• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Xenoflare

I feel as if I am going insane trying to get the reaper to spawn in P4G.

I am doing the Yukiko's castle trick, I hear the chains on the 5F, and then when I open the last and only remaining chest on 5F, nope nothing.

Am I doing something wrong or is he just refusing to spawn for me?

Out of the many, many platthroughs I did with golden, I've only being warned once before opening the chest, and it's when I was level 20 ish. I never had any success looking for it while I'm prepared.

Walshy

Out of the many, many platthroughs I did with golden, I've only being warned once before opening the chest, and it's when I was level 20 ish. I never had any success looking for it while I'm prepared.
On my fourth playthrough and the Reaper and the Risette trophy is the only one I haven't got.

I know the fight is meant to be easier than the one in P3. Damn, I remember encountering him at Lv. 14 on P3, I'd never escaped a battle so fast
KuGsj.gif

Meia

Yeah, the Reaper thing has a certain element of randomness to it, even when there's only one chest left on the floor.

Just one of those things that can trigger at seemingly random, even if you've taken steps to almost ensure it does(shuffle time is another example).

Meia

hey guys i was wondering if ultimax will be the last time we will see the p3 gang?

PQ did really well over there, so I wouldn't be shocked to see a PQ2. With Persona 5 coming out next year, there's no telling if they'll try to put the cast into PQ with the other 2 casts, or if they'll be in another Arena game with the P3 cast(depending on the year P5 takes place in, of course).

At the very least, we still have probably 3 more movies featuring them. I still wouldn't be *too* shocked if we get a definitive version of P3 as well. Of course, if the P5 engine they have is good, we may be better off just getting new games in that engine like during the PS2 era(which fostered 8 releases I think it was).

Whether it's a new Arena game or Q2, I'm sure it's not the end for them.

I wonder how they can manage a canon story for future Arena games, especially much father into the future. Unless there's more time travel/memory wipe eventually the cast is going to get kinda old. They could have the next game taking place during around the time P5 happens, but I personally think that each Persona game should take place during its own time. As in, I wouldn't want an Arena game and P5 happening in the same time frame. I think it would be kind of odd for example, if the events of P3 were happening at the same time P4 events were happening.

hao chi

oh i see. What could atlas possibly do with the p3 gang now that everything has been resolved witht hem? who is left to face? SHO?

The Shadow Operatives are still a thing, unless something in their ending in Ultimax changes that, so there's an easy way to include them in some future spinoffs.

Also, Ultimax spoiler:
From what I heard Liz's quest is still ongoing, so there's that. Unless Atlus just leaves it out to our imagination, anyway/

I really hope P5 doesn't have the same set up and ending as
P3, P4 and Ultimax. Shadow entity shows up that represents everyone's thoughts, desires and hatred etc. Main character defeats it due to bonds, blah, blah, blah. blah

Setsu00

P3, P4 and Ultimax. Shadow entity shows up that represents everyone's thoughts, desires and hatred etc. Main character defeats it due to bonds, blah, blah, blah. blah
Considering that it does happen with some differences in P1, P2IS and P2EP as well it kinda seems to be Persona's thing...

When i first saw the events play out in
P4,
i thought it was amazing. When i finally got around to playing
P3
and completed it, I thought, "wait a sec, this is exactly the same thing". After finishing the
Ultimax story
, which i really enjoyed up until the final scene
where the same event occurred once again.

It seems that this theme,
along with an initial companion really being a villian is in all of Atlus's latest games. (Catherine = Mutton, P4 = Culprit, P3 = Professor)
Would be nice if they could just change it up a little.

Hey guys I started my persona 3 portable play through and I'm just wondering. I usually level up 10 times everytime I went into a dungeon in P4G before I went to the last floor to fight the boss. Is the Tartarus the only dungeon here?

I'm having trouble wording the question here. I guess what I'm asking is there an end to the Tartarus? Are there other dungeons? Can I take the same approach to P3p that I did in P4G?

LX_Theo

Banned
Hey guys I started my persona 3 portable play through and I'm just wondering. I usually level up 10 times everytime I went into a dungeon in P4G before I went to the last floor to fight the boss. Is the Tartarus the only dungeon here?

