• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Did anyone else kind of feel Atlus' attempt to make Marie canon in Ultimax was kind of Hamfisted? "Hey, remember that friend of ours who is actually a goddess that we didn't mention at all yesterday? Boy she would have been a big help!"

Xenoflare

Did anyone else kind of feel it was Atlus' attempt to make Marie canon in Ultimax was kind of Hamfisted? "Hey, remember that friend of ours who is actually a goddess that we didn't mention at all yesterday? Boy she would have been a big help!"

What else can you do when the first Arena is before Golden.

Did anyone else kind of feel it was Atlus' attempt to make Marie canon in Ultimax was kind of Hamfisted? "Hey, remember that friend of ours who is actually a goddess that we didn't mention at all yesterday? Boy she would have been a big help!"

I prefer to see it as not giving her the P4GA treatment.

Well (I guesssss I'll tag it, not really a spoiler unless you dont want random p4g things)
I meant moreso the friendship with Marie which is basically dating but the game doesnt read it as anyone cares whatsoever.

Oh yeah. I guess it is forced romance, forgot about that. It's not like anybody gets mad at her.

And I just dislike Marie's personality, so I can't say I liked her in Arena. I like the attempt to P4
link something earlier in the game to Izanami so it's foreshadowed(?) a bit better and links better rather than her showing up randomly at the end.
Wish Marie was either a party member, had a different/better/more likeable personality, or wasn't forced so much. But what was Marie doing in the first game, I honestly don't know what explanation they give? (They should have made it canon that she does not exist in the same universe as Arena,
or made it so it was canon that they forgot her
)

Also maybe it's an anime they so it can't be allowed, but maybe in the next game they should make it so the girls get the short end of the stick for once? Or at least not act poorly towards the guys? I find that the guys/MC suffer more than the girls tend to for reasons out of their control? As in, cross-dressing, camping trip, springs events? Why can't guys throw buckets at girls? (lol jk even in FE:A when female avatar walks in on naked Chrom she's the one that starts throwing things.)

Something else, but do the protags in P1 and P2 have anything to do with trains? I remember seeing a picture with P3, P4, and P5 protags posing with a title something like "It all started with a train".

tumblr_nd2b1ftqfT1s73ku9o2_500.gif

Edit: Never mind, the picture didn't have those words on it, it was just in a caption.

Busaiku

Man, I have to stop completing the floors while looking for Quest items.
Wasted so many hours, and I forgot what I was supposed to do in the story...

Well, it's at this point in Ultimax that I suppose I should congratulate Atlus.
With Sho, they've managed to make a character I loathe more than Takaya and Metis combined.

Also, best girl is now Shadow Labrys.

Xenoflare

Well, it's at this point in Ultimax that I suppose I should congratulate Atlus.
With Sho, they've managed to make a character I loathe more than Takaya and Metis combined.

I completely forgot about her. Notice how she's never being mentioned post-fes.

Maybe Sho will face the same fate down the road, heh.

Xenoflare

No offense to Mr.
Haberkorn
, but I'd tolerate that if it was a voiceless cameo.

I hoped that he to have a prominent role in P5 since he's the first English VA that crossed my mind when thinking about the P5 dub.

I'm not so sure now, but then again, Atlus is known for re-using VAs for multiple characters, hell, in both English and Japanese.

I hoped that he to have a prominent role in P5 since he's the first English VA that crossed my mind when thinking about the P5 dub.

I'm not so sure now, but then again, Atlus is known for re-using VAs for multiple characters, hell, in both English and Japanese.

I just hope the lack of Dan Woren in Ultimax was just something temporary.

We are not sure if Igor is going to be there for P5. Due to the passing of his JP VA Atlus reduced his roles and recycled his old voice clips for a long time.

Which makes me wonder why they bothered putting Igor in at all.
Regardless, I wouldn't mind Woren showing up in an unrelated role.

1st volume did 14.3k (debuted at 12.8k).
2nd volume debuted with 8k.

Persona 4 The Animation averaged 31k.

That difference. Though its not like anybody enjoyed Marie being everywhere (I think). Didn't someone mention that the writers were surprised that the viewers liked the episode featuring the antagonist a lot more than the others? The theory made before probably holds true: the less Marie the better (at least not making her more important than all the other members combined).

Also, I don't think anybody really wanted this anime that badly. Sure it was an OK idea, but there probably wasn't much demand. And despite being shorter, there were still really big quality fluctuations in a bad way. Also some scripting was weird, like Narukami utterly destroying the mob of Haberie thingies at the beginning and
Ameno Sagiri,
yet struggling against
random enemies in the hollow forest. Or skipping second evolution and going to final evolution, including Narukami, for Marie.

They still have one chance to make the bonus episode good though. Just have to significantly reduce Marie's role in the episode, and increase everybody else's presence. Reverse what they did for the other episodes in the anime: make Marie speak only a few lines (if at all), and make everyone else speak a whole lot more.

Wouldn't it be great if we got an update on Persona 4 Dancing next week?

Sho confirmed as secondary protagonist. Igor dancing. Just throw everyone in for the lolz except P1 and P2 cast.

Vylash

That difference. Though its not like anybody enjoyed Marie being everywhere (I think). Didn't someone mention that the writers were surprised that the viewers liked the episode featuring the antagonist a lot more than the others? The theory made before probably holds true: the less Marie the better (at least not making her more important than all the other members combined).

