• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

FluxWaveZ

Really wasn't into the P4G epilogue designs. Whether P4D takes place after or before the epilogue, at least the characters don't look like they do in it.

In p4g? Nooope original>epilogue

What?!? Have to agree with dantis here, the epilogue designs are gorgeous!

In fact, while I wouldn't swap out the school uniform designs, I'd trade the summer clothes for these new ones in a heartbeat!

The colors in the ski trip and epilogue designs were what made me like them a lot.
They really popped out compared to everything else.

Also, yes, the ski trip designs are epic too!

Busaiku

The colors in the ski trip and epilogue designs were what made me like them a lot.
They really popped out compared to everything else.

Soulflarz

Banned
I think Kanji is where I didnt like it because it was so unfitting to me idk

Like i was *fine* with the others (I like the style for the majority of people in the game) but tied with normal+a kanji that scares me=worse than normal >.>

Dantis

I like the epilogue outfits, especially Chie's and Yukiko's. They're pretty fashionable.

All of the new Golden outfits are, really.

The epilogue outfits are brilliant because they're believable representations of how the cast might look after the events of P4, and where they might go in life, which is exactly what Arena's new designs don't do.

Like i was *fine* with the others (I like the style for the majority of people in the game) but tied with normal+a kanji that scares me=worse than normal >.>

If your interpretation of Kanji was that he'd go through the rest of his life dressing like a thug after the events of P4, then you have a very different view of him to me.

But Kanji is supposed to scare you when you meet him, in his original thug-like design.

a kanji that scares you = original kanji chasing you

jk i think you mean a kanji that is very different in appearance, so different that it 'scares' you

The epilogue outfits are brilliant because they're believable representations of how the cast might look after the events of P4, and where they might go in life, which is exactly what Arena's new designs don't do.

Where's that Citizen Kane applause gif?

IMO, I think Yosuke, Teddie, and Yukiko suffered from the weakest new designs, but I don't hate any of them.

Sophia

Well yeah. That wasn't the purpose of the Arena designs. :p

Soulflarz

Banned
If your interpretation of Kanji was that he'd go through the rest of his life dressing like a thug after the events of P4, then you have a very different view of him to me.

Not my interpretation, I just dont like the look on him. I dont even think its on him, I dont like that look. So yeah, my bias is very unfair there.

Okay psuedo-review of all of their looks (using the anime for laziness, smite me)
Teddie: Looks a lot more natural, doesnt look straight out of a costume shop/event
Naoto: looks more natural also, I enjoy seeing normal clothes for once :p
Yosuke: ...looks average, but I love his white jacket, so old>new due to that >.>
Marie: Looks good, I like both designs. E-erm, I mean hate. Marie is a terrible character who shouldnt exist. I dislike Marie greatly
okay shes cool dont kill me
Chie: Better
Rise: Better
Yukihiko: Im neutral to both designs, I dont really love her anyways :p
Yu is yu, indiff
Kanji....nopenopenopeX10 kills this list

There, my honest thoughts that somehow led to me saying originals are better. Just roll with it.

But Kanji is supposed to scare you when you meet him, in his original thug-like design.

a kanji that scares you = original kanji chasing you

jk i think you mean a kanji that is very different in appearance, so different that it 'scares' you

Yep its like who are you and what have you done with Kanji :p

Dantis

Well yeah. That wasn't the purpose of the Arena designs. :p

Regardless of intent, when I look at the two sets side by side as designs, it just makes me angry, honestly.

My one criticism of the epilogue designs is too many three quarter length shorts. Rise, Chie and Naoto are all wearing them!

Nimby

Banned

Exactly my problem, like psychic man.

Completely true, but lots of people still have piercings, tattoos, and dye their hair when they get older. It makes sense regarding Kanji's character though, but I still don't like it.

Sophia

Regardless of intent, when I look at the two sets side by side as designs, it just makes me angry, honestly.

My one criticism of the epilogue designs is too many three quarter length shorts. Rise, Chie and Naoto are all wearing them!

Silly thing to get angry over.
And besides, what about the P3 cast designs in the epilogue to Ultimax? Those are legit cool.

It's most likely late summer in the epilogue, so there's nothing particularly unusual about them all wearing capris. :p

Completely true, but lots of people still have piercings, tattoos, and dye their hair when they get older. It makes sense regarding Kanji's character though, but I still don't like it.

Remember this is Japan we're talking about. Tattoos especially are probably not considered socially appropriate, given the association with criminals.

Dantis

Silly thing to get angry over.
And besides, what about the P3 cast designs in the epilogue to Ultimax? Those are legit cool.

I do not like them at all. Yukari and Mitsuru look weirdly not fashionable. Particularly Mitsuru.

