• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Setsu00

To those who are participating in the charity thing, how are you faring with your work so far?
I think I just shot myself in the foot or something.

I scrapped my original sketch yesterday and re-drew it completely. I wasn't satisfied with it all, especially since it's for a charity project. Hopefully I'll get it done in time, but I'm quite optimistic so far.

sakuori

I just used a different coloring style, got a bit far and now struggling at it because I don't want to repeat it with my usual thing.

:C

arue

I only have a rough sketch done and I have no idea if I can finish it by the Nov 1 deadline. I have a scholarship essay due on Oct 30, so I'm doing that first.

Gbraga

The Persona Music Box 2014 tracklist is kinda awesome. Now to wait an entire year before I can watch it on blu-ray >_<

I wish they wouldn't take so long to release it...

Setsu00

The next PSC episode will be up on October 31.

This might be either rather boring or rather interesting considering they have no game to promote right now. I don't think they'll drop those P5 news they teased in the last show, though.

Post the tracklist for us? :D

01.MAZE OF LIFE
02.True Story
03.Break Out Of...
04.Burn My Dread -Last Battle-
05.Your Affection
06.Signs Of Love
07.Pursuing My True Self
08.key plus words
09.Next Chance to Move On
10.Dazzling Smile
11.Time To Make History
12.When The Moon's Reaching Out Stars
13.Burn My Dread
14.P3 fes
15.&#12461;&#12511;&#12398;&#35352;&#25014;
16.Heaven
17.SNOWFLAKES
18.NOW I KNOW
19.Best Friends
20.Light the Fire Up in the Night "KAGEJIKAN"
21.Light the Fire Up in the Night "MAYONAKA"
22.Laser Beam
23.Mass Destruction
24.Fate is In Our Hands
25.Never More
26.changing me

EN01.Today
EN02.Deep Breath Deep Breath &#65374;Lotus Juice Remix&#65374;
EN03.Reach Out To The Truth

Style

Banned
To those who are participating in the charity thing, how are you faring with your work so far?
I think I just shot myself in the foot or something.

Did you release Final Fantasy XIII on the 360?

iby7cQwHOstmLi.gif

Took me a while to get the connection between the two statements, but I get it now.
ib1mul8sg0V2D8.gif

iVSG8Ja.png

Hey guys,

So, yesterday I was speaking to the voice actress for Margaret, Michelle Ann Dunphy, about an upcoming charity event to aid the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Michelle will be organizing an auction/raffle, which will consist of Persona fan art signed by the voice actors and actresses of the game. 100% of the proceeds will go towards the charity.

In case some of you don't know, this is a charity close to Michelle's heart, as she once was a victim of bullying and suicidal thoughts.

You can read more about it here

Im sure some of us can relate to this, either personally, or through friends and family that have experienced similar issues.

Michelle has asked fans to donate some artwork for the auction. Since there are a number of us on here that like to draw, I thought it would be a good idea for us to submit some pieces.

If you're interested, then please submit your work to michelle@michelleann.com. The files need to be 300 dpi, a minimum of 3 MP = 2048 x 1536 pixels so that she can get them printed. Drawings can be in black and white or color. You can also include a personal artist bio to complement your work.

Id encourage everyone to take part, even if you're not particularly good at drawing. Alternatively, you could simply donate to the charity using the following link.

American Foundation for Suicide Prevention

Thanks guys. :)

P.S, Michelle just messaged me and said she would also like to preview some of the work. Those that take part, perhaps we could to a post dump like we do with the "week of" sessions and send her the link?

W1jM8zb.png

tumblr_mdrk01YPti1rpn6xxo1_500.gif

Well, I love Michelle and you're a great person for doing this Lelouch, so count me in!

This might be either rather boring or rather interesting considering they have no game to promote right now. I don't think they'll drop those P5 news they teased in the last show, though.

They teased something during the last show? All I remember happening is them talking to fans during TGS, as well as their stage show.

Wasn't there a Halloween event in P4G? Maybe they'll do something with that.

You mean the event that you prepare all day for, only for nothing to happen? Yeah, they might go that route.

Haha.

Mdesilva

In the midst of my awfully-large backlog, I decided to start a new run of Persona 3 yesterday! Not really the best decision there to replay a game instead of playing a new one, but I felt really compelled to do it, so I didn't care.

It's a P3P Female Protagonist run on Hard mode! So far I really like the fact that it's the same story but from a different perspective, so the characters all act differently as well, because it sorta plays with your expectations. Junpei seems especially cool here.

