• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

biodude

Neo Member

I've noticed something with some of the newer trailers , that they seemed to fix the compression thing but are missing some sound effects like the summoning sound.

I have a theory that the sound compression is still there in-game, but the videos are being overlapped with the uncompressed audio. I dunno

I do love Aigis's trailer though, Karen is the best!

Another thing I saw in the trailer was when she had the grenade launcher, during her follow up attack it totally disappeared and she played the finger gun firing animation. I hope it was just a video cut in or something.

Xenoflare

What's wrong with her win quote?

Her voice for her winquotes sounds extremely dry and inconsistent, and almost a bit robotic.

While her old English voice is nothing to write home about, at least it sounded consistent and had that subtle sensuality. If you listen carefully Old Marge got better in Arena compared to P4/

Her battle voices are fine.

Just watched trailer for Aigis. Couldn't help but chuckle at the text "P3 Hero is special to me".
I'm wondering if there is going to be no canon name for P3MC. It was Minato Arisato and Makoto Yuuki and something else in the play (unsure)? And he is never referred to by name in Arena. For better or for worse P4 hero is more consistently named Yu Narukami in the multiple spinoffs, and being called Souji Seta in the manga only.

Just watched trailer for Aigis. Couldn't help but chuckle at the text "P3 Hero is special to me".
I'm wondering if there is going to be no canon name for P3MC. It was Minato Arisato and Makoto Yuuki and something else in the play (unsure)? And he is never referred to by name in Arena. For better or for worse P4 hero is more consistently named Yu Narukami in the multiple spinoffs, and being called Souji Seta in the manga only.
Well I don't consider that a spoiler but anyways
Minato Arisato and Yu Narukami were used as placeholder names for the JP trailers, but they still used P3 Hero and P4 Hero for promo and stuff. In the game there's never a confirmed canon name, you can name both whatever you want.

Minato Arisato and Yu Narukami were used as placeholder names for the JP trailers, but they still used P3 Hero and P4 Hero for promo and stuff. In the game there's never a confirmed canon name, you can name both whatever you want.
At this rate, I wouldn't mind
Minato/Makoto in Arena 3
if only to give the guy an official name.

Well the main thing is that because
I mentioned no mention of his name in Arena. Which might be considered spoilers for people who believe that he'll come back. Though at this point I don't think anybody on this forum does.

Also, can anyone mind explaining how to quote multiple people? As of now I am middle-clicking the quote button to open a new tab, then copying and pasting the quote with the name and number sequences into my reply.

I mentioned no mention of his name in Arena. Which might be considered spoilers for people who believe that he'll come back. Though at this point I don't think anybody on this forum does.

Also, can anyone mind explaining how to quote multiple people? As of now I am middle-clicking the quote button to open a new tab, then copying and pasting the quote with the name and number sequences into my reply.

Plus next to the 'quote'.

Well yeah,
most people here have played Arena. Dunno what happens in Ultimax yet though. But from the PQ avatars they have in the lobby he's named "???"

Plus next to the 'quote'.

Ok thanks. Always wondered what they did, because once I pressed it and absolutely nothing happened on screen.

Well yeah,
most people here have played Arena. Dunno what happens in Ultimax yet though. But from the PQ avatars they have in the lobby he's named "???"

Yeah, he has no confirmed spinoff name, so I guess its ???. In English, I think it might stay that way for the Persona series. Would prefer some name, if just for the spinoff, so it's less confusing than 'him'. Imagine if in the next Arena games none of the MC's get names and are all referred to as him/her.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, he has no confirmed spinoff name, so I guess its ???. In English, I think it might stay that way for the Persona series. Would prefer some name, if just for the spinoff, so it's less confusing than 'him'. Imagine if in the next Arena games none of the MC's get names and are all referred to as him/her.

There is nothing confusing about it because "he" does not factor into the story. Well, regarding the P4A series. No idea how it's handled in PQ, but I assume it'll be pretty clear in that game without a definite name, as well.

If there was a next P4A with the P5 or (a hypothetical) P6 heroes being PCs, they'd have canon names. We don't even know if the P5 hero won't have one in the game itself.

There is nothing confusing about it because "he" does not factor into the story. Well, regarding the P4A series. No idea how it's handled in PQ, but I assume it'll be pretty clear in that game without a definite name, as well.

If there was a next P4A with the P5 or (a hypothetical) P6 heroes being PCs, they'd have canon names. We don't even know if the P5 hero won't have one in the game itself.

I'm honestly all for a canonical name for the MC in P5, not only to make things easier if they do use the characters in other games hypothetically, but to give those who are unoriginal or picky with names, like myself, a name to use without thinking too much. SMTIV did it with "Flynn" and it worked just fine.

PK Gaming

Just got around to watching the newest behind the voices clip. I really can't get enough of VAS; they're so awesome in general, and the Persona VAs seem to be nice people in general. I've mostly experienced her through S.linkFM, but it was nice to catch up with Amanda Winn-Lee again. She's so zany.

I'm honestly all for a canonical name for the MC in P5, not only to make things easier if they do use the characters in other games hypothetically, but to give those who are unoriginal or picky with names, like myself, a name to use without thinking too much. SMTIV did it with "Flynn" and it worked just fine.

Even though they didn't do it in Q, I hope they make SMT4 the start of a trend.
Also makes me wonder what the other SMT characters will be called in SMTxFE.

Sophia

Even though they didn't do it in Q, I hope they make SMT4 the start of a trend.
Also makes me wonder what the other SMT characters will be called in SMTxFE.

SMT2's protagonist and SMT If's protagonist have canonical names. SMT3's protagonist technically kind of does in the form of a title too.

