• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Dantis

I drew a picture of Naoto dressed like Mitsuru.

z9VHrab.png

Also happy birthday to PK!

Dantis

This guy knows what's up.

Also I like KanjixNaoto, screw the haters.

I feel like they're two characters with zero chemistry who are pushed as a couple by the fanbase because of the way Naoto is introduced into the game. I'm actually vaguely surprised that Atlus hasn't made it a 'thing', considering how they generally react to fan favourite things.

As an aside, did we ever find out what the Atlus US guy meant when he said that have a relationship in Ultimax?

Love your Naoto drawings, Dantis. Seems like you never ran out of ideas when drawing Naoto huh? :p

Happy birthday PK!

That... actually looks strangely appropriate.

usually not a fan of long haired Naoto, but this is great!

Uwaaaah this is fantastic

Thanks! And no, Arue. There's always more. :p

I'm always open to suggestions though, if anyone thinks of any great ones. ;)

sjack

Banned
I feel like they're two characters with zero chemistry who are pushed as a couple by the fanbase because of the way Naoto is introduced into the game. I'm actually vaguely surprised that Atlus hasn't made it a 'thing', considering how they generally react to fan favourite things.

Actually, the whole awkwardness between them is why find it endearing, especially since neither of them are very socially competent. Their status as social outcasts caused from their insecurities from gender roles forced onto them by society is where I see them finding common ground in a relationship. Anyways, I'd rather it be Kanji than Yu, who has about as much personality as a plank of wood.

As an aside, did we ever find out what the Atlus US guy meant when he said that have a relationship in Ultimax?

Yeah, someone later clarified that he just meant about the match intros and that kanji/naoto have a specific one, just like yukiko/akihiko or yu/teddie.

Dantis

Actually, the whole awkwardness between them is why find it endearing, especially since neither of them are very socially competent. Their status as social outcasts caused from their insecurities from gender roles forced onto them by society is where I see them finding common ground in a relationship. Anyways, I'd rather it be Kanji than Yu, who has about as much personality as a plank of wood.

Naoto isn't awkward around Kanji though, it's just Kanji who is awkward around her.

I thought it turned out he was just referring to one of those match-up specific openings where the characters have unique dialogue for each other, but I can't seem to find a source or any clip showing said opening. If I had access to my PS3 I'd check, but I don't sadly.

EDIT: ninja'd by Reanimatoin, haha.

Naoto as P3 Akihiko or Maya would be interesting to me.

Dantis

When he asks her to participate in the beauty pageant show. I think I'm paraphrasing the quote though.

Rewatching the scene now. She doesn't get embarrassed. He does.

Also, I like old Naoto a lot more, and this video is reminding me of it. :/

Dantis

She also got flustered at the ski resort.

That's the only time though, and it's literally because they're on top of each other.

The point is, there's no chemistry.

Like, Yosuke and Chie, I can at least understand. They interact pretty often. Kanji coughs and splutters around Naoto and the fanbase starts talking about canonical pairings. It's up there with steak and cabbages as 'Most annoying things that the fanbase has conjured up'.

By the way, here is my piece for Michelle Ann's charity event:

I slaved on this drawing for 10 hours straight yesterday. I'll never do that again _:)'3」∠)_

It's a great picture!

84X

Banned
I thought the whole point of Kanji and Naoto's relationship was that it was entirely one sided; Naoto never really realized or cared that Kanji had a crush on her.
However, there's no real reason they couldn't become more than friends, but it isn't really any more likely than any other pairing... and I wouldn't want them to do it just for the fan base because that's shit.

Anyways I don't usually care to talk about this because Yu is obviously crazy for that Kanji booty anyways.

Already told you on Twitter, but Happy birthday.

Also I like KanjixNaoto, screw the haters.

Hells yeah. Naoto and Kanji all the way. How could she, or anyone else for that matter. ever resist the manliest man alive on the planet.

NaotoxKanji Canon

persona-4-golden-naoto-epilogue-h1n-net.jpg

Rise knows whats up between them two. Hubba Hubba.