EDIT: Actually, Akihiko's was good. Does Junpei have one? I don't remember.

Yukari's is kind of plain though.

84X

Banned

Never noticed this, I find it easy to forget the characters exist below their torso.

Also I really like all of Rise's P4G designs, don't have a problem with the others either.

I really liked the Golden epilogue designs too. If the characters had looked the same, it would have made the whole Investigation Team seem kinda stuck in a rut to me. Happy that they changed while still being recognizable.

Dantis

Also, maybe it's just the perspectives, but how did Teddie go from being shorter than Naoto, to being taller than Yukiko.

I believe the implication is that he's had a bizarre growth spurt.

This discussion has made me sad about P4D's designs again. :(

Sophia

Yukari looks like a fashion model in casual dress in the ending, and no, Junpei doesn't have one. He's in his baseball uniform again.

I believe the implication is that he's had a bizarre growth spurt.

I don't think his height in human form was ever listed either.

Busaiku

Oh another thing I've been wondering, since I played the fighting games 1st, but why are Yu's stats unknown?
I figured he'd be some sort of shadow related thing, but he's just a regular guy.

Sophia

Yes, it was. 170cm in human form according to the art book; what is not established is his height in costume form.

Then the Golden epilogue is the correct height and the original ending was incorrect. He should be taller than Yukiko as she's only 164 cm.

Think we've had this conversation before, actually....

Oh another thing I've been wondering, since I played the fighting games 1st, but why are Yu's stats unknown?
I figured he'd be some sort of shadow related thing, but he's just a regular guy.

It's because he's the player character, he's supposed to be you in avatar form.

At least that's the only excuse I can think of, and it would have been acceptable if they didn't give him a voice, name and personality. Adding the stats seems like an oversight at this point.

Soulflarz

Banned
I do not like them at all. Yukari and Mitsuru look weirdly not fashionable. Particularly Mitsuru.

At least we can all agree Mitsuru has odd clothes :p

(Okay I cant say I liked her normal P4A costume either...)

Because he's not a character. He's a player avatar.

At least that's the only excuse I can think of, and it would have been acceptable if they didn't give him a voice, name and personality. Adding the stats seems like an oversight at this point.

Even his personality as a deadpan character is indicative of him ultimately representing the player in an RPG. People really don't want to accept this.

A player avatar who talks and
has as many dialog choices as Labrys.

eh Ultimax.

Speaking of Ultimax, remember the trailers?

lJUXBdf.jpg

nqzFN9S.jpg

Usually the trend for this graphic was showing their names in huge font on the bottom

For Yu Narukami

主人公 is shujinkou/hero/protagonist, which is what's generally used to refer to both P4MC and P3MC. 主人公 is big and in red while 鳴上 悠 or Narukami Yu is small in parentheses.

PPecaqa.gif

so I just finished Persona 4 Golden, and got the Golden ending. I can never think of enough stuff to say to make a LTTP thread, but I absolutely loved this game. The characters were amazing, and the relationship between them was much more fleshed out than in Persona 3. The story was pretty good too, and on the whole I think I liked it more than Persona 3, but both are fantastic games. Even though I don't generally like fighting games, I may have to get Arena and Ultimax just to get more of this cast! Also Persona Q! When we get an official release for Persona 5 I might go back and play P3 and P4 again on max social link runs since I never did get them all.

Anyways, fantastic game, definitely lives up to the hype.

edit: Is the epilogue considered canon? The character designs change in the epilogue a bit but go back to their old selves in Arena.

so I just finished Persona 4 Golden, and got the Golden ending. I can never think of enough stuff to say to make a LTTP thread, but I absolutely loved this game. The characters were amazing, and the relationship between them was much more fleshed out than in Persona 3. The story was pretty good too, and on the whole I think I liked it more than Persona 3, but both are fantastic games. Even though I don't generally like fighting games, I may have to get Arena and Ultimax just to get more of this cast! Also Persona Q! When we get an official release for Persona 5 I might go back and play P3 and P4 again on max social link runs since I never did get them all.

Anyways, fantastic game, definitely lives up to the hype.

edit: Is the epilogue considered canon? The character designs change in the epilogue a bit but go back to their old selves in Arena.

Arena takes place before the epilogue.
They mention in the epilogue 'since you came back in May' when Arena and Ultimax take place.

Arena takes place before the epilogue.
They mention in the epilogue 'since you came back in May' when Arena and Ultimax take place.

Ah I see, I didn't know how far after it took place

Man.

Most of those designs are cool. Chie and Rise especially.

Chie, Rise, Teddie and Naoto epilogue designs are good
Yukiko is meh
Marie is basically the same
Kanji looked better before
Yosuke is the same with shorter hair

Top Bottom