Dat Wiping All Out. http://youtu.be/-iy47Q--EbU

kewlmyc

The next PSC episode will be up on October 31.

I hope they give a release date for the Persona 3 Movie 2 BD/DVD release. The first movie was released on BD/DVD 6 months after the theatrical release, so hopefully P3M2 gets released in December. It's also weird that we've heard nothing of the 3rd movie, Falling Down.

Looking up the liveblog I've got my info from, it seems the character gags and "remember when X did this?" stuff will largely be relegated to throwaway one-liners during battle. A vast improvement from dedicating entire scenes to them, I say.

FluxWaveZ

Maybe they'll show the cover of Persona Magazine's next issue during next week's Persona Stalker Club episode. This month's episode is probably the first where nothing much of note regarding Persona has occurred leading up to it, so maybe it'll be interview focused.

Moonlight

Banned
Dagnabbit! Should've seen that coming...

EDIT: Also, how much of this flanderization can we blame on Hiimdaisy?
On Yu's part, very little. Hiimdaisy mostly just characterized him as getting increasingly uncomfortable about the insanity around him.

Chie's steak obsession growing in power level is maybe arguable.

Dantis

On Yu's part, very little. Hiimdaisy mostly just characterized him as getting increasingly uncomfortable about the insanity around him.

Chie's steak obsession growing in power level is maybe arguable.

WOT R U TLKING ABOUT THAT WAS ALWAYS IN THE GAME OMG UR DUM

Maybe they'll show the cover of Persona Magazine's next issue during next week's Persona Stalker Club episode. This month's episode is probably the first where nothing much of note regarding Persona has occurred leading up to it, so maybe it'll be interview focused.

A magazine cover is definitely the kind of 'exclusive scoop' I can imagine PSC having, at least...

In the midst of my awfully-large backlog, I decided to start a new run of Persona 3 yesterday! Not really the best decision there to replay a game instead of playing a new one, but I felt really compelled to do it, so I didn't care.

It's a P3P Female Protagonist run on Hard mode! So far I really like the fact that it's the same story but from a different perspective, so the characters all act differently as well, because it sorta plays with your expectations. Junpei seems especially cool here.

Dat Wiping All Out. http://youtu.be/-iy47Q--EbU

You mean like the part where he says that she shouldn't be the leader because she's a girl? Yeah, that was cool...

You mean like the part where he says that she shouldn't be the leader because she's a girl? Yeah, that was cool...

To be fair, Junpei is a complete tit at the beginning.
The fact that he grew out of that was what made him so appealing for me. Not to mention my favourite character in The Answer.

... Mass Effect is Canadian.
But you're absolutely right about the growing fixation on the romantic aspect.

Ah well. I'll always have SMT for summoning Mara and six-titted Satan.

Oh, it's a running gag with me to call that a JRPG and EO WRPG to fuck with that old "JRPG vs WRPG" crap that breaks every general RPG thread. I'm still dead goddamn serious and correct about the dating sim part.

They teased something during the last show? All I remember happening is them talking to fans during TGS, as well as their stage show.

Haha.

At this point, even I'm getting thirsty for P5 news so I hoping there's something, and I'm usually calm about it! I mean, we are getting awful close to release and only one real, concrete info has been given.

Oh, it's a running gag with me to call that a JRPG and EO WRPG to fuck with that old "JRPG vs WRPG" crap that breaks every general RPG thread. I'm still dead goddamn serious and correct about the dating sim part.

At this point, even I'm getting thirsty for P5 news so I hoping there's something, and I'm usually calm about it! I mean, we are getting awful close to release and only one real, concrete info has been given.

Ah. And yes, you're completely right.
As for P5, I'm watching it with a slightly steadier hand. It's not like I'll run out of SMT games to play.

Sophia

I dunno about you, but I actually liked that part. Not because of Junpei, but because of Mitsuru. It's one of the few times in which she displays any real differences towards the female protagonist.

Maybe I should actually beat P3P entirely some day.

Apparently Mitsuru still gives you motorcycle keys. I don't think you ever ride on it though, regardless of male or female. Though I suppose in general you never use any of the gifts that you get.

I know in P4 you can hang out with people you date, but can you hang out with any in P3P once you max them out? I know for Rio and Fuuka, for example, there is no option to waste your time with them, even though if you think about it you're still part of the volleyball team, clubs, etc. In my opinion it makes it feel more like you ditch them (not that many people would hang out with max s-links given the option to).

