• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Busaiku

Finally beat it!
Took a while, but a lot of those game hours were cause I left it on while doing other stuff.
But yeah, harem end felt wrong. Naoto felt like NTR. If I do New Game+, she's definitely getting friended.
Also, holy crap, Teddie is super short. I think ArcSys made him taller.

Overall, it was great though.
If this was the standard Persona 4 ending, which I believe just ended with the Sagiri, it would've felt kind of anticlimactic. I was spoiled on stuff earlier, but it wasn't related to the plot, mostly just the characters.
I was following a Social Link guide, so I actually thought Hollow Forest was the last dungeon, in which case I would've been super disappointed, cause that was super anticlimactic.
I thought it was just a super long denouement, which I thought was kind of cool in its own way. I thought the stuff described on the last day was just some epilogue stuff.
But then I was shocked when not only the gas attendant was a woman, but there was a whole nother dungeon, and a true True Boss. Definitely felt like proper closure with that.
While it seems scaled down compared to Persona 3, the last boss definitely made it feel like a worthy bookend.

Teddie having Kintoki Douji in Persona 4 Arena also makes no sense.
The others sure, but that is a guaranteed change.

Finally beat it!
Took a while, but a lot of those game hours were cause I left it on while doing other stuff.
But yeah, harem end felt wrong. Naoto felt like NTR. If I do New Game+, she's definitely getting friended.
Also, holy crap, Teddie is super short. I think ArcSys made him taller.

Overall, it was great though.

Teddie having Kintoki Douji in Persona 4 Arena also makes no sense.
The others sure, but that is a guaranteed change.

Glad we agree.

Also, vanilla P4 just didn't have the hollow forest. You still fight Izanami.

Nimby

Banned
Weren't characters in P4A supposed to have both of their Personas? Seems like a much cooler idea, having two versions of each character based on their evolutions.

Finally beat it!

Nice one! Now go for the platinum! Here's a hint, it'll take a while, but it's doable on your first Ng+ run if you do it perfectly.

Except the risette fan trophy, that shits just luck and procedurally doing every possible action in battle with every character (including dying).

Busaiku

Oh, I did absolutely hate the animated scenes though, except for the Ski Trip and the last one.
The characters looked so inconsistent and Teddie always had that stupid scowl, even when talking.
I liked those 2 though cause I liked the clothing designs.

FluxWaveZ

Weren't characters in P4A supposed to have both of their Personas? Seems like a much cooler idea, having two versions of each character based on their evolutions.

That was never stated; it's just that Sound Test has all of the P4 characters (except for Rise) call out their evolved Personas while all of the P3 characters have clips calling out their original Personas.

The original P4 Personas are just more iconic at this point. With the exception of Rise's, they'll probably all still be the original Personas in P4D.

Meia

I just don't get why both arena games have all of the characters calling out both of their personas in the sound tests. It's just....weird if they're not included in the game too.

In terms of Golden vs. Vanilla, as has been said,
you don't have anything after the christmas event with Nanako, and the game skips to 3/20. You have the final dungeon, then the scene plays out pretty similarly to him boarding the train, Nevermore starts, credits.

I just love how some people think you somehow owe Kanji for having a crush on Naoto. That she's his girl, despite the fact that he's never attempted to make a move.

That and how the player's lovers route with her, IMHO, does a disservice to her character.

What can I say? I'm a utilitarian when it comes to shipping.

EDIT:
arrrgh why is the Persona 3 OST so good. Its too good. I can't stop listening.

Is it gonna put you in a trance?

PK Gaming

That and how the player's lovers route with her, IMHO, does a disservice to her character.

The lovers route for Naoto is pretty weak, but I still think the Yu/Naoto is a better pairing than Kanji/Naoto. The latter is completely one-sided on Kanji's part, Naoto already shot down the possibility of them being together, and Naoto / Kanji in general have poor chemistry together. It's just intense simping on Kanji's part while Naoto acts oblivious. Pretty basic, cliched and wholly uninteresting.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The lovers route for Naoto is pretty weak, but I still think the Yu/Naoto is a better pairing than Kanji/Naoto. The latter is completely one-sided on Kanji's part, Naoto already shot down the possibility of them being together, and Naoto / Kanji in general have poor chemistry together. It's just intense simping on Kanji's part while Naoto acts oblivious. Pretty basic, cliched and wholly uninteresting.

I love how Chie shoots down Youske with a RPG.

Busaiku

Would friending all the girls allow for group activities with them?
Or does it automatically just default to the guys?

Like, my favorite ski trip and Valentines was with the guys.
The group dynamic is so much more fun than just a 1 on 1.

I actually thought that's what the Harem route would do, so I was disappointed that wasn't the case.

Nimby

Banned
Would friending all the girls allow for group activities with them?
Or does it automatically just default to the guys?

Like, my favorite ski trip and Valentines was with the guys.
The group dynamic is so much more fun than just a 1 on 1.

I actually thought that's what the Harem route would do, so I was disappointed that wasn't the case.

I think it would automatically default to the guys. I know this is true in Vanilla's case, unsure about Golden though.

Dantis

EDIT:

Is it gonna put you in a trance?

I actually disagree. I think the Lover's route shows a different side to her character, and make her more interesting because of it.

I don't care for many of the scenes, but the way Naoto acts in them still contributes to how I see her as a whole.

Also I hate Kanji and Naoto as a pairing.

I'm watching a tekken tournament on twitch and had to show you guys this

kaiemWO.jpg

PK Gaming

I actually disagree. I think the Lover's route shows a different side to her character, and make her more interesting because of it.

I don't care for many of the scenes, but the way Naoto acts in them still contributes to how I see her as a whole.

Also I hate Kanji and Naoto as a pairing.

Hmm.

I guess i'll have to go over it again and give it a fair shake, because I remember not liking it as much as some of the others. Though to be quite honest, I dislike most of the lovers routes.

Adachi x Dojima
Kanji x Naoto
Yosuke x Chie
Yu x Rise, Yukiko, Marie

9o8y6eF.png

Busaiku

I hope Persona 5 doesn't have a mandatory Navigator role.
I should've been able to take Rise into battles and dress her up darn it.

Dantis

yes we all know DantisxNaoto is troo canon

Fuck you.
He wishes :p

And you.
b...

baka...

And I don't know what that even means.

Hmm.

I guess i'll have to go over it again and give it a fair shake, because I remember not liking it as much as some of the others. Though to be quite honest, I dislike most of the lovers routes.

I dislike the added romance stuff in P4G, because it's pretty heavy handed, but I still think Naoto's is at least interesting.

Top Bottom