I'm having trouble wording the question here. I guess what I'm asking is there an end to the Tartarus? Are there other dungeons? Can I take the same approach to P3p that I did in P4G?

Story based events will have small, separate dungeons. Tartarus will be the dungeon you'll earn your paycheck in, though.

Story based events will have small, separate dungeons. Tartarus will be the dungeon you'll earn your paycheck in, though.
Alright thanks. Sorry for all the questions man. So is the Tartarus there just for me to level up the characters and get them ready for the story based events then? If that's the case cool. How often do you guys recommend going into the Tartarus?

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Tuesdays mean nothing to me now :(

I feel like the incoming Persona news stop after P4AU's launch. I was hoping this month would be P4D season.

FWIW, my interview with Aigis/Nanako and Yukiko voice actresses should be going up on Thursday?

But yeah, I wish I had some P4D news too :(

LX_Theo

Banned
Alright thanks. Sorry for all the questions man. So is the Tartarus there just for me to level up the characters and get them ready for the story based events then? If that's the case cool. How often do you guys recommend going into the Tartarus?

Not all story events are outside of Tartarus.

I'd say work to get to the point where you can't go any further. Tartarus has built in stopping points that unlock after story events.

Steel

Banned
On my fourth playthrough and the Reaper and the Risette trophy is the only one I haven't got.

I know the fight is meant to be easier than the one in P3. Damn, I remember encountering him at Lv. 14 on P3, I'd never escaped a battle so fast
KuGsj.gif

I actually ran into him on my first playthrough of golden during
Nanako's
dungeon. I wasn't really fully prepared but I managed to beat him somehow.

hey guys i was wondering if ultimax will be the last time we will see the p3 gang?

Doubt it. The shadow operatives angle will probably come up again, whether it's Persona 5 arena, a persona 5 cameo, or another spin off.

Eh, in
P3 and P4 it's more about the journey than the final boss, so it doesn't come off as bad. In P4U it's the only thing there, so it feels completely pointless.

Levito

Banned
Happy Large Marge day!

BTW PGAF, we should take over the lovers room on the flood plain again on Saturday. The past Friday was too much fun. #BloodAndThunder

FluxWaveZ

Margaret's win quote vs. Junpei (hadn't heard it before):
Your fighting style appears nonsensical, and yet it all makes perfect sense. Hmhm... You must have been through quite a lot.

BTW PGAF, we should take over the lovers room on the flood plain again on Saturday. The past Friday was too much fun. #BloodAndThunder

That sounds cool. Will hang around there if the meet-up occurs.

Thinking in the afternoon around 2pm PST. Advertising well ahead of time so more people come!

I'll be in Montreal that weekend :'(

Can we do something like this every week, though? I'd love to be a part of it sometime and show y'all my Top 4-placing Junpei skillz.

Yeah I
wouldn't mind fighting a deity of the respective religion or history they pick as long as it's handled well.
I just wonder how different P5 will in terms of everything.

I dnt mind if they do the
bonds
concept again, i would just like them to do it differently. Its a minor gripe, but still makes an interesting point of discussion.

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
If Atlus are working on P5 then surely they wont be investing anymore into p3 maybe p4 as well considering everything was wrapped up in ultimax with the exception of SHO/Labyrs

abrack08

I'll be in Montreal that weekend :'(

Can we do something like this every week, though? I'd love to be a part of it sometime and show y'all my Top 4-placing Junpei skillz.

We should play some time, I've been playing Junpei since the Japanese launch and I'm still bad. Teach me the ways of Da Man

If Atlus are working on P5 then surely they wont be investing anymore into p3 maybe p4 as well considering everything was wrapped up in ultimax with the exception of SHO/Labyrs
Not necessarily. I mean, I haven't finished Episode P3 but I imagine Elizabeth's quest is still unresolved. And you don't really need a dangling plot thread to make a sequel/spin-off, things were pretty well tied up after P3 and 4, then Arena, Ultimax, Q, and Dancing all happened.

EDIT: Spoiler tagged the whole response just in case

FluxWaveZ

The Persona GAF IRC logs during last year's November event and this year's TGS panel are still accurate testaments to how I feel about P4D. I just... it confuses me in so many ways.

Top Bottom