• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

I honestly think that the Arena games would be even better if ArcSys put the same attention to detail into them as CC2 did into Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Every single frame and animation is pitch-perfect.

FluxWaveZ

I honestly think that the Arena games would be even better if ArcSys put the same attention to detail into them as CC2 did into Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Every single frame and animation is pitch-perfect.

I personally think ASW did the same for P4A.
zO0AyYE.png

So I'm guessing this is a bad thing. Or am I supposed to be excited?
Right now the only other game I'm hyped for is PQ. But I don't even have a 3DS.

In P5 do you think they're going to have any arcana outside of the standard Thoth deck (Aeon, Jester)? If they add more, they might need to extend the amount of time that you stay in town before the protagonist inevitably has to part with his friends so it's possible to max s-links (unless they want to keep it impossible).

I personally think ASW did the same for P4A.

I really like some of the character interactions and stuff with certain match ups, if that counts. Sprites are pretty good and some of the moves are references to their P4 counterparts. Pretty much all of redacted's quotes. Also story dialogue between characters.

FluxWaveZ

Don't get me wrong; the Arena games have crazy awesome sprites, but when you can make multiple 10+ minute videos compiling the shout-outs to the source material, you know you've struck gold.

Oh yeah, but I think that's just impossible with a sprite-based fighter like P4A. Taunts along with custom intros and win poses based on MUs could have helped for that, but CC2's objective wasn't to make a fighting game with ASB, but to make a "Jojo game" (hence why it's a pretty bad fighting game). If P4A had 3D models instead of sprites, it'd probably have dynamic camera angles and a bit more of those kinds of touches like Xrd does.

Dantis

It's a fighting game; I want that flair, as well as attention to detail in respect to how the characters fight. P4A does both.

I disagree. Some characters are well portrayed (Elizabeth and Naoto come to mind). Others are badly portrayed (Narukami). Others are horrendously portrayed (Teddie)

kewlmyc

I disagree. Some characters are well portrayed (Elizabeth and Naoto come to mind). Others are badly portrayed (Narukami). Others are horrendously portrayed (Teddie)

Teddie, sure. He can't do half the stuff that his fighting game equivalent can (I personally don't mind this, but I can see why people would).

I don't get the Narukami one though. What did they do wrong?

84X

Banned
The only problem with Yu I know of is him not holding his sword with both hands, which is kinda weird but not a big deal at all.

Dantis

Teddie, sure. He can't do half the stuff that his fighting game equivalent can (I personally don't mind this, but I can see why people would).

I don't get the Narukami one though. What did they do wrong?

Too 'swag'. Animates like a shonen anime character.

But anyway, I don't mean to get into an Arena bashing thing. I do actually like Ultimax.

84X

Banned

But anyway, I don't mean to get into an Arena bashing thing. I do actually like Ultimax.

Didn't think of this, it's actually a pretty agreeable criticism. Though I'd still contribute his 'swag overload' to the games general flashiness; Yu's attacks themselves (without all the effects) are really just bland sword swings.

Though despite possibly being the worst offender of being too 'swag', I'll always love cross slash.

PK Gaming

The only problem with Yu I know of is him not holding his sword with both hands, which is kinda weird but not a big deal at all.

Are you referring to his idle animation? It's justified, given he has to use his free hand to crush his Persona card / jab.

It's not any more 'shonen' than most of the fighters in this game.

84X

Banned
Are you referring to his idle animation? It's justified, given he has to use his free hand to crush his Persona card / jab.

That's what I had in mind, though I don't think that's really a justification since he could always take his hand off his sword (though that'd require more animation and thus is unfavourable).

Again though, I was just saying what I've seen others complain about, I don't have a problem with it myself.

Dantis

CC2 are one of my favourite developers. .Hack games are amazing and the Naruto series have some of the best cut-scenes/animations going and lets not forget Asuras Wrath. Just forget about the .Hack fighter that came with the anime discs. That was pretty bad.

FUN FACT:

.Hack is the reason I got into Persona. My friend used to talk about .Hack constantly, and when I got a PS2 because I was sick of all the shootybang games on my 360, I figured I'd give it a go...

Except I misremembered and bought Nocturne, Persona 3 and DDS instead, thinking that Shin Megami Tensei was the series that he'd been talking about. Whoops!

About a year after that I bought the first .Hack and absolutely hated it. Funny that. Imagine if I'd got it in the first place? Things would probably actually be rather different.

How does Yu have more swag in Persona 4 Arena than Golden.
I mean he has that popped collar.

This post had better be ironic.

84X

Banned
Yu's transformation into the swag god will be complete in DAN.

ALL HAIL THE MASTER OF SWAG.
#yoloswagollie360noscope420blazeit

Don't resist, it's already too late.

Yu's transformation into the swag god will be complete in DAN.

ALL HAIL THE MASTER OF SWAG.
#yoloswagollie360noscope420blazeit

Don't resist, it's already too late.

He ain't full Swag until he draped head to toe in Hood by Air. He's certainly getting there tho.

PK Gaming

I'm gonna regret this, but what is this "Meatsuru" thing?

It was the worst, most despair inducing incident in PersonaGAF history.

A long time ago, an acerbic and bitter Persona 2 fanboy was annoyed at how well received Persona 3/4 were. When he couldn't bear the good vibes any longer, he'd post a fat fetish image of Mitsuru (the image itself was literally gigantic) and then act coy and play dumb, even though it was extremely patently obvious what his intentions were.

He did this 2-3 times and eventually stopped once a mod told him to cut that shit out. To this day, he still takes potshots at Persona 3/4 fans, and paints them under the same brush.

Caladrius

I'm gonna regret this, but what is this "Meatsuru" thing?

A long time ago, an acerbic and bitter Persona 2 fanboy was annoyed at how well received Persona 3/4 were. When he couldn't bear the good vibes any longer, he'd post a fat fetish image of Mitsuru (the image itself was literally gigantic) and then act coy and play dumb, even though it was extremely patently obvious what his intentions were.

He did this 2-3 times and eventually stopped once a mod told him to cut that shit out. To this day, he still takes potshots at Persona 3/4 fans, and paints them under the same brush.

Pretty much.

Yeah I just went back to that page and saw that image...

Also RIP in peace Smed.

And what's so about this page other than the Swag OD?

Smedwicks requested a temp ban to focus on school.

And the meme is painfully overdone at this point, and I have a much higher tolerance for them than most people.

FluxWaveZ

Always thought that the go-to company for another Persona game collab. would be Platinum, but CC2 kind of makes even more sense, especially since they specialize in licensed games.

FluxWaveZ

Rather have a Raidou game be made by Platnium honestly.

I don't know what I'd prefer in terms of a hypothetical studio collab. (actually, I do know and it'd be a Persona Ace Attorney or Danganronpa game, but that ain't happening), but I do think that, if P Studio is going to do it again, CC2 might be more likely than Platinum. They excel at different things, though a Platinum game would most likely play better.

Sleeping table was brutal, came down to getting lucky with it not casting megidola and missing evil touch/hamaon while using magic mirror and revolution to pray for crits or free 200 magic counter damage. Glad I didn't have to grind though (was 41 mc 37-39 party)

That's... awful...

Unfortunately, I guess I saw this same picture on deviantart.. and it wasn't only Mitsuru. I just ask myself why.

And the guy is still around?

Caladrius

I have a terrible confession to make.

I found the Arena versions of the P3 characters more interesting than the originals. Not nearly as complex or really dignified, but consistently more entertaining.

And the guy is still around?

Yes, he goes by a different name now.

I don't remember the last time he came here, actually.

Top Bottom