I wouldn't mind if there was some more dialogue you can unlock if you hang out after max, even if there is no actual benefit to it. Like Shinjiro, you get an extra scene after max if you decide to spend more time with him.

Maybe I should actually beat P3P entirely some day.

Apparently Mitsuru still gives you motorcycle keys. I don't think you ever ride on it though, regardless of male or female. Though I suppose in general you never use any of the gifts that you get.

I know in P4 you can hang out with people you date, but can you hang out with any in P3P once you max them out? I know for Rio and Fuuka, for example, there is no option to waste your time with them, even though if you think about it you're still part of the volleyball team, clubs, etc. In my opinion it makes it feel more like you ditch them (not that many people would hang out with max s-links given the option to).

I wouldn't mind if there was some more dialogue you can unlock if you hang out after max, even if there is no actual benefit to it. Like Shinjiro, you get an extra scene after max if you decide to spend more time with him.

I know that you can do it in FES. I managed a day with Yukari after
Aigis' social link.

Also, since you brought her up, I call for "You thought it would be X, but it was ME, RIO!" as a meme.

In P4AU do all the character have quotes like "Up, huh?" and "Down huh?" I notice quite a few do. I can see it possibly getting annoying after a while.

Edit:
I know that you can do it in FES. I managed a day with Yukari after
Aigis' social link.

Also, since you brought her up, I call for "You thought it would be X, but it was ME, RIO!" as a meme.

Had to look up what the meme was. I'm guessing that you can hang out with love interests, not friends? I can't really think of any other explanation, I did not get max lovers route with anyone in FeMC route.

In P4AU do all the character have quotes like "Up, huh?" and "Down huh?" I notice quite a few do. I can see it possibly getting annoying after a while.

Edit:

Had to look up what the meme was. I'm guessing that you can hang out with love interests, not friends? I can't really think of any other explanation, I did not get max lovers route with anyone in FeMC route.

That got annoying before release. "Up, huh?" dominated the twitch chat before I closed it.

I dunno about you, but I actually liked that part. Not because of Junpei, but because of Mitsuru. It's one of the few times in which she displays any real differences towards the female protagonist.

I completely agree with this. I was actually surprised to see the change in dialogue there, and it was a welcome change at that. Honestly, Junpei's relationship with FeMC is, I think, a bit trickier than with Makoto, mostly due to his added S.Link in P3P.

With Makoto, Junpei's arc of jealousy makes a bit more sense because the plot completely drives his interactions with the player and the rest of SEES. The external events cause him to flow in and out of their graces until near the end of the game when there's a final reconciliation between him and Makoto. In P3P, however, you still have that jealousy arc, but this time it's juxtaposed against his largely upbeat S.Link with FeMC, where there isn't a hint of what's going on otherwise. Although I think Junpei's S.Link is one of the best in that game, it is somewhat jarring to go between it and the main plot, at least early in the game.

PK Gaming

That was a very good scene.

Junpei is a compassionate and supportive dude, but he's also incredibly insecure. I could definitely see his jealously leading into that sexist outburst. And you know what? I'm down with that. I'm down with the developers making Junpei a little sexist in FeMCs. Because if it causes him to grow as a character, then it's absolutely worth it in the end. (and he does). I always appreciate it when characters have these dark, awful traits that make them more human.

Shoutouts for giving Mitsuru (who up until now has been fairly static) a chance to express herself, and condemn Junpei for his sexist attidude. In the end, Junpei's able to cast aside his jealousy and sexism, and he ultimately comes out as a stronger character, imo.

I completely agree with this. I was actually surprised to see the change in dialogue there, and it was a welcome change at that. Honestly, Junpei's relationship with FeMC is, I think, a bit trickier than with Makoto, mostly due to his added S.Link in P3P.

With Makoto, Junpei's arc of jealousy makes a bit more sense because the plot completely drives his interactions with the player and the rest of SEES. The external events cause him to flow in and out of their graces until near the end of the game when there's a final reconciliation between him and Makoto. In P3P, however, you still have that jealousy arc, but this time it's juxtaposed against his largely upbeat S.Link with FeMC, where there isn't a hint of what's going on otherwise. Although I think Junpei's S.Link is one of the best in that game, it is somewhat jarring to go between it and the main plot, at least early in the game.

Yeh, I think it would have been better if Junpei's social link had been locked up until a certain point in the narrative.

Top Bottom