• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

When it was first brought up a while back, I dismissed the "selfie" persona summoning. That's just too silly!, I thought. But now that I've mulled it over, I wouldn't be too opposed to it. I'm sure each character could bring a unique style to the capture and I feel like it would it fit in naturally with the urban city theme (assuming that's it from the trailer). Capturing your "self" with a picture (on your own terms) as a way to show yourself off to the world feels like something Persona would do. Group photos for team attacks! :p

One way you could potentially make this work is if the cameras all used the flash and then the silhouette/shadow that appears behind the character then turned into the Persona.

It would tie into the fact that Personae are repurposed Shadows.

84X

Banned
One way you could potentially make this work is if the cameras all used the flash and then the silhouette/shadow that appears behind the character then turned into the Persona.

It would tie into the fact that Personae are repurposed Shadows.

Shit will hit the fan when you try to snapchat in the middle of class.

It has some good moments. But it also introduced a character that I like less than Marie.

I thought the slink spoilercast had it right by saying the story was something you would expect out of Naruto

Glad we agree.
Also, it reminded me of 'The Yu-Gi-Oh drinking game', if you catch my drift.

Related related question, other than the Arena series, do the P3 crew summon their personae outside of the Dark Hour?

P3
Chidori's persona manifests itself in the middle of the day before Shinjiro forces some meds down her throat. So that could just be an aspect of it going berzerk.

Related related question, other than the Arena series, do the P3 crew summon their personae outside of the Dark Hour?

Ah! Yes, this is what I meant by "the P3 crew could do it."
Chidori's Persona manifests and tries to strangle her in the hospital. So it's at least possible for them to appear in the "normal" world, though I don't know about deliberately.

Edit: GODAMMIT

P3
Chidori's persona manifests itself in the middle of the day before Shinjiro forces some meds down her throat. So that could just be an aspect of it going berzerk.

Ah! Yes, this is what I meant by "the P3 crew could do it."
Chidori's Persona manifests and tries to strangle her in the hospital. So it's at least possible for them to appear in the "normal" world, though I don't know about deliberately.

I actually meant the SEES guys, but yeah this sorta thing. Does anyone from the SEES team do it?

Weiss

Banned
Given that we're bound to get some form of DLC, what are you expecting?

I can seem some cosmetics, like Gekoukan and Yasogami uniforms, and Featherman costumes are a good bet too.

I can also see them having pre-order personas like Orpheus and Izanagi.

84X

Banned

I can seem some cosmetics, like Gekoukan and Yasogami uniforms, and Featherman costumes are too.

I can also seem them having pre-order personas like Orpheus and Izanagi.

$59.99 to not have to play as Marie.

Though really I expect (overpriced) personas and costumes, maybe even an extra scenario later on.

I can seem some cosmetics, like Gekoukan and Yasogami uniforms, and Featherman costumes are too.

I can also seem them having pre-order personas like Orpheus and Izanagi.

Sorry, but DLC for what exactly? DAN?

FluxWaveZ

If the Persona 4 characters could summon their Personas in the real world, we'd have Yosuke and Chie summoning theirs during arguments, Rise summoning hers in bars and on school trips and Teddie summoning his everywhere for no reason.

Persona 3 crew have that discipline. P1 crew too, I guess. I'd say P2 crew, but then there's Eikichi throwing his Persona at people who don't have one and beating them up.

Xenoflare

Actually, old games' character Personas as DLC is something I can get behind. That and costumes based on them.

If it's designed and fitted properly I'm totally down with that.

I know I'm probably in the minority but the Tales of approach of costumes it's just crazy and well... unfunny.

If we can accessorize/customize (think pokemon x/y) I'd be so happy

84X

Banned
If it's designed and fitted properly I'm totally down with that.

I know I'm probably in the minority but the Tales of approach of costumes it's just crazy and well... unfunny.

If we can accessorize/customize (think pokemon x/y) I'd be so happy

Costumes in 'Tales of' were great until Namco discovered DLC, now it's just disappointing.

Also, I'd really enjoy a customizable protagonist for P5 since just being able to simply change hairstyles / hair colour would be a nice way to make the character represent you better, and customization beyond that would just be great of course.

FluxWaveZ

Just saw the original intro, it was a big empty room with the sofa.

Just symbolic of the Velvet Room. Possibly its form before Narukami becomes a guest there, since its form depends on the nature and number of its guests. Doesn't really matter, I think.

PK Gaming

If the Persona 4 characters could summon their Personas in the real world, we'd have Yosuke and Chie summoning theirs during arguments, Rise summoning hers in bars and on school trips and Teddie summoning his everywhere for no reason.

Persona 3 crew have that discipline. P1 crew too, I guess. I'd say P2 crew, but then there's Eikichi throwing his Persona at people who don't have one and beating them up.

One of my favorite scenes in P2:IS was when Eikichi sicked his Persona on Lisa and Tatsuya (who at the time, lacked Personas), simply because Lisa insulted him.

Hahaha

P4 alternate scenario:
Spoilers
And
tumblr_mgink7X1301rjluryo1_500.gif

P4 alternate scenario:
Spoilers
_
tumblr_mgink7X1301rjluryo1_500.gif

That is awesome :D

The Ultimax story weren't that bad. Once they deconfirmed
Makoto
a month before the US released, and SHOwed the SHO trailers, which clearly implied it was taking a SHOnen direction (Friendship, bonds, etc), i already knew what to expect, which in turn lowered my expectations and made me enjoy it. My major complaint is that stupid ass
boss
at the end. His face made me laugh though as
he was screaming about "bonds, rarrrwww, arrghhh bonds". The Adachi and Yu moment was pure HYPE.
I also loved the epilogue scenes and the build up in the P3 story. Its a fighting game after all, so I never thought the story would be of the same caliber as the RPG.

Episode
Adachi
was also really good. That, along with P4 and the P4 Golden anime, episode 6, made me realize just how much character development this guy has. I think the stars of Ultimax were definitely
Adachi
and
Labrys
. Incredible character development.

QuadOpto

You know Dantis...for some reason your avatar makes me think of Yu Narukami beating up the P5 Protagonist and stealing his glasses...

image.php

So, it looks like the next episode of PSC will be airing on November 12th, and it will feature Nanako's voice actor. Some kind of contest for fans to go to the taping as well. I'm guessing the show will be about the projection mapping Persona Q Escape from the Cyber Labyrinth that is opening up on November 13th somewhere in Tokyo.

FluxWaveZ

So, it looks like the next episode of PSC will be airing on November 12th, and it will feature Nanako's voice actor. Some kind of contest for fans to go to the taping as well. I'm guessing the show will be about the projection mapping Persona Q Escape from the Cyber Labyrinth that is opening up on November 13th somewhere in Tokyo.

Wrote about it when it was announced. PSC #10 definitely won't be about that real escape game; Akemi Kanda will be a guest there and it's going to have a live audience.

Top Bottom