• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

So umm other then making myself resist/immune to electric is there any trick to Fanatic Tower other then a slow grind fight? Yukari is the only ally who can consistently hit it with garu... but she dies in one hit to it's magic attacks. The other three go for strike attacks... which it has dodge strike which makes me feel trolled :X

As far as I can tell it can only attack with electric attacks making Akihiko immortal...

George is Tatsuya...pls...
What you didn't want another Marie clone....
DJsFtOv.png

Caladrius

So umm other then making myself resist/immune to electric is there any trick to Fanatic Tower other then a slow grind fight? Yukari is the only ally who can consistently hit it with garu... but she dies in one hit to it's magic attacks. The other three go for strike attacks... which it has dodge strike which makes me feel trolled :X

As far as I can tell it can only attack with electric attacks making Akihiko immortal...

What Persona are you using?

What Persona are you using?

I'm using a Take-Minakata with media to keep me and Akihiko alive while he just melees and I switch over to a Narcissus to use magaru (I know but Narcissus doesn't have garu). I'm still in my first attempt on the fight, I gave up on reviving Junpei and Yukari and just stuck with it "well it can't kill me so I win technically"

Edit: and that worked lol, was even able to revive Junpei before I won, not the prettiest win but it worked

Caladrius

I'm using a Take-Minakata with media to keep me and Akihiko alive while he just melees and I switch over to a Narcissus to use magaru (I know but Narcissus doesn't have garu). I'm still in my first attempt on the fight, I gave up on reviving Junpei and Yukari and just stuck with it "well it can't kill me so I win technically"

You're probably not going to want to hear this, but it'd probably be best to re-fuse Narcissus to give him Media and/or Garu(la) (or if you're playing P3P get a wind skill card for Minakata). As it is your damage output is insufficient. Your SP is unlikely to outlast them at the pace you're going.

Do you have a sukukaja/sukunda user to increase your melee users' accuracy? They'll still miss often, but the chances of hitting are significantly better.

You're probably not going to want to hear this, but it'd probably be best to re-fuse Narcissus to give him Media and/or Garu(la) (or if you're playing P3P get a wind skill card for Minakata). As it is your damage output is insufficient. Your SP is unlikely to outlast them at the pace you're going.

Do you have a sukukaja/sukunda user to increase your melee users' accuracy? They'll still miss often, but the chances of hitting are significantly better.

Yeah I did, but I honestly forgot about it until the point where I knew I had the fight won. Guess I'll do more fusion and see what I can get

Also the Narcissus I have was just a random pick up didn't fuse it at all lol

Also can you even fuse a Narcissus with media? Been trying for like 5 minutes and it's not once shown up. Do I need to have a higher level in the lovers social link (aka any level at all) before that's an option?

Vylash

okay i'm farther in P3P than i've ever managed to get

this game feels like such a chore, none of the characters are clicking for me outside of Yukari and Tartarus is such a drag, but i'm barely into it so i'm praying this picks up

FluxWaveZ

HAPPY TUESDAY EVERYONE!

I guess that confirms he's the art director again. Which seemed obvious, but still has me so fucking relieved.

I was just about to edit my post to include that! What a tease! XD

Nice to get confirmation, though.

I thought I understood what Soejima meant, but the following passage now confuses me: "Persona 5, compared to the other titles that have been announced.."

Don't know if it's USgamer editorializing something or what, but I thought this was referring to Soejima's work on P5 contrasted to other announced titles where he's but the character designer, however that might not be the case based on the wording. Only games that come to mind in terms of announced ones he's working on are P4D and P5; perhaps PQ was also counted based on the date of the interview and/or if he was specifically addressing an NA audience or not. Wish it was clearer.

This is gonna sound like an odd complaint and a "well duh its a ____ summoning game" but I hate how in "____ summoning" games how fusion is always so ridiculously better then simply leveling your current monsters/persona/summons/etc. Just doing a bunch of random fusions ended up netting me really powerful Persona that trivialized the remainder of the first half of the 3rd tartarus block. Persona doubles down on fusions > leveling your old monsters by basically making it so that actually leveling a persona takes forever BUT if you fuse it with even just a level 1 social rank it basically gets a free level and generally access to another spell.

It's an incredibly minor complaint, but when I get attached to my team of monsters only to merge em together so that I can stop struggling and get new monsters that look aesthetically dumb it just makes me sad :[

Guess it's something I'll just have to get used to considering I've bought like half the SMT games on sale over the past year :X

Caladrius

Yeah I did, but I honestly forgot about it until the point where I knew I had the fight won. Guess I'll do more fusion and see what I can get

Also the Narcissus I have was just a random pick up didn't fuse it at all lol

Also can you even fuse a Narcissus with media? Been trying for like 5 minutes and it's not once shown up. Do I need to have a higher level in the lovers social link (aka any level at all) before that's an option?

Persona have inheritance attributes that determine what they're most likely to learn. Naturally this is done so that it makes it arbitrarily difficult or impossible to cover your weaknesses/skill deficiencies and makes fusion chaining a pain in the ass. I think Narcissus is geared toward status ailments, so that might be why.