Also, I don't think anybody really wanted this anime that badly. Sure it was an OK idea, but there probably wasn't much demand. And despite being shorter, there were still really big quality fluctuations in a bad way. Also some scripting was weird, like Narukami utterly destroying the mob of Haberie thingies at the beginning and
Ameno Sagiri,
yet struggling against
random enemies in the hollow forest. Or skipping second evolution and going to final evolution, including Narukami, for Marie.

They still have one chance to make the bonus episode good though. Just have to significantly reduce Marie's role in the episode, and increase everybody else's presence. Reverse what they did for the other episodes in the anime: make Marie speak only a few lines (if at all), and make everyone else speak a whole lot more.

:(

Dantis

Wouldn't it be great if we got an update on Persona 4 Dancing next week?

It would, but personally I'm not expecting anything for a while. Based on what we've seen and what they said, it seems like they rebooted everything. I bet they're only a few months into proper development.

I'd definitely like to see some Dancing, but I'm okay with waiting (within reason) until it's ready to be shown.

Also, sorry if this is obvious, but has it been mentioned in any P3 art book or reference material that Port Island was based on Odaiba in the Tokyo Bay area in anyway? Because I was just there and it's surprisingly similar, especially when comparing the Rainbow and Moonlight bridges.

Kazzy

I'd definitely like to see some Dancing, but I'm okay with waiting (within reason) until it's ready to be shown.

Also, sorry if this is obvious, but has it been mentioned in any P3 art book or reference material that Port Island was based on Odaiba in the Tokyo Bay area in anyway? Because I was just there and it's surprisingly similar, especially when comparing the Rainbow and Moonlight bridges.

Pretty much all the locations in these games have real-life analogues.

Odaiba is awesome. The train you can get to reach there is probably one of the most chill that I've ridden.

I approve of Igor dancing.
It's not gonna' happen.

Please no-Sho.

So they are going to be no-Sho's? You can't be 100% sho.

tumblr_namwud9IT71r35krjo1_1280.png

The puns will be missed.

I'm guessing you liked Marie, or the animation? In general quite a few people didn't enjoy it. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like Marie being so prominent and the other members of the cast being overshadowed. Sometimes the team members of the IT would be present and not really say anything outside of a few words or 'Marie'. Have you read any of the comments made by other members of gaf? Some are in this thread, and others can be found on the thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852616

Another Edit: Does Sho actually call Labrys a toaster?

I guess Atlus is pretty in touch with these things, like the fsteak in Marie's social link.

Also the ability to edit titles for online in ultimax is awesome. On a youtube video someone has Superior Wife Naoto Shirogane lol.

arue

Whoa you're right.
I'll be visiting Japan this winter, so I'll make sure to ride the train when I visit there!

I think I can bear a no-sho.

Dang, pun game on point.

I'm not sure if any references to him is going to be left within Arena games only. I can't really imagine him dancing. There's also P5 but if he does sho up chances are he's going to be a mini-boss of some sort considering he can beat persona-users.

Maybe it was all an elaborate troll and the trailer was actually for a party member and Sho is the OP protagonist.

And he'll sho up in the game like:

tumblr_nbkoubBW7X1rese7wo2_1280.jpg

I'm not sure if any references to him is going to be left within Arena games only. I can't really imagine him dancing. There's also P5 but if he does sho up chances are he's going to be a mini-boss of some sort considering he can beat persona-users.

Maybe it was all an elaborate troll and the trailer was actually for a party member and Sho is the OP protagonist.

Since when did trolling become a good thing?
In all honesty, if Sho IS the P5MC, I think I'll skip it. He'll be hard enough to bear as a party member.

"It's time for a SHOdown with SHO hahaha"

SHOprise muthafuker lol. good one petrock.

Sho's interactions with Labrys are brilliant. The amount of crude insults that he throws at her are hilarious.
They love each other really. :)
In regards to appearances in Persona 5, let's be real, we all know Marie will be the one that makes a cameo. Hell, she might even be on the main cast 0_o

Since when did trolling become a good thing?
In all honesty, if Sho IS the P5MC, I think I'll skip it. He'll be hard enough to bear as a party member.

Not saying I want it, but what happened with the in-game files for ultimax labeling Sho as P5 Hero? And was it confirmed that chairy potter was the protagonist? We all just assumed that right he was right? I remember someone posted something saying that 'what if he wasn't the protagonist' but it was more with regards to all the fanart and stuff drawn of him that labeled him as such.

"It's time for a SHOdown with SHO hahaha"

SHOprise muthafuker lol. good one petrock.

Sho's interactions with Labrys are brilliant. The amount of crude insults that he throws at her are hilarious.
They love each other really. :)
In regards to appearances in Persona 5, let's be real, we all know Marie will be the one that makes a cameo. Hell, she might even be on the main cast 0_o

I admit I chuckled a bit when I saw it too. I like lame jokes. I didn't make it, but saw it on Tumblr. There were other variations but more spoiler-ish so I didn't post it.

pan-hime

Not saying I want it, but what happened with the in-game files for ultimax labeling Sho as P5 Hero?
it was myth-busted. Sho is labeled "newboss_o" everywhere else, while P5HERO is referenced only once.

And was it confirmed that chairy potter was the protagonist? We all just assumed that right he was right? I remember someone posted something saying that 'what if he wasn't the protagonist' but it was more with regards to all the fanart and stuff drawn of him that labeled him as such.
I hope he is the protagonist. If not, I'll flip.

FluxWaveZ

Ugh. Now I hope the protagonist is Sho and that the guy with the glasses is killed by whatever he's staring at five minutes into the game.

Top Bottom