• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Wow. Well, fuck me for waiting for the European versions of your games, Atlus.

If this is indeed true, I guess that means that we won't get any of the PQ DLC either?

At first I was considering getting the game from US PSN but then I decided to wait for the european version to support it since it's not a big delay.
Guess I'm going back to plan A if this turns out to be true, I doubt it but I'm expecting anything at this point.

It's a shame that the arena writers make Yukiko into such a joke character. Replaying P4G she participates in the Junes roundtable deductions as much as Yosuke does.

Yeah, they really Flanderized her character in the Arena games, because she wasn't really that bad in P4 to be honest. Yeah, she was awful at cooking and had laughing fits, but she was a decent character all around. But they ran those jokes into the ground and beyond, and I just had to roll my eyes at it all.

Sophia

Yeah, they really Flanderized her character in the Arena games, because she wasn't really that bad in P4 to be honest. Yeah, she was awful at cooking and had laughing fits, but she was a decent character all around. But they ran those jokes into the ground and beyond, and I just had to roll my eyes at it all.

She's not even that bad in Ultimax, it's just really the first Arena where her characterization took a massive nosedive.

I thought they became Ultimate Musicians over the course of, like, two days.

To be fair, they mention having some experience. So I can buy that. But yes, it's pretty convenient.

EDIT: I'm not that far in right now, but I ended up kinda liking
Opertation Up Close And Personal. Namely because you don't have to really hit on anyone and you get to troll the girls who think Inaba's been taken over by pigs. Also, it gives Hanako a much more dramatic entrance, with more of a reason to hate her.

I suppose this is a well-worn question, but what does everyone think of the new Investigation Team events added to Golden? Because I quite like the ski trip, but I'm neutral on the other events. I don't dislike any of them really, but I wouldn't miss anything but the ski trip.

Tamanon

Banned
I liked the Beach Trip and even the Band scene.

Mostly I just like that they did more stuff together. It seemed in the original game they only got together every month or so.

Meia

New scenes with the crew hanging out together was always welcome. There wasn't just the big scenes where everyone was apart of(beach trip, skip trip), but you also had a lot of new scenes with Yu hanging out with the others(the night time scenes periodically update during the course of the year, so there's a TON of stuff there you may never see), as well as characters hanging out with each other without Yu(Kanji and Yukiko hanging out).

The only one I really disliked was the band thing. Not so much that it happened, but you only need to play an instrument for a few days before you can perform in front of people. This is an idea they could have presented earlier in the game with Yu and crew preparing for it over time, so it was something that at least could have been handled better. Can't say it's a "bad" scene anyway considering who shows up during it.

The second bath house scene can jump in a fiery pit tho.

PK Gaming

I liked the Beach Trip and even the Band scene.

Mostly I just like that they did more stuff together. It seemed in the original game they only got together every month or so.

Ditto

Even the little things, like Yosuke asking Yu and Chie to help him out at Junes were welcomed. I liked any addition that strengthened their friendship.

So does Persona Q assumedly have Persona 3/4 spoilers? Thinking of preordering the crazy edition for my sister for Christmas but she's only played 3, hasn't done 4 yet.

So does Persona Q assumedly have Persona 3/4 spoilers? Thinking of preordering the crazy edition for my sister for Christmas but she's only played 3, hasn't done 4 yet.

I don't think either game's characters come from a point in their games where anything spoileriffic has happened. (Aside from Naoto as a party member, I guess...) So you should be safe if you haven't finished 3 and 4.

Gonna have to disagree with you on that. The FIRST one can jump into a burning pit of fire, but the second one isn't that bad
once you take resistances into account.

I thought it was almighty.

Also, I liked the new events outside of the bathhouse, not that I really liked the first. For some reason I didn't like the actual band cutscene itself, but the days leading up to it were fine.
Liked how Namatame showed up
I liked how Yukiko and Chie weren't making any sound first time (I didn't either when I attempted to for the first time).

Though I like more character interactions and stuff, I'm not sure how many spin-off games/products I want with this cast. I like them a lot, especially since I played P4 first, but then there's the chance that they might get 'flanderized' or I might simply get sick of seeing them so often. The timeline is already a bit weird. And Rise's fighting persona is probably the one we'll see in DAN, meaning that her other evolutions just aren't there? I guess this will be true for the other cast. Though seeing personas dancing is going to be odd no matter what.

Looks more like
Hot Lightning/
Ziodyne to me.

EDIT:
Rather light, from what I've seen
, and even then it's understandable to a degree since these characters aren't post-game. They actually have a reason to not be as developed.

I meant
I thought Hot Lightning was almighty type. I'm pretty sure in Golden Animation, as much as some of us would like to forget it, that she purposely attacks Yu with it. Though I don't think the writers would care even if Narukami was immune to it.
Saw a PQ thing for the manga (I think) p4 spoilers
and if I didn't play P4 I could probably be convinced Yukiko is the killer based off of her expression at one point

Also for P4 Golden is there much substance to a 3rd tier persona? I don't recall anything extremely important happening between tiers 2 and 3? Just wondering what you guys think about another evolution because I saw a comic that kind of criticized it, though it wasn't updated with arena.
tumblr_ndbnhkdAQh1r36v45o4_r1_1280.png

PK Gaming

I meant
I thought Hot Lightning was almighty type. I'm pretty sure in Golden Animation, as much as some of us would like to forget it, that she purposely attacks Yu with it. Though I don't think the writers would care even if Narukami was immune to it.
Saw a PQ thing for the manga (I think) p4 spoilers
and if I didn't play P4 I could probably be convinced Yukiko is the killer based off of her expression at one point

Also for P4 Golden is there much substance to a 3rd tier persona? I don't recall anything extremely important happening between tiers 2 and 3? Just wondering what you guys think about another evolution because I saw a comic that kind of criticized it, though it wasn't updated with arena.

