing like I hope senpai will notice me.

PK Gaming

I don't think he was. It wasn't really ever implied that I saw. Maybe someone is just misinterpreting his backstory(what little there is).

His parents move around a lot, they went overseas. That's basically all we have on the guy.

His old classmates were pretty sad when they found out he was moving, so at the very least we know he wasn't an outcast.

Setsu00

His manga version was an outsider before he came to Inaba. Minor manga spoiler:
There is a flashback to when he was younger and it's rather depressing... His mother tells him that she's sorry that they always have to move so suddenly. She wants to know whether he said goodbye to his friends to which he replies that he hasn't. He says that he doesn't mind the constant moving because he thinks that his parents don't have a choice anyway.

Yu calls himself an outsider in PQ as well, so I guess that Yu and his manga version had rather similiar lives.

Levito

Banned
You know, I think the part of Ultimax's story that I really dislike is how
Yu reacts to Adachi at the end. Like I get that Adachi said he wouldn't cause anymore trouble at the end of P4, but it's just weird to me that Yu acts like he's like a sort of buddy now. Dude is a murderer that deliberately tried to hurt Yu's family and friends.

Yu reacts to Adachi at the end. Like I get that Adachi said he wouldn't cause anymore trouble at the end of P4, but it's just weird to me that Yu acts like he's like a sort of buddy now. Dude is a murderer that deliberately tried to hurt Yu's family and friends.

I got the impression that the scenes you mentioned were supposed to be a reference to (P4G/Ultimax spoilers)
the Hunger social link getting maxed in the True End of P4. Adachi's done some terrible stuff, obviously, but he's also done some good, towards Yu especially. And Arena Yu seems like exactly the kind of guy that could forgive the bad and emphasize the good.

It'd only get really stupid if Yu and Adachi did some kind of Super Gattai Combination Attack to finish off the one big bad with a mighty sword shaped persona. ...Wait, shit.

I imagine that's just a continuation of the Adachi social link in P4G though I agree that it's kind of dumb that Yu would forgive that easily but that just feels like part of the whole power of bonds nonsense. I will say that I absolutely hate that Adachi helps as it felt completely against his characters to help, especially to the extent that he did.

Zareka

Are there any interesting story revelations in Episode P3? Copy finally arrived today and Episode P4 was horrendous. If P3 is just as bad I'll let it auto play in the background while I play Smash or something.

Levito

Banned
Yeah I get that it's a call back to the
Adachi P4G social link. Still think it's kind of ridculous that Yu has like the semi friendship with him now.

Ah well, not big deal in the end. My review will be going up later today btw.

Well, it's an entire episode dedicated to a single character...

I mean you're right but that doesn't guarantee a more in depth explanation it could just be Adachi saying something about following the rules of the world and then the rest of the episode is just Adachi going around being an asshole, which would be entertaining in it's own right but it doesn't expand upon why he assists. I also have no idea how long it is which makes it hard to take a guess at what they might go into during the episode.

So far the game hasn't done much to assure me that the reason won't just be "the power of bonds" which would answer the question of why he helped but it would be a lame answer.

So I'm a total scrub and can't beat
izanami no okami
I've been trying for the past few days now and I can't finish her off, should I just look up the ending on youtube at this point?

What's your protagonist & team loadout? (Levels, Personas, equipment, etc)

Im currently using kanji, naoto and teddie and all 5 of them (including pro tag and rise) is currently level 82, the protags persona is Mada at level 83. For equiment everyone has +300 damage items and for armor everyone has armor that gives +200 defense. I curently have 40 antibiotic gel and 35 macca leaf.

Now then before anyone says anything all of the other characters are horribly under farmed (yosuke, chie and yukkio are all in the 40-50s range).

Im currently using kanji, naoto and teddie and all 5 of them (including pro tag and rise) is currently level 82, the protags persona is Mada at level 83. For equiment everyone has +300 damage items and for armor everyone has armor that gives +200 defense. I curently have 40 antibiotic gel and 35 macca leaf.

Now then before anyone says anything all of the other characters are horribly under farmed (yosuke, chie and yukkio are all in the 40-50s range).

It sounds to me like you have the basis for a very strong team. What kind of problems are you running into? It seems to me like you have good damage output and healing potential, so is there a particular move the boss uses that gives you trouble?

Valid points, but come on, how can you stay mad at
Adachi
. He's a likable fella :p

Top Bottom