There really isn't much to do against RNG, but I think that making it so you don't get an instant game over due to bad luck with one instant kill spell is a good idea. RNG could still screw you over, but it's a lot less likely to screw over all of your teammates vs just your MC.

Actually, that's one of the good things about good Wizardry-derived games like the Megaten group: you can. You're always given access to at least one of Homunculus, Tetraja, allies saving you, Resist for base spells, Null for -on ones, etc.

They have easy modes. It's ok. It's what they're for. And' that's ok.

Sophia

Instant kills in MegaTen are usually the result of a mistake or poor planning anyhow. Like Junpei walking into the line of fire in the second section of Tartarus, the enemy getting the advantage, you still having Orpheus equipped, and the first thing cast is Mudo.... >.>

Busaiku

So I'll be doing a PS3 Persona 4 Arena Ultimax tournament next Friday through Sunday.
Sign-ups are here. When signing up, include your GAF name and SEN name.
Like so: Busaiku (GAF) / Sarumanu (SEN)
If you want to, include your Twitter/Facebook/whichever mode of communication is best for you. This isn't required, but it'll make things easier.
Format as such: Busaiku (GAF) / Sarumanu (SEN) / @Sarumanu (Twitter)

Just to avoid any confusion, I ask that you keep the formatting, even if your name is the same across all platforms.
So again: GAF name (GAF) / SEN name (SEN) / Any other social media name (any other platform).

Sign-ups will be open until Wednesday (through Tuesday CDT).
This is open to all North American residents.

The format will be best 2 out of 3, double elimination. Winner/Loser Finals will be 3 out of 5. Grand Finals will be 4 out of 7.
All games must be played 2/3, 99 seconds.
Again, registration closes Tuesday, October 14, 2014, at 11:59 PM CDT.
The tournament will officially begin on Friday, October 17, 2014, at 12:00 AM CDT.
Once registration is closed, I will determine how many rounds must be completed each day (on Friday/Saturday/Sunday), and I'll enforce as such.
Since brackets will be finalized on Wednesday, you're free to play your matches prior to Friday, but I won't be penalizing absenteeism until Friday.
Participants (winner or loser) must let me know their results through GAF or PSN.

The prize of this tournament will be the Persona Q Shadow of the Labyrinth The Wild Cards Premium Edition (shipped through Amazon).
mfBXeAC.jpg
In the unlikely event I win, I'll save my money.

If you have any suggestions/ideas, I'm willing to incorporate them.
Have fun!

Busaiku

Just to avoid any confusion, I ask that you keep the formatting, even if your name is the same across all platforms.
So again: GAF name (GAF) / SEN name (SEN) / Any other social media name (any other platform).

FluxWaveZ

What the fuck are people doing in Junes - Priestess lobby. Some full on RP and overall stupidity going on right now, man.

There are like, 8 people involved in this right now. Choice quotes like "make #2 lapdance", "Ameno Sagiri <3" and general nonsense.

Actually, that's one of the good things about good Wizardry-derived games like the Megaten group: you can. You're always given access to at least one of Homunculus, Tetraja, allies saving you, Resist for base spells, Null for -on ones, etc.

They have easy modes. It's ok. It's what they're for. And' that's ok.

May I ask what Wizardry-derived games are? From what I've looked up its a video game?

And I agree there are ways to save you in P3 and even more in P4, (where your allies die for you) and in Golden where Rise tanks a hit for you. I might have made a mistake in my rant, but in the event I was talking about where I missed a bunch I didn't actually die but a Homunculus saved me (in my head I count it as a death because I should have died). Though I still don't like losing a rare item to a random enemy :( . Though obviously that's all they're good for and I probably wouldn't be losing 20 more anytime soon, but still.

To be perfectly honest I didn't remember tetraja even existed. (I only remember it because in Nocturne I ended up with some random supply of like 50 tetraja rocks).

Probably just my mood at the time, but I didn't actually die against instant kills as much as my rant may have made it look like. I just emphasized the couple of times that it did happen.

However from what I recall in Nocturne the number of ways to save you were less. Unsurprisingly, demons on your team do not take mortal blows for you. I don't think homonunculi were a thing, I honestly can't remember. Almost as annoying as mobs that just spammed ma-instant kill were the ones that spammed dormina and eternal rest (i think?) and the like for a couple other ailments. I remember that happened once to me in a random surprise attack against succubi, but fortunately I saved a couple minutes beforehand so it wasn't too bad.

I'll be perfectly honest though: I'm pretty bad at these games. I like to turn my brain off for the most part in terms of critical thinking for situations. In persona, for example, I would just use whoever I wanted to level up in battles rather than who would probably be best against the enemies. Even against bosses I would switch personas near the end just so the one I want would get exp.

Where is Shadow Kanji, this picture should be the best place to include him

Why not Shadow Yosuke? He's Yu's partner after all. This just shows that Narukami is always the King. Even as a shadow.

Anyways, I've been randomly looking for Persona stuff on Tumblr. Are the close up pictures of portraits with cut out text a kind of joke among the persona fanbase? I see quite a few. Like that ignore mode Aigis picture. Ex:

Also the book reading thing with Junpei reading you Da Man.

tumblr_natj7tyae71sjmw16o1_500.jpg

Xenoflare

What the fuck are people doing in Junes - Priestess lobby. Some full on RP and overall stupidity going on right now, man.

There are like, 8 people involved in this right now. Choice quotes like "make #2 lapdance", "Ameno Sagiri <3" and general nonsense.

LOL.Hence "a place for players to chat and have fun"

Nap1400

cAN You elaborate on that please?

Shinto gods rant about how the Abrahamic God is a tyrannical maniac and the latter is the final boss in all the routes, even the Law one.

That's the gist of it. Not sure how much of it in the fan translation was because of Aeon Genesis having a severe Chaos bias but there you go.

Top Bottom