Shinjiro is the final party member in Persona 3 FES correct? He's kind of weird with his no weaknesses/resistances and almost no skills but at least he's at a high level. I'm also very disappointed there wasn't an anime cut scene of Ken shooting himself in the head first time :|

Sophia

Shinjiro is the final party member in Persona 3 FES correct? He's kind of weird with his no weaknesses/resistances and almost no skills but at least he's at a high level. I'm also very disappointed there wasn't an anime cut scene of Ken shooting himself in the head first time :|

He gets some pretty awesome abilities at level 72 (Akasha Arts) and 77 (God's Hand)

Dantis

So when do we think we'll hear from P4D again? I actually wonder if we'll hear about P5 first at this rate.

Hells yeah. Naoto and Kanji all the way. How could she, or anyone else for that matter. ever resist the manliest man alive on the planet.

NaotoxKanji Canon
Rise knows whats up between them two. Hubba Hubba.

Absolutely not.

We've actually had Persona news for the past several Tuesdays, though maybe not as significant as we'd want it to be.

The only thing I can think of is the Ultimax OST announcement, though I don't doubt there's more that I've forgotten about.

I'm still hoping to get a summary of what happened during the last PSC, even if it's nothing too major.

FluxWaveZ

The only thing I can think of is the Ultimax OST announcement, though I don't doubt there's more that I've forgotten about.

I'm still hoping to get a summary of what happened during the last PSC, even if it's nothing too major.

Of significance, the last thing bit of news was probably the P4AU OST announcement (though I would personally say it's the 230k copies shipped worldwide number for P4AU), but just October's Tuesdays have had:

October 7 = PQ Tarot cards included with Europe standard edition
October 14 = P4AU Challenge mode trials #25 and #30 released as DLC
October 21 = P4AU Europe release date officially announced; new PQ English trailers and art book preview
October 28 = P4AU Europe release shirt designs revealed; P4AU Europe DLC details

I'd also like a PSC episode 9 summary, though not much happened in it. There's a bit here.

I'm okay with KanjixNaoto. I kinda felt bad dating her while Kanji was in love with her lol I know Naoto's not a trophy or anything but poor bro.
That's actually great, now all those horrible designs can be retconned and characters can go back to looking the way they were supposed to be.
Yeah I agree. If anything I only think Chie looks better than before.
level-up.jpg

Intelligence +0
Charisma +0
Luck +1
Strength -1
Endurance -1
Programming skill +1
SP +3

I'm 22 now
Happy birthday!!
This discussion has made me sad about P4D's designs again. :(
Also, I like old Naoto a lot more, and this video is reminding me of it. :/
-pat pat-

Soulflarz

Banned

Hes sort of usable end game, but overall the other characters are much better, as I said in my tweets :3

Thanks for the awesome birthday wishes guys, it really means a lot to me

Sorry, I guess it's happy belated now (at least in my time zone), didn't check the thread until now.

Here's a crummy MS Paint edit:

I should've edit the time, but it was close enough :p

BTW is there way to upload pictures directly from the PC? I post pictures saved on my laptop by posting privately on my Tumblr then linking it, but there's probably a more efficient way.

He gets some pretty awesome abilities at level 72 (Akasha Arts) and 77 (God's Hand)

P3
I wish he stayed longer, he gets power charge and high counter too. Probably one of the best offensively, maybe worse than Mitsuru. Too bad there's no practical way to get him to that level, and if you do then you should be at the point that you can already stomp all over everyone.

Thanks! And no, Arue. There's always more. :p

How about a Naoto x Kanji one? That's a great one!
jk :)

Like, Yosuke and Chie, I can at least understand. They interact pretty often. Kanji coughs and splutters around Naoto and the fanbase starts talking about canonical pairings. It's up there with steak and cabbages as 'Most annoying things that the fanbase has conjured up'.

Actually I just wanted a reason to use that gif, even though it makes little sense in this context.
I personally don't think they're that annoying, just as jokes. Sometimes they do go too far though.

I wont have time to finish SMTIV before PQ is out.
Can't believe we're getting these 2 so close to each other. (I mean Yurop of course)

Top Bottom