And sometimes the RNG is just a dick.

All games Pre-devil survivor have this system (Other than Digital Devil Saga 1+2). All games from Devil Survivor onward except for P3P and SMT: Strange Journey allow for player-selected inheritance.

It's an incredibly minor complaint, but when I get attached to my team of monsters only to merge em together so that I can stop struggling and get new monsters that look aesthetically dumb it just makes me sad :[

Guess it's something I'll just have to get used to considering I've bought like half the SMT games on sale over the past year :X

If it's any consolation, by the end of most SMT games you usually get the tools to make any Persona/Demon you want, which can then be saved to the compendium for use in future playthroughs.

SMT4 in particular lets you do insane shit with your demons. (I'd show you my demon collection, but imageshack is being stupid for some reason.Tried linking an old post of mine but clicking any of the links just redirects to the image info screen without showing the pic.
I do have the save file still handy so I could just take more pics from it...
)

I thought I understood what Soejima meant, but the following passage now confuses me: "Persona 5, compared to the other titles that have been announced.."

Don't know if it's USgamer editorializing something or what, but I thought this was referring to Soejima's work on P5 contrasted to other announced titles where he's but the character designer, however that might not be the case based on the wording. Only games that come to mind in terms of announced ones he's working on are P4D and P5; perhaps PQ was also counted based on the date of the interview and/or if he was specifically addressing an NA audience or not. Wish it was clearer.

I'm assuming that "other announced titles" is referring to PQ and P4D. It's an interview with USgamer and it makes sense to address the NA audience. Plus Soejima says "I'm involved in it much more than just the character designs." We know he's "just" the character designer for the two spinoffs, so I'm inferring that he's the P5 art director. I guess it really isn't concrete confirmation but it looks to be that way, doesn't it? We could always ask the author of the article, @gamespite on twitter.

If it was real I would buy it 11/10. Though one year in real time....

And I maxed Shu social link. Won't say it was incredible, but he kind of reminded me a bit of myself, with the fact that the only thing he's relatively good at is academics and he lacks skills in everything else. But in the end, I did it all for Yoshitsune. And maybe a bit for Mara... (jk Mara got nerfed, no Maralagidyne)

Edit: Mara does get Absorb Phys, which is really good. Shame that phys is one of the types where repel is almost just as good because few enemies that use physical attacks actually absorb or nullify it. And I think the final boss has really no physical attacks, just looked and there's only agneyastra. Which repelling would probably good for as well.

Looking at the moveset I've never seen 1/2 the moves used against me.

Xenoflare

PGAF, I know this is nothing Persona related, but TIFU.

Cross post from a post I made in the DW8 OT.

Bascially, I bought the Dynasty Warrior 8's expansion pack for PS3 thinking it's the "definitive" edition of the game since it's the same since both the Vita and PS4 edition are like that. I spent $50 on a shell of a game, and I cannot return it because it was a impulse buy in ebgames, which do not accept opened returns apparently, unless you have it's membership. I've been waiting for a "complete" version for DW8 since it's release

Soooo.... do I spend more money to get DW8? Or just seal this game away and never think about it?

Dantis

Well I remember him being mention as returning. It may have been in the Famitsu interview Hashino gave.

He's not been referred to as the art director in any official capacity. Hashino didn't refer to him as that, either.

I'm pretty sure that's what he means in the interview, though. In Ultimax, PQ and P4D he's just the character designer. In P5 he's doing a lot more than that.

Simples.

Holy shit, this is good.

I died at "Celebrating Hanukkah with Tanaka!"

Persona have inheritance attributes that determine what they're most likely to learn. Naturally this is done so that it makes it arbitrarily difficult or impossible to cover your weaknesses/skill deficiencies and makes fusion chaining a pain in the ass. I think Narcissus is geared toward status ailments, so that might be why.

And sometimes the RNG is just a dick.

All games Pre-devil survivor have this system (Other than Digital Devil Saga 1+2). All games from Devil Survivor onward except for P3P and SMT: Strange Journey allow for player-selected inheritance.

If it's any consolation, by the end of most SMT games you usually get the tools to make any Persona/Demon you want, which can then be saved to the compendium for use in future playthroughs.

SMT4 in particular lets you do insane shit with your demons. (I'd show you my demon collection, but imageshack is being stupid for some reason.Tried linking an old post of mine but clicking any of the links just redirects to the image info screen without showing the pic.
I do have the save file still handy so I could just take more pics from it...
)

Cool info thanks, sucks about skill acquisition for fusion being so random though

PK Gaming

Soejima said:
"I also think the two protagonists — the P3 protagonist and the P4 protagonist — may have evolved even more than she has. Originally in the games, they were meant to be in the background so the player could 'become' that character. After the game was released, and the movie, and the anime... these characters have personalities now. A lot of that comes from the way players saw the protagonists as they were playing."

It... it feels nice being vindicated by the big man himself

jHRXuSE.png

Top Bottom