Friggin hilarious

Nimby

Banned
How's SMT3 on PS3? I heard there are a lot of issues with DDS on PS3, since they use the same engine so......

Runs perfectly I believe (never played PS2 version). DDS has some framerate issues that I wish they would get around to fixing.

Some of the text descriptions in item shops are running off the screen though.

Runs perfectly I believe (never played PS2 version). DDS has some framerate issues that I wish they would get around to fixing.

Some of the text descriptions in item shops are running off the screen though.

DDS has it's fair share of problems including some insanely out of sync audio not sure if some of those issues are exclusive to the EU PSN version but Nocturne seemed to run fine in the hour or so I played, it's kind of crazy how vast the difference in performance is between the two.

Nimby

Banned
DDS has it's fair share of problems including some insanely out of sync audio not sure if some of those issues are exclusive to the EU PSN version but Nocturne seemed to run fine in the hour or so I played, it's kind of crazy how vast the difference in performance is between the two.

I thought it was just poor lip-syncing at first, but lots of in-game cutscenes suffer from serious delays, the CGI ones play fine though. Weirdly, some sounds don't trigger as well, how does that even happen?

I wonder if DDS2 has the same problems?

I thought it was just poor lip-syncing at first, but lots of in-game cutscenes suffer from serious delays, the CGI ones play fine though. Weirdly, some sounds don't trigger as well, how does that even happen?

I wonder if DDS2 has the same problems?

It is kind of comical having the sound of something being violently eaten playing over a scene where people are talking because the audio played really early or late. I wouldn't be surprised if DDS2 has similar problems.

Caladrius

It is kind of comical having the sound of something being violently eaten playing over a scene where people are talking because the audio played really early or late. I wouldn't be surprised if DDS2 has similar problems.

There's some issues but they aren't nearly as severe as DDS1, and the in-battle framerate is far better too.

Nimby

Banned
It is kind of comical having the sound of something being violently eaten playing over a scene where people are talking because the audio played really early or late.

Well, if you put it that way...

There's some issues but they aren't nearly as severe as DDS1, and the in-battle framerate is far better too.

That's good, still want to know how one game runs like complete dogshit and the other plays smoothly.

So I'm about 4 hours in to my first Persona game (P4U) I had to leave the castle to heal and resupply, when I return will I have to start from the first floor?

Nap1400

How's SMT3 on PS3? I heard there are a lot of issues with DDS on PS3, since they use the same engine so......

I've had a couple of cases where my party starts an animation and then the game just stops moving, never letting the animation finish (Dante using Stinger and never actually hitting anyone was a particularly amusing instance). And the framerate can get a little choppy when using really big animations like Focus or Megidolaon. It's not nearly as bad as DDS though.

Ive never played EO either, and i had no problems. You'll be fine.

Well, if I ever get the game (I don't have a 3DS, don't know if I'll ever get one) then at least I won't get completely destroyed, which is nice. Though I don't know if I'll get accustomed to the high SP costs.

Wonder if they'll keep up the spin-offs including P3 and P4 cast after P5 is released. Or if the spin-offs will feature the P5 cast and P3 and P4 cast will be forgotten like the P1 and P2 cast, for the most part.

I haven't played P1 or P2, so this may be spoilers, but there is a small reference in P3...

LX_Theo

Banned
Well, if I ever get the game (I don't have a 3DS, don't know if I'll ever get one) then at least I won't get completely destroyed, which is nice. Though I don't know if I'll get accustomed to the high SP costs.

Wonder if they'll keep up the spin-offs including P3 and P4 cast after P5 is released. Or if the spin-offs will feature the P5 cast and P3 and P4 cast will be forgotten like the P1 and P2 cast, for the most part.

I haven't played P1 or P2, so this may be spoilers, but there is a small reference in P3...

I definitely have no clue how the first one if a reference. (EDIT: Oh, imagery stuff, right)

The main reference to P2 in P3 is the TV has some reports on the current state of some of the characters.

budpikmin

So I went the MCM Comic Con yesterday and Rice Digital (Ultimax euro publisher) were there. They were taking preorders for the Ultimax special edition and while I was talking to the guy I asked him about the dlc. He got really cagey so I pushed for an answer and he told me 'we don't know if we can get the dlc for the euro release'. He then tried to persuade me to pre order with the mystery tshirt and said that the print on it would be the artwork used for Adachi before he fights - rather ridiculous to feature artwork of a character we're not getting no? Talk about salt in the wound.

Nimby

Banned
So I went the MCM Comic Con yesterday and Rice Digital (Ultimax euro publisher) were there. They were taking preorders for the Ultimax special edition and while I was talking to the guy I asked him about the dlc. He got really cagey so I pushed for an answer and he told me 'we don't know if we can get the dlc for the euro release'. He then tried to persuade me to pre order with the mystery tshirt and said that the print on it would be the artwork used for Adachi before he fights - rather ridiculous to feature artwork of a character we're not getting no? Talk about salt in the wound.

I figured as much. So is it Atlus's fault or Rice Digital?

Top Bottom